Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#628121 Jun 4, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever had any luck yet, in finding me an animal that can tell me what the color blue smells like??
Communication would be your biggest obstacle...

http://opfocus.org/index.php...

...but I'm sure the Fairy penguin would love to tell you what his blue, photonic structures smelled and tasted like after he preened himself. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Doolittle, would it?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#628122 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex drive is controlled by a collection of genes, thus yes, there is a "gay gene," otherwise the majority of species would not have survived.
No gay gene according to scientist...

In The Quarterly Review of Biology, researchers at UC Santa Barbara and Uppsala University in Sweden have concluded through their research that sexual orientation can be decided through epi-marks, which are temporary switches in a fetus’ DNA that exist while in the womb and shortly after birth.

Unlike most genetic switches, they are passed down from the opposite sex parent: Father to Daughter, Mother to Son. Most of these marks aren’t supposed to be passed from generation to generation and they are essentially tossed to the wind. This explains why homosexuality seems to run in families, but without any obvious genetic markers.

Epigenetic markers are “an added layer of information that clings to our DNA,” and regulate the expression of genes according to an external trigger.

i09 puts it best:“Genes are basically the instruction book, while epi-marks direct how those instructions get carried out. For example, they can determine when, where, and how much of a gene gets expressed.”

What’s interesting is that these epi-marks are produced from scratch. They can be passed down from generation to generation, but the process starts from zero every time. They’re actually made to protect the fetus from too much natural variation. When testosterone gets too high, the epi-marks kick in to prevent the baby girl from getting too masculinized, and the inverse is true for boys.

So as a side-effect of that, one of the triggers affecting sexual orientation may kick in as well.

http://sourcefednews.com/theres-no-gay-gene-s...
Expert

Redding, CA

#628123 Jun 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
And the animal told me the color blue smells like ink.
The sort of ink (formerly) used in inkpens.
Schaeffer snorkel had that smell in the plastic cartridge.
Talking to animals again?

Thought you stopped drinking?

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#628124 Jun 4, 2013
Praise be -- "Faith is but gullibility". In my personal end days, be sure I will curse any supernatural entity that I find in my travels. Any disputes with this comment, please reply.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#628125 Jun 4, 2013
Please provide evidence of intelligence, of anyone on this blog, other than Myself (The King)--"The Great Redoran", of course.

When I expire, and do I, incidentally find some "intelligence", be assured I will curse this "critter" with my last breath- As it is most certainly a demon of the first order... Comments?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#628126 Jun 4, 2013
Everyones getting sidetracked from the original topic...

Prove there's a god.

Myself being a spiritual type, not religious, was drawn to this. Not for the sake of argument or drama but the expression of free will. Now don't get me wrong I'm no tree hugger. I was born in the backwoods of TN and learned a lot about Christianity growing up but like some people I do not like to be told something and expected to believe it. So I started reading the bible, dead sea scrolls, Qur'an, Dhammapada, etc... Now admittedly these were all translated to English. What I learned through my own studies "personal studies and opinions thereof" is that its not all about believing in a "God" but doing what you know is right. Obviously different cultures different beliefs. Just be glad you live in this beautiful country where you can start this kind of nonsense for gits and shiggles. In some countries you would be beheaded for disbelief. God is a made up word like human and dog to describe a particular thing. He's there if you believe. If you do not believe then he's not. It's all in the eye of the beholder. But I will say this and someone vaguely stated it earlier, everyone believes in something whether it be a God, cow, Lucifer, the teachings of Buddha or Ghandi, even addictions. Anything that consumes your thoughts all day everyday has supreme value and can be considered a god. It's up to you to decide where you stand.

