Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#627132 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> They don't conflict Einstein. Keep your day job. Human history disappears post 5 K years. Just drops right off according to the experts.
Are you that effing stupid?

Luke 23 - 28 and Matt 1:1.17 give completely different accounts - and those are for Joseph, who was not in any way related to Jesus the Bastard.

READ THE THING!!

The Borderland of Sol

#627133 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No there aren't, that's an atheist misconception.
They are different genealogies for different people.
See my last, you addlepated lackwit.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#627134 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Theism explains everything. Atheism explains nothing. Do you have comprehension problems?
Really? Theism explains everything? Just WHOSE everything?

The everything of Christian theists, or is it the everything of Jewish theists or is it the everything of Muslim theists or is it the everything of Buddhist theists or is it the everything of Shinto theists?

Just which theism explains everything?

And which explanation is the correct one- if any of them at all- which is highly doubtful.
Joseph is Jesus father

Upper Darby, PA

#627135 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an enormously crazy assumption.
I think the Young Earthers are nuts. The bible DOES give a genealogy, but it does NOT give a timeline.
It most certainly does. The Hebrew calendar starts at the creation of A&E...the 6th day.
It is now the year 5773.
According to christians the bible is inspired by their god.

So, are the young earthers the ones who were lying or was god?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627136 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> They don't conflict Einstein. Keep your day job. Human history disappears post 5 K years. Just drops right off according to the experts.
Okay- this is the SECOND time you've said human history disappears "post" five thousand years.

It would be "pre" five thousand years- as in BEFORE- and not "post" as in AFTER.

If it disappeared POST five thousand years that would mean human history disappeared AFTER 5000 years.

So YOU keep YOUR day job. Or at least learn the difference between "pre" and "post" and you're wrong anyway.

"The Stone Age or Paleolithic Period is the name archaeologists have given to the beginning of archaeology--that part of the earth's history that includes the genus Homo and our immediate ancestor Australopithecus. It began approximately 2.5 million years ago, in Africa, when Australopithecus began making stone tools, and ended about 20,000 years ago, with big-brained and talented modern humans spread all over the world. Traditionally, the Paleolithic period is broken into three parts, the Lower, Middle and Upper Paleolithic periods."

http://archaeology.about.com/od/temporalstudi...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627137 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And timn thinks America's made to be berated and put down.
" I think that's what she was made to do. " -timn
It was clearly evident to ME that what timn meant is that the USA is tough enough to take criticism.

I agree.

Sorry that YOU see the USA as such a "frail flower" that you do NOT agree.
Joseph is Jesus father

Upper Darby, PA

#627138 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> None of that changes the fact atheism explains nothing. Atheism has nothing to offer. When it comes to the big boy discussions of life atheism is nothing more than an assumption.
<quoted text> You take no God on faith. then probably deny it is faith or say something like you don't understand like atheism is some big mystery. All one needs to understand is atheism is really about nothing.
About nothing?
You mean like the tv show 'Seinfeld'?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#627139 May 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion does not kill a viable or sentient being.
Killing in war does. And WAY too many civilians are maimed, dismembered, injured, orphaned and KILLED in war.
And what is with this vague "protecting our freedom" business?
Just how did the illegal invasion of Iraq- in which well over 100,000 civilians were killed "protect our freedom"- or the freedom of those innocent Iraqi civilians who were killed for that matter?
And why don't you talk to any number of surviving family members and loved ones of those 100,000+ civilians who were killed in Iraq? You could tell him how "great" it is that the freedom of those civilians was "protected".
Pfft.
Unfortunately many of the U.S. populace has fallen into a trap of extremist nationalism. I speak to a lot of these guys and up till today they keep harping over 9/11. 9/11 was a tragic event, but many Americans think it is only tragedy worth remembering and talking about. Everyone knows full well how many people died in 9/11. It is so well talked about, well propagated.

Yet I asked many of them a straight question, of just approximately how many people died in Iraq directly as a result of the U.S. invasion. And they don't know! They cannot even give a rough estimate, yet that figure is in excess of 100000 civilians! And yet we must keep on and on talking about 9/11 and mourning those victims, as if they are the only victims in this century worth mourning.

No one mourns for those Iraqis. And even as the civilian death toll rose, still many Americans didn't care. It was only when U.S. soldiers began to die and when their deaths began to amount in the hundreds, then did the American populace protest the war.

The world has been watching in disgust of all these events, of this pan-American nationalist frenzy. The American people actually dishonoured those 9/11 victims. It's because of the American attitude and their war mongering, that no one has time for 9/11 victims anymore. We have moved on to mourn the tens of thousands of others killed at the hands of the U.S. government.

It is a great shame.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#627140 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that it's anyone's business, but I spend as much time doing my job that I need to to get it done 100%.
(I've told you that I've got the easiest job I've ever had...)
And no doubt the least challenging and most unrewarding job you've ever had as well.

How you reconcile that to a sense of pride and a job well done is quite a mystery to me.

And- a truly GOOD employee does their job 100 and TEN percent.

RR, it's evident that you get away with doing as little work as possible.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#627141 May 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
It's funny that there's actually someone who sits in here and gives out positive and negtive judgits without partaking in the conversation. Just assuming that ocb, aero, god, and mac aren't insta voting every single post.
Not me. The iPhone app doesn't have judge it's.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#627142 May 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he said it did.
That is the implication. He seems to think that evolution somehow negates the existence of God. In reality, all it does is negate church opinions on science.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#627143 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>F_ck you, Tim. You've got no respect and you don't understand that freedom isn't free.

F_ck off, loser.
Freedom doesn't exist.

The Borderland of Sol

#627144 May 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not me. The iPhone app doesn't have judge it's.
And I don't even use them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#627145 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>OMG you're pathetic.

100 year old quote from some obscure source is all you got?

FAIL
You're dissing 100 year old quotes while spouting "wisdom" from 4000 year old texts?

Really?!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#627146 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>And timn thinks America's made to be berated and put down.

" I think that's what she was made to do. " -timn
You can't fix the flaws without first recognizing them.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#627147 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>It has been done before and it is a waste of time.

What does atheism explain????

Theism explains everything. Atheism explains nothing. Theism wins by default because atheism is a no show.
That's truly feeble.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#627148 May 28, 2013
Joseph is Jesus father wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, god has a penis. Way before Israel was formed in the land of Canaan the god El walked along a beach and 2 women were amazed at the size of his wiener.
Some soft music was played with a couple of martinis and voila.
Baddabing Baddabang Baddaboom.
Those old gods sure knew how to live...lol
Is he circumcised?
Huh

Desoto, TX

#627149 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No there aren't, that's an atheist misconception.
They are different genealogies for different people.
Decoder ring alert.
Huh

Desoto, TX

#627150 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Theism explains everything. Atheism explains nothing. Do you have comprehension problems?
Philosophy: Questions that may never be answered. Religion: Answers that can not be questioned.

Uh, Porkpie, trying to explain a mystery with an even bigger mystery is nothing more than the logical fallacy known as special pleading. Fail.
Huh

Desoto, TX

#627151 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted something which showed you changed the goalposts and you cry "foul".
Please...don't talk to me about failure, failure is a middle aged man with a 70 post per day topix addiction and no job. LMFAO
Haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min New Age Spiritual... 667,790
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min RiversideRedneck 92,622
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Brian_G 445,568
partnership to support the poor and marginalise... 32 min Kwaku_serious 2017 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Pegasus 286,025
Looking for a Magnussen Home Valenza Bedroom Co... 1 hr Cochransngso 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 46,036
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 183,622
More from around the web