Prove there's a god.

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627309 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are different. Thank you.
"One of the most widely held theories suggests that Matthew's account follows the lineage of Joseph, while Luke's genealogy is that of Mary, the mother of Jesus."
You used the word THEORIES, so it must not be true!

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

UK

#627310 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said. You do not look for answers. You look to protect your atheism. You are not interested in the truth of the matter. You're great at sarcasm.
<quoted text> Special pleading is excuse making. A defense method to protect your atheism and shield yourself from the truth. All the ancients including the Greeks has God down as Infinite which means outside time. Not restricted by time and space the way creation is. Moderns would have us all believe all the ancients were wrong and they are right but why trust the moderns when they cling to a faith based proposition which explains nothing. You would put God in creation. Its like looking for Mark Twain inside Huck Finn and then to deny Mark Twain because He is not mentioned in Huck Finn. You simply do not care about evidence or truth and that means you are gutless.
ahh yes, god is ouside time and space and the rules do not apply to him...I vaguely remember that being your particular 'blankie'.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627312 May 29, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
thats really nice song
BuffySt.Marie does it best though
http://youtu.be/zYEsFQ_gt7c
Thanks, that brought back memories! Sad though.

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627313 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> They don't conflict Einstein. Keep your day job. Human history disappears post 5 K years. Just drops right off according to the experts.
KittenKoder Wrote:
No it doesn't, Egyptian history spans much further back, so does Mayan and Incan histories, as well as Greek.

SaidI Wrote: Australian Aboriginals goes back at least 60,000 years. One of the stories past down through the ages is of when darkness came to the land, and plants stopped growing, children became sick, people died. Scientist agree with them as volcanic activity at that time would have blotted out the sun.
Verbal Ninja

Valliant, OK

#627314 May 29, 2013
A Formal Satire wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove unicorns don't exist. When you do that, I'll prove your god doesn't either.


Your probably the type of person that if you were told in the year 1650 that you would be able to talk to someone around the world in a matter of seconds you would not believe that either right? When I was about 10 years old, I was walking home from the store with my mother, when I made the comment that I didn't believe in god. about 4 seconds later lightning struck the ground in front of me about 30 feet away. Be foolish if you want, but don't be that guy who said you were never told!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627315 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>K I don't know what addlepated means, but I do know that you're ignorant of the bibke. You've only learned what the atheist website have taught you - which is a bunch of lies.

If you knew anything about it, you'd know that Matthew traces the line through David's son Solomon and Luke traces the line through David's son Nathan.

Hey are different for a reason, you addlepated nitwit.
And neither line leads to Jesus.

Where's the line that leads from David to Jesus?

And how can there be ANY line leasing to Jesus, since he was supposedly conceived without a sperm donor?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627316 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>If you say so.

But I say a good employee gives 100%.

A great employee gives 110%

And a great employee with a 1% raise gives it about 70%.

lol
It is impossible to give 100%.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627317 May 29, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>Bet you wouldnt say that, if you was placed in the middle of a hot zone in Afganistan..

You would be pissing yourself, and screaming for help for a soldier to come save your sorry spineless azz!!!

They would shove your pathetic words back down your throat, and tell you that they put on that uniform so "you" dont have too, and they risk their LIFE and have giving theirt LIFE and fight for the very freedom you have, to set in your cosey little home behind a computer screen, and spew your stupidity and ignorance. They allow COWARDS like you unfortunantly, to have what you have today, you ungratefull dick!

What i wouldnt give to meet you one day..........
That sounds like a threat.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#627318 May 29, 2013
Greetings all! Long time on again off again poster checking in.... So, I am on somewhat of a spiritual journey, and have come to the realization that I am not completely agnostic after all, even in years of defending this position.

By my perception, The world is made up of models of reality that seem to change over time and culture shifts. Right now, for me, my model of reality most resembles Christianity, so that's what I'm going to take and run with! I'm going to do my best to live my life based on christian principles.

