|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you believe that the common ancestor is real. Even though there's zero evidence for that...
And why are you so stuck on the Dark Ages? Christianity was around long before then.
Plenty of evidence of common ancestors, there's no trace of the LUCA though.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT self-masturbation goof?
LIAR.
Get a grip- on something other than whatever the hell is between your legs.
You used that phrase before and I pointed out that it was redundant as the word masturbation means "self manipulation/fondling". It's like saying "self self-manipulation", tard. You have yet to thank me for educating you on proper usage.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Absence of evidence does not equate to evidence of absence.
So how much evidence is required to prove something?

Example:
- there are loads of evidence for a "supernatural/paranormal " world around us, but many refuse to accept the evidence.
- one could also use this same analogy for UFOs.

....if evidence is not valid enough, what exactly is required?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More anti-Americanism?!
1. The CIA disagrees with you. America's #174. Guess who's #1....
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
2. That means there are 60,000,000 kids that aren't hungry. Ever point out the good stuff? No?
3. So what if they don't have health care. Why don't you ask all 45 million of them if they WANT health care...
There would be a lot less hungry "real" American kids if our government wasn't so obsessed with spending so much of our tax dollars feeding, clothing and taking care of all the other desires and needs of illegals and other "donations" to foreign countries.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
More anti-Americanism?! Gosh.
Ever consider that America produces nearly 20% of EVERYTHING made in the entire world?!
No?
~<shocker>~
Yep, none of those countries who badmouth ours ever turns down our government's offer of funds. The mooching, scumbag hypocrites.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Example:
- there are loads of evidence for a "supernatural/paranormal " world around us, but many refuse to accept the evidence.
- one could also use this same analogy for UFOs.
....if evidence is not valid enough, what exactly is required?
Testable, repeatable,tangible,demonstrab le, physical.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, dude. That's gross.
I'd shit easier, that's fo sho!
Maybe.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Rofl! And Nanoanomaly totally misused "we are what we think" proverb. Just because I have sexual desires for underage kids means I would choose to rape them. What I think, my thoughts tell me "I have desires for them", but my thoughts also tell me "I choose not to rape them", stupidity she tries! Rofl!
There's a "proverb"? What kind, Christian or Chinese?
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
If God was not in control of this world, what kind of world would you think it would become?
Your imaginary friend isn't in control of this world. However, your inane delusions are controlling your pitiful life and you should be institutionalized for professional treatment immediately.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Testable, repeatable,tangible,demonstrab le, physical.
Ok. I agree.

How much retesting is required?

What exactly is "tangible"?

If people have demonstrated evidence through video tapes and other scientific equipment - which could be classified as 'physical' evidence - how many times must the evidence be reviewed?

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

...after thought....

"What exactly is "tangible"?"
- to me, it is something that can be seen, or touched, or heard.

Do you have a different explanation?

Intangible is unseen or even "copyrights" or "information on a Patent".

You'll have to add some clarity to your post.

Thanks!
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm sure you believe that the common ancestor is real. Even though there's zero evidence for that...
Brainwashed godbots like you demonstrate their willful ignorance of science with definitively wrong statements and you should be totally ashamed of yourself for being a world class ignoramus. There's "zero evidence" of design, but it doesn't stop cowards like you from wasting their wretched lives in a death-denying hate cult.

Science is based in reality on observation and experimentation. Religion is based on dogma with no basis in reality. Evolution is common sense to ALL rational adults and has been proven beyond any and all reasonable doubt. The fossil and genetic evidence is irrefutable and disputed only by the world's most blissfully ignorant godbots.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

"At the heart of evolutionary theory is the basic idea that life has existed for billions of years and has changed over time.

Overwhelming evidence supports this fact. Scientists continue to argue about details of evolution, but the question of whether life has a long history or not was answered in the affirmative at least two centuries ago.

Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Lots of things change over time: trees lose their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren't examples of biological evolution because they don't involve descent through genetic inheritance.

The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother.

Through the process of descent with modification, the common ancestor of life on Earth gave rise to the fantastic diversity that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we're all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Testable, repeatable,tangible,demonstrab le, physical.
Put on your Goldfishman costume.

Jump into a bowl of water.

Learn how to swim.

Start dissecting your environment and determining how it is put together.

That is all testable and repeatable, demonstrable, etc.

Now, you have this "knowledge" of how it is put together and works.

Now you get down to a logic based upon that to determine how it all came to be.

Necessarily theoretical. You can spend eons speculating but never know.

Look outside the bowl. Maybe you can see something. Maybe you can figure something is sustaining you.

You could break the bowl and see where you wind up.

Big Bang = goldfish bowl.

