Huh

Arlington, TX

#627853 Jun 3, 2013
Hootus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, look no further than me. I am a miracle and I am this forum's leading authority on snapper, browneyes, and a host of other topics. I am so extraordinary that no man and woman could have simply given birth to me. I have been anointed by almighty God to raise the IQ of the human race, and I have succeeded. When I walk into a room full of people, the collective IQ of the room doubles. Yes, it is due primarily to me.
Apparently, you're walking into a room full of Topix Christians. Doubling that IQ is no accomplishment. Thank you for further illustrating that Christianity is just undeserved hubris and fear of the ego no longer "egoing".

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#627854 Jun 3, 2013
xbrownsugarx wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Hitler had a jewish grandmother and he was in the so-called "agenda" himself, he was a fake. The "jews" aren't even Jewish, but I honestly don't feel like going into it.
2) Inferior humans.. thats just it.. Weak and lowly humans.. all races and all creeds.
3) That was not literal. Why do people take things in literal context? Grow a brain and figure it out hun.
4) What do you mean not really? Are you a Christian?*yikes*
TEH JEWZZZZ!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627855 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How is OCB liking the words of a communist prick a fallacy?
You didn't understand the words confusing association with causation. Check.

Location hidden

#627856 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. I didn't know I had to accept your wicked, disturbed interpretation of it.
I didn't say you did; it would be foolish for me to assume you were even capable of evaluating the world without the veil of super nationalism clouding your view.

But yeah, it's "wicked and disturbed" for me to disagree with empire building that costs hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. So totally wicked.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627857 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If God has the power to create the universe, what makes you think He has to obey it's laws?
Special pleasing. Another fallacy.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627858 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Go into a pitch black room with absolutely no light.
Got it?
Now, make it darker.....
Hiw is this in any way a refutation of her statement?
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627859 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You bitch about special pleading then special plead?!?
O_o
And WTF is "vpcretae"??
Create, nitwit. Context clues would give even a sub literate an idea of what that typo meant. I wasn't special pleading, moron, I was asking you a question based on your special pleading. And, illustrating your special pleading is not bitching about it. It is always easy to tell when you know you are full of shite. You begin the Riverdance.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627860 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's because the watch maker nonsense is one of the oldest, most tiresome play in the creationist book. It's not worth responding to.
Yes, it is PRATT. Previously Refuted A Trillion Times.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#627861 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Hiw is this in any way a refutation of her statement?
It demonstrates that darkness is non-existent. It's just an absence of light.

Unless of course you can demonstrate how you can make darkness....

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627863 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>They locked down the computers in the sanitorium's common room again. Check.
Was I supposed to laugh?

'_'

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627864 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't say you did; it would be foolish for me to assume you were even capable of evaluating the world without the veil of super nationalism clouding your view.
But yeah, it's "wicked and disturbed" for me to disagree with empire building that costs hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. So totally wicked.
It's sad that you consider America an empire.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#627865 Jun 3, 2013
Jenji wrote:
when I stand naked in nature, either alone or with friends out in an open field of grass and wildflowers, or on a beach with the warm sun and fresh air on my body, and I look at the mountains and the forest or the ocean and the great beauty that's all around me, that's all the proof of God I need!
and (if you're hot) i stand there naked with you; my outy risen & extended to meet your inny and beholding the beauty that is us!;)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627866 Jun 3, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Dark matter does not follow physical laws. It does not interact with electromagnetic force. It doesn't interact with light. They defy gravity.

I find it very weird that you would think God would be governed by the laws of the universe. If God exists, then it means He created the universe. Why should He be governed by laws which He created? If I build a robot, does it mean I am answerable to that robot? I have to do what that robot says? Live under that robots rules?

I know the Bible was written over 200 years after Jesus, with the ultimate copy existing only since 325 AD. That is why I do not believe in most of the Bible. My argument here, is on your perception of omnipotence. Unlimited power, the power to do anything. If I had unlimited power, the first thing I'll do is defy gravity and go flying around like superman. Next, I'll fly all around the universe, faster than the speed of light. I'll have unlimited power after all, so naturally I'll be able to break that light speed. And who needs oxygen when I have unlimited power? I'll go have a look at the stars up close, reach many of them seconds, as opposed to years as light would take. And I'll do all of this while making a cup of coffee and watching Avatar. I'll have unlimited power, so naturally I'll be able to be in multiple places at the same time. If you mess with me, I'll turn into a T-rex. Unlimited power, so I can do it! Life and death, rules, it'll all be a joke to me. I'll laugh at all you ants with all your limitations, your binding rules. And if I get bored, I'll just destroy this universe and make the next one yellow with green stars. I'll redesign evolution to make the dolphins smarter and the humans dumber, so the dolphins will rule the world. Maybe I'll create life in every planet and the next batch of creatures live in their rules, their limitations. Haha :)
Now you're getting it.

Location hidden

#627867 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad that you consider America an empire.
What else do you call a nation that forcefully expands it's power via military conflict, both head on and by proxy? What else do you call a country that maintains military installations in about 150 countries? We are an imperial force, there's really no debating that fact.

