OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#631795 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientific theories are not proven, they are simply unable to be disproven.
You can repeat the same definitively wrong statement daily for the rest of your wretched life, but it will never become true.
Sigh....Yes, RR- scientific theories ARE proven.

It's amazing how you obviously will never grasp the use of the word "theory" in the scientific community versus the use of the word "theory" by laymen.

Amazing as that is, it's sadder still.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631798 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Why has he been on sale for such a long time then?
I didn't say RR was "ON sale" you fool.

He is IN sales- that means he is a salesperson.

WTF is WRONG with you and WTF do YOU care how long he has or has not been in sales???

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631799 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Riverside Redneck is evil. Riverside Redneck is effeminate, do you understand that he is effeminate?
Do you understand that you are providing amusement here and nothing more?

Do you understand that you are totally deranged?

Do you understand that I am simply poking you with a stick and seeing you curl up in reaction like the brainless worm you are?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#631802 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! ROFFLMAO!!!!
First of all, just what year is 2101?????
But I assume you meant 2011.
At any rate, just because 73,505 didn't DIE from being wounded with guns, that in no way translates into them NOT dying having been the intent of the persons who shot them.
Really- it's like you're saying it's all good because 73,505 were "only" wounded by guns!!!
HILARIOUS!!!
OOPS.

No, lol I can see into the future...

It was supposed to be 2010, not 2101.

But it completely refutes your nonsense that most gunshots to people are fatal.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631803 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, I can't DO this any more.
We're getting nowhere.
You won't admit as to WHY a person fires a projectile at high velocity on an intended trajectory.
So....ENOUGH of this already.
WHY a person fires a projectile at high velocity on an intended trajectory?

To hit a target.

Aero will tell you "a living body" or some bullshit.

You'd probably agree with him...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631804 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
You said you are working as a construction worker making buildings.
No I didn't.
But you said another time to Black Thunder 42, "I used to build houses too, ah the good ol' days!", as if building houses was of the past for you.
It IS the past for me. What do you care, I'm not 13....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631805 Jun 21, 2013
Mythic Stalin Lover wrote:
Your imaginary savior and personal delusions are more important to you than your own family.
I have no imaginary savior or personal delusions, so....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631806 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care.
I simply want you to admit that Riverside Redneck is effeminate.
1. I don't agree with you that RR is effeminate.

2. Even if I did agree with you and even if he was, so the F*CK what- what's it to YOU?

3. What you want and/or what you want me to admit to means less to me than NOTHING.

It's about 8PM where you are- just have another drink or as many as it takes until you pass out.

Nightie night!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631807 Jun 21, 2013
My Thick Bust wrote:
I thought bats were designed to hit rednecks!
***waits for one of your fellow atheists to coment on your need for violence***

***and waits...***

***and waits...***

***and waits...***

***and waits...***

***and waits...***

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631808 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Into a living body.
In order to make it a non-living body.
HA!

I predicted that...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631809 Jun 21, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're completely brainwashed mind is incapable of grasping any irrefutable fact in contradiction to your Christian indoctrination, which is why you should be institutionalized immediately.
The undeniable truth is you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your willful ignorance of science and inability to differentiate science from Christian pseudoscience bullshit.
ALL OF THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE FULLY SUPPORTS ENTIRELY NATURAL ORIGINS FOR THE UNIVERSE AND LIFE ON EARTH WITHOUT ANY NEED FOR SUPERNATURAL INVOLVEMENT. THERE HAS NEVER EVER BEEN A SINGLE SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATION IN SUPPORT OF DESIGN OR A DESIGNER.
Yes, but you didn't answer my question, not even close.

You're anger is visable from way over here.

Calm down, try again.

Is it rational to believe in something (there is no God) without ANY evidence at all and still call yourself rational?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631810 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, little boy. I don't want to take your cool toys away.
I just want some sensible regulation.
Maybe an IQ test. Because a lot of gun owners I know wouldn't make it into double digits.
Hey, I'm all for regulation. Check out thegun laws here in Cali. They are the strictest in the nation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631811 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS.
No, lol I can see into the future...
It was supposed to be 2010, not 2101.
But it completely refutes your nonsense that most gunshots to people are fatal.
Where did I say most gun shots are fatal?