Definition of GOD

1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as

a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind

2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

3: a person or thing of supreme value

4: a powerful ruler
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#628127 Jun 4, 2013
Lily the Aborter wrote:
<quoted text>
You must live in the backwoods. The movie concessions do use a cash register everywhere I've been. And are you saying that the concessions people are taught to steal customer's money? Big allegation there. Care to prove it? My S-I-L worked at a movie theatre quite a few years ago and she would have told me that the theatre 'taught her to steal'. She would have never worked for a company who did something like that because she has ethics.
I guess you were taught to lie if you make generalized comments like the one above. Who taught you to lie? The movie concessions people? What a joke.
He wanted 13.00. I counted for him, 10.50.
A dollar here and there and no one notices.
They are in a hurry to get back to the movie.
Stealing is stealing.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#628128 Jun 4, 2013
For the cause_BP731 wrote:
Everyones getting sidetracked from the original topic...
Prove there's a god.
Myself being a spiritual type, not religious, was drawn to this. Not for the sake of argument or drama but the expression of free will. Now don't get me wrong I'm no tree hugger. I was born in the backwoods of TN and learned a lot about Christianity growing up but like some people I do not like to be told something and expected to believe it. So I started reading the bible, dead sea scrolls, Qur'an, Dhammapada, etc... Now admittedly these were all translated to English. What I learned through my own studies "personal studies and opinions thereof" is that its not all about believing in a "God" but doing what you know is right. Obviously different cultures different beliefs. Just be glad you live in this beautiful country where you can start this kind of nonsense for gits and shiggles. In some countries you would be beheaded for disbelief. God is a made up word like human and dog to describe a particular thing. He's there if you believe. If you do not believe then he's not. It's all in the eye of the beholder. But I will say this and someone vaguely stated it earlier, everyone believes in something whether it be a God, cow, Lucifer, the teachings of Buddha or Ghandi, even addictions. Anything that consumes your thoughts all day everyday has supreme value and can be considered a god. It's up to you to decide where you stand.
Definition of GOD
1 capitalized : the supreme or ultimate reality: as
a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe
b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
3: a person or thing of supreme value
4: a powerful ruler
All I say is, "WOW". I do not have the inclination to read all your stuff, though GOOD it may be. Let's hear from other bloggers, other than myself, "The King" of everything that has existed and will continue to exist. Big Red, Fat Jack, or whatever your name is, pay attention.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#628129 Jun 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>American citizens will not be singing praises to Obama when they start seeing drones outside their own bedroom windows,
http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/08/politic...
Big Brother needs restraining.
Of course then they will complain. But for now, they are quite happy when Obama uses drones in foreign countries. Those guys are the evil doers afterall. Those school kids need to be watched and if the geography teacher there is proven to be an Al-Qaeeda operative, just bomb the whole class. Why risk American lives? That'll spoil the mood of the American people.

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#628130 Jun 5, 2013
How in the Universe can some almighty critter exist without our knowledge? WTF is we be talkin' bout'??

“The King of R&R”

Location hidden

#628131 Jun 5, 2013
I be NOT in the process, nor promulgating any irrevelant texts, whatever will be, will be, on this here, or Planet X, what youse says be the END of times? Is that you, you Dingbat? where's Archie? Prove your godmeister!.. I am waiting!(Can Dingbats prove their godmeisters?) Let's see! lol!! ROFL-LMAO!!!!!!

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#628132 Jun 5, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need anybody to tell me what I am. My beliefs do not conform to Judaism or Christianity, they are based on the scriptures. Jews do not read or study the prophetic books in the bible and Christians do not understand them. The entire bible is about the Messiah who is God.
If you don’t want replies to your posts then why are you winging like a hard done by little wimp on a public thread that you are not accepted by Judaism?

Oh I get it, you are simple a hard done by little wimp that no one understands, right? Boo hoo, go cry to mommy. Honey, that is called paranoia. I have seen others call you similar, obtrusive, disturbed etc and now I understand why and I also now know the reason you are not considered Jewish, so that’s fine, thank you for your enlightenment.

Jews do not read or study the babble because the babble is not the Tanahk, tell me would you study the Granth? No of course you wouldn’t, chances are you have no clue what it is without looking it up. Many christians don’t understand the babble because for the most part they are deliberately ignorant. However there are some few that do and I find that in general they are decent people.

Nope you are wrong and perhaps this is the reason for your confusion and paranoia, you don’t actually understand what the babble is about yet you think you should and so live in a constant fantasy world.

FYI. The entire OT is about how the Jewish faith came to be formed from genocide, child murder, slavery, theft and rape. The NT is a lie about some bastard child whose mother on being raped by a roman soldier shouted goddidt. On growing up the child turned to terrorism and was executed by the lawful state for his crimes.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#628133 Jun 5, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not cry foul. God is a bag of paradoxes. Anything infinite contains paradoxes.
It is illogical to expect logic to apply to an infinite entity. Logic has its limits. If God was logical He logically would not be God.
Of course it would sound foolish to you. You simply wait for scientists breadcrumbs and you get so amazed. You have no idea how many times these people risk being outcast and branded idiotic and looney just to give you the scientific truth you hungrily gobble up.
Unsurprisingly all you are left with is special pleading to enable your god to exist.

He is mighty indeed, alleluia.

#628134 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hatred of Muslims. I only have a hatred for terrorists, which I'm aware not all Muslims are terrorists.
Yes, you do dream of God - or at least think about Him quite often.
I'll bet you think of God much more than you do other things you consider myth. That's a good start.
You have a very short memory, not many months ago you proved that you do not differentiate. Your hatred of the Moslim, what they stand for, how they dress, how they worship stood out in every bigoted post for several days of your ranting. The only thing you didn’t complain about is how they wipe there a$$, probably because you are unaware how. Nope, I am not going back through several months posts on several threads to remind you, I am quite sure of with my own memory.

Nope, I am not you, whereas you have wet dreams about a myth, what I sometimes think about is the stupid ignorance of those who believe mythology is real, there is a difference that you seem unable to comprehend. There is no god so why should I waste time thinking about what does not exist? However there are those who do so waste their time and when I have spare time myself (free from my other thoughts – see below)) I quite often think of those poor deluded souls and attempt (often (but not always) futilely) to relieve their ignorance.

