Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#627951 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just being stupid. Are you only capable of thinking in fox news sound bites?
You disagree with him so you're 'unamerican'.

He obviously follows the Michelle Bachmann school of civics.

Bring back Joe McCarthy....lol
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627952 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A belief system only takes but one believer.
Thank you timn.
xianity is EVIL

Bridgetown, Canada

#627953 Jun 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The mind can exist outside of the brain and is part of the spirit. The universe (space) is the mind and imagination of God which is limitless and ever expanding. God spoke the universe into being and her word is called a sharp sword or rod. The God of Israel will bring peace to the world by her spoken word. She already ended the cold war.
blange youre frng dingbat!! LOL

are you related to RetardedRedneck?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#627954 Jun 3, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You disagree with him so you're 'unamerican'.
He obviously follows the Michelle Bachmann school of civics.
Bring back Joe McCarthy....lol
Did you know that mccarthy is making a "comeback" of sorts in certain republican circles? A few republicans have gone on record praising him. Absurd.

Location hidden

#627955 Jun 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you timn.
Keep on spewing the crazy and I'll keep on defending your right to do so.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#627956 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was a fairly common name back in those days, so their was certainly a surfeit of Jesuses, and probably many were preachers for whatever gods they were promoting as that was quite common, too. But, Christs? Nope. Not a one. Never. No gods yet. And Paul is a proven fabrication. Paul of Acts is an amalgamation of characters from the day, from Saul to Josephus and several others.
And, the character was written very poorly. Paul knew nothing about the annunciation to Mary by the angel Gabriel, the virgin birth, the star of Bethlehem, the wise men, Herod, the slaughter of the innocents or the flight into Egypt. In fact Paul knew nothing at all of Mary, Joseph, Bethlehem or Nazareth. He knew of no disciples, friends, or earthly enemies, nor of any baptism by John in the Jordan. He didn’t mention or quote any teachings, parables or sermons or morals. In fact he attributed no ethical instruction to the earthly Jesus at all.
Show us proof, of any of the things that you claim Paul didnt "know of" or have knowledge of??

Proof and ""source"" !!!!
Nor did he seem to know of any healings of the blind or lame or lepers, or of any of Jesus’ especially spectacular miracles like bringing the dead to life, changing water to wine, feeding five thousand, stilling the storm or walking on water.
He knew of no temptation in the wilderness or dialogue with the Devil, no exorcisms, and no evil spirits falling down in fear before Jesus.
Again, PROOF AND SOURCE!! To all of your absurd claims.
He knew nothing of the times, places or circumstances of the crucifixion. He never mentioned Gethsemane, or the betrayal by Judas (he merely said Jesus ‘was delivered up’ for crucifixion), or the denial by Peter or the disciples, or trials, or scourging, or judgment by Pilate, or Roman soldiers, or Golgotha or vigil at the cross. No last words – nothing!
Wow, you are a fruit cake and so desperate to try and prove God/Jesus doesnt exist, that you will copy and paste "pure nonsense of other fools!!!!

Why would Paul even mention the Garden of Gethsemane, or the betrayal of Judas or any of the things that "had already been mentioned and written" in the NT of the 4 Gospels?? Paul( his Hebrew name) and Saul was his Greek name.. He was a Christian Missionary who traveled and preached the Doctrine of Jesus Christ, and went about founding and establishing churches through out Asia Minor and Europe, Corinth etc etc.
Paul appears to have believed that after three days Jesus ascended directly to heaven without any intervening time on earth, and he certainly didn’t cite any empty tomb.
If Paul and the first Christians knew so little about Jesus, what possible grounds do we have for believing Jesus existed as an historical figure rather than as a Jewish version of the pagan solar godman?
Your pathetic attemps to disprove God, are as weak as the mind you possess.

All you have here are the examples of a desperate Atheist!
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#627957 Jun 3, 2013
God is here.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#627958 Jun 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>....genuine...
Says the guy who wears wimmins' underwear.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#627959 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
susanblangeism exists only in your mind. There's no such religion or belief system.
Hey! I'm back!

Location hidden

#627960 Jun 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the guy who wears wimmins' underwear.
I've invented a new word for what you do - trololiping! Snipe trolling. I know, it's incredibly clever, you don't have to do any adulating.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#627961 Jun 3, 2013
Forum wrote:
God is here.
NO.....he's over there

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#627962 Jun 4, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, another weirdo. Hub is a woman. Why would she need to grow vulnerable balls? They are weak and hang outside the body. Now a vagina, that can really take a pounding.
Someone has to explain special pleading to you? That explains so much. Look it up. Then you end with a non-evidential assertion about her behavior that most assuredly must describe you with your special pleading and hosts of other logical fallacies.
I know what special pleading is about. I want to know the context of why she says my arguments are special pleading.

It is surprising to me that she is a woman. Women I know are usually more articulate and intelligent than the nonsense this one post here, with those numerous copy and paste posts.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#627963 Jun 4, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
The killings that have been going on lately, with men even killing others from an unmanned drone, while some person sits in a comfortable chair and operates the drone, as if it is a computer game, has to be cold-blooded murder of the worst kind, IMO, even if the people that are being killed are themselves cold-blooded murderers, which must be questionable in some of those cases, especially the ones where many others, that just happen to be with the target, die also.
Hey booooots :)

I hope you are well.

