Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#632405 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What about dystopia?
Is that Chicago?
Dystopia?

In Socal, that would be the Inland Empire.

Sorry.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#632406 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Indoctrination is to teach a set of rules or beliefs unconditionally. It doesn't require a learner.
An example the media attempting to indoctrinate the masses by broadcasting.
I am not indoctrinated into Christianity.
I chose to believe.
So what is so wrong about people "choosing to be" Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist? Why do you call them "the wrong religion" while they in turn call yours "the wrong religion"?

You obviously cannot see what is crystaldamnclear: You're canceling each other right. When you each say the other is wrong then that renders both of you wrong and both of your beliefs are mooted out.

Conflicting religious beliefs will be one cause of the human race's self-extinction.

And it's really sad that we're letting what's basically a bunch of bullsh!t stories, lies, and gossip be the weapon we made ourselves to take our ownselves out.

Whatever Happened to the Homosapian?

Well, it gossiped itself to death!

Since: Sep 08

Olney Springs, CO

#632407 Jun 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hold no belief in the creation of a utopia.
We just have to do the best we can.
Sounds religious to me.

Goes with your preaching.

Olney Springs, CO

#632408 Jun 23, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You talk about people's brains being pickled - while having the gall to sit here and basically say that mankind can do nothing else but make itself extinct?
Why have belief or faith in anything, then?
It's all for nothing, anyway.
There is just no point.
So I say we speed up the process of our self-extinction.
It's inevitable anyway, right?
We have plenty of weapons and technology to turn this planet into a black ball of radioactive ash.
After all, it's all mankind can do.
It's far too much for us to create a utopia.
We can't do it, so we might as well get our self-extinction over with now.
We have no future.
Not here. For sure.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632409 Jun 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dystopia?
In Socal, that would be the Inland Empire.
Sorry.
Look, man.

I'm not here to argue with you...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632410 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Do you even speak English? Do you have any knowledge of the words with which you posit such meaningless nonsense? Words have meanings for a reason, and you toss them about, ignoring the meanings, changing the definitions for your own pleasure, or to simply deny the fact of the matter. While I may agree with you on portions of politics, or find your opposition meaningless, your blatant misuse of the English language makes my skin crawl each time I encounter one of your posts.
Learn English.
Excuse me, but...

Indoctrinate:
1. To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
2. To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view.

www.thefreedictionary.com/indoctrination

No apopolgy necessary.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632411 Jun 23, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>So what is so wrong about people "choosing to be" Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist? Why do you call them "the wrong religion" while they in turn call yours "the wrong religion"?
I have never called them the wrong religion. Ever.

In fact, I hardly ever even talk about them.
You obviously cannot see what is crystaldamnclear: You're canceling each other right. When you each say the other is wrong then that renders both of you wrong and both of your beliefs are mooted out.
See above.
Conflicting religious beliefs will be one cause of the human race's self-extinction.
No, I'm pretty sure it'll be about money and power.
And it's really sad that we're letting what's basically a bunch of bullsh!t stories, lies, and gossip be the weapon we made ourselves to take our ownselves out.
To what bullshi, lies and gossip are you referring?
Whatever Happened to the Homosapian?
Dunno, there's about seven billion of us, so....
Well, it gossiped itself to death!
You're nuts.

Long Beach, CA

#632412 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, man.
I'm not here to argue with you...
Good.

Learn instead.

Olney Springs, CO

#632413 Jun 23, 2013
http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/issue...

Nice article about our travel through the galaxy.

Nice and scientific.

Humanity is doomed. We won't survive the environmental changes. Not as humans, anyhow.

Book your reservations now or keep watching Star Trek and dreaming.

Some famous words:

I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#632414 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but...
Indoctrinate:
1. To instruct in a body of doctrine or principles.
2. To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view.
www.thefreedictionary.com/indoctrination
No apopolgy necessary.
None shall be offered, you linguistic buffoon. For what you have posted here opposes your assertion, which was "It doesn't require a learner." Your total lack of language comprehension is equal to that of a third grade student, attempting to learn what the words mean by writing random ones on pages marked with rules for the letters themselves. A poem to you is nothing more than a stanza of rhyme, a stanza of meaningless words thrown together.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Indoctrination is to teach a set of rules or beliefs unconditionally. It doesn't require a learner.
An example the media attempting to indoctrinate the masses by broadcasting.
I am not indoctrinated into Christianity.
I chose to believe.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632415 Jun 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Learn instead.
Oh, COME ON!