Honestly, RR, I don't have the same level of jingoistic ultra passion for my country as you do, but I suppose I can understand why someone would be patriotic. Lying to yourself about what your country is isn't patriotism though, in fact, it's just about the exact opposite of patriotism.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#627868 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I never saw the post, but I'd gladly refute it. Was it Paley's Watchmaker? If that was it, seriously? That PRATT was wholly eviscerated many times over.

To say that the existence of manipulators manipulating pre-existing matter proves the existence of an intelligent being creating ex nihilo, is a non-sequitur. It is an equivocation of two different uses of the word "create".
Making consists of manipulation of pre-existing matter and energy. It is true that the existence of a building or car presupposes a maker. But it also presupposes something else: pre-existing matter and energy that the maker manipulates. The maker of a building does not “make” it by saying:“Let there be a house. And let it be of brick and have shingles of asphalt. And let the brick be yellow in color and the window trim be of almond coloring.” A “maker” makes something by starting with something that already exists. She then manipulates it by changing its shape or size or even applying energy to change its attributes and then assembles the modified pre-existing matter into the building.
A log cabin maker first finds existing trees, chops them down, removes the branches, shapes them and then piles them in a particular way to “make” the cabin walls. The raw materials of glass are subjected to heat until the heat manipulates it into a transparent substance that is then molded or cut to fit holes in the walls to make windows. A sand castle maker does not make the sand, he merely shapes existing sand into a shape we call a castle. Making is not “creating.” It is merely manipulating. And, of course, existing matter and energy can only be manipulated by a manipulator.
Creation ex nihilo or speaking something into existence is a completely different category of event. Where making presupposes the previous existence of matter and energy, creating presupposes the opposite – that nothing exists previously.
Noticing that existing matter and energy can be manipulated tells us absolutely nothing about how the matter and energy came to exist in the first place. Finding a piece of clay and noticing that it can be manipulated it the shape of a horse tells me nothing about how the clay got there to begin with.
Your first flash premise is complexity. The idea that aspects of nature are too complex to have happened by chance (or more aptly natural processes if we wish to avoid straw men) is a fallacy of argument from ignorance, or even willful ignorance. Remember, Behe's Irreducible Complexity has already been laughed out of the courts.
Your second false premise is the definition of design. We know that man-made objects are designed a posteriori. We have heard of designers. We know of companies that make such things. They are made out of plastic which doesn't occur in nature or finely polished purified silver which doesn't appear in nature. We know such things are designed because of our knowledge of the world we can logically conclude that they are designed
Seeing design in nature involves confusing the direction of causality. Humans are the product of a long evolutionary process that has adapted us to the environments where we live. That our surroundings seem well suited to us is not surprising, but is not evidence that it was designed for our benefit; rather it is a testament to the power of evolution to produce well-adapted organisms.
Your third false premise is nothing more than special pleading. It has to be so! Why? You can replace your personal version of your god with anything else without changing the definition. Pretending to equivocate our existence with design does not point to your personal version of whatever god you pretend.
This is the SECOND TIME you have been caught and guilty of Plagiarism here on this thread. The desperation you display to look intelligent, only shows your ignorance.!!!

LOL,, such pathetic dishonesty!!!

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php...

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#627869 Jun 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does follow it’s particular laws those laws my be “above” the standard model but they are predicted basdd on that standard model. However dark matter does not (as far as is known) react with electromagnetism but it does have an effect on gravity researchers have inferred it’s presence by gravitational lensing.
http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2012/a383/
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/...
I think it’s very weird that you think any entity in this universe is not governed by the laws of the universe, why should anything claimed to exist within this universe not adhere to the laws of this universe. Making exceptions just because that’s what you want to believe does not wash.
Building a robot requires the physical laws of the universe and that you follow the laws of the universe to build it in the first place, bad example.
Nope the power would be limited to what is available, what is available is not infinite therefore not omnipotent.
Your dreams are you own affair and are dreams. Dolphins are pretty smart, as are pigs and birds of the crow family and … etc, etc…
However in this universe and in most circumstances life is not possible. It’s a very limited band of heat and particular chemicals that allow life to exists. The universe is not and cannot be built in the way you dream
You seem to make the universe your ultimate authority. Everything has to abide by it. Even if God created it, then He too must abide by it. Even if God created physical laws, then He must abide by it.

That doesn't make any sense. It's completely contradictory to the very nature of power. The more powerful something is, naturally the less controllable it is. Something with infinite power (ie. omnipotent) would be absolutely uncontrollable, not bound by anything. And yet you still think it would be bound by the laws of the universe, as if the universe is some ultimate, eternal truth, some ultimate authority.

I am a being with limited power, so naturally dreams are just dreams. But for an entity with unlimited power, anything is possible. Absolutely anything. If I had infinite power, I would be able to do anything, make life thrive on any planet in any condition, if I so willed, and you all would remain in wonder.

Let me state it in mathematical terms. As power approaches infinity, control approaches zero. Laws approach zero. Any laws, all laws.

