Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

you mad bro wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard of the Kalam cosmological argument? It provides sound evidence for the existence of GOD based on deductive reasoning. Deductive reasoning say that if the premises are true then it logically follows that so too is the conclusion.
For example -
Premise One: All dogs are mammals -True
Premise Two: All mammals have kidneys.-True
Conclusion: Therefore all dogs have kidneys.- True
----------
So here is the Kalam cosmoligcal argument:
Premise One: Everything that begins to exist has a cause for its existence.
Premise Two: The universe began to exist
Conclusion: Therefore the universe has a cause for it's existence
If we use a process of elimination known as 'modus tollens', the cause of the universe must be a personal, uncaused, beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless, enormously powerful, and enormously intelligent being. Which is the definition of God.
A typical Atheist response might be to say 'so what caused god then?'- The Response: Do to the absurdity of the INFINITE regress of causes the cause has to be an UNCAUSED cause.
- Feel free to challenge this argument -
No, it doesn't. It tries to make up for infinite regress with a classic argument from ignorance. You admit it right at the end. It is presuppositionalist and always presupposes whatever god the presenter has made up in their head. When your god can be replaced with a pink magic unicorn and it doesn't change the "argument", you know it's ridiculous.

Any pre-existing entity/entities that caused the universe do not have to be personal with a mind and will. No reason is given why your personal god needs to be this mover. Oh, and Craig is laughing at the way to the bank at your stupidity.

By Craig:

The curious clause “everything that begins to exist” implies that reality can be divided into two sets: items that begin to exist (BE), and those that do not (NBE). In order for this cosmological argument to work, NBE (if such a set is meaningful) cannot be empty[2], but more important, it must accommodate more than one item to avoid being simply a synonym for God. If God is the only object allowed in NBE, then BE is merely a mask for the Creator, and the premise “everything that begins to exist has a cause” is equivalent to “everything except God has a cause.” As with the earlier failures, this puts God into the definition of the premise of the argument that is supposed to prove God’s existence, and we are back to begging the question.

Fail.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That is not the way the scientific community works, nitwit. There is nothing plausible about Goddidit.
Have you ever heard of the Kalam cosmological argument? It provides sound evidence for the existence of GOD based on deductive reasoning. Deductive reasoning say that if the premises are true then it logically follows that so too is the conclusion.

For example -

----------

If we use a process of elimination known as 'modus tollens', the cause of the universe must be a personal, uncaused, beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless, enormously powerful, and enormously intelligent being. Which is the definition of God.

A typical Atheist response might be to say 'so what caused god then?'- The Response: Do to the absurdity of the INFINITE regress of causes the cause has to be an UNCAUSED cause.

Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice dream you have there.
Peer review by those indoctrinated in the same logic and approach. Gatekeepers in control of that. A constructed ideology passing as strictly objective. This is evinced by the emotional reaction to creationism or belief that there were supernatural causations of this existence, even in spite of the obvious fact they admit they don't know what caused the Big Bang. Pure objectivity would not allow that exclusion of possibility.
Ideologues in charge of the process.
No, just because the religious crazies do that does not mean the science community does.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm not confused at all, you seem to be the one confused.
After all you are huh, and I am Aura.
But who ever said I was rational? I don't believe in god if that's rational. It doesn't mean I wont slice you apart, It means I wont have to pray for forgiveness after I do. I also think science can explain things, though I admit it could never explain why an idiot like you thinks it can rebuke me. As if you even could and as far as I'm concerned you're just a weenie headed liberal and a POS disgrace to all. So go ahead a whine some more about how you hate America is the super power and how Columbia's weapons make you cry.
But it wont matter because when I cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war , your rotting flesh with beg for burial.
I bet you also cried when you outgrew your Batman Underoos.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, just because the religious crazies do that does not mean the science community does.
"religious crazies"

Uh, would you mind not spraying your saliva all over the internet?

How about a nice street corner with a megaphone?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you also cried when you outgrew your Batman Underoos.
I think they make adult sizes for guys like him.

Why miss a chance to make a buck?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not gonna scroll back through yesterday's posts, but I did see your post where you used the CIA as a source for infant mortality, which is one of THE most nonsensical things you've ever done here.
Also, I was talking about INDUSTRIALIZED nations- not third world countries.
REPORT: The U.S Has The Highest First-Day Infant Death Rate In The Industrialized World
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/05/07/19...
U.S. Top of List for First-Day Deaths in Rich Nations
More babies die on their first day of life in the United States than in any other industrialized country.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/...
Now here is some good news:
U.S. infant mortality drops, still high
http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/U-S-infa...
But the rate is still very high and MUCH higher than every other industrialized nation, who, unlike the USA, do NOT boast about being the richest country in the world.
At any rate, the infant mortality rate in our industrialized nation IS a national disgrace and AGAIN- LEARN. TO. READ.
Again- I DID say INDUSTRIALIZED nations.
Perhaps you consider countries like AFGHANISTAN to be on a par with the USA???
If so, that doesn't say much about YOUR opinion about our country.
Sorry, RR- you lose AGAIN.
I LOVE my country and I AM proud to be a US citizen and to have been BORN here.
But as has been mentioned to you in the past, part of love is recognizing and accepting the flaws of the object of one's love- warts and all.
I realize this is a foreign concept to you since you have posted that you DO love your sons, but if they came to you and told you they were gay, you have said you would DISOWN them.
That's not love. Love is accepting what one does NOT like about a person along with what one DOES like about a person, because....well, because you LOVE them.
The same is true of love and loyalty for one's country.

