“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#625878 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe that blasphemers are to be stoned to death? Interesting.
So i guess you dont believe in Capitol punishment?

You should be thankful those laws dont apply to us today here in the USA.

Anyway........

We may think God’s laws in the Old Testament were cruel, but in reality these laws prevented many crimes. For a time in Israel, when they obeyed God’s law like they were commanded, there were hardly any murders, rapes, kidnappings, thefts, etc. When they thought they would be soft on crime and criminals many of the above crimes took place in Israel. So who has the better idea?

To stone someone it would have to be done in public, and this was part of the instructions. Since stoning was public, and carried out right away after the trial, it worked as a great """deterrent """".

Which is something i think this country needs today,( not stoning ) so dont get bent out of shape timmy, a swift and justice punishment/execution, instead of housing criminals for life...

There is one case where God had told the Jews to keep the Sabbath and a man was found in direct violation of God’s commands. This man was stoned.(Numbers 15:32-36) Another legitimate case in the Old Testament was when Achan stole from Jericho when they had been told full well what would happen if they did. His family was also stoned with him, because they evidently knew about it and didn’t say anything. All the ones in his family involved in the crime must have all been old enough to know what they were doing.(Joshua 7)

Ohh, and when you say "believe" are you implying that "i agree" or would like to see that happen?

Location hidden

#625879 May 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is clear you pick and choose, otherwise, you'd be in prison now.
Hate to ask this,, but here it goes...

Why?

Since: Mar 11

Melbourne, Australia

#625880 May 22, 2013
saidI wrote:
Another couple of religious nuts, have cut the head off someone.
The guy yelling dripping in his victims blood, yells "sorry to the women that had to witness this, "his" women witness this everyday". If he doesn't want his women to see that, then Muslims should stop killing each other. He of cause yelled "God is Great"!
He told the crowd that, "no women" was allowed to touch the (decapitated) victim!
Jokes on him he was shot by a female, police officer, and is now being attended to by female nurses and Doctors, in hospital!
These inhuman people believe in the same God you Catholics and Christians believe in, they even believe in Jesus. This is what religion does to people. No not all people which we should be thankful for! But don't bother with the Christians don't act like this. Did any of you see, "Jesus Boot camp"? and we've now all seen the good Christian people, with kids, at dead gay soldiers, funerals protesting, disrupting, telling mourner's their dead loved one ain't going to heaven. Forcing their kids to be fanatics.
I think religion is a very bad thing.

Al GARCIA WROTE:
Pardon the intrusion..... But you did say "religious nuts" am I to conclude that the act of one or of several is meant to speak for all of that group?
A fat guy kills someone so that means far people are bad? What's next from you? Blacks? Gays?

It's not the belief in God that's bad.... It's those that use that belief to achieve their own agenda regardless if they themselves don't believe in God or not.....

I did say "Not all are like that, which we should be thankful for". So ya fat guy thing, Blah. I'm not stupid enough to think all of one colour is this or that, and I'm accepting of Gays.
I understand that religion can make people feel great, but at this moment religion doesn't make me feel very happy and I don't like it.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625881 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....
"A group of neuroscientists at the University of California at San Diego has identified a region of the human brain that appears to be linked to thoughts of spiritual matters and prayer. Their findings tentatively suggest that we as a species are genetically programmed to believe in God."
Seems like random mutations and evolutionary changes.....
HA HA !!
We are hard-wired for abstract, transcendent musing. The ability to think abstractly is what sets us apart from the less intelligent beasts.

Location hidden

#625882 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
:q
Are you swallowing your tongue or gagging?

Location hidden

#625883 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that if a God came down from heaven to make us humans that he would make us a relative of Neanderthals. Neanderthal DNA is close to but not actually human.
The fact of our carrying genes/blood from Neanderthals has been repeated and peer reviewed.
What do you make of this fact??
If they interbred with modern humans then they WERE human.

Location hidden

#625884 May 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Sorry..... Bad spelling on my Part
Peopleofwalmart.com
Try this instead..... Stupid fat finger....>:/
Where ARE these scary ass Walmarts? 8^o

Location hidden

#625885 May 22, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it take death to reveal the proof/evidence of this god?
Well it doesn't,"if" you come to know him in this "life". The Bible makes that very plain and simple..
Dead people can't tell us what they see, because they see nothing - they're DEAD. DEAD FOREVER.
Not according to the Bible, a mans soul/spirit will exist for all of Eternity. YOU/us will have an awareness of our suroundings.

Not sure what you believe, in God, a god, or no god???? What is your belief?
Why can't your god prove himself while people are STILL ALIVE, and do so in a way that ALL 7 BILLION people on this earth have seen it happen with their REAL, ACTUAL EYES so we humans can FINALLY STOP FIGHTING over whether one exists or not and this thread will end?
He very well could do just that, and has done that in the OT,, but thats not how God wanted it, and if he done that "today" then he would contradict him self. WE are to live by Faith, wth out Faith it's impossibl to please God. The Greeks and others asked for signs, an dhe told them, "no other signs" will be giving.. As jonah was in the belly of the fish 3 days,,""so shall the Son of man be in the heart of the earth 3days..( Jesus was in the tomb and rose the 3rd day).
What is so damn difficult for you religionists to comprehend about this???
It's so damn simple!
Believing does NOT = seeing and it NEVER WILL!
Zero will NEVER be = to 1.
With your method of "waiting till death" the dead can NEVER PROVE that "they saw god" because they can NEVER come back alive to say so!
I have no trouble comprehending it, seems you do though.

Yes it is.

When i said "after death" that means "you" will see
""for yourself"" that God was real, and yes you cannot come back from the gave after death.. You must be a very young person to have this "view" of what i said??
And for you to believe that is to believe in a LIE, and it is an EMPTY threat.
So you have basically firmly decided to delude yourself. You choose to lie to yourself, bullsh!t yourself.
And isn't lying a sin?
Ironic how your own behavior is sending you to the same hell that you religionists condemn other people to, just like the phony lying hypocrites that you are.
Read the above assumption i have of you. Dont hate the messanger, just because you hate the "message"..

I have NEVER wanted to see anyone go to hell, nor have i the powr o condemn you to theere either, nor oes any other human...

Location hidden

#625886 May 22, 2013
Edited for Sharky;

He very well could do just that, and has done that in the OT,, but thats not how God wanted it, and if he done that "today" then he would contradict him self. WE are to live by Faith, wth out Faith it's impossibl to please God. The Greeks and others asked for signs, an dhe told them, "no other signs" will be giving.. As jonah was in the belly of the fish 3 days,,""so shall the Son of man be in the heart of the earth 3days..( Jesus was in the tomb and rose the 3rd day).

And i meant to add this to the above response..

" That was the ONLY sign that was giving and will ever be giving, for '"believing" in God.. Jesus said if you believe in me, believe also in my Father, for we are one.

Location hidden

#625887 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this means that the connection to other Homo species is made. If we were a special creation of God we would not be carrying the genes/blood of, and able to interbreed with non-human Neanderthals. We came out of Africa and are the hominids that won.
Our ancestors are those of the Homo genus; Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, Homo-rhodesiensis, Etc.
LOL...ok.. if ya say so..

But what that really means is that your hopes of being a cousin to them there neanderthals, just got "shot" down...

BY your very own species, who you uphold to be the smartest and most honest , non lying people on earth!!!

And thats a fact.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625888 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG dude, really? The 1520's?
LMMFAO!
Can't find anything a teensy bit more current?
No? I know you did a google search, probably "Christians kill for their god" or some crazy shit.
Imagine that.
You haven't heard of all the parents who kill their children for jesus?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#625889 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Are you swallowing your tongue or gagging?
q:?

