Prove there's a god.
Rush

Nebraska City, NE

#631902 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
But I would never actually have sex with them.
Just having the desire is sick, chimo.
Rush

Nebraska City, NE

#631903 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove I have sexual desires for him?
Also, linedazzle is a pretty gay name.
Reality Check

United States

#631904 Jun 21, 2013
Hitch's Ten Commandments

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#631905 Jun 21, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Just having the desire is sick, chimo.
Desire is sick? Not having desire = dead.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#631906 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fKhTk0IynHMXX
AWESOME!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631907 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a gay submissive, I knew you were effeminate.
For you, anything.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631908 Jun 21, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, linedazzle is a pretty gay name.
It's hard to say DAZZLE or SPARKLY without sounding like that gay dude on Will & Grace.
xianity is EVIL

Bridgetown, Canada

#631909 Jun 21, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So what other word should I use to describe your belief? Many atheists accuse theists of being intellectually lazy, yet many atheists would say numerous times "It just is!". The universe just is, life from non-life just is.
if life didnt start from non life,what did it come from?
btw
atheism is not a belief,you must have been home schooled by a pig farmer..lol

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#631910 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, but McVeigh killed 168 people and injured almost 700 more just by using chemicals...
Terrorists were able to kill 3,000 people with box cutters....
THAT's pretty immediate, no?
I don't know of any mass gun killing where the "gun man", was killed during the mass murder, by a civilian. Yet your allowed to bare arms. So they don't seem to work as defense. They seem to be good at accidentally killing Daddy, or sister or friend though.
xianity is EVIL

Bridgetown, Canada

#631911 Jun 21, 2013
6Kwisatz6Haderach6 wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, I do not have to try and do better. If something exists in my mind, it exists.
Your doubts reside in your mind, and therefore are real.
exactly ,,gods are Imaginary

why should anyone believe in those?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#631912 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely, but this definition does not hold true over the entire range of meaning for the possession, and /or intended use of a firearm. A firearm is a tool like any other, it's intent and use is defined exclusively by it's operator.

Much the same with any potentially dangerous device.

Explosives could be for entertainment , or they could be for some ill intended devise. That my friend will forever remain in the eye of the beholder. Lest we ban rope because it could hang you, anyways.
I should have added "from a distance".

What is a sword designed for?

Australia

#631913 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Teenage girls are not SEXUALLY children are they? SEXUALLY they are adults.

Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

SaidI: Teenage people are sexually immature. They are teenagers, not little adults.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631914 Jun 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know of any mass gun killing where the "gun man", was killed during the mass murder, by a civilian. Yet your allowed to bare arms. So they don't seem to work as defense. They seem to be good at accidentally killing Daddy, or sister or friend though.
Yes, but it’s rare.

In 1997, assistant principal Joel Myrick used a handgun to stop fleeing school shooter Luke Woodham.* Woodham, who had killed his mother that morning, murdered two students and wounded several others before Myrick, an Army reservist, rammed his car into Woodham’s and then forced him to the ground.

At a 1998 shooting at a middle-school dance in a Pennsylvania restaurant, which left one teacher dead and three other people wounded, restaurant owner James Strand took out a shotgun and chased down the teen shooter before persuading him to give up his weapon. After 51-year-old teacher Carl Brown opened fire on a Miami welding shop in 1982, killing eight, a man nearby grabbed his gun, jumped in his car, and chased Brown as he fled on his bicycle. The pursuer fired what he said was a warning shot, striking Brown in the back, and then ran Brown into a light pole.(Dade County State’s Attorney Janet Reno concluded that the pursuer had used “justifiable force.”) Not all interventions are successful: Other armed civilians who have attempted to stop shootings have been left severely injured or have been killed.

When a shooter entered an AT&T store in 2010 in a small New York town with a list of six employees he planned to kill and shot one of them, a shopper who was an off-duty officer drew his .40 caliber handgun and killed the man.

A 2007 rampage in Trolley Square, Utah, was put to an end after an officer, who was on a date with his wife, engaged the man in a shootout. The off-duty officer kept the 18-year-old shooter pinned down until more police arrived and killed the shooter.