Location hidden

#627870 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and I can easily disprove your personal god. First, you need to describe the exact nature of your god. The EXACT nature. As soon as you are willing and able to do that, I can disprove it, just like your silly "design" exercises.
Only thing you can do is "copy and paste" other peoples thoughts and claim them as your own..

“Listen to the sounds”

#627871 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>This is nothing more than special pleading and an argument from ignorance. Uh, and it's the 21st Century. We don't need your ridiculous superstitions any more.
You're quite fond of your "special pleading" argument which you never really explain, and your one or two liners hey. When are you gonna grow some balls and enter a meaningful discourse? When are you gonna stop being a fearful b*tch towards your ego, and search for the objective truth in every corner, not just the corners that stroke your ego?

I bet you're huddled up in a corner right now, with your arms around your knees, reassuring your self, reassuring your ego, "I'm right, I know I'm right, I know I'm right", repeatedly.

Location hidden

#627872 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No "argument from design" is ever a "well-made, reasonable point". Have you considered going back to school to learn the grammar and punctuation you should have learned the first time. Perhaps if you start with the basics, we can work on critical thinking skills later.
The entire premise for the argument is based on notion that there are aspects of nature too complex to have simply sprung into existence by chance (a claim which has only ever been made by Christians, by the way. Please quote one scientist that claims the universe sprung into existence by chance. I'll wait.). Trying to solve a complex mystery by invoking an even more complex mystery is ridiculous.
Say, for sake of point, that we agreed there was a malevolent force behind all of this. Which god, then? Why a god? Why not a spaghetti monster? Do we point to your personal god just because you were born in America and were culturally-conditioned to believe in whichever version of the Chrostian god your forebears saw fit to confuse you with?
We can actually look at the argument from poor design to easily eviscerate our claims. Here, wrap your noggin around the Dysteleological Argument.
An omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent designer would create organisms with an optimal design.
Organisms, especially humans, have features that are suboptimal.
Therefore, the designer either did not create these organisms or is not omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent.
Here are some of the suboptimal characteristics to support this claim.
In the human eye, not only is the retina backwards but it creates a scotoma where the optic nerve attaches.
The human pelvis is too small in many cases to support the passage of the fetal head. Until modern medicine circumvented the problem, infant mortality was rampant when such cases presented.
In the human female, a fertilized egg can implant into the fallopian tube, cervix or ovary rather than the uterus causing an ectopic pregnancy. This is due to the existence of a cavity between the ovary and the fallopian tube. Prior to modern surgery, ectopic pregnancy invariably caused the deaths of both mother and baby. Even in modern times, in almost all cases, the pregnancy must be aborted to save the life of the mother.
In the human male, testes develop initially within the abdomen. Later during gestation, they migrate through the abdominal wall into the scrotum. This causes two weak points in the abdominal wall where hernias can later form. Prior to modern surgical techniques, complications from hernias, including intestinal blockage, gangrene, etc., usually resulted in death.
The common malformation of the human spinal column, leading to scoliosis, sciatica and congenital misalignment of the vertebrae.
The existence of unnecessary wings in flightless birds, e.g. ostriches.
The prevalence of congenital diseases and genetic disorders such as Huntington's Disease.
The existence of the pharynx, a passage used for both ingestion and respiration, with the consequent drastic increase in the risk of choking.
The route of the recurrent laryngeal nerve is such that it travels from the brain to the larynx by looping around the aortic arch. This same configuration holds true for many animals; in the case of the giraffe, this results in about twenty feet of extra nerve.
The breathing reflex is stimulated not directly by the absence of oxygen but rather indirectly by the presence of carbon dioxide. A result is that, at high altitudes, oxygen deprivation can occur in unadapted individuals who do not consciously increase their breathing rate.
The list goes on. And on. There is no design only adaptation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_po...

Another copy and paste from assorted links....lol pitiful.

“Listen to the sounds”

#627873 Jun 3, 2013
Jenji wrote:
when I stand naked in nature, either alone or with friends out in an open field of grass and wildflowers, or on a beach with the warm sun and fresh air on my body, and I look at the mountains and the forest or the ocean and the great beauty that's all around me, that's all the proof of God I need!
"Have you seen that which you emit?
Is it you who creates it, or are We the Creator?
We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone.
Have you seen the seed that you sow in the ground?
Is it you who makes it grow, or are We the grower?
If We willed, We could make it [dry] debris, and you would remain in wonder,
crying "Indeed, we are in debt! No! We are deprived!"
And have you seen the water that you drink?
Is it you who brought it down from the clouds, or is it We who bring it down?
If We willed, We could make it bitter, so why are you not grateful?
And have you seen the fire that you ignite?
Is it you who produced its tree, or are We the producer?
So exalt the name of your Lord, the Most Great."

Quran 56.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Rosesz 582,661
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 22 min lil whispers 2,242
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 24 min sangili karuppan 6,285
pound your pud and release your seed for Emma W... 40 min Charlie Sheen 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 42 min MUQ2 40,104
Coyotes and Bobcats in west Little Rock should ... 42 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 611,765
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 44 min Rosa_Winkel 442,452
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr AN NFL FAN 121,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) Fri puspamishra130 190
More from around the web