Location hidden

#625890 May 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
In 2008 Richard E. Green et al. from Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany published the full sequence of Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and suggested "Neanderthals had a long-term effective population size smaller than that of modern humans."[71] Writing in Nature about Green et al.'s findings, James Morgan asserted the mtDNA sequence contained clues that Neanderthals lived in "small and isolated populations, and probably did not interbreed with their human neighbours."[72][73]
In the same publication, it was disclosed by Svante Pääbo that in the previous work at the Max Planck Institute that "Contamination was indeed an issue," and they eventually realized that 11% of their sample was modern human DNA.[74][75] Since then, more of the preparation work has been done in clean areas and 4-base pair 'tags' have been added to the DNA as soon as it is extracted so the Neanderthal DNA can be identified.
With 3 billion nucleotides sequenced, analysis of about &#8531; showed no sign of admixture between modern humans and Neanderthals, according to Pääbo. This concurred with the work of Noonan from two years earlier. The variant of microcephalin common outside Africa, which was suggested to be of Neanderthal origin and responsible for rapid brain growth in humans, was not found in Neanderthals. Nor was the MAPT variant, a very old variant found primarily in Europeans.[74]
However, an analysis of a first draft of the Neanderthal genome by the same team released in May 2010 indicates interbreeding may have occurred.[13][14] "Those of us who live outside Africa carry a little Neanderthal DNA in us," said Pääbo, who led the study. "The proportion of Neanderthal-inherited genetic material is about 1 to 4 percent. It is a small but very real proportion of ancestry in non-Africans today," says Dr. David Reich of Harvard Medical School, who worked on the study. This research compared the genome of the Neanderthals to five modern humans from China, France, sub-Saharan Africa, and Papua New Guinea. The finding is that about 1 to 4 percent of the genes of the non-Africans came from Neanderthals, compared to the baseline defined by the two Africans.[13]
This indicates a gene flow from Neanderthals to modern humans, i.e., interbreeding between the two populations. Since the three non-African genomes show a similar proportion of Neanderthal sequences, the interbreeding must have occurred early in the migration of modern humans out of Africa, perhaps in the Middle East. No evidence for gene flow in the direction from modern humans to Neanderthals was found. Gene flow from modern humans to Neanderthals would not be expected if contact occurred between a small colonizing population of modern humans and a much larger resident population of Neanderthals. A very limited amount of interbreeding could explain the findings, if it occurred early enough in the colonization process.[13]
While interbreeding is viewed as the most parsimonious interpretation of the genetic discoveries, the authors point out they cannot conclusively rule out an alternative scenario, in which the source population of non-African modern humans was already more closely related to Neanderthals than other Africans were, due to ancient genetic divisions within Africa.[13]
Among the genes shown to differ between present-day humans and Neanderthals were RPTN, SPAG17, CAN15, TTF1 and PCD16.[13]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal
It's funny that you have such a profound misunderstanding of evolution that you accidentally post information that supports it.

Long Beach, CA

#625891 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Where ARE these scary ass Walmarts? 8^o
There's gotta be one in Sherman.

Location hidden

#625892 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We win the war over 'Is There A God Or Not' its looking more and more like Yahweh/Jehovah is the God(s) that wasn't.
I bet your even competitive in picking boogers to aint ya?

*grinn*

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#625893 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Isnt it fun watching Christians twist in the wind trying to justify their immoral dogma?
They squirm so when you poke them...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#625894 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If they interbred with modern humans then they WERE human.
A different species of human, that's a thought provoking realization.

http://history.vogels.org/pics/neanderthal.jp...

Homo sapiens neanderthalensis

Location hidden

#625895 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Top 10 smartest people in the world.
(They're gorgeous)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...
http://www.catalogs.com/info/bestof/top-10-sm...
HA HA HA !!!
Beautiful.

Long Beach, CA

#625896 May 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> A different species of human, that's a thought provoking realization.
http://history.vogels.org/pics/neanderthal.jp...
Homo sapiens neanderthalensis
Aura, I opened that link, expecting to gain knowledge.

You scoundrel, you.
soooo

Somerset, KY

#625897 May 22, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
are you an orphan
or a failed abortion?
You are the remains of slime thats left behind from a worm going to its hole in the ground, you piece of donkey sh!t........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min andet1987 4,482
70-337 Exam free download 8 min passokay123 1
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 10 min andet1987 3
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Anon 227,559
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 95,522
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 18 min andet1987 8
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 21 min Looking for love 575
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min marge 542,649
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 259,536
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••