Prove there's a god.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#633113 Jun 25, 2013
Manny wrote:
I am intermittently and finitely amazed by people that are ceaselessly amazed by other's mental deficiencies.
Manny, you are, as we say in the trade, non compos mentis.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#633114 Jun 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds like sh_t.
You're the first person to say that.
Oh well everybody can't be the ones having fun, we need you ..
So we can prove that there will always be a party pooper.
Manny

Miami, FL

#633118 Jun 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Manny, you are, as we say in the trade, non compos mentis.
I highly doubt that you are "in the trade"

If you were you would be able to tell that I am highly compos mentis.

And oh...better to be pitcher I think...just saying.
Manny

Miami, FL

#633119 Jun 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Well you better tell that to white people who think they're the gods of this world that they aren't doing such a hot job of not turning our planet into a black ball of radioactive ash.
It's already been established that humans are what's wrong with this world.
Like Dave Nelson said, mankind has no future here, anyway.
And this bullsh!t, whether fighting over god or race, is exactly why we won't have a future. We'll wipe that out ourselves.
What the hell is "faith" but an empty meaningless gesture in a quickly worsening world?
Now we are talking.

It nevers ceases to amaze me how a couple of complete strangers can have a genuine meeting of the mind

We have made a connection - your mind and mine just shook hands. Pretty cool.

Hi sharkey...nice to meet you.
waazz-up

London, KY

#633120 Jun 25, 2013
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol your latest ramblings only confirm just how unhinged you are son.You of all people claiming to be rational is the height of folly.
Like the Flag!!

Reminds me of a saying..

The only "good thing" that come out of the North, was SOUTH I75..
Manny

Miami, FL

#633121 Jun 25, 2013
Folks...

I know it isn't enough but this is all I have tonight (you'll miss me terribly)

Feed your inner good
waazz-up

London, KY

#633122 Jun 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for demonstrating that brainwashed godbots like you prove Gawdunit is the single greatest source of ignorance throughout the world!
Yuuuup... I thought so. When all else fails and not capable of answering a direct question, attack with name calling..

LOL,,

waazz-up

London, KY

#633123 Jun 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Go jump off a high rocky cliff, then tell me if god caught you on the way down.
ok. I will be right back.

Weeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee,weeeeeeee..

Wow, sharkey you probably wont believe this but, as i was walking to the cliffs edge God spoke to me and said..

Dont listen to that foolish man who said, go jump off a cliff, and then was stupid enough to say come back and tell me if i caught you or not.. God said you had no common sense, and that you was a special person who had been touched in the head as a little child..

I said God,, i totally agree with you.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#633127 Jun 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Coolest.
For reliability, perhaps the British cars are not the best.
Agreed. If you want reliability, Japan is unrivalled

