Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632074 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no difference, they are identical with nothing more than a different name because creationists wanted to pass it off as science when they knew they could not. There was a whole court trial on that matter.
Intelligent design:

Noun
The theory that life, or the universe, cannot have arisen by chance and was designed and created by some intelligent entity.

Creationism:

Noun
The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from divine creation, as in the biblical account.

They are different.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632075 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, continental drift is simply an effect of tectonics, which during the time the Earth has existed the continents have only been "joined" once.
Yes, that's in Genesis.

Genesis 1:9,“And God said,‘Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.’ And it was so.”

Presumably, if all the water was “gathered to one place,” the dry ground would also be all “in one place.”

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#632076 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent design:
Noun
The theory that life, or the universe, cannot have arisen by chance and was designed and created by some intelligent entity.
Creationism:
Noun
The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from divine creation, as in the biblical account.
They are different.
There is no difference, both depend on a god for which there is no evidence supporting.

Since: Sep 08

Olney Springs, CO

#632077 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it has , but it's not an even process nor is it a steady rate.
There is a new subduction zone formed too. Mostly when there is a earthquake some will slip under. To understand the rate the plates are moving, you only need to look at Iceland. It's divided by 2 separate plates that are moving apart, and have been for billions of years.
http://www.123rf.com/photo_2046833_iceland-s-...
Earthquakes are near the surface. They are effects of other processes, not causes.

Have you ever cast bullets , Aura? The slag on the top and how stirring brings it up? How your steel mold floats on the surface? That is like our crust on the mantle. Add tidal forces. Plus don't forget the boundary where the slag hits the lead. Heat convection and its effects on the surface material. Kinda like ball bearings for those tidal forces to work on.

That is a very dynamic process. But the way physics looks at thing, they are stuck on snapshots that they aren't turning into time lapse movies. This is why they get stuck on things, and not the processes in determining "reality". Easy to say millions and billions of years, but they are missing a lot of action in that time. Reality is not the way they picture it.

We are projections of something else.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632078 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's in Genesis.
Genesis 1:9,“And God said,‘Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.’ And it was so.”
Presumably, if all the water was “gathered to one place,” the dry ground would also be all “in one place.”
You are twisting things so as to justify your myth, nothing more.

Olney Springs, CO

#632079 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing there opposes what I stated.
No, it just proved you don't know what you are expounding on.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#632080 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent design:
Noun
Creationism:
Noun
They are different.
They are the same, they both want to put god in school. Who do you suppose this intelligent designer is?
Behe admitted it, you must have to. There is the conflict "separation of church and state" It's unconstitutional to put anybody's god in school. It's ok they can teach in private schools if they want. But in public school? Think about that, this is the same reason we fought the revolution.

Olney Springs, CO

#632081 Jun 22, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercontinent#S...

Continue and read about discontinuities and plumes, etc, then refer to my previous post.

The fancy words and myopia mask simply understood processes. This is a rope a dope for weak Topix atheist minds.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632082 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it just proved you don't know what you are expounding on.
That makes no sense. If nothing opposes what I had stated that means I know the facts in the matter.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#632083 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Earthquakes are near the surface. They are effects of other processes, not causes.
Have you ever cast bullets , Aura? The slag on the top and how stirring brings it up? How your steel mold floats on the surface? That is like our crust on the mantle. Add tidal forces. Plus don't forget the boundary where the slag hits the lead. Heat convection and its effects on the surface material. Kinda like ball bearings for those tidal forces to work on.
That is a very dynamic process. But the way physics looks at thing, they are stuck on snapshots that they aren't turning into time lapse movies. This is why they get stuck on things, and not the processes in determining "reality". Easy to say millions and billions of years, but they are missing a lot of action in that time. Reality is not the way they picture it.
We are projections of something else.
GOD I hate you when you get cranky and defiantly ignorant.

Earthquakes and tsunamis

The strains caused by plate convergence in subduction zones cause at least three different types of earthquakes. Earthquakes mainly propagate in the cold subducting slab and define the Wadati-Benioff zone. Seismicity shows that the slab can be tracked down to the upper mantle - lower mantle boundary (~ 600 km depth).

Nine out of the ten largest earthquakes to occur in the last 100 years were subduction zone events. This includes the 1960 Great Chilean Earthquake, which at M 9.5 was the largest earthquake ever recorded, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, and the 2011 T&#333;hoku earthquake and tsunami. The subduction of cold oceanic crust into the mantle depresses the local geothermal gradient and causes a larger portion of the earth to deform in a more brittle fashion than it would in a normal geothermal gradient setting. Because earthquakes can only occur when a rock is deforming in a brittle fashion, subduction zones can create large earthquakes. If such an earthquake causes rapid deformation of the sea floor, there is potential for tsunamis, such as the earthquake caused by subduction of the Indo-Australian Plate under the Eurasian Plate on December 26, 2004 that devastated the areas around the Indian Ocean. Small tremors that create small, non-damaging tsunamis occur frequently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subduction

Olney Springs, CO

#632084 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. If nothing opposes what I had stated that means I know the facts in the matter.
You don't know shit.

Continents are clumps of mass floating on a viscous mass. Supercontinents are just where those masses bunch up, which entails a lot of friction heat and deformation within those clumps.

Now, this will astound you if you had any brains.

ALL OF WHAT WE CONSIDER LAND, MEANING THE WHOLE GLOBAL SURFACE, THE CRUST, IS ONE LANDMASS, AND THUS CONTINENT, WITH A FEW PINHOLES IN IT.

