harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#626729 May 27, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in a system where God has to punish his innocent "son" in order to forgive sinners. Where is the justice in that? You believe in a story where God was in a dilemma, man could just not get rid of sin! And so God thought to Himself "Hey! I got an idea, let me just kill my son, and it'll all be alright!"
Let alone fair, it's not even logical.
And it gets even worse when you try to assert that Jesus is God. So God thinks to Himself "Hmm, what should I do with all these criminal sinful humans? Hey! I got it! I'll just nail myself to a cross and everything will be fine!"
It's like a modern Greek mythology. Just kill God and then man will be saved!
Let's take that rapist example you gave. Imagine the absurdity, if that rapist was taken to court, and then the judge rules "And for your crime, I shall allow you to nail my innocent son to a cross. Once done, you are saved!"
That judge will probably be arrested and thrown into a mental asylum. And yet this is the kind of justice you believe in?
all formulated things must be destroyed for them to return to their undifferentiated state

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#626730 May 27, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't be giving a 6 month old baby ice cream.
That's not manipulation, it's pre-language engagement. A baby will let you know what it wants and when. I don't see why some dumb arse parent who chooses to give their baby ice cream should then discipline them when they request the ice cream in the only way they know how. Damn sugar is addictive stuff dude! In your example the parent would need discipline.
So when and how exactly, did you let your parents know you need beer?

:D

How ya doing Skitz? I hope you are well and have seen the light by now. Haha :)

Still praying for the Queen?

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#626731 May 27, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So when and how exactly, did you let your parents know you need beer?
:D
How ya doing Skitz? I hope you are well and have seen the light by now. Haha :)
Still praying for the Queen?
Hello mate :)

Well I let my parents know through the medium of theft. Basically I robbed dads beer.

I'm very well thank you, working hard and playing a lot less hard as I used to. I need to find a better balance these days!

I have seen many lights in the fog of a disco! Still not to sure about the answers of life, but still interested.

How are you keeping mate?

“Listen to the sounds”

#626732 May 27, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>all books are debatable even the quran is not agreed upon by all adherents.
muhammed got his info from an angel. angels are corruptible as are all manifested things. only the unmanifested is incorruptible.
It is a Christian belief that angels are corruptible. To Muslims, angels are completely incorruptible. They are a creation of God that does not have the quality of choice. They do not know what it is to choose anything.

There is nothing explicit in the Bible which says that Satan is an angel. The belief that Satan and his followers are angels is not one clearly stated from the Bible, but rather an interpolation, a conjecture.

To Muslims, Satan is a Jinn, not an angel.

The Quran is agreed upon by all adherents. Even though muslims have split themselves into Sunni, Shia, and Salafi sects, they all read and believe in the same Quran.

There are physically only two other Qurans in the world that are different from the standard Quran. Both are located in the Topkapy museum in Turkey, containing minor variations due simply to the fact that Bahraini and Yemeni Arabic is slightly different from Meccan and Medinan Arabic.

We do not have issues where entire verses and even entire chapters are thrown out and thrown in throughout the ages. And moreover, the Quran was memorized while Muhammed was alive, and compiled while his disciples were alive. It was compiled by Muhammed's disciples, who also speak Arabic.

By contrast, the Bible was never memorized, and was compiled 300 years after the time of Jesus and his disciples. And it was compiled by Romans who didn't speak a word of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#626733 May 27, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a Christian belief that angels are corruptible. To Muslims, angels are completely incorruptible. They are a creation of God that does not have the quality of choice. They do not know what it is to choose anything.
There is nothing explicit in the Bible which says that Satan is an angel. The belief that Satan and his followers are angels is not one clearly stated from the Bible, but rather an interpolation, a conjecture.
The Quran is agreed upon by all adherents. Even though muslims have split themselves into Sunni, Shia, and Salafi sects, they all read and believe in the same Quran.
There are physically only two other Qurans in the world that are different from the standard Quran. Both are located in the Topkapy museum in Turkey, containing minor variations due simply to the fact that Bahraini and Yemeni Arabic is slightly different from Meccan and Medinan Arabic.
We do not have issues where entire verses and even entire chapters are thrown out and thrown in throughout the ages. And moreover, the Quran was memorized while Muhammed was alive, and compiled while his disciples were alive. It was compiled by Muhammed's disciples, who also speak Arabic.
By contrast, the Bible was never memorized, and was compiled 300 years after the time of Jesus and his disciples. And it was compiled by Romans who didn't speak a word of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke.
no it is a belief by hindus, buddhists, christians, and all mystics that created things are corruptible.

you as a moslem believe that angels aren't but you forget that djinn are divine beings having become corrupted and lead by eblis/iblis. not all moslems agree with you.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#626734 May 27, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
and all moslems filter the quran through their experiences and understanding. same concept with any book. all things created by allah, god, zeus, or what ever perverted term you wish to use is imperfect and divine because it is not ABSOLUTE. only the ABSOLUTE is perfect.

the pentateuch was and still is required by the most devout to be set to memory and orally passed by the more devout. same thing with the vedas; which predates your quran by literally centuries.

jesus teachings were never put to pen. no true master ever wrote down his/her teachings. all came later by third party witnesses.

socrates, plato, pythagoras never penned any of their teachings

“Listen to the sounds”

#626735 May 27, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello mate :)
Well I let my parents know through the medium of theft. Basically I robbed dads beer.
I'm very well thank you, working hard and playing a lot less hard as I used to. I need to find a better balance these days!
I have seen many lights in the fog of a disco! Still not to sure about the answers of life, but still interested.
How are you keeping mate?
Life is getting hard for us all hey. I'm also very busy. I haven't been posting anywhere for a long time.