There is ongoing ethical and moral debate on these drones. I read a lot about it in the news. The immediate problem is the lack of exposure to the pity of war, that these videogame soldiers receive. They sit safe somewhere controlling that joystick, completely out of view to the reality of war, the terror, the burning screaming bodies, the stench of war, the blood and dust.

But ultimately the American populace doesn't really care about the atrocities of their army. They didn't care when the U.S. invaded Iraq, resulting in the death of over 100000 Iraqi civilians. They only started caring when the deaths of their own soldiers began to amount in the thousands and the wounded in the tens of thousands. And now here comes Obama, the great hero. He's not as evil as Bush. Bush put American lives at risk. Obama is a great guy, he uses drones and only puts Iraqi civilian lives at risk. That's as great as any American president of today needs to be. Who cares about non-American lives anyway?

Since: May 11

London, UK

#627964 Jun 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that mccarthy is making a "comeback" of sorts in certain republican circles? A few republicans have gone on record praising him. Absurd.
Once the 'baby boomers' are dead things will brighten up.

It's those relics who are keeping the worst of the US alive in the republican party and the tea-baggers.

Tea baggers make me smile from all the way over here. They stand together campaigning for anti-globalisation with tea bags from Sri-Lanka hanging from their hats unable to understand the irony.

I saw an old 'lady' standing by the side of the road in a news report with a sign saying "Tea-Bagging 4 jesus", I spat my tea all over myself.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#627965 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...
Ok, ok. If you say so.
And you think it’s funny, how say, I feel so sorry for the upbringing you are imposing on your children

#627966 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If God has the power to create the universe, what makes you think He has to obey it's laws?
First based on no evidence whatsoever you assume that your god created this universe

Second based on similar lack of evidence and against all mathematical and physical principals you assume that should he enter this universe then he would not be subject to the laws of the universe

#627967 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Go into a pitch black room with absolutely no light.
Got it?
Now, make it darker.....
No need to make it darker, the dark is already there, got it?

However if at some later stage light is introduced then it will become lighter

If further light is added then it will become lighter still

As I said dark is the default state. This is a basic junior school scientific principle so it’s not surprising that you don’t understand it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627968 Jun 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Have some respect ya f_ckhead.
You're such a good little patriot.

Easy to keep in line.

#627969 Jun 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to make the universe your ultimate authority. Everything has to abide by it. Even if God created it, then He too must abide by it. Even if God created physical laws, then He must abide by it.
That doesn't make any sense. It's completely contradictory to the very nature of power. The more powerful something is, naturally the less controllable it is. Something with infinite power (ie. omnipotent) would be absolutely uncontrollable, not bound by anything. And yet you still think it would be bound by the laws of the universe, as if the universe is some ultimate, eternal truth, some ultimate authority.
I am a being with limited power, so naturally dreams are just dreams. But for an entity with unlimited power, anything is possible. Absolutely anything. If I had infinite power, I would be able to do anything, make life thrive on any planet in any condition, if I so willed, and you all would remain in wonder.
Let me state it in mathematical terms. As power approaches infinity, control approaches zero. Laws approach zero. Any laws, all laws.
Do you have any evidence that there is anything above the universe? No, I thought not… Or perhaps I have you wrong here, maybe you have such evidence. May I suggest you offer it to the perimeter institute for theoretical physics, it would make your name not only in the world of advanced physics but you would be top dog in the religious streets too.

Of course it makes sense and is complimentary to the known evolution of the universe, the maths of the atomic domain have never been disproved. The maths of the quantum domain were until recently at odds with the maths of the atomic domain but work by Dr Param Singh and others has put paid to that barrier.

Once again, finite universe with finite energy, there is no infinite about it. One of the basic laws of this universe is that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only changed. You are here, you are composed of a tiny fraction of that finite amount of energy.

I ask again, do you know of anything above/greater than this universe? Not your faith or your religion, but something scientifically known to be above this universe. There is of course scientific speculation of various forms of multiverse however as yet it’s speculation.

Your dreams of an entity with unlimited power are simply your dreams

Please give a documented example of a physicality where power reaches infinity? Theoretical mathematics are wonderful for theoretical applications, theoretical applications are not reality. And you are omitting additional dimensions, singularities etc… that can now be explained using the mathematics mentioned above.

#627970 Jun 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I call my religion the Truth Chris, as in the Ministry of Truth from the novel 1984 by George Orwell. 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord". Isaiah 61:2. "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered" Daniel 8:12. I used to think that I was Jewish but I've been told that I'm not.
Then you lie, your religion is faith not truth, it does not matter if you put a capital T in front of the word or not.

Look up the meaning of the word truth, then the meaning of the word faith.

Perhaps this is the reason you are not accepted as Jewish.

Have you actually converted to Judaism? Or do you just talk the talk (with christian inflection)? Have you been presented to a Bet Din? Conversion to Judaism is a simple enough process, all that is needed is sincerity, commitment and a demonstration that you want to be Jewish.

Although some of the more orthodox Jews consider that and orthodox rabbi must perform the ceremony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min President DonJ Trump 675,595
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 110,283
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 25 min Roxanne 474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min Palanty 46,195
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 4,087
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr Retribution 15
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,752
More from around the web