If I did, then I was wrong.

However, that does not refute the fact that the INTENTION of the shooters of those hit by non-fatal bullets didn't INTEND to KILL their victims.

At any rate, do you think it's just fine and dandy to shoot to wound and all the more if that wound results in permanent paralysis?

Ever hear of James Brady, RR?

Do you honestly think that John Hinkley did not intend to KILL him?

Do you honestly think that Mark Chapman made a "boo-boo" and only meant to INJURE John Lennon?

That more people are wounded by guns than killed by guns does not negate what the intent of the shooters is.

And I'm TIRED of this already!

And I've told you that a few time already!

So why do you keep posting to me to keep me in this topic of discussion when discussing it with you is FUTILE?

So don't think I'm ignoring you but any future posts of yours on this topic WILL go ignored by me.

E-N-O-U-G-H.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631812 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:

A GUN can be used to kill; therefore it's design is to kill.
WRONG.
There, I fixed it for ya.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631813 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....Yes, RR- scientific theories ARE proven.
It's amazing how you obviously will never grasp the use of the word "theory" in the scientific community versus the use of the word "theory" by laymen.
Amazing as that is, it's sadder still.
Name one scientific theory that has been proven.

Go.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631814 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but you didn't answer my question, not even close.
You're anger is visable from way over here.
Calm down, try again.
Is it rational to believe in something (there is no God) without ANY evidence at all and still call yourself rational?
Did I miss your response to my post to you in which I asked you:

Is it rational to believe in something (there is no Santa Claus) without ANY evidence at all and still call yourself rational?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631815 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
***waits for one of your fellow atheists to coment on your need for violence***
***and waits...***
***and waits...***
***and waits...***
***and waits...***
***and waits...***
MythBuster simply stated what he thought bats were for- won't even mention it was an obvious joke.

However, it was YOU who brought up bats being used as weapons to begin with.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631818 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go.
Gravity.

Done.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631819 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go.
Again- because you don't even know what a scientific theory is:

"A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing.

If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon."

http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-sc...

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#631820 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> This sounds much like the fine tuning argument, that the physical laws seem arranged so that life could happen.
It would seem to you in this niche that the universe was fine tuned because you are alive and it seems the universe was designed for you to live in.
But reality shows us it is not the case, the niche life dwells in is very small, and if the universe was designed for life, why did it take 13.7 billion years for us to evolve into it?
It more likely seems and appears life adapted to the conditions it could survive in. Also we are arrogant in assuming life has to be like us, when it maybe possible life elsewhere could be completely different requiring completely different conditions.
The fact that there are physical laws is not surprising, it would not have to come as a design. It is understood as forces moved away from a ground state they would balance and try to trickle back down to it's ground state. That would cause and ordered state to happen. Gravity would be evidence of the universe trying to return to it's ground state. Quantum mechanics predicts infinite universes all with different physical laws and different ground states.
I did not say that the universe was made with us in mind. The universe is fascinating and brilliant without life. Life is just a cherry on the top. It would be even more fascinating to find multiverses, with different systems of law. That would be a tremendous lesson on how we have underestimated God once again.

The thing is, you talk as if its all so simple, but its not simple. It's simple when you uncover the answer. In fact, it's not only simple, it is at times seemingly obvious, but that's when you observed and got the answer.

And in any case, much of what you claim is a "could have" and "maybe", probably from Krauss's book, "A Universe from Nothing", which is filled with re-definitions and conjecture. And this is what happens when one tarnishes science with agendas. Krauss had in his mind that there is no god, and so pursued a specific answer of how to create a universe from nothing. And what did he end up with? Having to re-define nothing and propose numerous "could be"s and then wrap it up with a bow as allegedly a scientific explanation on how the universe began. It is a propaganda book fit only for a bookshop, not an academic library as science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 11 min UnderstandPeople 4,842
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 21 min Classic 1,921
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Dolphin 560,142
Gay snapchat names 3 hr Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 3 hr vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 4 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 4 hr eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 265,377
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 18 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web