“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#628052 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Ah.
Not omnipotent.
Gottit.
Omnipotence is defined as having unlimited or very great power.

God can't lie because He chooses not to, not because He's limited by the truth.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628053 Jun 4, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
He told you this?
Yes.

Try to refute it.

Go.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#628054 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, the speed of light isn't constant.
Second, you ignored my question so I'll ask again.
What if M is unknown?
the speed of light in a vacuum is constant...it always has been.

and I'm going to try one more time...

matrices, elimination, graphing and substitution....anything? Is there a spark going on up there that wasn't put there by the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry?

London, UK

#628055 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>THAT"S BASIC ALGEBRA!!!
What the hell do you do with E=IR???
can't solve an equation with two unknowns...ouch

isn't he employed in construction? I hope it isn't wihin his remit to design load bearing structures.

London, UK

#628056 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Try to refute it.
Go.
He just told you in response to the post I made or you read it from:

http://carm.org/questions/about-god/can-god-m... .

lies make the baby jeebus cry...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#628057 Jun 4, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
can't solve an equation with two unknowns...ouch
isn't he employed in construction? I hope it isn't wihin his remit to design load bearing structures.
Sheesh, I hope not also.

The Borderland of Sol

#628058 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Omnipotence is defined as having unlimited or very great power.
God can't lie because He chooses not to, not because He's limited by the truth.
"Omni" = "All."

"Potent" = "Powerful".

There are no exceptions in the definition. You added those.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628059 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>THAT"S BASIC ALGEBRA!!!
What the hell do you do with E=IR???
*shrugs*. I don't even know what that is, hence the question.....

What if M is unknown?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628060 Jun 4, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
the speed of light in a vacuum is constant...it always has been.
and I'm going to try one more time...
matrices, elimination, graphing and substitution....anything? Is there a spark going on up there that wasn't put there by the Christian Apologetics Research Ministry?
Yes, the speed of light in a vacuum is constant. But that ain't what you said, you said the speed of light is constant.

Elimination, graphing & substitution, yes. Matrices, no.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628061 Jun 4, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
He just told you in response to the post I made or you read it from:
http://carm.org/questions/about-god/can-god-m... .
lies make the baby jeebus cry...
You know, if you can't refute it....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628062 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Omni" = "All."
"Potent" = "Powerful".
There are no exceptions in the definition. You added those.
Nope.

Omni = all; of all things

Potent = having great power, influence or effect.

There ARE different definitions.

The Borderland of Sol

#628063 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*shrugs*. I don't even know what that is, hence the question.....
What if M is unknown?
That's Ohm's Law.

Voltage = Current times Resistance.

Now, if the current is unknown, how do you find it out?

C'mon, you can do it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#628064 Jun 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's Ohm's Law.
Voltage = Current times Resistance.
Now, if the current is unknown, how do you find it out?
C'mon, you can do it!
How many ways can a man say I don't know?

I DON'T KNOW.

Honestly, I aced algebra & geometry back in high school, but that was a long time ago. The adage 'id you don't use it, you lose it' is true.

The Borderland of Sol

#628065 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T KNOW.
Honestly, I aced algebra & geometry back in high school, but that was a long time ago. The adage 'id you don't use it, you lose it' is true.
Oh, for...

I'll fix it for you. If M is the unknown, you swap the equation around.

M = C^2/E.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#628066 Jun 4, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can say, "oh logic definitely dictates that god exists" but when logic is applied to simply show god as a great bag of paradoxes you cry foul.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're saying that it is illogical for logic to apply to the being which you state logically exists?
You god can really make you behave like a fool can't he?
I did not cry foul. God is a bag of paradoxes. Anything infinite contains paradoxes.

It is illogical to expect logic to apply to an infinite entity. Logic has its limits. If God was logical He logically would not be God.

