Prove there's a god.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#626949 May 27, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing.
We as Christians have the Holy Spirit that dwells inside of us, to give us that assurance of God through out the day every day. And we give ALL glory to God for his blessings, in everything we give thanks..
You wrote;
Of course they were corrupt. They began to think that piety is all about ritual. They used to think that the more ritualistic one becomes, the better a person they are, and that if people do wrong in this world, they can just make up for it by performing their rituals.
P23 writes;
Seems to me you have just contradicted yourself? What you have just described are rituals you perform every day and once a month in a year to " maintain or become" a better person...
How are your rituals different then those who you claim was "corrupt"? Are you not doing the same as them, doing good works and deeds, in the "hope" of allah granting you eternal life?
<quoted text>
So with that belief, you all spend your life praying and worshiping allah, and in return allah can either choose to send you to Hell or not.. wow..
Does the quran say this?
“None deems himself safe from Allah’s deception except men that perish”(Sura 7:99).
Allah is the best of deceivers”(Sura 3:54).
“Allah leads astray whomsoever He wills”(Sura 14:4).
If so, then why would you want to serve or believe that God of the OT is this kind of God?? How do you know Allah has not decieved you??
<quoted text>
I disagree, they are more then "just" people to Christians "I" believe the prophets of old was "ordained" and chosen by God to do his will, they was anointed and had a greater purpose and a special calling to carry out God's plan for his creation. Your belief are in some way very simalar to the Jewish beliefs, on the part of "still" awaiting for the Messiah to come.
<quoted text>
You have your opinion, as do i. But Christians (followers of Jesus) know exactly what the Holy Spirit is.
Had to delete your latter part for space..sry.
Some of our rituals are quite similar to old Abrahamic and Jewish rituals. But the key difference is the intention behind the rituals. Anything done with the wrong intention, even the best of deeds done with the wrong intention, is of no use.

You have not tried such rituals, and so do not know the full implications. For example, take the muslim ritual of fasting from dawn till dusk for one month in the year. Now it doesn't take a genius to realise that we should care for the poor, or remain humble. You don't need ritual to figure that out. But when we fast, we insight into the life of a destitute person. The sustained hunger and sleeplessness. We get an idea of what it does to our psychology over time, we get more stressed, more anxious, more despondent and having feelings of despair, we get more impatient and angry. And as a result, it teaches us not to judge people, and that we are only as good as Allah wills us to be. To help those less fortunate, one has to understand those less fortunate. One cannot simply just start a fund and give donations. One has to understand their thinking and their needs.

I don't know where you got that translation from. If you go quran.com , and read the multiple translations of those same verses, Allah is decribed as a planner, or schemer. Not a deceiver. Be that as it may, Allah does lead certain people astray. I know, because He led me astray. He leads certain people astray because there is something He wants them to learn, some quality He wants them to achieve. My life was very cocooned a few years ago. I ended up becoming very closed minded, but I eventually lost my faith and became an atheist. And yet during that time, I learnt more about Islam than I had ever learnt before while being a Muslim. And when I eventually believed again, my belief was stronger than ever before.

To Muslims, Prophets are the best God's creation. The most intelligent, most pious, and most knowledgable. But they are ultimately still creation.
d pantz

United States

#626950 May 27, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>No.
It is you that claim this god is "so powerful". Then why hasn't cancer been cured by this god, then with all that "power"?
Why didn't your god create us to live forever?
Why didn't your god stop cancer in the first place?
I'm agnostic so all I claim is that you and I don't know. Only difference is you don't act like it. You're about as annoying and limited as your religious counterpart. If there is a god maybe cancer is a cure, for the earth. But you don't know and neither does anyone else. Going on about it cures nothing. Bye now, have fun wasting your time trying to piss off a bunch of zealots! LOL!

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#626951 May 27, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed we do. Though I have trouble believing that a change of politicians would accomplish much, in the US anyway. I think the main problem in the US is the godforsaken idea that money is literally free speech.
The problem isn't money. The problem is the greed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#626952 May 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL the people in Europe and Asia do not even add up to the grains of sand on one moderately sized beach in America….Santa Monica beach would be a good example..:-)
The exile in Babylon is where the Hebrew/Jewish religion was born apparently. Many scholars believe that the Pentateuch was written there by various authors as a pious fraud to bring the people together after the exile.
And where do you get this information that the Messiah will be American? It’s amazing that people down through history have all at one time or another decided that it’s their time when the Messiah, the Antichrist, or the End Times will be in their lifetime. Probably happened a hundred times.
Hell, I’m American of European descent.
The sand of the sea, stars in heaven and the dust of the earth just means they would be very populous, of course it's not literal. I was actually saved from drowning by a dolphin at Santa Monica beach in the summer of 1964 when I was two. "The actors and jesters are here" (Supertramp) and we're all American. We (USA) are Joseph/Ephraim/Israel. The only one left to be identified is David and it's possible he could be from the middle east or Europe. Supertramp is the Rock that begat me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Listen to the sounds”

#626953 May 28, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed we do. Though I have trouble believing that a change of politicians would accomplish much, in the US anyway. I think the main problem in the US is the godforsaken idea that money is literally free speech.
It is not just an idea. It is law. Do you know how lobbying operates? You get the AIPAC lobby, the Arms lobby, even a Greenpeace lobby. What is lobbying?

Lobbying is a system of legalized bribery. If you have enough money, you can put it towards the government and in exchange, government can change policy to suite you. That is how lobbying works. The U.S. government is slavishly in support of Zionism, because of the AIPAC lobby. No one cares what anyone else says. Greenpeace has been dancing all over for years getting relatively little done, overall loosing the war against polluting industries, because these industries formed powerful lobbies. Only now Greenpeace has become a powerful lobby, and they are getting things done.

