Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Hounslow, UK

#627279 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I've answered that. The problem is not with the evidence and never has been. The problem is with the atheist who rejects evidence to protect his atheism. God is a theoretical construct as opposed to empirical construct. Let me quote from a book i am reading.
''If science can validly deal with physical objects that are completely outside ordinary experience (because they are not perceptible) and can employ theoretical constructs (not empirical concepts) to know something about these objects, then one cannot be precluded from employing theoretical constructs to deal with the question of God.''
''The existence of God explains why there is something rather than nothing; It explains the intelligibility and order of the universe; it explains the continuing existence of the universe; it explains the beginning of the universe; it explains the inherently mathematical model nature of the universe; it explains the existence of the laws of nature; it explains the beauty of the universe and the relationship between mathematical beauty and truth; it explains the existence of information; it explains the existence of free will and the ability to recognize good and evil;...''
Atheism on the other hand explains nothing.
Oh come on it's not difficult to grasp, provide evidence of god without a mealy mouthed essay.

Your god is the most powerful entity in the universe and he needs you to describe the subtle nuances of a spiral pattern in a flower to plead for someone to accept that his existence is even possible.

If your god is a quadratic equation then sorry, I can solve one of those either simultaneously or graphically, he doesn't impress me.

Hounslow, UK

#627280 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, it's called the funny bone...
Get a job deadbeat.

Hounslow, UK

#627281 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya that would be pretty pathetic.
Thank God it isn't me!
The evidence indicates that it is precisely you.

...but then you'll never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Hounslow, UK

#627282 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are different. Thank you.
"One of the most widely held theories suggests that Matthew's account follows the lineage of Joseph, while Luke's genealogy is that of Mary, the mother of Jesus."
Are you absolutely sure you have the correct translation there?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#627283 May 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Does knowing a god exist help to cure cancer? Did it help to cure Polio? Will it fly you to the Moon again? Nope.
Cancer and polio are the results of living in a fallen world. Man lives in the world he desires apart from God then not only whines about the consequences but also blames God. In biblical context disease slavery death poverty all these things and more are the result of disobedience to God who also promises blessings to those who seek Him. Eventually judgment comes down when the offenses reach a certain level. We accept the good and whine about adversity.
Deut. 15:4 There shall be no poor among you...

Hounslow, UK

#627284 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Like i said. You do not look for answers. You look to protect your atheism. You are not interested in the truth of the matter. You're great at sarcasm.
<quoted text> Special pleading is excuse making. A defense method to protect your atheism and shield yourself from the truth. All the ancients including the Greeks has God down as Infinite which means outside time. Not restricted by time and space the way creation is. Moderns would have us all believe all the ancients were wrong and they are right but why trust the moderns when they cling to a faith based proposition which explains nothing. You would put God in creation. Its like looking for Mark Twain inside Huck Finn and then to deny Mark Twain because He is not mentioned in Huck Finn. You simply do not care about evidence or truth and that means you are gutless.
Seriously?

Are you on dope?

The person doing the special pleading is you, on behalf of an absent god. Why does he need you to do this? Why is he hiding? LOL

Does he have bad skin or is he having a bad hair eon?

Hounslow, UK

#627285 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Cancer and polio are the results of living in a fallen world. Man lives in the world he desires apart from God then not only whines about the consequences but also blames God. In biblical context disease slavery death poverty all these things and more are the result of disobedience to God who also promises blessings to those who seek Him. Eventually judgment comes down when the offenses reach a certain level. We accept the good and whine about adversity.
Deut. 15:4 There shall be no poor among you...
Seek help, you're mental.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#627286 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was
<quoted text>
Yes we would've.
<quoted text>
Ya, it's all America's fault.
No, no, no... Don't you dare blame Hussein. He was a good man and the evil Empire of America went in illegally and kidnapped him.
*rolls eyes*
Why then haven't we taken out the Kim Jon"s from north Korea? How come we haven't killed off Mr. Syria. Saddam wasn't a great guy but do you think the mess we have made is better. Go ask that women who's baby is dead, if she is thankful.
Most wouldn't know where Kuwait was before the first gulf war, why would we?
It is America using those ugly weapons. Guns not good enough?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#627287 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been stationed in the Falkland Islands, I understand all too well.
The Falkland Islanders had no desire to be Argentinian.
Yeah but that's only because everybody there was from Engrand!
Everybody else was booted off 2 days prior to the vote. LOL

