Prove there's a god.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#6003 Jul 13, 2008
Leila wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually animals ate the vegation of the earth just like Noah and his family did prior to the flood it wasnt til after the flood that God gave permission to eat meat if you want to check it out its in Genesis 9:3 and the bible does say that the flood was over the whole earth.
Actually there's no evidence that animals did not eat meat before the flood. Genesis chapter 9:3 gives no indication that all animals were vegetarians. However if you have further Biblical evidence that all animals were vegetarians pre flood,I'll be more than happy to study it.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#6004 Jul 13, 2008
Leila wrote:
To further answer you question it is not God that is punishing us for seving him it the Devil who causes suffering for not becoming apart of his organization but do not be discouraged be cause Jesus taught us be happy when we are being persecuted because those who suffer together will be glorified together.
Nah, that's just a rumor.
Sprocket

United States

#6005 Jul 13, 2008
Horus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the animals ate veggies Leila? Show me that biblical quote. Or is this your educated guess. If so, what did meat eaters eat? Whose teeth are specialized for chewing meat and not veggies? You think Lions ate apples and oranges for 40 days and were happy with that? You think the Alligators ate bananas? Cobras fasted on broccoli? LMAO. Oh really! Classic.
Do you Christians even think about what you say before you say it. No wonder you are religious. Total absence of rational thought.
That's your opinion .

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#6006 Jul 13, 2008
x-Anna Banana-x wrote:
It's so sad how fear is used to manipulate. Oh so very sad indeed.
(Night for real)
Look at it this way.

Each person who uses those tactics does more to destroy christianity than help it to grow.

Eventually it'll end up on the shelf with previous mythologies.

They're helping the process along.
smartblonde

Barney, GA

#6007 Jul 13, 2008
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Hi, I normally visit Topix for laughs, but then came across your question. Of course, after reading the posts on here, I could have laughed if they weren't so sad! I'm not going to read any scripture or argue with anyone on here- this will probably be my first and last post on here!
Don't ask the question if you don't want to the answer, even if it isn't what you want to hear! I don't mind learning other's opinions- it's interesting to hear different viewpoints! With that said, I'll just say that it's too late to try and convince me that God isn't real! You guys are talking about science and religion, and you all can argue about that--but you can't argue with someone's testimony of what they've seen and heard. I tried a lot of things when I was a teenager. I was looking for answers, and looked in a lot of places! But it was God- yeah, the One you say does not exist- Who completely changed my life for the better. I could literally write a book and tell you many things! What is sad is the fact that I was so stubborn, that I had to get that desperate to finally admit that I didn't have all the answers!! That is the case with many other people, too! I have no reason to lie to you about anything; I am not even offended by your question; I have asked the same thing myself! God is real, and He proves it to me over and over again- and I am not full of "religion", or on drugs, or a mental case. I have a life outside of Topix, a 4.0 average in college, married, with 4 sons-but before I was 19, life was not great-until I asked God for help, and really meant it! So now that I've answered your question, I wish you the best!

Since: Feb 07

Dayton, OH

#6008 Jul 13, 2008
Horus wrote:
JESUS WAS A HOAX! There is no such person he was plagerized from the Egyptian Sun God Horus.
You want proof - Behold Christians. I have compared the 4/5000 year old Egyptian Sun God to the Jesus of Christianity. It is CRYSTAL CLEAR that lazy men, early Christians simply copied what others had written before:
#1. Horus said that he was the way, the truth, the life.
Copied: Jesus said he was the way, the truth and the life.
#2 Horus baptized with water by Anup The Baptist.
Copied: Jesus baptized with water by John the Baptist.
#3 Horus born in Annu, the place of bread.
Copied: Jesus Born in Bethlehem, the house of bread.
#4 Horus The good shepherd with the crook on his shoulders.
Copied: Jesus The good shepherd with a lamb on his shoulders.
#5 Horus Depicted as the Lamb
Copied: Jesus depicted as the lamb.
#6 I open the Tuat that I may drive away the darkness.
Copied: Jesus says I am come a light unto the world.
#7 Horus identified with the Tat or cross.
Copied: Jesus identified with the cross
#8. Horus of 12 years is mentioned.
Copied: Jesus at age 12 also mentioned.
Sub note: 12 signs of astrology, 12 disciples, 12 tribes. 12 12 12 12 12 - all astrology based.
#9 Horus starts ministry age 30
Copied: Jesus starts ministry age 30
#10 Horus the KRST. Copied: Jesus The Christ
#11 Horus - Born of a Virgin (Meri)
Copied: Jesus born of a Virgin Mary.
#12 Horus the manifesting son of God.
Copied: Jesus the manifesting Son of God
#13 Horus the sender and Set the destroyer in the harvest field.
Copied: Jesus the sender or the good seed, Satan the sender of tares.
#14 Horus and Set contending on the Mount.
Copied: Jesus and Satan contending on the Mount.
#15 The star was the announcer of the child Horus.
Copied: Jesus—The Star in the East indicated the birth-place of Jesus.
#16 Horus—the avenger. Copied: Jesus brings the sword.
#17 Horus had 12 followers. Copied: Jesus had 12 followers
And there are more, but I made my point.
If you believe in Jesus, right now you should be slapping your forehead and saying HOLY SHIT.
This PROVES to any rational person that JESUS is fictional. Just as fictional as any God.
Yeah Right and I'm the Pope! None of this proves nothing. This sounds like something off of Saturday Night Live. This very laughable. Just wait and see, the truth will win out. Then, you will see just how fictional Jesus really is. HE IS THE ONLY WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. It is so sad to see so many of you believing the devil's lie. He already has you unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes to the ABSOLUTE TRUTH. You have the choice to continue in your deception or search for the truth. If you are really looking for the truth, God says to, ASK, SEEK and KNOCK and you will find.
Sprocket

