Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#628080 Jun 4, 2013
Lily the Aborter wrote:
<quoted text>
Try physics. I learned Ohm's Law in physics and chemistry. You don't learn that concept in algebra or geometry.
The only thing I believe that 'if you don't use it, you lose it' is with a non-native foreign language. I took algebra classes 20 years apart and I remembered it like I had just learned it the first time.
Well that's you, not me.

My life took me to the construction site and away from higher mathematics.

My son just finished geometry in 11th grade, I couldn't help him with his homework - I forgot it all because I haven't used it in over 20 years.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628081 Jun 4, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lucky. I use different math concepts all of the time for my career, and am constantly having to research things. I wish I had a "math memory".
I learned how to apply Ohm's Law when I was involved in amateur radio. Lots of concepts that you learn about in physics come to life when you take up electronics as a hobby.
For me, it's not very interesting. Which is probably why I forgot most of it.

Sucks, too. I was a whiz, a straight A math student.

Ah well. Construction pays better than any of those math teachers anyway :)

$$$
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#628082 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a nut, you just said that basically everything written everywhere is what your god said, but that you don't believe in all of it.
"The simple believe every word, but the prudent looks well to his going" I don't read the Talmud or any other religious document written by man which includes the new testament. As far as I know, the only book containing the word of God is the Hebrew bible. Everything else is an opinion, I go right to the source.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#628083 Jun 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"The simple believe every word, but the prudent looks well to his going" I don't read the Talmud or any other religious document written by man which includes the new testament. As far as I know, the only book containing the word of God is the Hebrew bible. Everything else is an opinion, I go right to the source.
So then you admit you are a simple minded person.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#628084 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well that's you, not me.
My life took me to the construction site and away from higher mathematics.
My son just finished geometry in 11th grade, I couldn't help him with his homework - I forgot it all because I haven't used it in over 20 years.
You remember the Pythagorean theorem don't you?

I use that all the time.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#628085 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood what I wrote KK, try reading it again. It's not that difficult to understand.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#628086 Jun 4, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words if "humans" could comprehend the fullness of God and his power, then he wouldnt be GOD..
Ive tried telling them that, but they wont listen...

That's because you're a freakin tard.
Let me spell it out for you dufus..

In God We Trust

Sound familiar?

It's the only god in sight.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#628087 Jun 4, 2013
Can someone give me a good reason that I should believe in a god? Now, do not just quote some obscure 2000 year old goatherder scriptures. Just tell me why I should believe in god. What are my advantages? Will I recieve SS in heaven? what about health care? will it be free? What about pre-existing conditions --will I still be covered? All comments are accepted!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#628088 Jun 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstood what I wrote KK, try reading it again. It's not that difficult to understand.
Nope, you admitted to being simple minded, you bought a story without checking it's veracity.
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#628089 Jun 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"The simple believe every word, but the prudent looks well to his going" I don't read the Talmud or any other religious document written by man which includes the new testament. As far as I know, the only book containing the word of God is the Hebrew bible. Everything else is an opinion, I go right to the source.
the tree relates to the consciousness, the serpent to wisdom vs knowledge, in the tree of life; which is the qabalah tree the base knowledge is raised along the axis mundi from the lower state of consciousness to its higher state.

the allegory is given

Matthew 13:32
Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

as the consciousness is raised from the lower to the higher the kundalini energy goes from idea to realized and takes flight.

be as wise as serpent and as innocent as doves. the serpent was questioning. that which is made in the image is the reflection of self and equal.

the axis mundi being the pathways, or nadis.

the serpent being the flow of energy along those pathways.

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

again a book is something that should not be judged by it's covering.

so

Revelation 5:1
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside(spine), sealed with seven seals.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#628090 Jun 4, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>the tree relates to the consciousness, the serpent to wisdom vs knowledge, in the tree of life; which is the qabalah tree the base knowledge is raised along the axis mundi from the lower state of consciousness to its higher state.
the allegory is given
Matthew 13:32
Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
as the consciousness is raised from the lower to the higher the kundalini energy goes from idea to realized and takes flight.
be as wise as serpent and as innocent as doves. the serpent was questioning. that which is made in the image is the reflection of self and equal.
the axis mundi being the pathways, or nadis.
the serpent being the flow of energy along those pathways.
Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
again a book is something that should not be judged by it's covering.
so
Revelation 5:1
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside(spine), sealed with seven seals.
Using such loose logic, we could also make Iron Man look like a revelation from some god. You have essentially made the story meaningless.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#628091 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see.
6=2X+2
X=2(2)+2
Makes sense, thanks.
Told ya I forgot all that shit.
THERE ya go!
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#628092 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you admitted to being simple minded, you bought a story without checking it's veracity.
i'm simple minded. it's called the fools journey because only the fool can surmise what the learned have become conditioned to expect, see?

nature doesn't disparage. she compliments everything with constrast

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628093 Jun 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember the Pythagorean theorem don't you?
I use that all the time.
No, but I can open a beer bottle with another beer bottle.

...or a lighter.

Top that!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628094 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>THERE ya go!
I appreciate it, Mac.

RR's trying...
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#628095 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Using such loose logic, we could also make Iron Man look like a revelation from some god. You have essentially made the story meaningless.
for every action there is an antithetical but equal reaction.

two sides of the same janus

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#628096 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I can open a beer bottle with another beer bottle.
...or a lighter.
Top that!
With or without your depends?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#628097 Jun 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the idiot who claims that there is a gay gene.

xD

Location hidden

#628098 Jun 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I've invented a new word for what you do - trololiping! Snipe trolling. I know, it's incredibly clever, you don't have to do any adulating.
Just about everybody snipes on this thread you freaking hypocrite.

Location hidden

#628099 Jun 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey booooots :)
I hope you are well.
There is ongoing ethical and moral debate on these drones. I read a lot about it in the news. The immediate problem is the lack of exposure to the pity of war, that these videogame soldiers receive. They sit safe somewhere controlling that joystick, completely out of view to the reality of war, the terror, the burning screaming bodies, the stench of war, the blood and dust.
But ultimately the American populace doesn't really care about the atrocities of their army. They didn't care when the U.S. invaded Iraq, resulting in the death of over 100000 Iraqi civilians. They only started caring when the deaths of their own soldiers began to amount in the thousands and the wounded in the tens of thousands. And now here comes Obama, the great hero. He's not as evil as Bush. Bush put American lives at risk. Obama is a great guy, he uses drones and only puts Iraqi civilian lives at risk. That's as great as any American president of today needs to be. Who cares about non-American lives anyway?
American citizens will not be singing praises to Obama when they start seeing drones outside their own bedroom windows,

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/08/politic...

Big Brother needs restraining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Bongo 37,102
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Rosesz 688,814
We do NOT need any walls! 2 hr Paul is dead 34
Harden and James....'the Beard Brothers' 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 3 hr Paul is dead 8
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Paul is dead 13
Why is Mahattan Johnny a gay trucker 3 hr Paul is dead 20
More from around the web