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#633128 Jun 25, 2013
waazz-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is ya something to wrap your little brainless nogging around, this should be a breeze for ya...
"Take a frog and put him in a blender. Turn the blender on for seven minutes, or until whipped to a frothy consistency."
Pour the mixture into an open container and place the container in the sun for a few million years. After a few million years, retrieve the container and examine the contents..
"Do you have a frog, or just frog soup?
Remember, every chemical, amino acid, protein and molecule, all the building blocks that makes up the frog's organic structure are there.
Now,, tell me what is lacking in this bowl of frog soup that would make/create an "self-existing organism??"
Would not work, because other living organisms called bacteria would break down the chemical mixture into inactive compounds, thus stabilizing the slurry into something that would not react with anything, until they are returned to the natural environment where other factors will cause these chemicals to react with other chemicals, which would then be feed on by other organisms.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#633129 Jun 25, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% wrong!
Once again, gawdunit is the single greatest source of ignorance throughout the world. Is the universe complex? Yes. Was the universe designed? No.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Universe-Order-With...
"Is the universe designed for life? Physicists have discovered that many seemingly unconnected phenomena, which took place millions of years apart, played a crucial role in the development of life on Earth. Does such evidence reveal a purpose behind the order of the universe?
NASA senior research scientist Carlos I. Calle explores this tantalizing question and many more in this wide-ranging introduction to the very latest and sundry theories about the origins and evolution of the enormous cosmos. From the big bang to the possibility of a big crunch he renders the complexities of theoretical physics beautifully lucid for the lay reader.
Calle begins by reviewing the milestones of 20th-century astrophysics: the confirmation of the big bang theory in the 1960s by the discovery of cosmic background radiation; the inflationary theory of universe expansion, which NASA observations have recently confirmed; the formulation of the essential laws of physics that govern the unfolding of all physical processes, from subatomic fluctuations to the formation of galaxies; and physicists' attempts to unify all the forces of nature.
Now, at the start of the 21st century, questions have been raised about the origins of the laws of physics. Do they suggest a Grand Designer, or is their existence a natural outcome of some automatic process? Calle lays out the cosmological models based on M-theory, which suggests that our particular universe may be one of an unimaginable number of universes, each with its own set of physical laws. According to one of the most promising models, the big bang may not be the moment of creation but the bridge to a past filled with endless cycles of universe creation and destruction.
Calle also provides an exciting look at Stephen Hawking's fascinating proposal that the universe had no origin and that present-day observers may influence the very nature of reality.
Did the universe require a prime mover the Grand Designer to create the planets, the stars, and the galaxies? The Universe Order without Design will give you plenty of food for thought."
You don't get it, the order IS the design. The laws are the design. And agreed, there may be other universes with vastly different laws . Different systems, that may or may not support life.

If you have a perception of God designing planets and stars on a mainframe computer and then poof, The planet exists, then such a perception is obviously proven false. There is no such god of that perception. But shooting down perceptions is nothing more than shooting down perceptions.

Just because one can understand and to some extent manipulate the system to our own advantage, does not negate that God created the system.

And the big crunch has been long disproven. The universe had a beginning and it has an end, in the big freeze. Well, if you can call that an end. It may actually end long after that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#633130 Jun 25, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, the order IS the design....
So again, you are claiming that gold coins are proof that leprechauns exist.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#633131 Jun 25, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it, the order IS the design. The laws are the design. And agreed, there may be other universes with vastly different laws . Different systems, that may or may not support life.
If you have a perception of God designing planets and stars on a mainframe computer and then poof, The planet exists, then such a perception is obviously proven false. There is no such god of that perception. But shooting down perceptions is nothing more than shooting down perceptions.
Just because one can understand and to some extent manipulate the system to our own advantage, does not negate that God created the system.
And the big crunch has been long disproven. The universe had a beginning and it has an end, in the big freeze. Well, if you can call that an end. It may actually end long after that.
Don't count out the Big Rip.
Natural laws are not a sign of a designer, it is a sign of forces coming to balance.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#633132 Jun 25, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. If you want reliability, Japan is unrivalled
Germans make this too, in fact all countries make some reliable models, problem is only a few people buy for reliability.
Most buy for looks , performance or function.

“Listen to the sounds”

#633133 Jun 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>When have I ever said god doesn't exist? My position is that the evidence for god is underwhelming and I don't believe in him. There's no point in even reading or responding to the rest of your post, because you are putting words in my mouth.
Again - you are making the positive claim, not me (and most atheists I know or have spoken to would never claim to know that god doesn't exist). The burden of proof is on you. Your definition of god as "nature" or "one," and your appeal to what basically amounts to a god that emerges from the elegance of nature is cute, but not evidence in any sense of the word.
And now you are doing the same thing that many many atheists do. You are retreating to agnosticism. Atheism is not the same as agnosticism. Agnosticism is a much broader term and there are theistic and atheistic agnostics.

Definition of Atheism:
Google search: "The theory or belief that God does not exist."
the Free Dictionary: "One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods."
Merriam-Webster: "a disbelief in the existence of deity; the doctrine that there is no deity"
Wikipedia: " the rejection of belief in the existence of deities"
Dictionary.com : "the doctrine or belief that there is no God."

And that is all it is. There is no talk of evidence either way. All this talk of "I believe in evidence", "I believe in scientific inquiry", "I believe in questioning", has nothing to do with atheism. That is ideals that you and more famous salesmen like Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss stack on atheism, but it has nothing to do with atheism.