United States

#6009 Jul 13, 2008
Horus wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the animals ate veggies Leila? Show me that biblical quote. Or is this your educated guess. If so, what did meat eaters eat? Whose teeth are specialized for chewing meat and not veggies? You think Lions ate apples and oranges for 40 days and were happy with that? You think the Alligators ate bananas? Cobras fasted on broccoli? LMAO. Oh really! Classic.
Do you Christians even think about what you say before you say it. No wonder you are religious. Total absence of rational thought.
You underestimate God's power , but that's your opinion .
knight

Tucson, AZ

#6010 Jul 13, 2008
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid to bring them out into public one at a time?
Understandable.
I made it for those who want to know. I am not going to preach at ya.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...
Sammy

United States

#6011 Jul 13, 2008
Lee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying we evolved because we had to?
In a way, that is true. Most mutations are benign, but some offer a survival advantage. Over a long period of time, those individuals with the most survival advantages will be the ones to dominate.
Sprocket

United States

#6012 Jul 13, 2008
JustWow wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not very good at this are you?
You keep stating that something is opinion when it can be verified but things are facts when they can't.
I wonder if there is a word for people that do that?
Just another opinion .

Since: Jul 08

Oregon City, OR

#6013 Jul 13, 2008
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Sure, Apocalypse666.
Ok now hold REEEEAL still, I say still, boa, with this here apple on yer head.
Leila

United States

#6014 Jul 13, 2008
Horus wrote:
<quoted text>
Horus if you read Genisis 1:30
It says and I quote "And to every wild beast and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everythong moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food. And it came to be so."

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#6015 Jul 13, 2008
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have difficulty admitting your mistakes even in the smallest of things.(you should work on that, it'll be a great help)
Why would you ask me if I know someone who was in Tyler, Texas if you weren't implying that I was in Tyler, Texas, silly?
There goes that ADD again. I did not ask you if you knew anyone in Tyler. I think you need to go back and re-read what I stated again and this time pay attention to what is actually written. I stated that your ISP was from TYLER and that Garner Ted was from Tyler. Stop accusing me falsely of things I never said. You're starting to have a serious credibility problem but then again you don't believe in God so I'm not surprised.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#6016 Jul 13, 2008
briansanders wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that from all my years of church expereince.
But yes Christians can be sent to hell just as
easily as non-believers over things like dis-obediance or hatred.
That depends on which sect of christianity that you adhere to.

One can find whatever sect one likes, if one looks hard enough.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#6017 Jul 13, 2008
robert copeland wrote:
we were blessed with a beautiful healthy little baby girl almost 2 years ago and i believe she was a gift from god because 15 years ago i was told by a doctor that i would never father a child.i still couldnt believe i was finally going to be a daddy.it was weeks after she was born before it finally sank in.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster has been good to you.

Make it count.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#6018 Jul 13, 2008
briansanders wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right he doesn't exist to You because
your dead in Spirit. It's going to
take the right kind of change in your
life for him to be felt.
You can't actually see the Holy Spirit
but certain Christians can feel the Holy Spirit.
They have medication for that now.

Since: Feb 07

Dayton, OH

#6019 Jul 13, 2008
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these scientists also claim to be Christian. If they can resolve the difference between their religion and their facts, why can't you?
What do you mean by "If they can resolve the difference between their religion and their facts, why can't you?" This is such an evasive, generalized statement. It doesn't make sense that some scientists claim to be Christian and resolve the difference between their religion and their facts, but yet you infer that what they believe and the scientific facts are different. Most Christian scientist that have facts about creation usually back it up with truth not fiction, lies or humanistic thinking.

“What's this Country coming to?”

Since: Jul 08

Savannah, Georgia

#6020 Jul 13, 2008
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're starting to see the picture.
King Midas is a mythology
Jesus Christ is mythology
Both of them are equally valid.
Your God still remains silent, you simply imagine or claim that you hear the voice. Why would your god be afraid to speak to those asking to hear from him?
Answer: It's all in your imagination.
Actually I haven't been asking God to speak to me
because I know he's real.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#6021 Jul 13, 2008
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most so called 'BIBLE SCHOLARS" deny that the Bible is the Holt Spirit inspired word of God.
That ought to tell you something right there.

Paraphrasing your words:
Most of the people who actually study the bible for a living, who are highly educated in the bible and have made studying the bible their life don't believe that the bible is the Holy Spirit inspired word of God.

Thanks for providing that perspective.

You should consider that yourself.
Sammy

United States

#6022 Jul 13, 2008
Sprocket wrote:
<quoted text> You underestimate God's power , but that's your opinion .
Yeah, right! I assume we are still talking about this Noah thing? I love this arguement ... It allows me to ask, "Why did god need Noah and a boat?" If he is so powerful, why did he need that kind of help?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Peace_Warrior 619,253
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,696
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min truth 668,058
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 51 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 92,951
MIELE BAYRAMPASA SERVISI 2I2) 2O2 62 34 ) 2O2 6... 1 hr birimariza 1
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 hr Das 87
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 46,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 286,113
More from around the web