Prove there's a god.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#626954 May 28, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.

the evidence of the existance of GOD is all around you....cant you see it?
of course you can...
you prob. think your denial makes you appear sexxe, or manly.....lol
it doesnt..
real men love JESUS, havent ya heard that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#626955 May 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>We shall know you by your fruits.
And there are plenty of them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

London, UK

#626956 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe God created Himself so I can't entertain that question.
Your god requires special pleading to exist even as an idea.
You lost before you even started. LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626957 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, ASSumptive Huh doesn't know that RR's at work and his kids are home asleep.
That`s even more difficult to believe than sky daddy the adult santa.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626958 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh don't get upset that I don't work for a Nazi slave driving boss...
I am a member of the Independent Bar, I am my boss.

Your posting average is the same as that `pig farmer` who used to frequent these parts, he tried to convince everyone that there were 36 hours in a day so he could maintain the illusion that he was employed.

....Odd how he disappeared right around the same time you showed up.

Or maybe he found employment right around the time you lost yours. LMFAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626959 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
You claim to believe "the EVIDENCE", right?
I believe you.
But where's your evidence that "god did not do it"?
Or is it you believe the EVIDENCE for what you want and you believe the LACK OF EVIDENCE for what fits?
Where is my evidence that god did not do it?

Where is the evidence that my dog did not do it? There is none...therefore my dog is the creator of the universe.

Your poor children.....LMAO.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobody

Irving, TX

#626960 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god requires special pleading to exist even as an idea.
You lost before you even started. LMAO
I like the way you answer with kindness.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobody

Irving, TX

#626961 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is my evidence that god did not do it?
Where is the evidence that my dog did not do it? There is none...therefore my dog is the creator of the universe.
Your poor children.....LMAO.
You enjoy cutting people down don't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626962 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for a god, TO YOU.
There's also no evidence of a common ancestor, but I'll bet you believe that.
There is a deluge of evidence of common ancestry. Genetics, Universal biochemical organisation and molecular variance patterns, DNA sequencing, Endogenous retroviruses, Proteins, Pseudogenes, genome and gene duplication, horizontal gene transfer and so on.

The evidence of god on this thread is reduced to the testimony of some jobless chap....who had a feeling, possibly after a rather strong chilli con carne.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#626963 May 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a deluge of evidence of common ancestry. Genetics, Universal biochemical organisation and molecular variance patterns, DNA sequencing, Endogenous retroviruses, Proteins, Pseudogenes, genome and gene duplication, horizontal gene transfer and so on.
The evidence of god on this thread is reduced to the testimony of some jobless chap....who had a feeling, possibly after a rather strong chilli con carne.
Why do you think that disproving the Catholic and Anglican church equates to disproving the existence of God?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#626964 May 28, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist: Is the disbelief in a God or Gods. It isn't a faith based assumption!
Yes it is. The faith based assumption is no God. No Intelligence behind it all.
What it explains is the person claiming to be Atheist doesn't believe in God. It's that simple mate. No other explanation is needed.
Yeah i think we understand all that. What i think you ignore is atheism offers nothing by way of explanation for anything.
Yes, religion explains why were here,
And that is an important difference. An explanation is offered and not avoided or ignored. Atheism effectively renders it all meaningless. Atheism is mute.
so we can all have very ugly deaths when Armageddon happens and you see your loved one's in unbelievable pain, you join them of course, cause you all gotta die before your saved, and isn't that by fire?
We know why humans believe in a god. A pity you don't.
Atheists despise a God they do not believe exists. That brings up some interesting psychological consequences. Sort of like ranting and raving against Santa. Your reasons depicted indicate the whole God thing is somehow reprehensible to you but that does not demonstrate there is no God. God can be reprehensible to you and still exist! In other words, outrage is not a valid justification for atheism if one is interested in the truth of the matter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626965 May 28, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that disproving the Catholic and Anglican church equates to disproving the existence of God?
All gods are as one.

And equally imaginary.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#626966 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is. The faith based assumption is no God. No Intelligence behind it all. <quoted text> Yeah i think we understand all that. What i think you ignore is atheism offers nothing by way of explanation for anything.
<quoted text> And that is an important difference. An explanation is offered and not avoided or ignored. Atheism effectively renders it all meaningless. Atheism is mute. <quoted text> Atheists despise a God they do not believe exists. That brings up some interesting psychological consequences. Sort of like ranting and raving against Santa. Your reasons depicted indicate the whole God thing is somehow reprehensible to you but that does not demonstrate there is no God. God can be reprehensible to you and still exist! In other words, outrage is not a valid justification for atheism if one is interested in the truth of the matter.
Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#626967 May 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem isn't money. The problem is the greed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very true.