You call yourself an atheist, and this is your belief, and so present your case for your belief. It is a simple request. Otherwise call yourself an agnostic and be done with it.

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#633134 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are really spoilt for choice in the U.S.. In South Africa, car choice is pathetic. They are so many vehicles that we just don't get, or we get them years after their launch in the U.S.
I'm a Honda fan, and the U.S. has a great selection of awesome Hondas. But here in South Africa it's pathetic. Very little to choose from. We don't get half the Hondas you guys get.
The only good thing about South Africa's car market is that the cars are more reliable. Since we are so far behind on many models, the problems of a particular model are usually solved before the model comes to us. Compared to the U.S., we have much less incidents of mass recalls due to some manufacturing fault.
You are a Honda fan??

Just letting everybody on the thread know, I do not know this man.

“Listen to the sounds”

#633135 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Don't count out the Big Rip.
Natural laws are not a sign of a designer, it is a sign of forces coming to balance.
You speak of forces and particles as if they have a mind, as if they care about balance. It's weird that the more sense you uncover, the more you present a case of there being no Creator. There is no reason for a force, for a photon of light, or for any kind of particle to follow any law, to strive for any balance or have any tendencies towards anything.

The big freeze would be the end of concentrated light in the universe. But yes I think the big rip is ultimately going to happen, though much later.

I am recently fascinated by the following Quranic verse:

The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolls up a written scroll. As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it.(It is) a promise (binding) upon Us. Lo! We are to perform it.- Quran [21:104]

I used to regard it as analogous of the swiftness at which judgement shall come on the last day. Yet recently I've been pondering whether this can literally happen. There is research that suggests the universe may be like a flat sheet, expanding in a single plane, and also slightly curved, and possibly getting more curved with time.

Perhaps the universe can literally be rolled up like a scroll. Maybe there are huge black holes that can suck an entire flat universe. Perhaps what we are seeing as expansion of our observable universe, is actually a destruction occurring much further away by a very massive black hole.

What do you think?

“Listen to the sounds”

#633136 Jun 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So again, you are claiming that gold coins are proof that leprechauns exist.
That's a weak analogy since there are many who can create gold coins, and we know this as a fact.

And in any case, it sure as hell is more sensible to believe something created the coins, than believing the pot of gold coins created themselves over billions of years.

So if you find a tshirt that has no label on it, will you assume the universe created it as well?

“Listen to the sounds”

#633137 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Honda fan??
Just letting everybody on the thread know, I do not know this man.
Just sit in that ugly Civic hatch and go for a ride. Then we'll see what you say.

:)

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#633138 Jun 26, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of forces and particles as if they have a mind, as if they care about balance. It's weird that the more sense you uncover, the more you present a case of there being no Creator. There is no reason for a force, for a photon of light, or for any kind of particle to follow any law, to strive for any balance or have any tendencies towards anything.
The big freeze would be the end of concentrated light in the universe. But yes I think the big rip is ultimately going to happen, though much later.
I am recently fascinated by the following Quranic verse:
The Day when We shall roll up the heavens as a recorder rolls up a written scroll. As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it.(It is) a promise (binding) upon Us. Lo! We are to perform it.- Quran [21:104]
I used to regard it as analogous of the swiftness at which judgement shall come on the last day. Yet recently I've been pondering whether this can literally happen. There is research that suggests the universe may be like a flat sheet, expanding in a single plane, and also slightly curved, and possibly getting more curved with time.
Perhaps the universe can literally be rolled up like a scroll. Maybe there are huge black holes that can suck an entire flat universe. Perhaps what we are seeing as expansion of our observable universe, is actually a destruction occurring much further away by a very massive black hole.
What do you think?
I think there isn't enough information to know.
But if my hypothesis is correct we are at the edge of a loop that once completed , the universe will start slowing and coming back together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min RiccardoFire 7,360
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Aerobatty 123,504
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 39 min Timbra 169
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Anthony MN 681,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,457
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 2 hr gimme 8
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 3 hr Brice N Livingston 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web