Prove there's a god.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#633139 Jun 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They dig the southern draw more than a filthy Brit accent.....
They prefer an Australian one above all :)

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#633140 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Just sit in that ugly Civic hatch and go for a ride. Then we'll see what you say.
:)
Hondas are reliable cars. That is a fact. Good cars.

They just don't stir the heartstrings. Even worse, they don't stir the loins

#633141 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
They prefer an Australian one above all :)
Are you an Aussie?

Bad luck against the Lions.

Did you see my Boks play??

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#633142 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hondas are reliable cars. That is a fact. Good cars.
They just don't stir the heartstrings. Even worse, they don't stir the loins
Haha. Well my Ballade is indeed a boring car. Very comfy, goes fast and well, very smooth ride, has all the intelligent gizmos, with the vehicle stability assist being the most awesome. Plus its tiptronic with paddle shift. As a result, I can't feel a thing when driving it, and that's what makes it boring. Even if I'm driving fast, I can't feel myself going fast.

Melbourne, Australia

#633143 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of forces and particles as if they have a mind, as if they care about balance. It's weird that the more sense you uncover, the more you present a case of there being no Creator. There is no reason for a force, for a photon of light, or for any kind of particle to follow any law, to strive for any balance or have any tendencies towards anything.
The big freeze would be the end of concentrated light in the universe. But yes I think the big rip is ultimately going to happen, though much later.
I am recently fascinated by the following Quranic verse:
The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolls up a written scroll. As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it.(It is) a promise (binding) upon Us. Lo! We are to perform it.- Quran [21:104]
I used to regard it as analogous of the swiftness at which judgement shall come on the last day. Yet recently I've been pondering whether this can literally happen. There is research that suggests the universe may be like a flat sheet, expanding in a single plane, and also slightly curved, and possibly getting more curved with time.
Perhaps the universe can literally be rolled up like a scroll. Maybe there are huge black holes that can suck an entire flat universe. Perhaps what we are seeing as expansion of our observable universe, is actually a destruction occurring much further away by a very massive black hole.
What do you think?
From what I've heard, some scientist's believe there to be a massive black hole in the center of our universe and that we are been sucked into this. That's one way the Earth will end or there is the Suns expansion, which will burn the Earth up.

Melbourne, Australia

#633144 Jun 26, 2013
Sorry that should have been " in the center of our Galaxy, not Universe" :)

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#633145 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've heard, some scientist's believe there to be a massive black hole in the center of our universe and that we are been sucked into this. That's one way the Earth will end or there is the Suns expansion, which will burn the Earth up.
Actually we are so far away from the galactic center , there is little possibility of that. The Sagi A star is also a particularly poor eater, and calm compared to other supermassive black holes.
But even with the violent ones a star must pass very close to be captured in it's event horizon.

Far more likely a thing to happen is the collision with Andromeda
flinging us either into it's or our galactic center , or even out of both systems. Bot equally a possibility the merge would go unnoticed.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#633146 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And now you are doing the same thing that many many atheists do. You are retreating to agnosticism. Atheism is not the same as agnosticism. Agnosticism is a much broader term and there are theistic and atheistic agnostics.
Definition of Atheism:
Google search: "The theory or belief that God does not exist."
the Free Dictionary: "One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods."
Merriam-Webster: "a disbelief in the existence of deity; the doctrine that there is no deity"
Wikipedia: " the rejection of belief in the existence of deities"
Dictionary.com : "the doctrine or belief that there is no God."
And that is all it is. There is no talk of evidence either way. All this talk of "I believe in evidence", "I believe in scientific inquiry", "I believe in questioning", has nothing to do with atheism. That is ideals that you and more famous salesmen like Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss stack on atheism, but it has nothing to do with atheism.
You call yourself an atheist, and this is your belief, and so present your case for your belief. It is a simple request. Otherwise call yourself an agnostic and be done with it.
Atheism is not exclusive either, agnostic is knowledge, atheist is belief. An agnostic atheist just does not buy your idiotic myths.

#633147 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Not likely. Remember we are very far from the centre of the galaxy. And I mean 'far' in galactic terms.

#633148 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we are so far away from the galactic center , there is little possibility of that. The Sagi A star is also a particularly poor eater, and calm compared to other supermassive black holes.
But even with the violent ones a star must pass very close to be captured in it's event horizon.
Far more likely a thing to happen is the collision with Andromeda
flinging us either into it's or our galactic center , or even out of both systems. Bot equally a possibility the merge would go unnoticed.
Beat me to it.

My money is on 'nothing much will happen' when the galaxies collide. I think our little solar system would be safe yet.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#633149 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Beat me to it.
My money is on 'nothing much will happen' when the galaxies collide. I think our little solar system would be safe yet.
I wish I could hang around to find out...lol

“Listen to the sounds”

#633150 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I think life on earth will end a lot sooner than the universe ends (in whatever manner).

In a documentary on different theories of how the universe ends, it suggested that if humans survive, they'll ultimately have to build cities orbiting around white dwarfs. And by the time those goes out, we shall have to be able to jump to another universe, unless we are able to secure artificial light.

“Listen to the sounds”

#633151 Jun 26, 2013
saidI wrote:
Sorry that should have been " in the center of our Galaxy, not Universe" :)
Ah yes of course. I think all galaxies have one at the center.

“Listen to the sounds”

#633152 Jun 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is not exclusive either, agnostic is knowledge, atheist is belief. An agnostic atheist just does not buy your idiotic myths.
Agnosticism is not knowledge. It is freedom to doubt.

Definition of Agnosticism:
Google: an orientation of doubt;
freedictionary: One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God; One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
Merriam Webster:a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god;a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#633153 Jun 26, 2013
their are lots of examples by these its have been prove that their is god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#633154 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Agnosticism is not knowledge. It is freedom to doubt.
Definition of Agnosticism:
Google: an orientation of doubt;
freedictionary: One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God; One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
Merriam Webster:a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god;a person who is unwilling to commit to an opinion about something
No, it's admitting you don't know. Admitting you don't know has nothing to do with what you believe. Agnostic theists and agnostic atheists are two types of agnostic people.
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#633155 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes of course. I think all galaxies have one at the center.
Don't think it.
They all do. That's a fact.
Black holes are torus shape, just like a donut.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#633156 Jun 26, 2013
spydelhi wrote:
their are lots of examples by these its have been prove that their is god.
Really? Cool!
Show me.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#633157 Jun 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Take that f*cking Confederate flag down and then we'll talk about rationality, klan member.
What's wrong sonny? Did my avatar upset your misguided,programmed sensibilities?
Greens - tuf

Northmead, Australia

#633158 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Honda fan??
Just letting everybody on the thread know, I do not know this man.

Hello, glad your back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Aura Mytha 88,384
"I LOVE YOU Eva' 6 min Doctor REALITY 3
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 14 min Insults Are Easier 627
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min AussieBobby 284,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min X Pendable 184,770
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min truth 665,473
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 45,848
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 3 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web