I'm keeping well otherwise.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#626736 May 27, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the book, the true teachings are not set in those written by the hands of men.

you quran is just another filter of the ONE true book; which allahs own hands conceived

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

that book is the revelation of SELF.

I AM that I AM

Isaiah 29:11
And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

Revelation 5:1
And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside(spine), sealed with seven seals(chakras).

the big wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

The universe is drawn in circles. The memory of chariot wheels clacking across small stones foreshadows the asp's death as he wraps himself around the wheel. He is crushed by its embrace. The air crackles when Ra is within. And sailors who've known only cities by the sea and the whip of the rope and sail, come to moor at last amid a crush of flowers, and rejoice and weep and go on. The days before and the days after fill with the odor of pomegranates; the heart ripens like fruit and falls and breaks. Sweet meat for the lips of gods. On such a day one glances into the sky and finds the eye of Ra looks back. One finds loaves of bread on fine reed mats and the eye of Ra looks back. The air crackles. The sun beats on and on and on.

or

the ophan

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#626737 May 27, 2013
susanblange wrote:
Here's one, "...and this is the name wherewith SHE shall be called, The Lord our righteousness. For thus saith the Lord; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel. Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man..." Jeremiah 33:15-18. God also has a womb, "Out of whose womb came the ice?" Job 38:29. You should read your bible, there's a lot more. OKJV.
I have no idea where you got that crap from...

Jeremiah 33:15-18

15 “‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

16 In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will live in safety. This is the name by which it[a] will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.’

17 For this is what the Lord says:‘David will never fail to have a man to sit on the throne of Israel, 18 nor will the Levitical priests ever fail to have a man to stand before me continually to offer burnt offerings, to burn grain offerings and to present sacrifices.’”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#626738 May 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you realize that nano's little theory is complete nonsense? Well, now you know. The notion that someone would abandon their sexual orientation to gain a quick "score" is laughable at best, and bigotry at worst.
Are you one of them morons who believe Hitler was a Christian? Bigotry my behind. Coming from the poison pen of a Topix non believer that is a real laugh. Any homosexual who refuses to abandon his practice is under judgement, both in this life and in the judgement to come. Homosexuality is a curse. People who embrace it as normal actually embrace a curse.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#626739 May 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Methodically killing because someone else tells you too is completely different than killing because you personally came to the decision.
That is what we are talking about here, and anyone can be put into a situation they would kill at some point or another.
I disagree and the evidence refutes your claim. There is nothing methodical about war. Killing in a war is an e,optional decision as killing in a crime of passion.

“Listen to the sounds”

#626740 May 27, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>no it is a belief by hindus, buddhists, christians, and all mystics that created things are corruptible.
you as a moslem believe that angels aren't but you forget that djinn are divine beings having become corrupted and lead by eblis/iblis. not all moslems agree with you.
What is your definition of a divine being? To us, there is a Creator, and everything that is not the Creator, is the creation. Well, at least in terms of conciousness, as per panentheistic thought. To us, angels, jinns, humans, are all creations of God the creator.

The Jinns have choice just like humans have choice. They can choose to be good and obedient, or evil and disobedient. The difference between humans and Jinns is that Jinns have more power. They can shape shift or remain invisible.

That is the mainstream belief of Sunnis and Shias alike. Of course there are numerous tiny groups believing some other things, but the mainstream is quite standard on this.

Location hidden

#626741 May 27, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>She said smack down, not around, idjit. I didn't write smack down.
Grammar Police!!!

Duck!

Location hidden

#626742 May 27, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the bottom of the religionist barrel - gay jokes.
You sickos will stop at nothing.
Ya....

'Cuz only "religionists" crack gay jokes, huh?

Location hidden

#626743 May 27, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>God has taken on human flesh and has a mother and father. "Where is the bill of your mothers divorcement, whom I have put away?" She died 5 years ago. The Messiahs' father is the re incarnation of Adam (Satan). He was the son of God and in this life is the father of God, he's the only one who could genetically bring Messiah/God into the world. He is also responsible for the "crucifixion" which was an act of neglect and torture in the Messiahs' childhood. He will be punished and executed by God for it. Isaiah 27:1. He was in the Guiness book of world records for the biggest "serpent" in the world.
M'kay...

Location hidden

#626744 May 27, 2013
Sharkey wrote:

A PERFECT GOD WOULD NOT CREATE IMPERFECT THINGS!
A PERFECT GOD SHOULD CREATE PERFECT THINGS!
God doesn't create according to your will...

Location hidden

#626745 May 27, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>So your god is a PERSON, then? A HUMAN?
Y'all keep talking about god as if "god" is a human male.
Does god have a penis?
She was talking about the historicity of Jesus, you moron.

Location hidden

#626746 May 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>What are you talking about? Why do you always do this childish nonsense? Do I tell you what your positions are?
Missionary

Doggie

Cowgirl

Reverse cowgirl (my fav)

Location hidden

#626747 May 27, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand how a vasectomy works.
Um....

Okay, dude. Ok.

Location hidden

#626748 May 27, 2013
huh wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand how time zones work, either. You were just discussing Bristish accents, twit. Just when it seems you can't be mor stupid, you lower the bar, Koresh.
See?

I told him that some knuckleheads wouldn't get the joke.

He did.

You didn't...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min DNF 95,548
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 5 min hockeydude48 44
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 543,174
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min bad bob 173,879
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min ChristINSANITY is... 227,931
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 min Insults Are Easier 259,751
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min Dally Mama 441,338
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 36 min waaasssuuup 601,199

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••