In a 2006 school shooting, London Ivey, a school resource officer; and Russ LeBlanc, a former state trooper and driver’s ed teacher, confronted a Columbine-obsessed attacker in North Carolina who was firing at cars outside the school and had killed his father that day. Armed with his pistol, Ivey ordered the student to drop his weapons, and LeBlanc (who was unarmed) put him in handcuffs. In another oft-cited example, a student who opened fire at the Appalachian School of Law in 2002 was brought down by a group of law students who were trained as police officers. Two of the students had armed themselves during the shooting and were involved in subduing the gunman, though there are differing accounts of exactly what role the arms played in the confrontation.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#631915 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
To slice things apart? For me this includes limbs and bushes.
Watermelons and in the worst case, the other person.
So since all knives are essentially weapons , we must ban you from them, since you may eventually break the law with one.

Australia

#631916 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They were made for defense...by killing. We were all still warring all over the place when they were invented, so army's were very happy, the more they killed the happier they were. In Gods name of course.

Australia

#631917 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but it’s rare.
In 1997, assistant principal Joel Myrick used a handgun to stop fleeing school shooter Luke Woodham.* Woodham, who had killed his mother that morning, murdered two students and wounded several others before Myrick, an Army reservist, rammed his car into Woodham’s and then forced him to the ground.
At a 1998 shooting at a middle-school dance in a Pennsylvania restaurant, which left one teacher dead and three other people wounded, restaurant owner James Strand took out a shotgun and chased down the teen shooter before persuading him to give up his weapon. After 51-year-old teacher Carl Brown opened fire on a Miami welding shop in 1982, killing eight, a man nearby grabbed his gun, jumped in his car, and chased Brown as he fled on his bicycle. The pursuer fired what he said was a warning shot, striking Brown in the back, and then ran Brown into a light pole.(Dade County State’s Attorney Janet Reno concluded that the pursuer had used “justifiable force.”) Not all interventions are successful: Other armed civilians who have attempted to stop shootings have been left severely injured or have been killed.
When a shooter entered an AT&T store in 2010 in a small New York town with a list of six employees he planned to kill and shot one of them, a shopper who was an off-duty officer drew his .40 caliber handgun and killed the man.
A 2007 rampage in Trolley Square, Utah, was put to an end after an officer, who was on a date with his wife, engaged the man in a shootout. The off-duty officer kept the 18-year-old shooter pinned down until more police arrived and killed the shooter.
In a 2006 school shooting, London Ivey, a school resource officer; and Russ LeBlanc, a former state trooper and driver’s ed teacher, confronted a Columbine-obsessed attacker in North Carolina who was firing at cars outside the school and had killed his father that day. Armed with his pistol, Ivey ordered the student to drop his weapons, and LeBlanc (who was unarmed) put him in handcuffs. In another oft-cited example, a student who opened fire at the Appalachian School of Law in 2002 was brought down by a group of law students who were trained as police officers. Two of the students had armed themselves during the shooting and were involved in subduing the gunman, though there are differing accounts of exactly what role the arms played in the confrontation.
On reading this it seems the answer is if you have a gun you should also have trained in law enforcement or the Army. Though there are a few who are brave enough to jump in, we know many injured.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631918 Jun 21, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
On reading this it seems the answer is if you have a gun you should also have trained in law enforcement or the Army. Though there are a few who are brave enough to jump in, we know many injured.
Not necessarily.

But mass shooting are much rarer than your average burglar or rapist. Here's some fun gun facts.

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. 1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6 And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high.

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#631919 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't trust you with a rock, a slingshot, a spear, or a bow and arrow because you would probably try to kill me with them. From a distance.

They should be outlawed. Supersoakers, too, because they can carry a lethal payload.

Dogs, too, because people train them to kill. Falcons, also.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#631920 Jun 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't trust you with a rock, a slingshot, a spear, or a bow and arrow because you would probably try to kill me with them. From a distance.
They should be outlawed. Supersoakers, too, because they can carry a lethal payload.

Started out as a play toy.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#631921 Jun 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful.

Colorado's next initiative might well be to ban senile old men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Liamm 650,539
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 3 min Joe Fortuna 4,852
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 56,141
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 19 min Noname 39
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min andet1987 2,344
Washing machines are a waste of water and energy 23 min Noname 4
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min new ideas 106,074
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Rider on the Storm 182,965
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr ChristineM 445,930
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web