“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#626357 May 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
Not until you explain why the universe would NEED anyone "to create it" and WHERE that "someone" came from.
I never made that claim, so why should I explain it?!

You made the claim that the universe created itself. Explain that...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626358 May 25, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>A baby lurching back and flinging his head is not manipulation, and a 6-month old isn't even old enough to be eating ice cream or even sitting up in a high chair.
You're not fooling anyone with this bullsh!t.
Ok, man....

Ok...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626359 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easier than that mate.
Lets say your at home drinking a cup of tea at home when the door knocks. You look through the spy glass to see a mormon standing there in his ill fitting suit. You think to yourself "Shit a bloody mormon, what could be worse?". When you open the door to tell him to fuck off you realise around the corner there is another one stood there. Now there are Two mormons and you day just got that little bit worse. Twice as worse!
Ok, wait,'spy glass'??

We call it a peep hole.

Odd...

“Just a very naughty boy.”

Since: Dec 08

Dodge

#626360 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I never gave my kids ice cream at that age, I only used it as an example.
However, you raise a good point; "when they request the ice cream in the only way they know how".
Whether it be ice cream, SpongeBob or the favorite blankie, no parent should succumb to the baby's whims just because they cry, that's how the manipulation starts.
But it's not manipulation. We are instinctive in seeking the things that please us.

Children aren't born with social etiquette.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626362 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not manipulation. We are instinctive in seeking the things that please us.
Children aren't born with social etiquette.
I know that. They learn as they age.

But if a baby learns that by crying, mommy will do what I want (like get that favorite doll), they learn how to manipulate very quickly.

Babies are ignorant, but they sure aren't stupid.

Dodge

#626363 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But if a baby learns that by crying, mommy will do what I want (like get that favorite doll), they learn how to manipulate very quickly.
I know what you're saying.

The responsibility is entirely on the adult. It isn't initially manipulation. Not well into their childhood at least. This is where we will differ RR. I believe until well into childhood it is learned behaviour.

(I keep getting red lined for my spelling of behaviour. American spell check on chrome spins my brain out. I think it's me, then I realise((Realise is another one)) you guys don't do 'u' as much in words and you prefere z'ds to s). Confusing.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#626364 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see a 6 month (or so) baby lurch in his mother's arms? You know, quickly arch his back and fling his bead back?
Ever seen a 6 month (or so) baby throw her food off of the high chair because it's not ice cream?
When they do those sorts of things, that's manipulation. That's when it needs to be disciplined. No matter at what age.
No, it's not. One must be able to understand the concept of manipulation to be able to manipulate.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626365 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The responsibility is entirely on the adult. It isn't initially manipulation. Not well into their childhood at least. This is where we will differ RR. I believe until well into childhood it is learned behaviour.
(I keep getting red lined for my spelling of behaviour. American spell check on chrome spins my brain out. I think it's me, then I realise((Realise is another one)) you guys don't do 'u' as much in words and you prefere z'ds to s). Confusing.
Where are you from? Do you like American accents? Have you heard the different accents throughout America, like a southwest accident or a New York accent or a Californian accent?

I find foreign accents, what's foreign to me anyway, interesting.

Dodge

#626366 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you from? Do you like American accents? Have you heard the different accents throughout America, like a southwest accident or a New York accent or a Californian accent?
I find foreign accents, what's foreign to me anyway, interesting.
I'm from the UK. We have also a huge variation in accents. Yeah like American accents, it's just I struggle with spelling anyway, let alone have to deal with an American spell check! LOL.

I quite like the Cally accent as it goes :)

The worst Brit accent has to be the Birmingham accent. Google it.

Location hidden

#626367 May 25, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was more then just "theft" that took place at that giving time. If you would read the story you would see that. Achan was a "soldier" who disobeyed a diret order, and not only stole from the enemy, but he stole from God as well. He was guilty for 2 different accounts of theft,as well as disobeying wat God had commanded them to do. He kept the gold and silver and other stuff for himself, that was suppose to have been taken to the Lord's house. In return cause some of his fellow soldiers to be killed by his actions.
<quoted text>
Again, NO i did not say that i support public execution,, you LIAR.. This is what i take issue with dimwitt, you are saying i do, and i dont!!!! I said back in those days it was a deterrent
just like the wiki link said it was, because the evidence to prove someone was guilty of a crime that was punishable by stoning was SET AT SUCH A HIGH STANDARD and was almost impossile to acheive.
<quoted text>
OK,,... So tell us what your form of justice should be giving to GUILTY person in my example i gave you?
<quoted text>
Read the story, like i said it was more then just "theft" that made it justifiable to give that punishment in those days..
You have your right for your opinion, but thats all it is. Just like mine, and my opinion is that GOD is JUST and FAIR in his way of dealing with Sin and circumstances.
Sure, you have your right to an opinion. Opinions can be wrong, however. I am loathe to offer straight up black and white morality directives, but in this case, you are wrong. There is nothing moral or right about sentencing a man to death for theft. It becomes pure sadism when his entire family is sentenced along with him. Also, insubordination does not warrant death, especially insubordination to a fictional character.