Not that it really matters to anyone here, I just thought I'd humor you with that :)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627319 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it was

[QUOTE] The first gulf war, we wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for the oil. "

Yes we would've.

[QUOTE] And you should see the horrible birth defects that are occurring because of the weapons used. Depleted uranium; though the USA deny's the use of depleted uranium, medical scientists, doctors from around the world all agree it's depleted uranium. American soldier's have also had babies with the same defects.
"

Ya, it's all America's fault.

No, no, no... Don't you dare blame Hussein. He was a good man and the evil Empire of America went in illegally and kidnapped him.

*rolls eyes*
You are easily sold.

The perfect patriot.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627320 May 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see the Biblical justification for that claim.

Oh, and since Joseph wasn't actually his father...
And, at that time, the mother's lineage was not considered sine the mother was considered to be just the soil in which the seed was planted. The man was thought to be the provider of the entire being of the child.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627321 May 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
"Though nearly identical from Abraham to David, the two accounts are entirely different from David to Jesus. After David, only the names of Shealtiel and Zerubbabel appear on both lists.
Throughout the ages, scholars have pondered and argued over the reasons for the conflicting genealogies of Matthew and Luke, particularly since Jewish scribes were known for their precise and detailed record keeping. Skeptics are usually quick to attribute these differences to biblical errors."
http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsan...
That's a Christian site.
The source does not matter if the information is correct and Redneck is correct when he stated Matthew is David to Solomon (MT.1:6) and Luke through Nathan via David.(LK.3:31). So the common ground is David and they split with the two different sons. The ancients knew their history better than the moderns.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#627322 May 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
They stole it? From whom..and when did they steal it?
At what point this week will you be handing back the united states to the indigenous people of your country...the Falklands after all have no indigenous peoples.
I would gladly reverse time and fix the ills perpetuated by this country. Why the strawman? Are you turning Christian?

Waarom niet je domme Engels ezels uit het eiland eerste toegewezen door de Nederlandse?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#627323 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> The source does not matter if the information is correct and Redneck is correct when he stated Matthew is David to Solomon (MT.1:6) and Luke through Nathan via David.(LK.3:31). So the common ground is David and they split with the two different sons. The ancients knew their history better than the moderns.
Yeah, but it is all imaginary. We're you there?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#627324 May 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he may be correct on that one assertion, give him credit when he may be correct, it's such a rare thing.
Not even close, dude.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627325 May 29, 2013
saidI wrote:
SaidI Wrote: Australian Aboriginals goes back at least 60,000 years. One of the stories past down through the ages is of when darkness came to the land, and plants stopped growing, children became sick, people died. Scientist agree with them as volcanic activity at that time would have blotted out the sun.
You will need scholarly sources to back up your claim. My original claim was written human history as opposed to pictures on cave walls using questionable dating methods. If homo sapians were around 100 K years then they had no written history for 95 K years and there is no mention from the ancients man somehow connected to apelike creatures. It is all modern myth with zero ancient precedent.

Judged:

12

12

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#627326 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You will need scholarly sources to back up your claim. My original claim was written human history as opposed to pictures on cave walls using questionable dating methods. If homo sapians were around 100 K years then they had no written history for 95 K years and there is no mention from the ancients man somehow connected to apelike creatures. It is all modern myth with zero ancient precedent.
Are you for real?

"Australian Aboriginal culture can claim to be the oldest continuous living culture on the planet.

Recent dating of the earliest known archaeological sites on the Australian continent - using thermo-luminescence and other modern dating techniques - have pushed back the date for Aboriginal presence in Australia to at least 40,000 years. Some of the evidence points to dates over 60,000 years old."

http://www.didjshop.com/shop1/AbCulturecart.h...

Australia's Aboriginal culture probably represents the oldest surviving culture in the world, with the use of stone tool technology and painting with red ochre pigment dating back over 60,000 years. Australians never developed an "iron age", "bronze age", or pottery, and the terms "palaeolithic" (old stone age) and "neolithic" (new stone age) are not used in Australia, because stone technology did not progress in the same way as the rest of the world.
Aboriginal men sharpening stone axes on flat rock. PH 416/43, ABC TV Collection, Northern Territory Library.