And always has been since it first formed. If you don't have the cooled matter resting on that hot mantle, then you have that hot mantle exposed. The cooling clumps it. There is no exposed mantle, just pinholes down to the mantle. So your drift theory has some holes in it.

The cooled matter forming the crust rolls and tumbles within itself primarily. Subduction displaces mantle that will emerge in other places. In the meantime, fossils would get deformed.

Read the article again. There have been a few clumping close together of this crustal material. The only single land mass that could have existed was when where the mantle first started cooling. Emission of EM out into space as the earth turned and its orbit precessed. Matter cooled into the form you know now in a linear fashion.

Or something like that.

Olney Springs, CO

#632085 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD I hate you when you get cranky and defiantly ignorant.
Earthquakes and tsunamis
The strains caused by plate convergence in subduction zones cause at least three different types of earthquakes. Earthquakes mainly propagate in the cold subducting slab and define the Wadati-Benioff zone. Seismicity shows that the slab can be tracked down to the upper mantle - lower mantle boundary (~ 600 km depth).
Nine out of the ten largest earthquakes to occur in the last 100 years were subduction zone events. This includes the 1960 Great Chilean Earthquake, which at M 9.5 was the largest earthquake ever recorded, the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami, and the 2011 T&#333;hoku earthquake and tsunami. The subduction of cold oceanic crust into the mantle depresses the local geothermal gradient and causes a larger portion of the earth to deform in a more brittle fashion than it would in a normal geothermal gradient setting. Because earthquakes can only occur when a rock is deforming in a brittle fashion, subduction zones can create large earthquakes. If such an earthquake causes rapid deformation of the sea floor, there is potential for tsunamis, such as the earthquake caused by subduction of the Indo-Australian Plate under the Eurasian Plate on December 26, 2004 that devastated the areas around the Indian Ocean. Small tremors that create small, non-damaging tsunamis occur frequently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subduction
Tiny pinholes in the otherwise contiguous crust that has been rolling and tumbling for a while. The mantle material gets displaced from the rocking and rolling and hits weak spots above it. But the vast majority of earthquakes are near the surface. Simple gravity and/or tidal forces causing unbalanced mass to rock and roll.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632086 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know shit.
Continents are clumps of mass floating on a viscous mass. Supercontinents are just where those masses bunch up, which entails a lot of friction heat and deformation within those clumps.
Now, this will astound you if you had any brains.
ALL OF WHAT WE CONSIDER LAND, MEANING THE WHOLE GLOBAL SURFACE, THE CRUST, IS ONE LANDMASS, AND THUS CONTINENT, WITH A FEW PINHOLES IN IT.
And always has been since it first formed. If you don't have the cooled matter resting on that hot mantle, then you have that hot mantle exposed. The cooling clumps it. There is no exposed mantle, just pinholes down to the mantle. So your drift theory has some holes in it.
The cooled matter forming the crust rolls and tumbles within itself primarily. Subduction displaces mantle that will emerge in other places. In the meantime, fossils would get deformed.
Read the article again. There have been a few clumping close together of this crustal material. The only single land mass that could have existed was when where the mantle first started cooling. Emission of EM out into space as the earth turned and its orbit precessed. Matter cooled into the form you know now in a linear fashion.
Or something like that.
Wait, you say I don't know something that you clearly don't know anything about. Wow. Continents are not "clumps of mass floating on a viscous mass," they are the portions of the planets hard surface that protrude above the water.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#632087 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Tiny pinholes in the otherwise contiguous crust that has been rolling and tumbling for a while. The mantle material gets displaced from the rocking and rolling and hits weak spots above it. But the vast majority of earthquakes are near the surface. Simple gravity and/or tidal forces causing unbalanced mass to rock and roll.
OMG, I have not seen this level of stupid before.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#632088 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there are pinholes through the crust, they are hot spots.
The Hawaiian Islands, Japan and volcanoes and especially the calderas as well as the black smokers at the bottom of the sea are these things. But only massive eruptions cause large Quakes, not like the 9 out of ten major ones caused by subduction mentioned in the article. I'm sure Thera's explosion or the Santorini eruption and Pompeii caused quakes too. As well as the calderas.

Olney Springs, CO

#632089 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you say I don't know something that you clearly don't know anything about. Wow. Continents are not "clumps of mass floating on a viscous mass," they are the portions of the planets hard surface that protrude above the water.
Oh...my...God.

And you have an understanding of physics?

"portions of the planets hard surface that protrude above the water"

Wow!!!

I'm a semi patient kind of guy, though.

Kitten, what does that hard surface, AND THE WATER, rest upon? How did that hard surface become "hard"?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#632090 Jun 22, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly ,,gods are Imaginary
why should anyone believe in those?
Your doubt keeps you behind the veil of understanding. It is not until you allow for the possibility of a Godhead to commune with you that you will discover the value of its existence.

There is more value in acknowledging it than to deny it.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#632096 Jun 22, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Yes. Really.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#632097 Jun 22, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Teenage girls have developed a sexuality, that is what matters, son.
Seek help kid.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#632098 Jun 22, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
The desires are not sick, they are just your little feelings that tells you that, kid!
They are sick cimo. Havind a "desire" for a child, is just plain wrong. Once again, you need help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 6 min White Male_ 3,345
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 615,579
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Lbj 14,072
sex (May '13) 1 hr ashwin kumar xxx 255
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Sheilaa 17,759
Play "end of the word" part 2 2 hr Al Capone 647
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 42,205
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 626,824
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Lost In Transition 179,967
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr who 278,306
More from around the web