People often misquote by saying: Money is the root of all evil.

But that's not the quote- the quote is: For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

While I don't buy into the majority of bible scripture, the above is certainly true enough.

Greed is a terrible thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626968 May 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Very true.
But that's not the quote- the quote is: For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
While I don't buy into the majority of bible scripture, the above is certainly true enough.
Sounds better in Latin: "Cupiditas radix omnes malorum est"...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626969 May 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds better in Latin: "Cupiditas radix omnes malorum est"...
LOL!! I think no matter what language one uses, the message comes through loud and clear although maybe not loud and clear enough given how greed has corrupted so many.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#626970 May 28, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Very true.
Hey OCB :)

I hope you are well.

I think it's close, but still no cookie. The Prophet Muhammed said it more accurately. "Love of the world is the root of all evil".

There is a subtle but important difference. Physically, money is worthless. I cannot even wipe my butt in comfort using money. It's a worthless piece of paper. Money in and of itself, is worthless. But money is important, because it can be traded for things that have some worth, things that add value to life.

Money is just a liquid commodity. Accurately speaking, no one really likes money, let alone loves money. Accurately speaking, people love what money can buy. They love what money can be traded for. Money can be traded for food, clothes, a house, a car, a boat, certain services etc. Worldly, material items, that bring people value and comfort in life.

But when we love these material items too much, then it becomes destructive. People can choose to buy a sports car, over their children's education, or buying a fancy mansion, over investing in a business that'll create employment for others.

A moral or ethical balance has to be attained. People aren't greedy for money. They're greedy for what money can buy, however unnecessary it may be.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

London, UK

#626971 May 28, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You`re saying that the Catholic and Anglican Communions do not exist?

I think the pope and the archbishop of Canterbury may disagree with you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626972 May 28, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey OCB :)
I hope you are well.
I think it's close, but still no cookie. The Prophet Muhammed said it more accurately. "Love of the world is the root of all evil".
There is a subtle but important difference. Physically, money is worthless. I cannot even wipe my butt in comfort using money. It's a worthless piece of paper. Money in and of itself, is worthless. But money is important, because it can be traded for things that have some worth, things that add value to life.
Money is just a liquid commodity. Accurately speaking, no one really likes money, let alone loves money. Accurately speaking, people love what money can buy. They love what money can be traded for. Money can be traded for food, clothes, a house, a car, a boat, certain services etc. Worldly, material items, that bring people value and comfort in life.
But when we love these material items too much, then it becomes destructive. People can choose to buy a sports car, over their children's education, or buying a fancy mansion, over investing in a business that'll create employment for others.
A moral or ethical balance has to be attained. People aren't greedy for money. They're greedy for what money can buy, however unnecessary it may be.
Hi TT! Yes- life is good!

Good points in your post, but I DO love the world which is different from loving worldly possessions.....

But I think it goes without saying that the love of money means one loves what money can buy.

Anyway, the bottom line is greed. There is nothing wrong with needing money for the basic necessities or to even love money in order to be able to pay for those basic necessities.

It's when people have more money than they or their loved ones can spend in TEN lifetimes- never mind just ONE- and they still thirst for more, more, more.

That is the epitome of greediness and greediness at its absolute worst.

Hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods!

:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#626973 May 28, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it is. The faith based assumption is no God. No Intelligence behind it all. <quoted text> Yeah i think we understand all that. What i think you ignore is atheism offers nothing by way of explanation for anything.
<quoted text> And that is an important difference. An explanation is offered and not avoided or ignored. Atheism effectively renders it all meaningless. Atheism is mute. <quoted text> Atheists despise a God they do not believe exists. That brings up some interesting psychological consequences. Sort of like ranting and raving against Santa. Your reasons depicted indicate the whole God thing is somehow reprehensible to you but that does not demonstrate there is no God. God can be reprehensible to you and still exist! In other words, outrage is not a valid justification for atheism if one is interested in the truth of the matter.
Fallacious, you are not us so why do you purport to speak for us, we are all different and unique. Thus, you are either a liar or simply deluded.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 26 min Snake Eyes 25,620
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr LordofDarkness 6,445
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 4 hr Frank 301
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 7 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 8 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 8 hr juliakk 185
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 9 hr Johnny 35
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web