|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from the UK. We have also a huge variation in accents. Yeah like American accents, it's just I struggle with spelling anyway, let alone have to deal with an American spell check! LOL.
I quite like the Cally accent as it goes :)
The worst Brit accent has to be the Birmingham accent. Google it.
Will do, thanks.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Joseph is Jesus father wrote:
<quoted text>
So god is a male gender but was never created?
We were all created in the image of God, male and female. If God is both male and female, and is not a hermaphrodite, God must be female. Eve was created from a rib taken from Adam and was called Woman because she was taken out of Man. Women are also men but men are not women. The serpent was an earthly creation for sexual purposes.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers buddy!
Hope you've been well recently!
Just killing some time :)
Hi, Skitz!

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're saying.
The responsibility is entirely on the adult. It isn't initially manipulation. Not well into their childhood at least. This is where we will differ RR. I believe until well into childhood it is learned behaviour.
(I keep getting red lined for my spelling of behaviour. American spell check on chrome spins my brain out. I think it's me, then I realise((Realise is another one)) you guys don't do 'u' as much in words and you prefere z'ds to s). Confusing.
I do that, too.

Heck with Spellcheck.

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I do that, too.
Heck with Spellcheck.
Hi Mac!

Nice to see you bud! The spell check bends my head. God knows it struggles anyway!!

How the devil are you chap?

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We were all created in the image of God, male and female. If God is both male and female, and is not a hermaphrodite, God must be female. Eve was created from a rib taken from Adam and was called Woman because she was taken out of Man. Women are also men but men are not women. The serpent was an earthly creation for sexual purposes.
What were they doing with the serpent?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what? One day you don't know how to manipulate and then another day *poof* you know how to manipulate?
Babies learn how to manipulate a very young age, they're intelligent, they're human.
I don't know at exactly what age we learn how to manipulate, but I would imagine it happens sometime after the object permanence realization, at the least. You're muddying the issue. I can't say *when* exactly we learn to manipulate, but I can say with confidence that manipulation is not possible at 6 months. A theory of mind may be necessary for *true* manipulation, honestly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Btw, the object permanence thing was a joke. *Obviously* the ability to manipulate happens after that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac!
Nice to see you bud! The spell check bends my head. God knows it struggles anyway!!
chrome://settings/languages

If you copy that into your address bar, you can add european english as your preferred language. Seems like your copy of chrome is set to american english.

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
Btw, the object permanence thing was a joke.*Obviously* the ability to manipulate happens after that.
I can't remember when the theory of mind kicks in roughly but I think it's around two. I know doctors perform a test where they have two dolls that are playing with a toy. They have one of the dolls leave the room and whilst they are no longer in the room the other doll hides the toy under a box. When the other doll comes back into the room they ask the child where the doll thinks the toy is. Young children tend to think the doll that had left the room knows the toy is hidden under the box. When the theory of mind kicks in a child will say she does not know where the toy is.

Interesting subject. Thanks for bringing that up.

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>chrome://settings/lang uages
If you copy that into your address bar, you can add european english as your preferred language. Seems like your copy of chrome is set to american english.
Many thanks!

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

ftp://ftp.geoinfo.tuwien.ac.at /wilke/BUP_Job_GeoInfo/PhD/Flo rian/PhD%20on%20Florian%20Twar och%20(Gi16)/LITERATURE/2001_B C_normdevelopment.pdf

This is based around Autism and the difficulties in the theory of mind.

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

http://www.americanscientist.org/bookshelf/pu...

The other link wont work, but this is good too.

The link about Autism said it develops around the age of 3-4 in typical children.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't remember when the theory of mind kicks in roughly but I think it's around two. I know doctors perform a test where they have two dolls that are playing with a toy. They have one of the dolls leave the room and whilst they are no longer in the room the other doll hides the toy under a box. When the other doll comes back into the room they ask the child where the doll thinks the toy is. Young children tend to think the doll that had left the room knows the toy is hidden under the box. When the theory of mind kicks in a child will say she does not know where the toy is.
Interesting subject. Thanks for bringing that up.
Very interesting stuff, thanks for the link below this.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac!
Same as mostly - so far, so good.

How's by you?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>chrome://settings/lang uages
Is there a way to just turn the damned thing off?

Dodge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Same as mostly - so far, so good.
How's by you?
Ticking over nicely mate. I don't get much time to get online these days. It's nice to be able to dip in now and again, but it's terrible for my sleeping patterns! I'm off to France and Germany for a bit at the end of the summer with work for awhile. Hopefully I'll be able to put some time in here prior to that.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ticking over nicely mate. I don't get much time to get online these days. It's nice to be able to dip in now and again, but it's terrible for my sleeping patterns! I'm off to France and Germany for a bit at the end of the summer with work for awhile. Hopefully I'll be able to put some time in here prior to that.
Wine, cheese, and decent beer.

Not too shabby.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Is there a way to just turn the damned thing off?
You can right click and select "spell checker option" and then un check spell check, but I don't know if this is a temporary or permanent fix. Also, if there are certain words that you use a lot that chrome highlights, you can right click them and add them to the dictionary.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You can right click and select "spell checker option" and then un check spell check, but I don't know if this is a temporary or permanent fix. Also, if there are certain words that you use a lot that chrome highlights, you can right click them and add them to the dictionary.
*sigh*
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 594,621 - 594,640 of716,428
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

373 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 min petesake 114,618
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 min MUQ1 36,391
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 223,169
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min River Tam 598,743
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 32 min Gabric 62
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 41 min ali 332
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 43 min The Awakener 171,443
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 529,972
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 255,692