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#627288 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no "Bush Goverment", you moronic Canadian.
remember the guy with the "average american intellect"?

the republican hawk that you hired to find wars, eight years in a row, the man that could read from an upside-down book to 5 year olds while his goverment staged an attack on american soil?
Joe dugooder

Spencer, MA

#627289 May 28, 2013
Proof there's a god, god is not performing for you, me, or anybody else.if you we're in a crises rite now you would be trying to talk to him.

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com

Since: Apr 13

Toronto, Canada

#627290 May 28, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Your demand that someone prove there is a God will never happen,Apocalypse. It is literally an impossiblity. You either have the faith to believe in God or you do not. The answer is within each person as to whether He is real or a figment of our imagination.
xianity is EVIL

Walton, Canada

#627291 May 28, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
Proof there's a god, god is not performing for you, me, or anybody else.if you we're in a crises rite now you would be trying to talk to him.
WRONG
atheists dont talk to Imaginary things

sometimes I talk to myself,but only when I need expert opinion..LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#627292 May 28, 2013
Thinking Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing the existence of God is a personal choice and has nothing to do with the validity of scientific discoveries and technological advances. Science seeks to understand processes in relation to our lives and how we might progress. Science does not nullify the existence of God. It never will.
Science doesn't care about your god, or any of the other ones, because you have no verifiable or demonstrable evidence to support it. If you did, then that would become something science would be applied to just to know what's up with it .... still would have no benefit to knowing it does exist.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#627293 May 28, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
Sorry, but my imaginary friend vanished when I grew up.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627294 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you post more than I do.
But as a grey box, your posts aren't counted.
Imagine that.
You know that's a lie, but you're used to lying.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627295 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, The Biblewhat! Look out, world, Johanna Pedantic had a typo.
Because he's a former Christian means something?
So, you can't prove your positive claims. Check. Of course it means something, nitwit. It counters your ridiculous, unprovable claim that he got all his Biblical knowledge from "Atheist Websites". You're not very bright. Your god fugged you over. Brains? I thought you said trains.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627296 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been stationed in the Falkland Islands, I understand all too well.
The Falkland Islanders had no desire to be Argentinian.
True, because they stole it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#627297 May 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You know that's a lie, but you're used to lying.
Actually, he may be correct on that one assertion, give him credit when he may be correct, it's such a rare thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#627298 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> In effect you are. Both you and Paul cannot be correct when it comes to the subject at hand. Paul says Jesus resurrected and God exists. You say God does not exist and therefore Jesus did not resurrect and is not the Savior of humanity. That means one of you is wrong. <quoted text> I did answer your questions. You may not like the answer i gave but i have no control over that. <quoted text> Even if Paul was, as you say, crazy that does not mean the information is invalidated. The source does not matter if the information is correct. <quoted text> You might have a point. Most Christians have belief down as mental assent when belief and trust could in fact mean far more. An inward conviction clear to all. <quoted text> It was a different aspect of His character, not a total personalty change. Admittedly at different times God dealt with people in different ways but there are certain themes which remain throughout. You don't have to believe it to be true to understand it.
No, I am not and no you didn't. We know you by your fruits, and, your's are rotten.

You have no inward conviction that is clear. Your lies are your calling card. How do you know how your god dealt with people? Were you there? Were you hired as spokeswhore for your invisible friend. You can't have it both ways. You can't claim your god is imminently complex and unknowable and then presume to speak for it.

I understand it, alright. It is a pile of manure dressed up to herd the sheep and consolidate money and power and you lie for it because you are afraid your widdle ego is going to disappear.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 104,714
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 10 min Paul is dead 4,113
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min marge 641,622
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min ROCCO 38,289
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 32 min Ricky F 618,404
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min bad bob 182,292
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 55 min MUQ2 280,900
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 59 min MUQ2 44,395
More from around the web