The most practical method would be following the path of energy that created you. It is patterned. As it is now they dissect and turn each new "particle" into a god instead of doing some simple geometry and applying to follow the source to see where you came from, or to communicate with it. It feels you. You are an extension of it.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Intelligent people realize there is a source for that energy energizing your ass and providing a method for distribution and thus calibration and thus perception of "reality".
Energy energizing your ass? Holy shit!!!

You're not an intelligent person and actual intelligent people don't share your inane personal delusions of grandeur. There's only one reality and religious dogma has no basis in reality.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Plenty of evidence of common ancestors, there's no trace of the LUCA though.
No, not common ancestors, common ancestor. You know, the one first life on earth that is the common ancestor to everything else? The one that ToE hinges on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There would be a lot less hungry "real" American kids if our government wasn't so obsessed with spending so much of our tax dollars feeding, clothing and taking care of all the other desires and needs of illegals and other "donations" to foreign countries.
Ya, and there'd also be a lot less hungry kids if broke dicks stopped having kids.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed godbots like you demonstrate their willful ignorance of science with definitively wrong statements and you should be totally ashamed of yourself for being a world class ignoramus. There's "zero evidence" of design, but it doesn't stop cowards like you from wasting their wretched lives in a death-denying hate cult.
Science is based in reality on observation and experimentation. Religion is based on dogma with no basis in reality. Evolution is common sense to ALL rational adults and has been proven beyond any and all reasonable doubt. The fossil and genetic evidence is irrefutable and disputed only by the world's most blissfully ignorant godbots.
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...
"At the heart of evolutionary theory is the basic idea that life has existed for billions of years and has changed over time.
Overwhelming evidence supports this fact. Scientists continue to argue about details of evolution, but the question of whether life has a long history or not was answered in the affirmative at least two centuries ago.
Biological evolution is not simply a matter of change over time. Lots of things change over time: trees lose their leaves, mountain ranges rise and erode, but they aren't examples of biological evolution because they don't involve descent through genetic inheritance.
The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor, just as you and your cousins share a common grandmother.
Through the process of descent with modification, the common ancestor of life on Earth gave rise to the fantastic diversity that we see documented in the fossil record and around us today. Evolution means that we're all distant cousins: humans and oak trees, hummingbirds and whales."
Boy, that was a long-winded, bullshit post just to say that you don't know.

The geniuses at Berkeley don't even know, but that don't stop them from writing it...

"Biological evolution, simply put, is descent with modification...the descent of different species from a common ancestor over many generations"

Ok, great.

Where's the evidence for the supposed FIRST common ancestor?

And don't get it to any abiogenesis crap, I'm not asking how, just where is the evidence that it even existed...

Go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. I agree.
How much retesting is required?
What exactly is "tangible"?
If people have demonstrated evidence through video tapes and other scientific equipment - which could be classified as 'physical' evidence - how many times must the evidence be reviewed?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tangib...

Reviewed or do you mean substantiated? Because there are tricksters and liars. That's why science requires me to be able to repeat the test showing the positive result in Australia or Canada no matter who performs it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not common ancestors, common ancestor. You know, the one first life on earth that is the common ancestor to everything else? The one that ToE hinges on?

That is the LUCA, or Last Universal Common Ancestor, The problem is it may have been 3 or even 4 things that shared so Darwin would have been incorrect if it turns out the LUCA was a gene pool shared by all biota . Which is the direction we are leaning ATM. But whether or not the LUCA can ever be identified or not wont change common ancestry, which our DNA proves beyond doubt. But we cant rule out that DNA wasn't contrived , but as elusive as the LUCA any evidence is simply irretrievable from 3.5 billion years ago to know for sure what caused life. Though it's looking like a process that will happen in the right conditions. The conditions seem to be rare, and for now we seem to be alone in the universe, CREATOR included, so if there IS a creator, where is it?
Belief wont do, hard evidence will...feel free to provide such.
But until then, we can only think, the process was something that would happen much like the universe. The same reason there is something , instead of nothing...is because there was the potential. That is all that can be known for sure ATM.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I don't think his animosity toward Canada is racist based- RR simply has a problem with any nationality that isn't American.
But he is a xenophobe and he is an American chauvinist.
I guess he thinks the god he believes in favors the USA and its citizens and at the expense of other countries.
<shrug>
It's fake patriotism, the US had done a pretty good job of instilling fake patriotism into many of it's citizens for many decades, only recently have we started pushing to end such practices. But it takes time to undo indoctrination, and many who were indoctrinated are still alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

390 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min The Awakener 1,598
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min shyam 4,908
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 10 min DescreteEuroWhitey 429
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min Student 38,483
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min Mandela 115,598
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 43 min andet1987 3,993
Last Word + 2 46 min andet1987 290
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr guest 533,566
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 256,962
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr nightgown 123
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr reree 86
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••