Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#631631 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, RR- that is the UNpredictability of weather.....
pre·dict (pr-dkt)
v. pre·dict·ed, pre·dict·ing, pre·dicts
v.tr.
To state, tell about, or make known in advance, especially on the basis of special knowledge.
v.intr.
To foretell something; prophesy.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/predictable
un·pre·dict·a·ble (npr-dkt-bl)
adj.
Difficult to foretell or foresee: unpredictable test results; unpredictable behavior.
n.
Something difficult or impossible to foretell or foresee.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/unpredictabl...
At best, one could say that the predicting of weather is unpredictable.
Okay- you can "predict" that it's going to be a hot day. I can do the same.
Meteorologists can predict that it won't rain. They base that on what they know of CURRENT weather conditions and patterns.
However, their predictions are often WRONG because weather is often too difficult to PREDICT!
Just because someone predicts something doesn't mean that prediction is accurate or will come true.
Meteorologist's predictions are usually pretty damn close.

Check, you'll see.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#631632 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been baptised, I'm sincere, compassionate, follow the Lord, don't give in to temptations, don't let family get in the way of my relationship with Jesus, have strong faith in God, love my neighbors and my enemies, I have faith in the Lord and I love the Lord.
Sorry- I jumped the "gun" RR- NO pun intended.

Baptized- BFD- you don't even know how to spell it.

Compassionate??? You've put down much of the masses here many times, RR.

Demonstrate that faith you claim you have. And the love of your neighbors and enemies you claim to possess.

Please- you SPIT on your Jesus on a daily basis here.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#631633 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- thankfully, more people have CARS than GUNS.
More CARS are on the roads than GUNS are in people's hands.
And- cars were NOT designed to KILL; cars were designed to DRIVE.
Right- guns don't kill people- people kill people and MUCH more often than not- with GUNS and with the INTENT to KILL with GUNS.
Car driving is one of the deadliest undertakings in the history of mankind. Road traffic accidents is one of the leading causes of non-disease related deaths with an estimated 17 million annual deaths. It is also one of the leading causes of death of children ages 9 to 18 with a record of 260,000 deaths per year.

http://socyberty.com/death/worlds-top-10-kill...

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#631634 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I saw it.
But just because a thing is a weapon doesn't suggest that thing is designed to kill.
Your own definitions showed that...
<quoted text>
Neither.
Weapons have many uses.
<quoted text>
You're reaching.
It's cute.
Yes it does, maim, damage, injure, defeat, destroy, kill, the definitions I provided from various dictionaries showed that. So it has been proven with links as you requested and still you deny facst.

Use is not in question, design is and that design includes the ability to maim, damage, injure, defeat, destroy and kill

No not reaching, just provided basic fact derived from you very own posts, but please feel free to contradict me with evidence?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631635 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BZZZZT!
It's actually the opposite.
There are approximately 62 million cars in America and 200 million guns.
And car related deaths are three ties higher than that of guns.
And guns save more lives than cars.
"Overall, there were an estimated 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles in the United States according to a 2007 DOT study."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicl...

And it's pathetic that you equate DEATHS with KILLINGS.

DYING in a car crash in no way is synonymous to being KILLED with a gun.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#631636 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to present evidence that there's no evidence?
O_o
No, present evidence that there is a god. It's that simple, present the evidence and I concede that you have a point, present no evidence and then unless you concede that your god is possibly not real (at least) or be labeled a liar. You said you had evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631637 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>DEATHS- not INTENT to KILL.
Yes- some people DO use cars with the intent to kill; however, the number of people who use cars with the intent to kill falls FAR, FAR short of the number of people who use GUNS with the intent to KILL.
STOP already.
Well now if you take into account the number of gun related suicides, that only leaves a few thousand gun related deaths. Then if you figure the accidents that happen with guns, you're barely left with any.

There were about 20,000 gun suicides last year and about 11,000 gun homicides.

There were virtually no vehicle suicides.....

Imagine that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631640 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Car driving is one of the deadliest undertakings in the history of mankind. Road traffic accidents is one of the leading causes of non-disease related deaths with an estimated 17 million annual deaths. It is also one of the leading causes of death of children ages 9 to 18 with a record of 260,000 deaths per year.
http://socyberty.com/death/worlds-top-10-kill...
I guess that means cars kill people.

We should ban cars....

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631641 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry- I jumped the "gun" RR- NO pun intended.
Baptized- BFD- you don't even know how to spell it.
Compassionate??? You've put down much of the masses here many times, RR.
Demonstrate that faith you claim you have. And the love of your neighbors and enemies you claim to possess.
Please- you SPIT on your Jesus on a daily basis here.
Demonstrate faith?!

O_o

Please, explain how one could demonstrate faith....

Considering you can't demonstrate love, THIS outta be good...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631642 Jun 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, maim, damage, injure, defeat, destroy, kill, the definitions I provided
You're a damned liar.

NONE of your definitions had "kill" in it.

Now concede.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631643 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteorologist's predictions are usually pretty damn close.
Check, you'll see.
LOL!!! Uh....no.....not here in Florida.

There are two sayings about Florida weather:

1. If you don't like the weather, cross to the other side of the street.

2. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.

And here in Florida, the meteorologists predictions are very often much more wrong than right and rarely is it the reverse.

That has not only been the case with normal weather, but even with HURRICANES which are INCREDIBLY UNPREDICTABLE.

Don't believe me?

Here's just ONE instance of many in which the forecasters were wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was very strongly predicted that Hurricane Floyd in 1999 was going to make a direct hit on the east coast of Florida.

So much so, that pretty much everyone was sent home early from work that day, we were all told to make hurricane preparations because we were told we were gonna get SLAMMED.

And this was on the actual DAY that Floyd struck.

But we didn't get so much as a severe thunderstorm since at the last minute, Floyd changed course.

And that is NOT the only time that has happened.

Weather forecasters are SO often left with egg on their faces due to INCORRECT and INACCURATE predictions.

I've often joked with people that it's a GREAT job since you can be WRONG and make mistakes and not get fired for it.

Why? Because essentially, weather is UNPREDICTABLE.

#631644 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You left out all definitions, though clearly the concept
originally was primarily as a weapon to can't make such a broad sweeping statement covering design/intent/purpose.
That makes a club something to bash other apes in the head with.
Despite we having golf clubs and baseball bats.
This definition is more suitable for today's world.
"2. Any portable firearm, as a rifle, shotgun, or revolver."
And this puts the intent in the mind of the owner.
(Self-defense, hunting, target shooting, competitions, collecting,
investment, decoration etc.)
Yes that’s why I deliberately left the numbers provided by the dictionaries as well as providing the links to allow anyone to investigate further.

No 1 in all enteries indicates the gun as a weapon

Funnily enough clubs are mentioned as a weapon somewhere in that lot. However the design of golf clubs does not include the ability to kill, that does not mean they cannot be used for such a purpose.

And baseball bats are the weapon of choice (when guns are not available) among the gangland sets in the UK

Guns on the other hand are primarily designed as a weapon of war. The owner does not necessarily use it as a weapon though. That in no way changes the design trail

#631646 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How not to use a period?
<quoted text>
Why?
<quoted text>
First you say the formation of leaves, which I take as leaves growing on trees, now you change it to the molecular formation.... O_o
<quoted text>
I understand it, I don't need to call the "centre".
<quoted text>
So..... Are you talking about chaos or chaos theory? There IS a difference.
Sorry, after you horrendous grammar fopar highlighted by OCB you complain about me missing a full stop, or perhaps it was precisely for that reason.

Because it is

Please advise what leaves are made of, last I heard it was molecules

You understand yet you deny?

Both, they are linked.

-

Time to go, bye

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631647 Jun 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally wrong. Doesn't say anything like that.
Really?

"Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

"So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."

So are you claiming that it took your god MILLIONS of years or even THOUSANDS of years or even HUNDREDS of years to make Adam out of dust and Eve out of a rib?

If so, show me where that is stated.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#631649 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Overall, there were an estimated 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles in the United States according to a 2007 DOT study."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicl...
And it's pathetic that you equate DEATHS with KILLINGS.
DYING in a car crash in no way is synonymous to being KILLED with a gun.
Based on consolidated information from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, there are about 310 million guns in the United States.

So there are many more guns but guns deaths are small compared to car deaths.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631650 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! Uh....no.....not here in Florida.
There are two sayings about Florida weather:
1. If you don't like the weather, cross to the other side of the street.
2. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.
And here in Florida, the meteorologists predictions are very often much more wrong than right and rarely is it the reverse.
That has not only been the case with normal weather, but even with HURRICANES which are INCREDIBLY UNPREDICTABLE.
Don't believe me?
Here's just ONE instance of many in which the forecasters were wrong, wrong, wrong.
It was very strongly predicted that Hurricane Floyd in 1999 was going to make a direct hit on the east coast of Florida.
So much so, that pretty much everyone was sent home early from work that day, we were all told to make hurricane preparations because we were told we were gonna get SLAMMED.
And this was on the actual DAY that Floyd struck.
But we didn't get so much as a severe thunderstorm since at the last minute, Floyd changed course.
And that is NOT the only time that has happened.
Weather forecasters are SO often left with egg on their faces due to INCORRECT and INACCURATE predictions.
I've often joked with people that it's a GREAT job since you can be WRONG and make mistakes and not get fired for it.
Why? Because essentially, weather is UNPREDICTABLE.
Hurricanes are unpredictable?!

O_o

"Here comes Hurricane So-and-So, you've got five days to evacuate!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631651 Jun 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, after you horrendous grammar fopar highlighted by OCB you complain about me missing a full stop, or perhaps it was precisely for that reason.
Because it is
Please advise what leaves are made of, last I heard it was molecules
You understand yet you deny?
Both, they are linked.
-
Time to go, bye
Times up?

You need a new internet cafe in your village.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631653 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate faith?!
O_o
Please, explain how one could demonstrate faith....
Considering you can't demonstrate love, THIS outta be good...
How about YOU demonstrate that you can admit when you are wrong and talking out of your arse?

You said 62 million cars- how STUPID considering that 76% of the US population are ADULTS.

With a total US population of about 314 million people, that works out to an adult population of about 238 million.

So you tried to claim that out of 238 million adults, only about 25% own cars???

IDIOT.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#631654 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there proof that persecution complexes and paranoid delusions cause that? Gain real world experience before using psychology to judge people.
Um .... are you just trolling?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#631655 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your god is not part of nature, you still need the evidence to prove it exists, and thus, you only get to choose nature or your god.
Exactly, there is nothing that we have observed that is beyond the physical laws that govern it. Every single unit of matter and energy that we can observe is bound by laws, all throughout the universe.

You somehow see this as a lack of evidence, but I would actually find a consistent observable breach of law as evidence of at best, a struggling imperfect God, at worst no God at all.

If you ever check out panentheism, then God, being the Creator of of everything, would constitute or at the very least permeate everything and more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,890
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 5 min gundee123 799
News Milwaukee Riots After Police Shoot Black Suspec... 6 min Rider on the Storm 162
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Annaleigh 106,495
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 653,966
dihydrocodeine Can you buy online. ?? (Jan '14) 10 min James 28
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min bad reality 45,234
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 281,863
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web