You bet? How pathetic! I don’t think of god as you consider god at all, honey you have no clue what I think about myth. I am currently thinking approximately 8 hours a day of the myth of lady Godiva, I am thinking and working on animating that myth now as I type this to you. Following that I will be thinking about safely driving through rush hour traffic to collect my children then safely driving home, that’s another hour and a half. Then I will be thinking about preparing dinner, then getting the kids bathed and into bed, 2 more hours. And then you have no right to know what I will be thinking for the next 3 hours of but I can assure you no god is involved except perhaps “oh god, just there, yessss”. Then I will be going to bed to read, currently a Stephen Saylor book on the founding of Rome and early Roman republic. Sleep, my dreams are my concern but I can assure you, no gods are involved. Morning, bathed, breakfast and yet another hour and a half driving before continuing my work on the godiva animation. Not much time for gods, mythical or otherwise so you loose, how much was that bet?

But wait a moment, are you now admitting your god is myth?

#628135 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, of course not.
Keep it in Redneckian terms.
Provide evidence that the universe is finite.
Go.
Redneckian terms? You means words of one syllable like, duh, and, and but with the occasional longer word like babbul and goddidit?

Sorry, I can’t stoop so low.

Anyway it does not work like that, if you cannot understand the hubble diagram then shame on you. http://spiff.rit.edu/classes/phys443/lectures...

There ya go, proof.

WMAP and ESO data are available online for anyone to study. Study? Is that the bit that frightens you?

Here, just for you, a page of the basics for dummies
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-uni...

Once you struggle though that try

http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/
and
http://www.spacetelescope.org/science/age_siz...

There ya go, proof.

Most universities and space agencies have pages and pages of data on the red shift.
http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~jh8h/glossary/...
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Scien...
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/as...
http://skyserver.sdss.org/dr1/en/proj/basic/u...

There ya go, proof.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#628136 Jun 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Unsurprisingly all you are left with is special pleading to enable your god to exist.
He is mighty indeed, alleluia.
How is that special pleading? What counterevidence have you provided that you think I ignored?

Do you even know what special pleading is? Or have you just heard of the words and dismiss every argument you cannot counter, as special pleading?

#628137 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And besides, a little while ago you claimed that this is "basic" knowledge.
Now you're saying it takes a university degree to understand.
O_o
That’s why I just posted you a pretty picture and a page for dummies.

The idea of basic knowledge is subjective, if you have no knowledge of mathematics then the basic knowledge of what factor and product in a basic multiplication equation can cause confusion as you have already demonstrated.

Honey, don’t try and be clever, you are not clever enough.

#628139 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess so, huh?
It's equally as painful for us to watch a British 'comedian'.
It literally hurts our eyes.
I'll bet you can name a few American comedians.
I couldn't tell you who Russell Howard, Dara O’Brain, Joe Brand, Sarah Milllican are.
LMAO
Except the old stuff like Monty Python etc…(just so long as it’s not the life of Brian eh?)

Nope I wouldn’t expect you could tell me but that is beside the point. What you are saying here is that you don’t know British comedians yet you decry British humour. That sounds like a typically bigoted redneck claim to me –“doh, me dunow to it must be somtin what me don like”, picks nose with barrel of gun, scratches ass, belches, assumes an idiot thinking pose for 20 seconds and than says “yuh”

Well I do appreciate Rich Hall and Reg D Hunter, both have mastered British humour to the extent they have thriving careers here, seen them both live

#628140 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh give me a f_cking break, lady. I did not threaten you with a gun.
It's that American humour that's lost on you.
THAT'S ALL.
Why give you a break?

Ahh, true it was not a gun, it was a gun sight, so are you saying your gun sight is not attached to a gun?

Yes very fooking funny you moron

Is this the American humour of Adam Lanza when he killed those children? Is it the American humour of James Holmes when he killed those movie goers?

Yes big fooking laugh you moron

Yes you name your avatar well, you have no consideration for anteing other than your selfish self masturbation.

#628141 Jun 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's very little "basic multiplication" about E=MC2.
You "do the maths" and get back to me.
Of course there is you fool.

We can show that C makes it look complicated but that’s descption and you should know all about that. 8.987551*10^16 is a big number to multiply by 1.59486×10^55 that’s 1.433388*10^72. BIG NUMBERS, doh…

An awful lot of energy so no wonder the initial event was so big.

However it is a lot, not an infinite amount as required by KJV Revelation 19:6

Can I assume that the maths is beyond you? It really is very simple

e = mc^2
where:-
e = Energy (J)
m = Mass (kg)
c = 3x10^8 (m/s)

You can use any units system you like as long as the above holds true.
So it is possible to pick a unit system where:-
c = 1
hence
e = mc^2
becomes
e = mx1^2
e = mx1
or
e = m
In other words mass is energy, this is why it is called the mass-energy equivalence.

There ya go, done… Next…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 24 min Chalupa Batgirl 36,684
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Seentheotherside 688,650
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 3 hr hmmmm 25
Main causes of bullying 3 hr Wise above all 3
How did black people get here ( economically) 5 hr Johnny 70
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,545
Dental Visits Are Never Fun 6 hr may i suggest 6
More from around the web