Prove there's a god.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#627886 Jun 3, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>So, you can't refute her post. Caught and guilty? Plagiarism? Sorry, but that website is actually open source and fair use and is not bound by the rules of copywrite. What now?
Are you claiming to be the author of Paley's Watchmaker? After all, you slightly changed it to Clock Maker, as if to pass it off as your own. Why don't you respond to the post instead of trying to deflect it? Oh, that's right, you can't.
Are you the mommy/daddy to this un-educated person or something?

She is a plagiarist, period.

pla·gia·rism
[pley-juh-riz-uhm,-jee-uh-riz- ] Show IPA

noun
an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization

(((((and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author:))))

(My qutation marks)

It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.

You should get your facts right before you go defending her.

I have not heard of that Paley's Watchmaker thing, she was the one who asserted that comment and notion. I didnt "change" nothing, you liar.......... My post had nothing to do with Paley. And if you look at my origanl post it specificaly said "The Perfect Clock"!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627887 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I know what color the Christ was. Invisible.
Although I'm not a Christian, I do believe Jesus was a real person who was crucified but that proved and fulfilled nothing. Jesus is the second or seed of Adam and has been reincarnated. Adam is Satan and Jesus is Lucifer, Satans' counterfeit messiah and is the leader of the sons of darkness. His new name is Bill. Satan is the god of this world and Christians are bent on making sure the world believes it.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#627888 Jun 3, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean like when you offered Paley's Watchmaker as your own and all the other apologetic nonsense you spew? Why don't you try and refute what she posted instead of attacking the messenger? Oh, that's right. You can't.
When i offerd paley's watchmaker as my own???

Show me the post that you say i have done this in???

Ill be waiting, and when you cant provide it,, well we all know what that means..... YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

It's no wander your wittle huh is what she is....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#627889 Jun 3, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
My my,, you are one pathetic person. LOL...
Here is ONE MORE dishonest post of someone else's words that you are trying to pass off as your own.. HUh/timn17/kittenkodder????
It's you who is un-educated, and very desperate to try and look smart.... You have no shame do you?
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/stories/s15170...
Dude, no, I'm hiding! Remember?!?!

Location hidden

#627890 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you live in America and enjoy all the fruits of her freedoms.....
Imagine that.
So? No criticism allowed then? Again, that attitude is the opposite of patriotism. Complacency is the enemy of improvement.

Location hidden

#627891 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
America isn't an empire so why would I think it is?
The main essence and definition of any empire is it's being under the authority of a single person or group.
That ain't America.
Yeah, if you're using the 16th century definition. How about we say we are imperialists, and nip the stupid semantic quibble in the bud? Do you deny that we practice imperialism?

Location hidden

#627892 Jun 3, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct!
<quoted text>
Because i have carefully evaluated and considerd them, and have found them "all lacking"... Simple.
<quoted text>
Then you aren't open minded. I have evaluated the alternatives as well in coming to my position, but I am open to changing it if provided with enough evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#627893 Jun 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Although I'm not a Christian, I do believe Jesus was a real person who was crucified but that proved and fulfilled nothing. Jesus is the second or seed of Adam and has been reincarnated. Adam is Satan and Jesus is Lucifer, Satans' counterfeit messiah and is the leader of the sons of darkness. His new name is Bill. Satan is the god of this world and Christians are bent on making sure the world believes it.
Satan, aka Bill.......

Ahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627894 Jun 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Hebrews invented God, he had a wife named Asherah. The Hebrew people had 'Asherah' poles outside their houses and they baked Asherah cakes for them.
Later on the Hebrew rabbi's decided God shouldn't have a wife, so they wrote her out of the Torah.
Funny that.
That's probably why I'm not Jewish and I know I'm not Christian. The Jews have rejected me, I have not rejected them. "Asherah" though, is the name of a pagan tree god. Adams' first wifes' name according to Jewish myth was supposed to be Lilith. Susan means lily in Hebrew.
xianity is EVIL

Bridgetown, Canada

#627895 Jun 3, 2013
Hootus wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, look no further than me. I am a miracle and I am this forum's leading authority on snapper, browneyes, and a host of other topics. I am so extraordinary that no man and woman could have simply given birth to me. I have been anointed by almighty God to raise the IQ of the human race, and I have succeeded. When I walk into a room full of people, the collective IQ of the room doubles. Yes, it is due primarily to me.
so you cant prove god either

why is that?
Expert

Redding, CA

#627896 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then you aren't open minded. I have evaluated the alternatives as well in coming to my position, but I am open to changing it if provided with enough evidence.
...and what position would that be?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627897 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So? No criticism allowed then? Again, that attitude is the opposite of patriotism. Complacency is the enemy of improvement.
Calling America an empire isn't criticizing, it's shit talking.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627898 Jun 3, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I find it so odd and curious that we have modern, First World people that stammer and stamp their feet for these fairy tales of diet, ribs, snakes, and floods. It's just so weird. The efficacy of brainwashing a child is amazing. Disgusting, but amazing.
Children tend to inherit their parents politico and religious ideologies. I have rejected my parents ideologies. My parents are Christian Republicans and I am a Jewish Democrat. But the Jews have rejected me, so I in turn reject them. I think there's a scripture about that?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627899 Jun 3, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, if you're using the 16th century definition. How about we say we are imperialists, and nip the stupid semantic quibble in the bud? Do you deny that we practice imperialism?
We are absolutely not imperialists. What's wrong with you? If you're so unhappy with America and it's policies, move on out.

Location hidden

#627900 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's being realistic. Again, what do you call a country who increases it's power by force and who maintains military installations around the globe? What do you call a nation who instigates proxy wars to maintain it's hold on strategic locations?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#627901 Jun 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Actually, that is still up for debate as they have not yet demonstrated, scientifically, this claim. ;) In other words, it's a bit like ESP, unproven but feasible.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627902 Jun 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to believe whatever you want to believe, that is why it is called faith, not truth even with a capital T but faith.
However I was not discussing omni anything except omnipotence. If KJV revelation 19:6 is wrong on that point when at least I assume that it is wrong on every other omni of it’s claims.
I call my religion the Truth Chris, as in the Ministry of Truth from the novel 1984 by George Orwell. 1984 was the "acceptable year of the Lord". Isaiah 61:2. "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered" Daniel 8:12. I used to think that I was Jewish but I've been told that I'm not.

Location hidden

#627903 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We are absolutely not imperialists. What's wrong with you? If you're so unhappy with America and it's policies, move on out.
Lol. I'm surprised it took you so long to pull that one out of the fox news playbook.

What do you think imperialism is? What do you think we're doing when we're "spreading democracy?" Even if that was our true, singular goal (it isn't) that alone would make us imperialists. Not to mention all of the other things we do to spread and maintain dominance.

Location hidden

#627904 Jun 3, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw..'Merica is gonna cwy:(

Location hidden

#627905 Jun 3, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that is still up for debate as they have not yet demonstrated, scientifically, this claim. ;) In other words, it's a bit like ESP, unproven but feasible.
I think they've performed tests on self described synesthesiacs (sp?) though. Not totally fool proof, but they tried to eliminate deception by asking them to describe their "associations" several times and in several different ways over a period of time. "True" synesthesiacs remained very consistent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Chess 104,952
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min HOMOSEXUAL VICTIM 673,541
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 57 min bad bob 184,635
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,297
Poll Bible - Written by Man - Edited by Man (Apr '09) 4 hr Jedi Master of All 1,933
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 5 hr Dom daddy for sub 21
Paul Ryan is a closet HOMOSEXUAL (Aug '12) 8 hr John 10
More from around the web