Prove there's a god.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#631698 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>*siiiigh*

Then answer the question...

How did all that life happen to come to be?
You don't know.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#631699 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I could just as easily use the bat behind my door to stop or kill an intruder. Does that now make the bat "designed to kill"?
A bat is designed to hit a baseball.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#631700 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
A bat is designed to hit a baseball.
Good luck with this one since RR will NEVER, EVER admit the simple FACT that guns are designed to kill.

THAT should be the FIRST question people are asked who are looking to purchase a gun; the gun seller should be required by law to ask the person if they know what the ultimate purpose of guns is.

If the prospective buyer can't or won't respond with "to kill", said gun purveyor should show them the door and then ring up "NO SALE".

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#631701 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That's very true, car related deaths are over three times that of gun related deaths.

And I agree, I f guns kill people, then a pencil misspells words.
Guns make it easier to kill people.

Assault type guns make it easy to kill LOTS of people.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#631702 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And you're a f*cking LIAR.
Where did I say "impossible" to predict???
I SAID "unpredictable". THAT does NOT equal "IMPOSSIBLE to predict".
And after all, ANYTHING is possible.
Of course, that is a PHILOSOPHICAL statement and since you know NOTHING about philosophy, I don't expect you to understand the import of that statement or what it means.
At any rate, hurricanes are VERY, VERY often UNPREDICTABLE.
That is one of the MAIN reasons why hurricanes can be so dangerous- the FACT that they are often very unpredictable and that an accurate prediction of their course is VERY difficult to PREDICT.
I beg to differ, not all weather is natural.

I would argue that some hurricanes are, in fact sometimes easily predicted. Especially when that particular phenomena is generated by man-made machinations.

Now, for those who are not 'in the know' it may seem as if a hurricane is an unpredictable force, I don't argue that.

However, I would like to introduce you to a topic and this video does a good job of providing you with a comprehensive understanding of how weather modification is achieved. I didn't make the video, so take it for what it is worth. I only wish to impart a morel of information to those who will listen.

Enjoy:

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#631703 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree; however, guns are limited. What you ought to be 'up in arms' about is the chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.

How easy is it to murder folks with those? Be sure to consider the effect on the Earth, atmosphere, and genetics of all living things that are in contact with them.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631704 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I've been telling RR and the other gun people here- that NOTHING has the IMMEDIACY of killing as a GUN does.

If any of them had any common sense, they would realize that is why GUNS are the weapon of choice to use when killing.

Their entire argument is that pretty much ANYTHING can be used to kill someone. While that is true enough, there is a reason why more SHOE LACES aren't used to kill people.

It just isn't as easy to use shoe laces, ice picks, axes, knives, bats, hammers, screwdrivers, etc. to kill people. They lack the immediacy of guns.

And their tired argument that more people are killed by cars than guns is a stupid attempt to try and compare apples to oranges.

True enough that many more people are killed in car crashes than are killed by guns, but those crashes do not take place with the INTENT to kill while the use of guns does.

Even those convicted of vehicular manslaughter- as in the case of drunk drivers-they did not set out with malice or aforethought with the intent to kill.

The vast majority of those who use guns to kill cannot say the same.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631705 Jun 21, 2013
6Kwisatz6Haderach6 wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ, not all weather is natural.
I would argue that some hurricanes are, in fact sometimes easily predicted. Especially when that particular phenomena is generated by man-made machinations.
Now, for those who are not 'in the know' it may seem as if a hurricane is an unpredictable force, I don't argue that.
However, I would like to introduce you to a topic and this video does a good job of providing you with a comprehensive understanding of how weather modification is achieved. I didn't make the video, so take it for what it is worth. I only wish to impart a morel of information to those who will listen.
Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cVnpoOauU00XX
You're begging to differ with me over something I never said.

I never said "all weather is natural".

Thanks.

And thanks for imparting a mushroom of information to me, since that's what a morel is.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631706 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree; however, guns are limited. What you ought to be 'up in arms' about is the chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons.
How easy is it to murder folks with those? Be sure to consider the effect on the Earth, atmosphere, and genetics of all living things that are in contact with them.
True enough and what makes you think people aren't "up in arms" about the other weapons designed to kill which you mentioned?

But we're not talking about those types of weapons.

We're talking about ordinary citizens walking around with guns and shooting and killing other ordinary citizens.

And because of that, that is why what was intended in the second Amendment has been so badly twisted and corrupted.

BTW, while I am anti-war, for legal purposes, killing in war is not classified as "murder".

Murder is illegal; killing in war is not.

And an ordinary person shooting another ordinary person all too often is illegal in that in most cases, such shootings are rightly classified as "murder".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#631707 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see that post.
Convenient.
Where did you admit that you were wrong when you stated there are only 62 million cars in the USA?
A page or two ago, I wrote something like "Ya, I really goofed that one up".
And if you could be wrong/lie about something that is so easily disproven, why should your word be taken about ANYTHING you say here?
Christine flat-out lied when she said her definitions of gun included the word "kill", they did not.

I don't see you jumping her case for lying.

