Prove there's a god.

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#627346 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for real?
"Australian Aboriginal culture can claim to be the oldest continuous living culture on the planet.
Recent dating of the earliest known archaeological sites on the Australian continent - using thermo-luminescence and other modern dating techniques - have pushed back the date for Aboriginal presence in Australia to at least 40,000 years. Some of the evidence points to dates over 60,000 years old."
http://www.didjshop.com/shop1/AbCulturecart.h...
Australia's Aboriginal culture probably represents the oldest surviving culture in the world, with the use of stone tool technology and painting with red ochre pigment dating back over 60,000 years. Australians never developed an "iron age", "bronze age", or pottery, and the terms "palaeolithic" (old stone age) and "neolithic" (new stone age) are not used in Australia, because stone technology did not progress in the same way as the rest of the world.
Aboriginal men sharpening stone axes on flat rock. PH 416/43, ABC TV Collection, Northern Territory Library.
Humankind's most ancient stone tool technology, the percussion method of chipping away at the edge of a rock to make a sharp edge for cutting, dates back 2.5 million years, and was still practiced by Aborigines until the 1960s and later.
http://www.aboriginalculture.com.au/introduct...
Australian Aboriginal Culture and History
Australian Aborigines existed in almost total isolation for at least 60,000 years. They had no written history so only fragments of Dreamtime stories, cave paintings and etchings remain to record their remarkable past. Only in the last few decades has a systemic investigation revealed the rich and complex culture that they possessed.
http://www.goingrank.com.au/aboriginal-austra...
SaidI said, thank you for that info. The evidence is overwhelming.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#627347 May 29, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Why couldn't it take homo sapiens tens of thousands of years to invent writing? Picture drawing is a lot simpler than writing, and it's what children do before they're intellectually developed enough to start writing.
I guess lightbeam never heard that a picture speaks 1,000 words....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#627348 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Cut the crap. You're saying that every single post of yours only takes one minute to think out, to word the way you want to word it and then to type it?
I call BULLSH*T.
And there is the time you spend READING posts as well, RR and the time spent on the rare occasions you actually do your OWN research and then post that and/or post the links...
Are you really trying to fool not only others- but yourself- into believing you are only on Topix for a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes each day??
What's next? Gonna try to convince others- and yourself- that there really IS a bridge for sale in Brooklyn and swampland for sale in Florida?
Here goes 5 seconds...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627349 May 29, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
SaidI said, thank you for that info. The evidence is overwhelming.
Indeed it is- and you're very welcome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627350 May 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget all of the other activities associated with making a post. Reading a reply and all further replies, due diligence simple research if one doesn't want to appear like a bumbling idiot.
Your 70 minutes has suddenly gone up a little and I did say it was more like ninety posts, I was kind and included weekends in the average.
Thanks for being so kind.

(There went another ten seconds...)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627351 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what the hell are we supposed to believe when an atheist posts done ignorant bullshit about the bible and quotes straight from nobeliefs.com ?
This is your fallback? Bwahahaha. Face it, you're a damn hypocrite.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627352 May 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it was a completely serious question. From whom do you believe that the Falkland Islanders stole their home and when?
because there are certain misconceptions I've encountered which I would seek to correct, two of them are,
"The British kicked the Argentinians off the Falkland Islands which was their home and colonised it in 1982"
and another:
"The British invaded northern Ireland in the 1970's and colonised it"
I have no idea where these stupid ideas came from but both are major errors relating to reality.
If you are anti colonial then why are you not campaigning to have the united states returned to the indigenous tribes?
I would like the UK to return the Island of Diego Garcia to its indigenous population immediately, unfortunately the US Air Force has decided that it needs the island for another 100 years...they can have it back ...eventually.
That wasn't the strawman. Try to keep up.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627354 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, read all about them:
http://www.historycentral.com/wars.html
You missed so many!

http://academic.evergreen.edu/g/grossmaz/inte...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#627355 May 29, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>This is your fallback? Bwahahaha. Face it, you're a damn hypocrite.
That IS your claim....
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627357 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical 24-7 BS.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627358 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here goes 5 seconds...
Right- for a post of only 4 words which took no time to think about nor did you have to spend any time making your thoughts coherent.