I can't even make a joke to you...

dayum

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632416 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.americanscientist.o rg/issues/issue.aspx?id=862 &y=0&no=&content=t rue&page=4&css=print
Nice article about our travel through the galaxy.
Nice and scientific.
Humanity is doomed. We won't survive the environmental changes. Not as humans, anyhow.
Book your reservations now or keep watching Star Trek and dreaming.
Some famous words:
I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
-Captain Picard, ST:TNG, "The Drumhead"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632417 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
None shall be offered, you linguistic buffoon. For what you have posted here opposes your assertion, which was "It doesn't require a learner." Your total lack of language comprehension is equal to that of a third grade student, attempting to learn what the words mean by writing random ones on pages marked with rules for the letters themselves. A poem to you is nothing more than a stanza of rhyme, a stanza of meaningless words thrown together.
<quoted text>
OK, thanks Dr Phil!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#632418 Jun 23, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry dude, I don't know you well enough to divine whether or not you are being humorous. Perhaps if it hadn't come after a proclamation of our having been "seeded" by aliens, I wouldn't have "fallen" for it.
But at least we now know dave thinks nibiru might be in LA. At least some good came of this monumental faux paus.
No worrie "tim" - I'm here to enjoy the discussion.

I'm over it and moved on....Just enoy.

:o)

Olney Springs, CO

#632419 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
While you have your heavy intellectual mask on.

If thoughts and ideas are broadcast via mass media as truths, and there were no dummies to hear them, would it still be indoctrination?

Would they be truths?

Would we have to supply a Topix atheist to make it either one?

Long Beach, CA

#632420 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, COME ON!
I can't even make a joke to you...
dayum
Nonexistent.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632421 Jun 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, thanks Dr Phil!
Dr. Phil is not a real medical doctor. Unlike that complete and total waste of carbon molecules, I do not claim to be what I am not. Unlike that total waste of hydrogen and oxygen I do not make assumptions based on stereotypes. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and even tolerated your inconsistencies, even to the extent of being relatively polite to you. However, as I stated before, your lack linguistic capabilities is grating on my nerves. Your pigheadedness is nothing short of astounding in such matters. You cannot accept being corrected, even by your own, but then, your own are unwilling to correct each other in such matters for various reasons and nefarious purposes.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632422 Jun 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
While you have your heavy intellectual mask on.
If thoughts and ideas are broadcast via mass media as truths, and there were no dummies to hear them, would it still be indoctrination?
Would they be truths?
Would we have to supply a Topix atheist to make it either one?
You follow the media? You abide by their words? You are clueless if you do such, for the media lacks both substance and intellectual integrity. What they peddle is what is popular, and nothing more, they make their living by pretending to agree with a particular target audience simply to collect the numerical value that offers them profit. They are in their rights to do so, but the people who place any value on such as them deserve the complete and total lack of education they receive for it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632423 Jun 23, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Phil is not a real medical doctor. Unlike that complete and total waste of carbon molecules, I do not claim to be what I am not. Unlike that total waste of hydrogen and oxygen I do not make assumptions based on stereotypes. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and even tolerated your inconsistencies, even to the extent of being relatively polite to you. However, as I stated before, your lack linguistic capabilities is grating on my nerves. Your pigheadedness is nothing short of astounding in such matters. You cannot accept being corrected, even by your own, but then, your own are unwilling to correct each other in such matters for various reasons and nefarious purposes.
I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

It's you that feels the need to rant and rant to try to manipulate someone into agreeing with you.

Well guess what, I ain't no weak minded fool.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#632424 Jun 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonexistent.
Are you sure?

I've been writing "non-existant" all this time, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 6 min andet1987 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 595,684
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min I Am No One_ 444,047
Why I'll Never Date a Filipina... (Dec '14) 13 min sandeep 13
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 19 min Just Think 628
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 20 min andet1987 6,103
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Jac 100,635
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 612,581
The Christian Atheist debate 11 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 726
More from around the web