Prove there's a god.
Rush

Nebraska City, NE

#632667 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
If he has actually managed to form a relationship with an adult female and procreated, I wonder if he has female children?
How does he reconcile the idea that he believes it is the norm for men of his advanced years to be sexually attracted to those that society deems to be children?
I have however seen this before when an offender said to me, "you can't tell me you don't still fancy the girls you went out with when you were a boy", demonstrating the exact definition of arrested sexual development described by the symptomology of the disorder "hebephilia".
This is a chronophillia("chrono " meaning time/age rather than something chronic). Indicating that he has a paraphillia for a specific age group indicating the point his development was arrested. His sexual ideai is a female who is not yet an adult...but she isn't quite a child which (to him) mitigates his self loathing.
He should seek help before he offends. No doubt it will happen when finding himself suddenly lacking in impulse control when older female children find themselves in his charge.
I agree 100%. It scares me greatly that he may lapse in self control, or has already.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632668 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:

All you have to do is link it. For you it's merely a matter of remember which page you posted it on then locate it, for me .... it's searching an entire website for a needle in a haystack. Or you could just provide it again, if it's evidence then you would only have to say what it is.
Why link it, Koder? You already consider it a waste of your time, so...

If you were truly curious about it, it'd taken you less time to google it than write that post.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#632669 Jun 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, DF.
What's wrong with a 1970s Detroit Straight Six?
Nothing at all!

I have a (Japanese) 1968 vehicle.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632670 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I just like the volvo xc90, it's not cheap but it's what I like. It's not like I haven't test driven other cars, the jaguar was £20k cheaper and it felt £20k cheaper.
I'm not a big SUV fan, I'm into trucks. But I did notice that Volvo of yours is rated very high for safety. Good call.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#632671 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One huge flaw with the "global" flood, there is not enough water on the planet to cover more than 50% of the land mass, at any point in history. Also no such "collision" from a body large enough to cause tsunamis, that are really difficult to mistaken for floods anyway, across the globe during the time that humans have existed.
Now a localized flood is pretty much a given, most areas of the world have flooded during the time humans have existed, and there are many different flood stories from many different locations, and many different time eras from which the "world wide flood" myth could have been copied, then twisted to discard the real story and supplant it with a bunch of unsupported nonsense.
http://i.imgur.com/Rm7CMNF.jpg

enquiring minds need to know!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632672 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a punchline?
Ya.

Antarctica sea water has significantly lower carbon-14 content than the rest of the worlds oceans.

Lol, ain't scientific apologetics fun?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632673 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked all over the article but I didn't see anything about a global flood in there anywhere.
Did you see it?
Um... Yes.

The title.
The header.
The first four sentences....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632674 Jun 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's where they lived, Nimrod!
Japanese sea life "lives in" Kentucky?!

O_o

London, UK

#632675 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya.
Antarctica sea water has significantly lower carbon-14 content than the rest of the worlds oceans.
Lol, ain't scientific apologetics fun?
"This is the well-known reservoir effect that occurs also with mollusks and other animals that live in the water. It happens when "old" carbon is introduced into the water. In the above case of the seal, old carbon dioxide is present within deep ocean bottom water that has been circulating through the ocean for thousands of years before upwelling along the Antarctic coast.

The seals feed off of animals that live in a nutrient-rich upwelling zone. The water that is upwelling has been traveling along the bottom for a few thousand years before surfacing. The carbon dioxide in it came from the atmosphere before the water sank. Thus, the carbon in the sea water is a couple of thousand years "old" from when it was in the atmosphere, and its radiocarbon content reflects this time. Plants incorporate this "old" carbon in them as they grow. Animals eat the plants; seals eat the animals, and the "old" carbon from the bottom waters is passed through the food chain. As a result, the radiocarbon content reflects a mixture of old radiocarbon, which is thousands of years old, and contemporaneous radiocarbon from the atmosphere. The result is an apparent age that differs from the true age of the seal.

The reservoir effect is well known by scientists, who work hard to understand the limitations of their tools. It is explained, for example, in Faure (1986) and Higham (n.d.)."

Science is fun, apologetics are funny.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632676 Jun 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
One huge flaw with the "global" flood, there is not enough water on the planet to cover more than 50% of the land mass, at any point in history. Also no such "collision" from a body large enough to cause tsunamis, that are really difficult to mistaken for floods anyway, across the globe during the time that humans have existed.
Now a localized flood is pretty much a given, most areas of the world have flooded during the time humans have existed, and there are many different flood stories from many different locations, and many different time eras from which the "world wide flood" myth could have been copied, then twisted to discard the real story and supplant it with a bunch of unsupported nonsense.
"If your world is small enough, all floods are global."

Might've been a localized flood that seemed to be global.

Might not have, though.