You did advocate for public execution. Do I need to quote you yet again? You mentioned the example of public stoning in ancient times as an effective deterrent, and then you said that "we could use something like that in modern times - a swift execution." I am paraphrasing you slightly, but that is nearly an exact quote, and I can go back for the actual quote if need be. Do you deny that what you said is a clear endorsement of public execution? If that is not what you meant, say so, but there is no other conclusion for me to make based on your original words.

Why are you so keen on getting my opinion on your ridiculous scenario? It has nothing to do with your endorsement of public execution nor with your touching story of a man executed for theft. Anyways, I believe that anyone who could do that to a child should never be able to freely interact in society again. If it was personal, I would try to kill him myself, which is why we do not practice vigilantism anymore. I do not agree with the state punishing barbarism with barbarism. It makes no sense. We should definitely isolate such individuals, but instead of killing them or locking them up and leaving them to rot, we could try to learn from them and use our knowledge to help prevent similar things from occurring in the future.

Location hidden

#626368 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I never gave my kids ice cream at that age, I only used it as an example.
However, you raise a good point; "when they request the ice cream in the only way they know how".
Whether it be ice cream, SpongeBob or the favorite blankie, no parent should succumb to the baby's whims just because they cry, that's how the manipulation starts.
No. I agree that parents should not give in to every whim of the child, but what the baby is doing does not constitute manipulation. It is simply communicating a desire in the only way it knows how, and it does not understand that crying may be seen as "manipulative." If a baby constantly cries for something, it is a conditioned behavior, not an act of manipulation.

Location hidden

#626369 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they learn that a certain behavior elicits a certain response. Rats can do this to. Are they being manipulative?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626370 May 25, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it's not. One must be able to understand the concept of manipulation to be able to manipulate.
So, what? One day you don't know how to manipulate and then another day *poof* you know how to manipulate?

Babies learn how to manipulate a very young age, they're intelligent, they're human.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626371 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from the UK. We have also a huge variation in accents. Yeah like American accents, it's just I struggle with spelling anyway, let alone have to deal with an American spell check! LOL.
I quite like the Cally accent as it goes :)
The worst Brit accent has to be the Birmingham accent. Google it.
Will do, thanks.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#626372 May 25, 2013
Joseph is Jesus father wrote:
<quoted text>
So god is a male gender but was never created?
We were all created in the image of God, male and female. If God is both male and female, and is not a hermaphrodite, God must be female. Eve was created from a rib taken from Adam and was called Woman because she was taken out of Man. Women are also men but men are not women. The serpent was an earthly creation for sexual purposes.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626373 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers buddy!
Hope you've been well recently!
Just killing some time :)
Hi, Skitz!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626374 May 25, 2013
Skitz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that, too.

Heck with Spellcheck.

Dodge

#626375 May 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I do that, too.
Heck with Spellcheck.
Hi Mac!

Nice to see you bud! The spell check bends my head. God knows it struggles anyway!!

How the devil are you chap?

Dodge

#626376 May 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We were all created in the image of God, male and female. If God is both male and female, and is not a hermaphrodite, God must be female. Eve was created from a rib taken from Adam and was called Woman because she was taken out of Man. Women are also men but men are not women. The serpent was an earthly creation for sexual purposes.
What were they doing with the serpent?

Location hidden

#626377 May 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what? One day you don't know how to manipulate and then another day *poof* you know how to manipulate?
Babies learn how to manipulate a very young age, they're intelligent, they're human.
I don't know at exactly what age we learn how to manipulate, but I would imagine it happens sometime after the object permanence realization, at the least. You're muddying the issue. I can't say *when* exactly we learn to manipulate, but I can say with confidence that manipulation is not possible at 6 months. A theory of mind may be necessary for *true* manipulation, honestly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min RiccardoFire 96,161
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 549,025
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Innocent Holy dr ... 602,325
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 14 min Rosa_Winkel 57
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min andet1987 4,795
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Dave Nelson 230,159
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min yon 3,708
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Dr_Zorderz 261,737
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Isb 1,077

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE