Prove there's a god.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#631644 Jun 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You left out all definitions, though clearly the concept
originally was primarily as a weapon to can't make such a broad sweeping statement covering design/intent/purpose.
That makes a club something to bash other apes in the head with.
Despite we having golf clubs and baseball bats.
This definition is more suitable for today's world.
"2. Any portable firearm, as a rifle, shotgun, or revolver."
And this puts the intent in the mind of the owner.
(Self-defense, hunting, target shooting, competitions, collecting,
investment, decoration etc.)
Yes that’s why I deliberately left the numbers provided by the dictionaries as well as providing the links to allow anyone to investigate further.

No 1 in all enteries indicates the gun as a weapon

Funnily enough clubs are mentioned as a weapon somewhere in that lot. However the design of golf clubs does not include the ability to kill, that does not mean they cannot be used for such a purpose.

And baseball bats are the weapon of choice (when guns are not available) among the gangland sets in the UK

Guns on the other hand are primarily designed as a weapon of war. The owner does not necessarily use it as a weapon though. That in no way changes the design trail

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#631646 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How not to use a period?
<quoted text>
Why?
<quoted text>
First you say the formation of leaves, which I take as leaves growing on trees, now you change it to the molecular formation.... O_o
<quoted text>
I understand it, I don't need to call the "centre".
<quoted text>
So..... Are you talking about chaos or chaos theory? There IS a difference.
Sorry, after you horrendous grammar fopar highlighted by OCB you complain about me missing a full stop, or perhaps it was precisely for that reason.

Because it is

Please advise what leaves are made of, last I heard it was molecules

You understand yet you deny?

Both, they are linked.

-

Time to go, bye

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#631647 Jun 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally wrong. Doesn't say anything like that.
Really?

"Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

"So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."

So are you claiming that it took your god MILLIONS of years or even THOUSANDS of years or even HUNDREDS of years to make Adam out of dust and Eve out of a rib?

If so, show me where that is stated.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#631649 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Overall, there were an estimated 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles in the United States according to a 2007 DOT study."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_vehicl...
And it's pathetic that you equate DEATHS with KILLINGS.
DYING in a car crash in no way is synonymous to being KILLED with a gun.
Based on consolidated information from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, there are about 310 million guns in the United States.

So there are many more guns but guns deaths are small compared to car deaths.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#631650 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! Uh....no.....not here in Florida.
There are two sayings about Florida weather:
1. If you don't like the weather, cross to the other side of the street.
2. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.
And here in Florida, the meteorologists predictions are very often much more wrong than right and rarely is it the reverse.
That has not only been the case with normal weather, but even with HURRICANES which are INCREDIBLY UNPREDICTABLE.
Don't believe me?
Here's just ONE instance of many in which the forecasters were wrong, wrong, wrong.
It was very strongly predicted that Hurricane Floyd in 1999 was going to make a direct hit on the east coast of Florida.
So much so, that pretty much everyone was sent home early from work that day, we were all told to make hurricane preparations because we were told we were gonna get SLAMMED.
And this was on the actual DAY that Floyd struck.
But we didn't get so much as a severe thunderstorm since at the last minute, Floyd changed course.
And that is NOT the only time that has happened.
Weather forecasters are SO often left with egg on their faces due to INCORRECT and INACCURATE predictions.
I've often joked with people that it's a GREAT job since you can be WRONG and make mistakes and not get fired for it.
Why? Because essentially, weather is UNPREDICTABLE.
Hurricanes are unpredictable?!

O_o

"Here comes Hurricane So-and-So, you've got five days to evacuate!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631651 Jun 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, after you horrendous grammar fopar highlighted by OCB you complain about me missing a full stop, or perhaps it was precisely for that reason.
Because it is
Please advise what leaves are made of, last I heard it was molecules
You understand yet you deny?
Both, they are linked.
-
Time to go, bye
Times up?

You need a new internet cafe in your village.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631653 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonstrate faith?!
O_o
Please, explain how one could demonstrate faith....
Considering you can't demonstrate love, THIS outta be good...
How about YOU demonstrate that you can admit when you are wrong and talking out of your arse?

You said 62 million cars- how STUPID considering that 76% of the US population are ADULTS.

With a total US population of about 314 million people, that works out to an adult population of about 238 million.

So you tried to claim that out of 238 million adults, only about 25% own cars???

IDIOT.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#631654 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there proof that persecution complexes and paranoid delusions cause that? Gain real world experience before using psychology to judge people.
Um .... are you just trolling?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#631655 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your god is not part of nature, you still need the evidence to prove it exists, and thus, you only get to choose nature or your god.
Exactly, there is nothing that we have observed that is beyond the physical laws that govern it. Every single unit of matter and energy that we can observe is bound by laws, all throughout the universe.

You somehow see this as a lack of evidence, but I would actually find a consistent observable breach of law as evidence of at best, a struggling imperfect God, at worst no God at all.

If you ever check out panentheism, then God, being the Creator of of everything, would constitute or at the very least permeate everything and more.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#631656 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature is testable.
And real.
Exactly, so again, why do you put God on one side, and nature on the other?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631657 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a damned liar.
NONE of your definitions had "kill" in it.
Now concede.
You're a damned liar.

You said only 62 million cars in the USA. That is a LIE.

Now concede.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631658 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um .... are you just trolling?
That that is so obvious I will assume your question was rhetorical.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631659 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Times up?
You need a new internet cafe in your village.
Gee- maybe she has a LIFE outside of Topix, a notion that I realize is totally foreign to you.

Do you also think that I need a new internet cafe when I am not here?

Nope. I'm off LIVING life- part of that being doing the JOB I am paid for.

And when my work is all caught up, there is STILL work I can do in order to feel good about myself that I actually EARN the money I am paid.

Unlike YOU, that is........

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#631660 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
"Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
"So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."
So are you claiming that it took your god MILLIONS of years or even THOUSANDS of years or even HUNDREDS of years to make Adam out of dust and Eve out of a rib?
If so, show me where that is stated.
You made the claim it was done in a minute.

Dust of the ground. Formed from components of the earth. All that was said.

The breath of life. The process causing animation.

Deep sleep. A long process. Why not a poof if he made the first in a minute?

Those were metaphors for the masses, not textbook.

As it is, you will have a very hard time getting one of these modern scientists to give you a detailed blow by blow account of how things got assembled via abiogenesis. Just vague references to processes and mathematical probabilities.

Since: Sep 08

La Veta, CO

#631661 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!! Uh....no.....not here in Florida.
There are two sayings about Florida weather:
1. If you don't like the weather, cross to the other side of the street.
2. If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes.
And here in Florida, the meteorologists predictions are very often much more wrong than right and rarely is it the reverse.
That has not only been the case with normal weather, but even with HURRICANES which are INCREDIBLY UNPREDICTABLE.
Don't believe me?
Here's just ONE instance of many in which the forecasters were wrong, wrong, wrong.
It was very strongly predicted that Hurricane Floyd in 1999 was going to make a direct hit on the east coast of Florida.
So much so, that pretty much everyone was sent home early from work that day, we were all told to make hurricane preparations because we were told we were gonna get SLAMMED.
And this was on the actual DAY that Floyd struck.
But we didn't get so much as a severe thunderstorm since at the last minute, Floyd changed course.
And that is NOT the only time that has happened.
Weather forecasters are SO often left with egg on their faces due to INCORRECT and INACCURATE predictions.
I've often joked with people that it's a GREAT job since you can be WRONG and make mistakes and not get fired for it.
Why? Because essentially, weather is UNPREDICTABLE.
The only thing unpredictable about it is a lack of info of the total weather system and variables to make up the prediction. Weather follows the laws of physics.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#631666 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple.
Demonstrate proof that I don't believe in Jesus, as you claim.
Those are parameters, and if you think it is, then your parameters are vague and general.

Your posts show you don't believe in all of his teachings - which qualifies.

Are there more stringent parameters?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#631667 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where are the following requirements for a theory:
1. Evidence suggesting it.
2. Tests confirming the evidence is not fraudulent.
3. Demonstrable methods, mechanisms, and beneficial formulas.
4. Beneficial understanding of how the universe works.
These qualify as parameters.

RR - you are paying attention, right?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631668 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurricanes are unpredictable?!
O_o
"Here comes Hurricane So-and-So, you've got five days to evacuate!"
BTW, that's one of the reasons hurricanes can be so dangerous- because they are UNPREDICTABLE.

I can't BELIEVE what a MORON you are.

Just because a hurricane is brewing and they order evacuations does NOT guarantee that their prediction is correct.

The hurricane predictions are very often INCORRECT per my post to you prior to this one.

You are IGNORANT about hurricanes (as you are about so much else) and there have been NUMEROUS times that here in Florida the "predictors" threw the entire state into a panic with water flying off the shelves, stores running out of plywood, etc. only to have the "predicted" storm fizzle out to nothing or else totally change course and often at the very last second.

You are DUMB.

"HURRICANE CHARLEY ABRUPTLY, UNEXPECTEDLY CHANGED COURSE, STRIKING PUNTA GORDA AREA.

Hurricane Charley made landfall at Punta Gorda, Florida on August 13th around 20:00Z.

*****The sudden increase in intensity, and "hard right turn" made Charley difficult to forecast accurately,***** and provides datasets for research into the cause of such an intensification and change of direction. This document provides the reader access to ancillary data and imagery, as well access to raw data and a client to display this data. This compound document is designed to illustrate the power of publishing via this format, and how it allows the "reader" of the document to further the analysis, see the data as the publisher saw it, and bring in other internal or external datasets to enhance the research and analysis of the event.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/...

So now try to argue this with me some more, RR.

But first, "concede" that you LIED when you said there are only 62 million cars in the US.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631670 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>How about YOU demonstrate that you can admit when you are wrong and talking out of your arse?
You said 62 million cars- how STUPID considering that 76% of the US population are ADULTS.
With a total US population of about 314 million people, that works out to an adult population of about 238 million.
So you tried to claim that out of 238 million adults, only about 25% own cars???
IDIOT.
Ya, I was way off on that one....

But don't change up here, tell me HOW one can demonstrate faith.

Go.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631671 Jun 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing unpredictable about it is a lack of info of the total weather system and variables to make up the prediction. Weather follows the laws of physics.
Wrong to your first sentence, not gonna waste time on your second sentence.

And you're annoying. So I don't think I'll post to you again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homeowners lose Katrina insurance flood case (Aug '06) 4 min DBullock 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min truth 665,632
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min crucifiedguy 284,739
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 33 min It aint necessari... 723
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,820
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 2 hr crucifiedguy 62
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 hr str8hairymarried 85
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr truth 88,545
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr River Tam 313
More from around the web