Consider that some people are still researching the possibility of a worldwide flood. They aren't looking to explain that God did it, just that it happened. Science has already proven that the parting of the Red Sea is possible, again - not that God did it, just that it scientifically could've happened similar to the way it was described it exodus

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632677 Jun 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
SL is the only Benz I'd consider, and it's too small and too expensive (my brother has one).
Why not Tesla? State of the art, attractive, roomy, never buy gas again, U.S. federal and California rebates (totaling $15,000), and ability to use the carpool lanes without a passenger. If drove the LA freewasys, you'd realize the benefit. 265 mile range, and I'd get the supercharger.
Oh, you're make the other SoCal libs all jittery with joy!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632678 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"This is the well-known reservoir effect that occurs also with mollusks and other animals that live in the water. It happens when "old" carbon is introduced into the water. In the above case of the seal, old carbon dioxide is present within deep ocean bottom water that has been circulating through the ocean for thousands of years before upwelling along the Antarctic coast.
The seals feed off of animals that live in a nutrient-rich upwelling zone. The water that is upwelling has been traveling along the bottom for a few thousand years before surfacing. The carbon dioxide in it came from the atmosphere before the water sank. Thus, the carbon in the sea water is a couple of thousand years "old" from when it was in the atmosphere, and its radiocarbon content reflects this time. Plants incorporate this "old" carbon in them as they grow. Animals eat the plants; seals eat the animals, and the "old" carbon from the bottom waters is passed through the food chain. As a result, the radiocarbon content reflects a mixture of old radiocarbon, which is thousands of years old, and contemporaneous radiocarbon from the atmosphere. The result is an apparent age that differs from the true age of the seal.
The reservoir effect is well known by scientists, who work hard to understand the limitations of their tools. It is explained, for example, in Faure (1986) and Higham (n.d.)."
Science is fun, apologetics are funny.
Ya ya ya. I got it, I got it.

Carbon-14 dating works and is extremely reliable.

Except when it isn't.

London, UK

#632679 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... Yes.
The title.
The header.
The first four sentences....
"Hundreds of MYTHS from around the world SUGGEST there was a great flood -- POSSIBLY local or­ POSSIBLY global, depending on the STORY.

Christians generally believe that this is Noah's flood, a global event brought on by God to cleanse the world of wickedness.­

The scientific community DOESN'T WHOLLY DOUBT THE POSSIBILITY of a great flood, but it has yet to answer the questions of where and when it might have happened(she missed the word IF)."

now on to her resume

"Maria Trimarchi, Contributing Writer
Maria Colenso is a freelance writer living in northern Virginia. She holds a bachelor's degree in English from Skidmore College.

Writer, researcher, editor
* Reasonably conversant in scientific and medical jargon; able to interpret research data and translate it to a consumer audience
* 14+ years experience in online media
* Proven ability in management of large teams, remote teams and cross-disciplinary teams

Specialties
Writing - Content development - Editorial voice and style development"

and you told me it was science...shame on you LMAO.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#632680 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the one about the seal that was just killed and carbon dating put it at 1400 years old?
Nope. Link?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#632681 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you're make the other SoCal libs all jittery with joy!
Say whut?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#632682 Jun 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Japanese sea life "lives in" Kentucky?!
O_o
No, you blistering idiot.

The fossils DID.

Now you're deliberately being obtuse.

London, UK

#632683 Jun 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Link?
Dr*bullshit cough* Kent Hovind...

London, UK

#632684 Jun 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Say whut?
he believes that whenever a hybrid/electric vehicle is sold, that god kills a kitten...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632685 Jun 24, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hundreds of MYTHS from around the world SUGGEST there was a great flood -- POSSIBLY local or­ POSSIBLY global, depending on the STORY.
Christians generally believe that this is Noah's flood, a global event brought on by God to cleanse the world of wickedness.­
The scientific community DOESN'T WHOLLY DOUBT THE POSSIBILITY of a great flood, but it has yet to answer the questions of where and when it might have happened(she missed the word IF)."
now on to her resume
"Maria Trimarchi, Contributing Writer
Maria Colenso is a freelance writer living in northern Virginia. She holds a bachelor's degree in English from Skidmore College.
Writer, researcher, editor
* Reasonably conversant in scientific and medical jargon; able to interpret research data and translate it to a consumer audience
* 14+ years experience in online media
* Proven ability in management of large teams, remote teams and cross-disciplinary teams
Specialties
Writing - Content development - Editorial voice and style development"
and you told me it was science...shame on you LMAO.
There are two scientific theories in existence, one suggesting flooding around the area that is now the Black Sea and the other attributing devastating floods to a comet that struck the Earth. Let's first look at the more popular hypothesis: the flooding of the Black Sea, also known as Noah's Flood Hypothesis.
In the late 1990s, Columbia University geologists William Ryan and Walter Pitman proposed that a great flood in the Middle East resulted from rising water levels at the end of the last Ice Age about 7,000 years ago. At that time, the Black Sea was a freshwater lake and the lands around it were farmlands. When the European glaciers melted, the Mediterranean Sea overflowed with a force 200 times greater than that of Niagara Falls, converting the Black Sea from fresh to saltwater and flooding the area [source: National Geographic].

------

• About 12,000 years ago, toward the end of the Ice Age, Earth began growing warmer. Vast sheets of ice that sprawled over the Northern Hemisphere began to melt. Oceans and seas grew deeper as a result.

• About 7,000 years ago the Mediterranean Sea swelled. Seawater pushed northward, slicing through what is now Turkey.

• Funneled through the narrow Bosporus, the water hit the Black Sea with 200 times the force of Niagara Falls. Each day the Black Sea rose about six inches (15 centimeters), and coastal farms were flooded.

• Seared into the memories of terrified survivors, the tale of the flood was passed down through the generations and eventually became the Noah story.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/blacksea/ax...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632686 Jun 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, you blistering idiot.
The fossils DID.
Now you're deliberately being obtuse.
Oh. Japanese fossils live in Kentucky.

Ok. You're losing it, mr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Chris Rather 104,609
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 6 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 6 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 8 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 8 hr blkguylooking 471
More from around the web