Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it happens in just about every generation in some place and it's predicted to happen on a global scale in our future.
isn't the spirit of political correctness at work right now doing a marvelous job of character assisination against these groups as a precursor???
c'mon, friend, i'm not your enemy:)
No, it doesn't. And it's not going to happen at a global scale.

I never said you were my enemy. I think that you are one of the biggest idiots I've ever encountered, but you don't have to worry about me fantasizing about your death. I'm not so sure you could say the same thing to me.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Any evidence for your claim?
Tons.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>RiversideRedneck wrote:

1. I don't have an immoral religion.

2. We aren't in the future....

No I don't.

We are in the future?!

Huh, kinda feels like the present....
Now?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ugh you're so stupid.

God doesn't change, OUR laws do.
Because god's laws suck.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Sam Harris? You like to make things up as you go along. In Topixland, that is generally called a Christian.
Ah, I see who Sam Harris is. Actually, he is just passing along that the concept of free will is nothing more than a failed, tired apologetic. Your assertion of his desire to bring harm to Christians is nothing more than salacious lies and slander. Why, you must be a Christian.
HEY - you 2 hotties have more in common than not so i think we should all get together for some wine and discussion to work out our differences and i'll facilitate the ordeal:)
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>OK well maybe this is right up your ally. http://www.youtube.com/watch
Bad link. Bad religion.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if it weren't so sad to see things coming to its expected end, it would actually be amusing.
how are you; still as smoking hot as ever?;)
Are you talking about... the world? Ending? Do tell.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I had, mercifully, somehow avoided all knowledge of Kenneth Copeland until just now. Just watched one of his videos. Cringe worthy.
He owns a Gulfstream 5 and a Citation X and has an airport in his compound with intersecting runways, all financed by gullible Christians and all tax free. His "missions" take him to such destitute places as Aruba, Bali, and Bora Bora where he commands the beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them for Jesus.

What is wrong with these people?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should read that thread I linked earlier. You might learn something.

http://www.salon.com/2010/10/17/sam_harris_in...
I liked this quote:

"The Catholic Church is more concerned about preventing contraception than preventing child rape; it’s more concerned about preventing gay marriage than genocide. This is a real inversion of priorities that completely falsifies any discussion of morality in the church."

Can't argue that.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, I did not say you were lying, I only asked you to provide a link. Second of all, believe it or not, I do not care enough about what you have to say to hunt through your forum posts. You mostly just troll. Since you did me the courtesy of posting it here, I read through it, and I could find no evidence of what you claimed. Maybe I missed it. Here are a few quotes that touch on the subject, and I suppose could be misinterpreted if you were reading while experiencing a religious fervor:
"Thereís a lot there. Obviously we should be cautious in changing anything about ourselves at the level of the genome. Thatís a policy that anyone thinking about genetic engineering seriously is liable to agree on. And yet we are changing. We have changed over the course of hundreds of thousands of years, so thereís nothing actually stable about the human condition. If we ever understood our biology fully enough to introduce changes, the basis on which to decide if we should implement these changes would be whether they were conducive to human well-being. If we could meddle with our genomes and introduce resistance to certain diseases, that would be clearly good. We would need to be confident that what weíre doing isnít going to be harmful in the end. Thatís the guiding principle of medicine, and it would be the guiding principle of the science of human well-being."
"Yes, but no more so than DNA screening. The fact that we can now get people off death row because we can test samples of blood and saliva and crime-scene data is a huge boon to the justice system. Lie-detection technology would be an even greater boon. We suffer an immense social cost by not being able to tell when somebody is lying. People are locked away forever or killed because we couldnít tell they were telling the truth. If we could find a technology that would allow us to differentiate truth telling from lying, it would be hugely beneficial."
"When it counts, I donít think people have a right to lie. Does a CEO of a major corporation have a right to lie about what his corporation is actually doing? We should be biased toward the truth, and if we could create a technology that made it difficult to lie, I think the feeling of relief that would come over us would be enormous."
Is there something I missed? Does he actually suggest anything remotely resembling a lobotomy?
Nope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY - you 2 hotties have more in common than not so i think we should all get together for some wine and discussion to work out our differences and i'll facilitate the ordeal:)
Totally gonna work dude. I can feel it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>He owns a Gulfstream 5 and a Citation X and has an airport in his compound with intersecting runways, all financed by gullible Christians and all tax free. His "missions" take him to such destitute places as Aruba, Bali, and Bora Bora where he commands the beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them for Jesus.
What is wrong with these people?
I don't know. I honestly think that many of the really rich televangelist type people actually delude themselves into thinking that "they are doing god's work" and therefore deserve to break a few rules here and there. Or they're just straight up con artists. Who knows.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then everything in the bible is only for the time period when it was written. You can't pick and choose. If we were living during the salem witch trials, you would be telling me that "do not kill" doesn't have to apply when dealing with witches, because clearly "do not kill" was for moses but "do not suffer a witch to live" is for salem.
Do not presume to know what I'd do...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Huh wrote:
Funny how many Christians consider the KJV as the only Bible.
And the atheists agree.

Imagine that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did already, in the post you responded to...
"OCB & Mac's reasoning is that ancient means really old, but only as old as they deem it, to suit their argument that the crusades isn't an ancient part of our history."
That is still not circular logic, that is simply demonstrating how subjective ancient is. Why do you think we ask for people to define things so often? There are a lot of things in the world that are subjective because we made them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
sooo...certain parts of the bible are meant to be taken literally and certain parts aren't?
Of course.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked this quote:
"The Catholic Church is more concerned about preventing contraception than preventing child rape; it’s more concerned about preventing gay marriage than genocide. This is a real inversion of priorities that completely falsifies any discussion of morality in the church."
Can't argue that.
That line about contraception reminded me of Hitchen's excellent little mini documentary on mother teresa. She, after all, during her nobel prize acceptance speech that "abortion is the greatest destroyer of peace."

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Says RR. I could find a thousand christians who would offer a different interpretation of just those few verses, let alone the whole bible.
There is no final authority on what it "really means," there is no arbiter on what is for whom and how to separate allegory from historical retelling - the whole book is simply a mess. The sooner you quit with these mental gymnastics the sooner you will realize why atheists in fact do exist - we are capable of reading the many holy books with an objective eye, and all of them are completely ridiculous.
Only the biblically ignorant think he bible is "a mess".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not presume to know what I'd do...
I am quite reasonably sure that if we were alive during the salem witch trials you would use that verse as "evidence" of god's hatred of witches. Perhaps I might even agree with you. Or do you think you would be the same person as you are today if raised in a totally different environment?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, make up whatever you want. Millions of Christians disagree with you,
Name them.

If there are "millions", it should be easy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 593,981 - 594,000 of719,773
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

431 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min confrinting with the word 532,213
Placing children in homosexual homes is MORALLY... 5 min passing by 14
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Dalit Trolls Fixers 114,926
When hurricanes become ANGRY 14 min Doctor REALITY 13
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 17 min Clearwater 172,173
Tony Dungy was right 24 min Doctor REALITY 9
Is homosexuality an ABOMINATION?? 31 min Doctor REALITY 4
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 32 min Aura Mytha 223,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Porkpie Hat 256,334
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••