|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>Einstein would say that you are nuts, because proof is not an element in science. The question is, can science disprove the existence of God. That answer is "No". That proves the fallibility of scientists.
The answer is yes

http://www.jcnot4me.com/Items/evangelical_ath...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, Thanks! I hope to go see it in the next couple of weeks. I don't like going with that many people on opening weekend.
I usually don't, either. But big movies like Superman, Star Trek, LOTR, Star Wars, etc I really must see with the big crowds. I feel it makes the movie that much better, we all laugh, cry, gasp, etc all at the same time.

Last night, the cried actually applauded Superman....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>it will be part of Father's Day events. No, the Blu-Ray will be acquired too. I bet this will be the most profitable Superman production too.
I hope so. I've always been a superman fan, he's my fav super hero. I thought it was over after Superman Returns. That flic sucked.

Lol, Carlos Mencia said it should've been called "Superman Returns Gay"...

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A prescription antacid.
I would recommend a "strong laxative" for ya!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is yes
http://www.jcnot4me.com/Items/evangelical_ath...
HA HA HA ahahaha!!!

Before any of that nonsense can be considered, one would first have to be able to show evidence that God does have unlimited energy and power AND that He's limited by what we call the Laws of Physics.

Go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly what it is, no drugs are never the answer, hate to break that to you. It is called "sleep paralysis" and that is also a breathing condition and a CPAP cures that. By the way, it is called RAM sleep.
I agree with you, nuts its actually called REM sleep. Rapid Eye Movement.

RAM is Random Access Memory, in compooters.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/14/supe...

Really now?

I can just see the billions of Topix atheists protesting and boycotting movie theaters. They may even march on Hollywood, those traitors.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/ 2013/06/14/superman-coming-to- a-church-near-you/?hpt=hp_c2
Really now?
I can just see the billions of Topix atheists protesting and boycotting movie theaters. They may even march on Hollywood, those traitors.
Pickett sign says....
We wanna see the movie Dave did!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>The problem which Einstein understood, and you must not, is that evidence is flawed and subjective. Since God is not disprovable simply means that scientist are flawed and incapable, since science observes the natural and physical and nothing beyond. Scientists even admit that quantum mechanisms is basically beyond science. To scientists, God is like the micro organisms were prior to the invention of the microscope. Now scientists use microscopes, and the ones who wish to observe God use the Bible scope. It is all about having the proper tools.
Exactly. Science is only a tool, and a tool is limited. Science can only examine the laws, it doesn't make them.

What is your thoughts on Einstein's equation, E=mc2? You seem to be familar with his work.

Do you see any flaws with it? Besides how he was credited with it.

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't there be a comma after "punctuation correctly"?
Is there a grammar policeperson in the house?
I am here.

No comma required.

Catcher out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am here.
No comma required.
Catcher out.
I seem to remember your comma usage, or lack of, got you tossed off the force some time back.

You better run.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, there are major flaws. He would have told us the same thing. Any unit of measurement is always flawed by the confines of it's own abilities. E=mc2 makes the flawed assumption that there must be mass in order for us to have energy. Okay, then where would the energy come from prior to the evolving of mass. I don't want to correct you needlessly, because I get your point. But, science is what we observe, there are fields of science with scientists within them. This is a major problem because atheists and some scientists try to take ownership of science and pit it as evidence against God's existence. In fact, they need to first prove that God did not create science and all the applicable laws which they observe and study.
Thanks.

I have been doing some reading about it, and what you state is one of the disputes/debates that come up reguarly on it.

I am no scientist by any means, just curious. I have seen alot of debate about it, atheist for the most part trying to use it to disprove God.

I agree, they have a bias and their personal belief i think plays a major role in how they interpret their findings. IMO

Oh,, and now you guys got me wanting to go see the super man movie now...lol

Thanks again...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>Well, historically, homosexuality was just another avenue of prostitution, young guys seeking old guys with money and old guys willing to pay.
Precisely. A fast path to wealth, favor, and good times. That is why the Romans finally outlawed it, and even imposed the death penalty for it. It was wrecking their macho culture. This was done before Christianity took control. They always executed soldiers who prostituted themselves.
Just me

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, well just to be blunt about it. It would be safe to say, that you never really got to "know" (borned again by the Spirit) God on a personaly level. Meaning you never truly repented and was converted.
How can one "be" a Christian, and "never" read their Bible to begine with? And as you say, just go along with what the preacher/mom or dad says.
That of it self should tell you something right?
The biggest thing was that I went to church from the time I was small until I was about 19, and I had read parts of my bible, but not all of it. I've found that there are many many people who have only read parts of the bible, but have never actually read all the way through. I was "saved" when I was 10 and yes I had truly repented and was in full faith, and carried that, like I said, until a couple of years ago when my mom passed.

