Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632222 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, um, nope. Even if it was the only way a proton could be, that's not evidence of a god. I asked for evidence of a god, not another blind assertion.
You did not ask for evidence of a god, you asked for design in nature.

I provided that. Quit trying to move the goalposts.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#632223 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Very seldom get off it.
How about you?
I usually have a cocktail, before dinner. Scotch on the rocks, or a Rob Roy.

Then a glass of wine, with dinner.

When I go out, my usual pre-dinner drink is a vodka martini, up, dry, with olives.

If lunching at a restaurant, I'll order a glass of rose, or sauvignon blanc, once in a while a beer (IPA).

When I am in another country, I may well adjust to the local custom (in Peru, for example, a pisco sour).

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632224 Jun 22, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
Five years and counting.
Still no resolution, no god proved or disproved.
What HAS been proven, however, is our stubborn ability to argue ourselves into self-extinction.
All over a question that can never be answered.
And the argument STILL goes on.
The better question is:
DOES IT MATTER WHETHER THERE IS A GOD OR NOT?
DOES IT REALLY MATTER?
Does it matter so much to us that we are willing to kill our own entire species off for it?
If it does matter that much, why are we on such a mass murder-suicide mission - over gossip and bullsh!t?
How sad that our dogmas matter more to us than our future on this planet.
I weep for the homosapian species, with our unique ability to self-extinct over an issue created in our own minds.
Sad.
Hey, uh.... Sparky?

We ain't killing each other, we're just debating.

Chill out.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#632225 Jun 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually have a cocktail, before dinner. Scotch on the rocks, or a Rob Roy.
Then a glass of wine, with dinner.
When I go out, my usual pre-dinner drink is a vodka martini, up, dry, with olives.
If lunching at a restaurant, I'll order a glass of rose, or sauvignon blanc, once in a while a beer (IPA).
When I am in another country, I may well adjust to the local custom (in Peru, for example, a pisco sour).
That's an interesting mix of booze.

I like beer, rum, tequila, whiskey & vodka. That's about it. But I'm a simpleton, remember? I have no use for your gay mixed drinks.

:o

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#632226 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothesis
It's a belief.
Let us know the results of your tests.
Remember, no hands.

It has been tested , and yielded positive results.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#632227 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting mix of booze.
I like beer, rum, tequila, whiskey & vodka. That's about it. But I'm a simpleton, remember? I have no use for your gay mixed drinks.
:o
I have all of those in my liquor cabinet, as well as several other spirits.

By spirits, I don't mean deities or ghosts.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#632232 Jun 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually have a cocktail, before dinner. Scotch on the rocks, or a Rob Roy.
Then a glass of wine, with dinner.
When I go out, my usual pre-dinner drink is a vodka martini, up, dry, with olives.
If lunching at a restaurant, I'll order a glass of rose, or sauvignon blanc, once in a while a beer (IPA).
When I am in another country, I may well adjust to the local custom (in Peru, for example, a pisco sour).
Sounds like you have more in a week than I will have in a couple of years.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#632233 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been tested , and yielded positive results.
Link?
xianity is EVIL

Bridgetown, Canada

#632234 Jun 22, 2013
_Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Did you try to make a point or did you simply attempt a side step. Here, try again: Please explain your fiction logic. Everything in nature is a product of original, universal and bio design. You see, I promise you that if you plant a peanut, a horse will not grow.
did the doctors increase your meds Chunkyboy?

doesnt seem to help none though! LOL

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#632235 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Link?
Miller–Urey experiment

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#632236 Jun 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Miller–Urey experiment
1953?

That was 60 years ago?

Transistors and radical new technology since then, but nothing but an inconclusive and very controlled experiment to support your contention?

Oh, I forgot the radical new technologies in chemistry, too.

60 years and they haven't done better than that?

But you keep the faith, eh?

Those acids in the experiment weren't dumped back into the primordial chemical soup, where they would have immediately had to react with other chemicals. How long would they survive?

Even if those non-life chemicals were produced, you still had to produce all of the other components that had to come together and combine and develop into a very complex collection of chemical compounds that then could replicate themselves.

Get real, Aura.
poon tang wayne

United States

#632237 Jun 22, 2013
Prove. I. Just. Farted. Wheww I did here comes another

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#632238 Jun 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It's late and my brain was itchin'.
I think there is a suppository for that.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#632239 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
1953?
That was 60 years ago?
Transistors and radical new technology since then, but nothing but an inconclusive and very controlled experiment to support your contention?
Oh, I forgot the radical new technologies in chemistry, too.
60 years and they haven't done better than that?
But you keep the faith, eh?
Those acids in the experiment weren't dumped back into the primordial chemical soup, where they would have immediately had to react with other chemicals. How long would they survive?
Even if those non-life chemicals were produced, you still had to produce all of the other components that had to come together and combine and develop into a very complex collection of chemical compounds that then could replicate themselves.
Get real, Aura.
Yes experiments launching mini meteors out a rail gun to see if amino acids could survive the heat showed...
They not only survived but formed some of the building blocks never obtained before. It didn't answer everything , but is evidence life may have been actually aided by asteroids slamming into the early earth.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#632240 Jun 22, 2013
SusieD aka peace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect example Miley Cyrus
One word: Disney.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#632241 Jun 22, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
I said I don't believe it's right for adults to act on their desires, as it would be sexual abuse(Though you said if it wasn't illegal you would sleep with teenage boys, why?)....
I never said that, you ass.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#632242 Jun 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention cars kill more people annually than guns do.
Oh and if you want to argue that it is not the car that kills, then the same argument can be said it is not the gun that kills.
you have failed to consider intent.

the auto was never intended as an instrument of death.

you have also failed to consider intent with respect to employment of the tool(s)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#632243 Jun 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been baptised, I'm sincere, compassionate, follow the Lord, don't give in to temptations, don't let family get in the way of my relationship with Jesus, have strong faith in God, love my neighbors and my enemies, I have faith in the Lord and I love the Lord.
you are a typical Pauline

you know some apologetic

but have very little knowledge of christian history,

and apparently no idea what is actually attributable to your jesus.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#632244 Jun 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that, you ass.
It was inferred, you perv.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#632245 Jun 22, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Some more good ol' Topix atheist version of goddidit.
Very impressive.
Tell us how amino acids are produced in stars. Or the other building blocks.
Or how they formed here on this planet.
Not equivalent. Try harder, godbot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 703,498
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min Tunisia allah 87,068
Trump Is Playing Mr. Grinch with Renewable Energy 17 min Poster Child for ... 21
Kaput! 58 min Merkel Ist Kaput 2
Mexico's """"REAL"""" PROBLEM!!!!! 1 hr Merkel Ist Kaput 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,910
Sunday night 10:20 p.m. June 12th 1994 5 hr Doctor REALITY 93