Humankind's most ancient stone tool technology, the percussion method of chipping away at the edge of a rock to make a sharp edge for cutting, dates back 2.5 million years, and was still practiced by Aborigines until the 1960s and later.

http://www.aboriginalculture.com.au/introduct...

Australian Aboriginal Culture and History

Australian Aborigines existed in almost total isolation for at least 60,000 years. They had no written history so only fragments of Dreamtime stories, cave paintings and etchings remain to record their remarkable past. Only in the last few decades has a systemic investigation revealed the rich and complex culture that they possessed.

http://www.goingrank.com.au/aboriginal-austra...

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627327 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real?
"Australian Aboriginal culture can claim to be the oldest continuous living culture on the planet.
Recent dating of the earliest known archaeological sites on the Australian continent - using thermo-luminescence and other modern dating techniques - have pushed back the date for Aboriginal presence in Australia to at least 40,000 years. Some of the evidence points to dates over 60,000 years old."
http://www.didjshop.com/shop1/AbCulturecart.h...
Australia's Aboriginal culture probably represents the oldest surviving culture in the world, with the use of stone tool technology and painting with red ochre pigment dating back over 60,000 years. Australians never developed an "iron age", "bronze age", or pottery, and the terms "palaeolithic" (old stone age) and "neolithic" (new stone age) are not used in Australia, because stone technology did not progress in the same way as the rest of the world.
Aboriginal men sharpening stone axes on flat rock. PH 416/43, ABC TV Collection, Northern Territory Library.
Humankind's most ancient stone tool technology, the percussion method of chipping away at the edge of a rock to make a sharp edge for cutting, dates back 2.5 million years, and was still practiced by Aborigines until the 1960s and later.
http://www.aboriginalculture.com.au/introduct...
Australian Aboriginal Culture and History
Australian Aborigines existed in almost total isolation for at least 60,000 years. They had no written history so only fragments of Dreamtime stories, cave paintings and etchings remain to record their remarkable past. Only in the last few decades has a systemic investigation revealed the rich and complex culture that they possessed.
http://www.goingrank.com.au/aboriginal-austra...
None of that proves anything. They even admit they had no written history. What did the aboriginals evolve from? What happened to them? Do the aboriginals have any tradition of evolving from ape like creatures which went extinct? Are they fully human? Sub human? You have not proved anything and will not prove anything with nothing more than speculation and a story and a bunch of facts mixed with modern myth.

Since: Mar 11

Pascoe Vale, Australia

#627328 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> You will need scholarly sources to back up your claim. My original claim was written human history as opposed to pictures on cave walls using questionable dating methods. If homo sapians were around 100 K years then they had no written history for 95 K years and there is no mention from the ancients man somehow connected to apelike creatures. It is all modern myth with zero ancient precedent.
Yes but didn't you say regarding a comment that RR wrote, he didn't need the source if it were true. My comment is true :D

Since: May 11

UK

#627329 May 29, 2013
nurface wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet you wouldnt say that, if you was placed in the middle of a hot zone in Afganistan..
You would be pissing yourself, and screaming for help for a soldier to come save your sorry spineless azz!!!
They would shove your pathetic words back down your throat, and tell you that they put on that uniform so "you" dont have too, and they risk their LIFE and have giving theirt LIFE and fight for the very freedom you have, to set in your cosey little home behind a computer screen, and spew your stupidity and ignorance. They allow COWARDS like you unfortunantly, to have what you have today, you ungratefull dick!
What i wouldnt give to meet you one day..........
Thank you for that scintillating analysis.

...can we have a big hand for Lieutenant-General Roderick Armchair ladies and gentlemen.

...General Armchair...the armchair general.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 13 min karl44 8,409
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 46 min Ruby88 53,498
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr 2all 603,771
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 1 hr Mister Clean 29
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 41,178
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,417
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr ggn gay 588
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Into The Night 4,142
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web