Of course it would sound foolish to you. You simply wait for scientists breadcrumbs and you get so amazed. You have no idea how many times these people risk being outcast and branded idiotic and looney just to give you the scientific truth you hungrily gobble up.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#628067 Jun 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument has always been “E=MC^2 proves that an omnipotent entity as described in KJV 19:6 cannot exist in this universe because you exist in this universe” How you interpret or twist or distort or convolute that is you affair.
I expect no such thing, the mathematics and the evidence of the mathematics is enough for me, you are perfectly entitled to your own beliefs. However if you want to promote those belief then you should at least be able to justify them logically.
You implied something above this universe. I merely suggested where you could put it if by some remote chance you could actually offer proof of your implication.
I freely admit I am not a scientist, since when has this had any relevance to E=MC^2 showing that omnipotence is impossible? My lack of scientific qualifications are no reason to decry my knowledge of science. And may I say that that you know nothing about Cartesian vectors and the simulation of a 3D object on a 2D plane but that does not prevent you enjoying a good animation film. Note, I have no intention of being a scientist if the type of pratt they turn out now are condescending pratts like you.
Einstein openly stated his lack of belief in god and objected strongly to the misinterpretation by godbots of his beliefs by, let me quote from a translation of one of his last letters.
“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish…”
and
“For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions.”
Anyway, no he did not come to any conclusion on omnipotence but had he been alive today with the knowledge of the universe that is available today could you honestly say the same thing?
You are not a scientist, yet you are making assertions based on E=MC^2, one of the highest and most complicated fields of science, quantum mechanics. Do you at least have first year undergraduate level physics under your belt, to discuss this equation?

Your lack of scientific qualification is every reason to decry your knowledge of science. This is simply because science is not merely a collection of facts. There is a scientific thinking that one has to develop. Some students go through university, and they fail certain course repeatedly despite studying all the material and working very hard. They fail because they did not grasp the scientific thinking. The articulation of science. There is a way to think, certain things to be weary off, certain key questions to ask oneself, when conducting scientific research.

I'm not saying it to be condescending or anything. You would not trust me if start talking anatomy, while not even being a first year med school dropout. You wouldn't take my words seriously at all on the subject.

I'm an engineer by the way. PhD student. I know cartesian vectors.

And newsflash, rejecting the Bible does not equate to disbelief in God. Einstein was quite particular not to be called an atheist, but an agnostic instead.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#628068 Jun 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>That's why I don't give any weight to myth and the oral tradition. Adams' wife gets blamed for everything. If God said it, it would be written somewhere. I do not believe Adam had a first wife named Lilith.
You are a nut, you just said that basically everything written everywhere is what your god said, but that you don't believe in all of it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#628069 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hatred of Muslims. I only have a hatred for terrorists, which I'm aware not all Muslims are terrorists.
Yes, you do dream of God - or at least think about Him quite often.
I'll bet you think of God much more than you do other things you consider myth. That's a good start.
So now you are saying that you're psychic.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#628070 Jun 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What no evidence? do the math.
Just because you are too ignorant to comprehend basic multiplication does not make you right, it just makes you ignorant.
Ignorance is when you know better.
The concessions at the mall movies overcharge.
They should use a register if it would help them.
They are taught to steal.
Lily the Aborter

Phoenix, AZ

#628071 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I DON'T KNOW.
Try physics. I learned Ohm's Law in physics and chemistry. You don't learn that concept in algebra or geometry.
The only thing I believe that 'if you don't use it, you lose it' is with a non-native foreign language. I took algebra classes 20 years apart and I remembered it like I had just learned it the first time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Uncle Jack 88,129
What is judge Wendall Giffin's REAL problem?? 15 min Rodney Bing 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mr magoo goo guy... 703,713
mgtow 2 hr the enlightened man 12
Here's What's Really Behind NFL Players Taking ... (Nov '17) 7 hr Fen Pok Sue Chee II 28
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 10 hr Steve Carl 20
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 10 hr Tony 6,921