Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#627367 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If it took them all that time to invent writing then what can we say about homo sapiens. OK let us assume it took them say 50 Thousand years to paint pictures and another say 45 thou to come to writing things down. I think we can safely assume homo sapiens were underachievers at best. If they had the ability to paint such graphic pictures along with the use of paint which would last 30 thousand years then why could they not write anything down? Nothing worth writing down for 95 thousand years? Not an earthquake or volcanic eruption to report to later generations? It is just as easy to speculate they were not around as long as the moderns would have us believe. Keep in mind there is zero ancient precedent for any of modern assumptions.
Small changes in knowledge stack upon each other and have effects on logarithmic or polynomial orders of magnitude rather than on a linear scale. Underachievers or not, we are still seeing the same level of knowledge increase (logarithmic/polynomial) due to increased efficiency in communication.

In laymans terms, our ways of communicating started out slow, but once it took off, it REALLY took off.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627368 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If it took them all that time to invent writing then what can we say about homo sapiens. OK let us assume it took them say 50 Thousand years to paint pictures and another say 45 thou to come to writing things down. I think we can safely assume homo sapiens were underachievers at best. If they had the ability to paint such graphic pictures along with the use of paint which would last 30 thousand years then why could they not write anything down? Nothing worth writing down for 95 thousand years? Not an earthquake or volcanic eruption to report to later generations? It is just as easy to speculate they were not around as long as the moderns would have us believe. Keep in mind there is zero ancient precedent for any of modern assumptions.
You write as if you aren't a Homo sapiens.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#627369 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Saidl brought up an excellent point- what do you think humans are?

We are HOMO SAPIENS!!

Underachievers?

Something not yet having been invented doesn't translate into people being underachievers.

Each era in history invents what is needed for that time in history.

In other words, necessity is the mother of invention.

Now back to educating you on what humans are:

"All people today are classified as Homo sapiens. Our species of humans first began to evolve nearly 200,000 years ago in association with technologies not unlike those of the early Neandertals. It is now clear that early Homo sapiens, or modern humans, did not come after the Neandertals but were their contemporaries. However, it is likely that both modern humans and Neandertals descended from Homo heidelbergensis."

http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.ht...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#627370 May 29, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
You write as if you aren't a Homo sapiens.
I don't think lightbeam was aware that humans are homo sapiens.

I have to say that lightbeam seems to be hiding their light under a bushel- assuming the bulb is even working.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

UK

#627371 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
"homo sapiens were underachievers at best"

Funniest line EVER ON THIS THREAD from a pseudo intellectual, word-game playing fundie.

Semper Fi.

LMFAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627372 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think lightbeam was aware that humans are homo sapiens.
I have to say that lightbeam seems to be hiding their light under a bushel- assuming the bulb is even working.
I'm amazed. The bulb has blown!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 13

Chatsworth, CA

#627373 May 29, 2013
Prove there isn't. Lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627374 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
Meh. Your Semetic hippie didn't write anything down, either. I guess it wasn't very important.

Your ignorance is appalling.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#627375 May 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Typical 24-7 BS.
"24/7"?!

This post of yours is two hours old.

Imagine that.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627376 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i have.
http://www.amightywind.com/abortionf/abortion...
No crime here? Legal abortion and its fruits.
Aw, now I'm hungry for lunch. Athiests love eating babies.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627377 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Right- for a post of only 4 words which took no time to think about nor did you have to spend any time making your thoughts coherent.
STOP already.
Go.
Stop and go?

Hurry up and wait.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627378 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
An underachiever is an idiot who is still a godbot in 2013. An underachiever is one who enjoys the fruits of science while denigrating it. An underachiever is one who confirmation biases himself with the writings of known scam artists like convicted felon and guest if the state Ken Hovind, Ken Ham, and Matt Slick.

You ignorance of history is astounding.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627379 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Plus the ten seconds you spent to read his post and perhaps re-read it as well but no matter-
RR, you are on Topix at LEAST 5 hours a day every single day.
OWN it. It's a FACT about you.
Go.
Aw, you ran the idiot off.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#627380 May 29, 2013
Thinking Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing the existence of God is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the validity of scientific discoveries and technological advances. Science seeks to understand processes in relation to our lives and how we might progress. Science does not nullify the existence of God. It never will.
Daniel 12:4 "...and knowledge shall be increased".
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627381 May 29, 2013
Do any of my fellow atheists have an opinion on the sweetest-tasting babies? I'm thinking of trying a six month old out after Rignorantside Redneck tenderizes another one. Whack, whack, evil baby, whack whack!

Psst, crazy Christoans, this is called parody and sarcasm. No babies were harmed, well, except at Rignorantside Redneck's house.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627382 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop and go?
Hurry up and wait.
Actually, ignoramus it was wait and then hurry up. You know, like when you threaten your wife with sex.
Bartholomew Oglethorpe

Euless, TX

#627383 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"24/7"?!
This post of yours is two hours old.
Imagine that.
What happened? Was there a spill in aisle 4?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#627384 May 29, 2013
Bartholomew Oglethorpe wrote:
Do any of my fellow atheists have an opinion on the sweetest-tasting babies? I'm thinking of trying a six month old out after Rignorantside Redneck tenderizes another one. Whack, whack, evil baby, whack whack!
Psst, crazy Christoans, this is called parody and sarcasm. No babies were harmed, well, except at Rignorantside Redneck's house.
I'm no atheist, but I hear that they taste a lot better with a good home-made bbq sauce.

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627385 May 29, 2013
Thank you for a very interesting evening! Night all :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627386 May 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That's what your wife said, which is why her new slogan is, "What can Brown do for me?"
Someone is driving into her Lincoln Tunnel while you steal time on Topix.
Your attempts at condescending fall short.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 585,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min Clearwater 176,575
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 49 min pusherman_ 2,300
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Theswamiji 6,401
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr MUQ2 281
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 611,940
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 3,907
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Just Think 99,220
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr MUQ2 40,212
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr WasteWater 270,839
More from around the web