I had questioned different things throughout the years, but when you are a church goer, and you have a church family, I usually got the same response to most things...."you have to have faith that Jesus/God will provide." Unfortunately that is not how it usually happens. I've put my faith in god many times, and many times god did not provide, and almost every time the response from my church family was that it just wasn't god's plan. Aside from all of this, it's just not something that I can put my faith in any longer. The way I live my life now is simply based on morals, and treating people the way that I would want to be treated. Beyond that it's in my opinion that no one really knows what is going to happen when we die, and we won't know until after it happens.
Plop Plop Fizz Fizz

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>There are many such things like that out there.
Such as this.
'According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist... What do you say to that, son?'
'Nothing,' the student replies..'I only have my faith.'
'You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something; it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?'
The professor begins to smile at the student in front of him. This will be a good semester.'So what point are you making, young man?'
'Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with, and so your conclusion must also be flawed.'
The professor's face cannot hide his surprise this time.'Flawed? Can you explain how?'
'You are working on the premise of duality,' the student explains..'You argue that there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but it has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, just the absence of it.'
'Now tell me, professor.. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?'
'If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do.'
'Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?'
The professor begins to shake his head, still smiling, as he realizes where the argument is going. A very good semester, indeed.
'Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a preacher?'
The class is in uproar. The student remains silent until the commotion has subsided.'To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, let me give you an example of what I mean.' The student looks around the room.'Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the professor's brain?' The class breaks out into laughter.'Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain, felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, with all due respect, sir.''So if science says you have no brain, how can we trust your lectures, sir?'
'Now, you accept that there with life,' the student continues.'Now, sir, is there such a thing as evil?' Now uncertain, the professor responds,'Of course, there is. We see it every day. It is in the daily example of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.'
To this the student replied,'Evil does not exist sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light.'
The professor sat down.
PS: the student was Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein wrote a book titled God vs. Science in 1921...
Nice dodge, forwarding this false story and leaving yourself a back door to pretend you didn't mean it as truth.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp
Plop Plop Fizz Fizz

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>The answer is no and I do not follow links based on idiocy. So, no thanks.
Yet you're a theist. Thank you for supplying me with a USDA RDA of irony.
Just me

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course, there are major flaws. He would have told us the same thing. Any unit of measurement is always flawed by the confines of it's own abilities. E=mc2 makes the flawed assumption that there must be mass in order for us to have energy. Okay, then where would the energy come from prior to the evolving of mass. I don't want to correct you needlessly, because I get your point. But, science is what we observe, there are fields of science with scientists within them. This is a major problem because atheists and some scientists try to take ownership of science and pit it as evidence against God's existence. In fact, they need to first prove that God did not create science and all the applicable laws which they observe and study.
How would one go about proving that God didn't invent science? Furthermore, How would one go about proving that God did invent science??
Plop Plop Fizz Fizz

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Doctor Jordan wrote:
<quoted text> In fact, they need to first prove that God did not create science and all the applicable laws which they observe and study.
In fact, no, your logic is flawed and fallacious.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so take the cops gun, but not the bad guy's.
Now the bad guys can shoot and kill cops with no fear of retaliation.
Good thing there's a camera!
So the cop has legal rights to hurt someone?
They are responsible for their actions too.
Put them in jail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Just me wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest thing was that I went to church from the time I was small until I was about 19, and I had read parts of my bible, but not all of it. I've found that there are many many people who have only read parts of the bible, but have never actually read all the way through. I was "saved" when I was 10 and yes I had truly repented and was in full faith, and carried that, like I said, until a couple of years ago when my mom passed.
I had questioned different things throughout the years, but when you are a church goer, and you have a church family, I usually got the same response to most things...."you have to have faith that Jesus/God will provide." Unfortunately that is not how it usually happens. I've put my faith in god many times, and many times god did not provide, and almost every time the response from my church family was that it just wasn't god's plan. Aside from all of this, it's just not something that I can put my faith in any longer. The way I live my life now is simply based on morals, and treating people the way that I would want to be treated. Beyond that it's in my opinion that no one really knows what is going to happen when we die, and we won't know until after it happens.
It appears that what soured you the most was you paying a dollar and not getting anything in return, like at the candy store. You were using your faith as a currency for purchases. This is an understandable and common occurrence when religion is taught by rote. It takes personal experiences inside you to fully understand the messages in those words. The exact same thing happens in the secular and academic worlds. Expecting results for mouthing the right words within an artificial system.

The religious experience boils down to one thing, resignation to fate. You aren't in control and you finally figure that out on your own. Your expectations are exchanged for appreciating you can even exist. You will be amazed at what doors CAN open once you do that.

Or something on that order.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 598,421 - 598,440 of719,925
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

388 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 223,982
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 min seriously the original 5,206
no strings sex in margate (Nov '10) 20 min johan 44
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Pegasus 256,342
I Like Big Butts 37 min Sir Mixalot 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min Chess 532,265
38pc of Americans doubt Barack Obama was born i... 39 min caesar- 13
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr shyam 4,447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••