So continue to LIE and call ME anti-American, when it is YOU who is truly anti-American since the only way you can deal with the FACT that this country does have faults is by looking at it through rose colored glasses and thereby turning a deaf ear and a blind eye to REALITY.
Yes- much IS good about the USA; we do enjoy many freedoms that many of us take for granted which people in other countries fight to have and die in the process.
Yes- we are respected as individuals in many ways, we can protest what we don't like about government or private businesses without fear of censure.
Yes- within our country's borders, we are free to come and go as we please without having to have any documentation of any kind to go from one state to another.
That's just THREE of MANY things I love about my country.
And unlike YOU, I accept that this country does have its faults, but that I love it anyway.
Can you please try to cut your posts to under 1,000 characters? Why must you write a novel? You lose your readers that way, OCB.

I didn't notice you were referring to industrialized nations only, but why does that matter? You want to demonize America by making them look the worst, when in fact America is #174 on the CIA fact list.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Concession speech noted. Funny how you don't make the same case for your invisible sky daddy.
QUICK! Goalpost change!!

You don't wanna keep talking about the mythical common ancestor?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

you mad bro wrote:
<quoted text>
For example -
----------
You mad, bro.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes, all the patriots who think they need guns for insurrection. Bwahahahaha.
You're a loon, you know that? This post of yours has absolutely nothing with my post you responded to.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why in the world would anyone want to "push to end" patriotism?!?
Your pipe dreams won't happen.
Country boys like me keep American patriotism alive and well and you can't stop it.
Ahem!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_ (politics)

If there's only one government over every human on every continent there is no need for war, or that's the theory anyway. Patriotism, supposedly, feeds the desire to get even with another country's naughty citizens.

I suspect that "this" territory, the U.S.A.,(under a global government) would still be the one the rest of the world's citizens would expect to feed and house them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That is not in any way part of evolutionary science. You keep repeating the same lies.
All life on earth is descended from a last universal ancestor that lived approximately 3.8 billion years ago.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

the idea that all organisms now alive on earth and all present day fossils trace back to one or a few “original progenitors”

http://onthehuman.org/2010/06/common-ancestry...

Biologists have evidence that all life developed from a common ancestor that lived just under 4 billion years ago

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Common_descent

---

Yes, it does. ToE is hinged upon this mythical common ancestor that nobody can prove.

It's your faith, not mine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then provide evidence of this "spranging" into existence the the universe supposedly did.
Then provide evidence that explains how.
Go.
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, dirt and rib people is so much more plausible.
If you had evidence, you would've posted it.

Instead you attempt another goalpost change.

You're so predictable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/19/news/economy/...

Muscles, guns, and disaffection.

You can include a lot of ex-military in those.

They are not leftists.

Who will they blame?

Will the voting blocks of fuzzy headed thinkers and idealists be able to control them?

Read how Hitler came to power.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Why were guns invented?
To launch a projectile at high velocity on an intended trajectory.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're not proud to be.
He believes that Chaos should reign supreme. He's left some bizarre posts on the evolution forum. Don't expect him to make sense any time soon.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverb means an insightful saying, or some maxim, idiot!
I said "what *kind*"(of proverb), tardwad. There's biblical and there's Chinese, I've never heard of any other "kind". So which were you referring to is what I was asking. It's not my fault you are rabid. Get over it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_world_order_ (politics)
If there's only one government over every human on every continent there is no need for war, or that's the theory anyway. Patriotism, supposedly, feeds the desire to get even with another country's naughty citizens.
I suspect that "this" territory, the U.S.A.,(under a global government) would still be the one the rest of the world's citizens would expect to feed and house them.
My patriotism isn't about war or "getting even" with other countries.

It's about the greatness that is America.

I can tell you that I am proud and happy to be considered an American.

I have not wanted in my life for the material things that make it comfortable.

I have been raised in a family that was not afraid to stand up for themselves.

I have the freedoms that are outlined in our constitution.

I have a voice in what happens here.

I can become whatever I want to if I am willing to pay the price.

I have no animosity towards others that aren't Americans.

I also know that those who live in other countries feel much the same as I do about where they live.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He believes that Chaos should reign supreme. He's left some bizarre posts on the evolution forum. Don't expect him to make sense any time soon.
Lol, I ain't gonna hold my breath.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it does. I am a capitalist, and a conservative one at that. I don't much care for liberal ideology, actually, many are just as nuts as the religious people.
Conservative is not a religious ideology, it's a political one, idiot.
You miss the point which is not surprising.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 599,221 - 599,240 of717,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

457 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min ChromiuMan 5,180
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 255,753
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,513
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min TheBlackSheep 223,279
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Hidingfromyou 530,306
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min Hidingfromyou 93,245
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 51 min Senecus 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 598,799
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••