Imagine that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631708 Jun 21, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. I remember you saying you have been to California, when I asked how you knew all Californians were like that.
You remember weird.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631709 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Another problem with guns and the immediacy they afford is that in the heat of the moment, in a fit of rage and temper it takes no time at all to point a gun at someone, aim and pull the trigger.

It takes a LOT more time to kill someone with a bat, or an ice pick or even a knife.

If nothing else, using the above items as weapons requires that you are very close- as in right up in the face of the intended victim.

Guns don't require that you be anywhere near as close to your intended victim and in addition, the time it takes to kill someone with a bat, etc. might just be enough time for the assailant to cool off a bit and afford them the time to THINK about what they are trying to do.

That "luxury" is not there when someone is so enraged and has a gun in their hand.

Could Adam Lanza have killed 27 people with a bat, ice pick or knife?

NO.

Could Colin Ferguson have killed 6 people and injured 19 more people on a commuter train with a bat, ice pick or knife?

NO.

Could James Holmes have killed 12 people and injured 58 more people in a movie theater if his weapon of choice had been a bat, ice pick or knife?

NO.

It is only common sense that one needs to realize why guns are much more often than not the weapon of choice when one is intent on killing others.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631710 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I am NOT Christine. And must I remind you of that yet AGAIN, RR?
Or should I simply spell it out?
You're a royal AHOLE.
Feck off.
You KNOW I am not Christine. You KNOW that.
So why are you jumping on the bandwagon of that psychopath Nano?
Really- what the F*CK is WRONG with you??????????
I KNOW you're not Christine.

It's a friggin joke.

Chill out.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631711 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And you're a f*cking LIAR.
Where did I say "impossible" to predict???
I SAID "unpredictable". THAT does NOT equal "IMPOSSIBLE to predict".
And after all, ANYTHING is possible.
Of course, that is a PHILOSOPHICAL statement and since you know NOTHING about philosophy, I don't expect you to understand the import of that statement or what it means.
At any rate, hurricanes are VERY, VERY often UNPREDICTABLE.
That is one of the MAIN reasons why hurricanes can be so dangerous- the FACT that they are often very unpredictable and that an accurate prediction of their course is VERY difficult to PREDICT.
Unpredictable;

adjective
1. not predictable; not to be foreseen or foretold: an unpredictable occurrence.

"NOT" predictable.

Hurricanes ARE predictable, they are all the time. You even get a several day warning BECAUSE they were predicted....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631712 Jun 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- you were way off on that one because you don't possess a lick of common sense which if you did, you would have KNOWN how STUPID it was of you to claim there are only 62 million cars in the USA.
Try THINKING. Once you master that- IF you ever do, then try THINKING BEFORE you open that moronic gaping maw of yours.
And not just about this, but about your totally moronic, unfounded and baseless and FALSE accusations that Christine and I are one and the same.
That you are trying to claim Christine and I are the same person is just further DEMONSTRATION of you not having a lick of common sense or the ability to use the brain you (supposedly) were BORN with.
IDIOT.
Either way, there are more guns in the US than there are cars.

But there are 3X the deaths caused by cars than guns.

Imagine that.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631713 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW you're not Christine.
It's a friggin joke.
Chill out.
But your pal Nano truly thinks Christine and I are one and the same.

Hey- if it floats your boat to add fuel to Nano's "fire", go for it though I would prefer you didn't.

WhatEVER.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631714 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unpredictable;
adjective
1. not predictable; not to be foreseen or foretold: an unpredictable occurrence.
"NOT" predictable.
Hurricanes ARE predictable, they are all the time. You even get a several day warning BECAUSE they were predicted....
And the warnings are often GARBAGE when said hurricane changes course or fizzles out.

Listen, I live in FLORIDA and I think I know a bit more about hurricanes and their predictability than you do, RR.

The POINT is- and per the MANY links I provided for you- hurricanes are very often unpredictable in terms of where they will strike, when they will strike, how strongly they will strike and even IF they will strike.

But I'll "concede" a bit by saying that while hurricanes themselves may not be unpredictable, their COURSE and all I stated above very often IS unpredictable- or at best, is very often INACCURATELY predicted.

Hey- I can "predict" that I'm gonna win the lottery. My prediction becomes nothing more than a guess if I do NOT win the lottery.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631715 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because nobody knows.
Not even you.
Talk to Aura, pinky. He think we do know

I asked anyone to answer the question about where did life come from, Aura said "indeed has been answered"....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#631716 Jun 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know.
Derp.

That's why I asked the question....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#631717 Jun 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, there are more guns in the US than there are cars.
But there are 3X the deaths caused by cars than guns.
Imagine that.
And the deaths caused by cars are not WILLFUL killings with the intent of the driver being to kill.

The same can NOT be said of those who point guns at other people.

And again, a "death" is NOT synonymous with a "killing" nor is a "death" synonymous with "murder".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min USAsince1680 87,124
emergency:. don't touch any thing! 21 min Infinite Force 3
The tax bill's loopholes for the wealthy benefi... (Dec '17) 21 min Fhrung Choc Fu Chu 9
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 30 min Walter 199
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 703,504
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 3