STOP already.

Go.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627359 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus the ten seconds you spent to read his post and perhaps re-read it as well but no matter-

RR, you are on Topix at LEAST 5 hours a day every single day.

OWN it. It's a FACT about you.

Go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627360 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS your claim....
Yes, but you've proven my positive claim, hypocrite.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627361 May 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here goes 5 seconds...
That's what your wife said, which is why her new slogan is, "What can Brown do for me?"

Someone is driving into her Lincoln Tunnel while you steal time on Topix.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627362 May 29, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Why couldn't it take homo sapiens tens of thousands of years to invent writing? Picture drawing is a lot simpler than writing, and it's what children do before they're intellectually developed enough to start writing.
If it took them all that time to invent writing then what can we say about homo sapiens. OK let us assume it took them say 50 Thousand years to paint pictures and another say 45 thou to come to writing things down. I think we can safely assume homo sapiens were underachievers at best. If they had the ability to paint such graphic pictures along with the use of paint which would last 30 thousand years then why could they not write anything down? Nothing worth writing down for 95 thousand years? Not an earthquake or volcanic eruption to report to later generations? It is just as easy to speculate they were not around as long as the moderns would have us believe. Keep in mind there is zero ancient precedent for any of modern assumptions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#627363 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> None of that proves anything. They even admit they had no written history. What did the aboriginals evolve from? What happened to them? Do the aboriginals have any tradition of evolving from ape like creatures which went extinct? Are they fully human? Sub human? You have not proved anything and will not prove anything with nothing more than speculation and a story and a bunch of facts mixed with modern myth.
At least you admit there is a "bunch of facts", regarding Aboriginals of Australia!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627364 May 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I guess lightbeam never heard that a picture speaks 1,000 words....
Actually i have.

http://www.amightywind.com/abortionf/abortion...

No crime here? Legal abortion and its fruits.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627365 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i have.
Wow. Talk about a non sequitur.

1. We were talking about the origin of mankind and about proof of that prior to the written word.

2. Not interested in your doctored-up pics of abortion.

3. Not on this thread to discuss abortion.

4. There are at least two threads- and no doubt many more on Topix- about abortion.

5. You want to discuss abortion? Go to one of those threads.

In the MEANTIME, the detail, designs and images depicted on cave wall drawings were what were used to communicate prior to the invention of the written word.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627366 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually i have.
BTW, you committed the "crime" of TOTALLY changing what we were discussing because you are "guilty" of not being able to refute that humankind is MUCH older than you have deluded yourself into thinking it is and that is also true of human history and the absence of the written word prior to 5,000 years ago is IRRELEVANT.

And so is this post of yours to the ACTUAL topic at hand.

And in your quest to turn the entire world into Christians and godbots, so are YOU- IRRELEVANT.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#627367 May 29, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If it took them all that time to invent writing then what can we say about homo sapiens. OK let us assume it took them say 50 Thousand years to paint pictures and another say 45 thou to come to writing things down. I think we can safely assume homo sapiens were underachievers at best. If they had the ability to paint such graphic pictures along with the use of paint which would last 30 thousand years then why could they not write anything down? Nothing worth writing down for 95 thousand years? Not an earthquake or volcanic eruption to report to later generations? It is just as easy to speculate they were not around as long as the moderns would have us believe. Keep in mind there is zero ancient precedent for any of modern assumptions.
Small changes in knowledge stack upon each other and have effects on logarithmic or polynomial orders of magnitude rather than on a linear scale. Underachievers or not, we are still seeing the same level of knowledge increase (logarithmic/polynomial) due to increased efficiency in communication.

In laymans terms, our ways of communicating started out slow, but once it took off, it REALLY took off.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 64,110
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min RoSesz 654,105
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min LAWEST100 618,742
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 183,180
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 8 min abc 21
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min Student 45,244
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 106,548
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 281,882
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 21 hr Clive 80
More from around the web