In the U.S. unfortunately, money has literally become free speech. The U.S. isn't of course the only country that has fallen into this trap. Lots of countries have legalized bribery, politely calling it lobbying. The constitutional court has in practice, lost a lot of power because of lobbying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#626954 May 28, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.

the evidence of the existance of GOD is all around you....cant you see it?
of course you can...
you prob. think your denial makes you appear sexxe, or manly.....lol
it doesnt..
real men love JESUS, havent ya heard that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#626955 May 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>We shall know you by your fruits.
And there are plenty of them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

London, UK

#626956 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe God created Himself so I can't entertain that question.
Your god requires special pleading to exist even as an idea.
You lost before you even started. LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626957 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, ASSumptive Huh doesn't know that RR's at work and his kids are home asleep.
That`s even more difficult to believe than sky daddy the adult santa.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626958 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't get upset that I don't work for a Nazi slave driving boss...
I am a member of the Independent Bar, I am my boss.

Your posting average is the same as that `pig farmer` who used to frequent these parts, he tried to convince everyone that there were 36 hours in a day so he could maintain the illusion that he was employed.

....Odd how he disappeared right around the same time you showed up.

Or maybe he found employment right around the time you lost yours. LMFAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626959 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You claim to believe "the EVIDENCE", right?
I believe you.
But where's your evidence that "god did not do it"?
Or is it you believe the EVIDENCE for what you want and you believe the LACK OF EVIDENCE for what fits?
Where is my evidence that god did not do it?

Where is the evidence that my dog did not do it? There is none...therefore my dog is the creator of the universe.

Your poor children.....LMAO.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobody

Irving, TX

#626960 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god requires special pleading to exist even as an idea.
You lost before you even started. LMAO
I like the way you answer with kindness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobody

Irving, TX

#626961 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is my evidence that god did not do it?
Where is the evidence that my dog did not do it? There is none...therefore my dog is the creator of the universe.
Your poor children.....LMAO.
You enjoy cutting people down don't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626962 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for a god, TO YOU.
There's also no evidence of a common ancestor, but I'll bet you believe that.
There is a deluge of evidence of common ancestry. Genetics, Universal biochemical organisation and molecular variance patterns, DNA sequencing, Endogenous retroviruses, Proteins, Pseudogenes, genome and gene duplication, horizontal gene transfer and so on.

The evidence of god on this thread is reduced to the testimony of some jobless chap....who had a feeling, possibly after a rather strong chilli con carne.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Listen to the sounds”

#626963 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a deluge of evidence of common ancestry. Genetics, Universal biochemical organisation and molecular variance patterns, DNA sequencing, Endogenous retroviruses, Proteins, Pseudogenes, genome and gene duplication, horizontal gene transfer and so on.
The evidence of god on this thread is reduced to the testimony of some jobless chap....who had a feeling, possibly after a rather strong chilli con carne.
Why do you think that disproving the Catholic and Anglican church equates to disproving the existence of God?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#626964 May 28, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist: Is the disbelief in a God or Gods. It isn't a faith based assumption!
Yes it is. The faith based assumption is no God. No Intelligence behind it all.
What it explains is the person claiming to be Atheist doesn't believe in God. It's that simple mate. No other explanation is needed.
Yeah i think we understand all that. What i think you ignore is atheism offers nothing by way of explanation for anything.
Yes, religion explains why were here,
And that is an important difference. An explanation is offered and not avoided or ignored. Atheism effectively renders it all meaningless. Atheism is mute.
so we can all have very ugly deaths when Armageddon happens and you see your loved one's in unbelievable pain, you join them of course, cause you all gotta die before your saved, and isn't that by fire?
We know why humans believe in a god. A pity you don't.
Atheists despise a God they do not believe exists. That brings up some interesting psychological consequences. Sort of like ranting and raving against Santa. Your reasons depicted indicate the whole God thing is somehow reprehensible to you but that does not demonstrate there is no God. God can be reprehensible to you and still exist! In other words, outrage is not a valid justification for atheism if one is interested in the truth of the matter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626965 May 28, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that disproving the Catholic and Anglican church equates to disproving the existence of God?
All gods are as one.

And equally imaginary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#626966 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is. The faith based assumption is no God. No Intelligence behind it all. <quoted text> Yeah i think we understand all that. What i think you ignore is atheism offers nothing by way of explanation for anything.
<quoted text> And that is an important difference. An explanation is offered and not avoided or ignored. Atheism effectively renders it all meaningless. Atheism is mute. <quoted text> Atheists despise a God they do not believe exists. That brings up some interesting psychological consequences. Sort of like ranting and raving against Santa. Your reasons depicted indicate the whole God thing is somehow reprehensible to you but that does not demonstrate there is no God. God can be reprehensible to you and still exist! In other words, outrage is not a valid justification for atheism if one is interested in the truth of the matter.
Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#626967 May 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't money. The problem is the greed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very true.

People often misquote by saying: Money is the root of all evil.

But that's not the quote- the quote is: For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

While I don't buy into the majority of bible scripture, the above is certainly true enough.

Greed is a terrible thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626968 May 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Very true.
People often misquote by saying: Money is the root of all evil.
But that's not the quote- the quote is: For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
While I don't buy into the majority of bible scripture, the above is certainly true enough.
Greed is a terrible thing.
Sounds better in Latin: "Cupiditas radix omnes malorum est"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 37,867
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Rosesz 641,254
Playboy (Feb '15) 47 min ssewda34 13
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,076
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 1 hr PROUD TO BE SERB ... 88
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Steve III 44,305
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Steve III 618,360
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Anna 104,617
More from around the web