Prove there's a god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#626120 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You either question everything or you don't. There's no 'pretty much'...
Sez who?
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#626121 May 24, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What?? They was corrupt? What and the world are you talking about, explain please?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Awwww, now i see why you think the OT is still valid and "must be upheld".. You dont believe Jesus was "Crucified", and that he was "just" a good prophet like the rest of them..
Jesus "rejected organized religion"!! The "just" meaning justified from SIN through and by Jesus Christ, shall live by Faith, not "by" works.
<quoted text>
So you are saying the laws and covenants GOD made and was required in the OT for one to recieve Eternal life, was pointless and meaningless?
So you believe everyone is going to Heaven "regardless" if they do or dont follow the laws and commandments written in the OT...wow
Ok, let’s backtrack a bit. By means of a covenant is how God has chosen to communicate to us, to redeem us, and to guarantee us eternal life in Jesus. These truths, revealed in the Bible, are the basis of Christianity. The Bible is essentially a covenant document. The old covenant included those made with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and David. The new covenant came about during the Messianic age where the Law of God would be written upon the hearts of men:
“The time is coming,” declares the LORD,“when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah…This is the covenant I will make with the house of
Israel after that time,” declares the LORD.“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people”(Jer. 31:31, 33). By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.(Heb. 8:13) For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law (Heb. 7:12).
Here are psalm 23 and True Truth - arguing about which bible to use: the OT or the NT.

Isn't the bible "the word of god"? Aren't they both?

If you Christians can't even agree on which word is god's - the OT or the NT - how do you expect people to believe?

It looks like your "god" is disagreeing with its own self with this OT/NT debate.

Why are you two of the same faith fighting each other? It makes no sense!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#626122 May 24, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>OU DO NOT HIT 6-MONTH-OLDS, PERIOD!
YOU
ARE
F*CKING
GROSS.
And you're the same people that want to b!tch about abortion!
Yeah, let's have all those babies just so we can beat them to death!
HAAAAWK PTAHH F*ck ALL YOU BASTARDS.
See? Issues....

I've never bitched about abortion, actually I'm pro-choice.

You didn't know that because you didn't ask, you assumed.

The Borderland of Sol

#626123 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on....
Where is it written that God created everything perfectly?
Oh, God effed up?

That's funny.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#626124 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I don't think God *poofed* anything. I think He created everything slowly and gradually.
Don't assume what I think, ask me. Then we could try a proper discussion.
"God creating everything slowly and gradually" sounds just like the way the Big Bang theory works - only there is no wizard with a magic wand that can create things out of nowhere, whether slow or a fast poof.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#626125 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you got issues.
Where did I say that the only way to rectify it was the spank the kid?!
I DIDN'T.
Your sick mind put that together.
You're a liar.

When this subject first came up some weeks ago, you actually defended spanking 6 month old BABIES because you said there IS no other way to discipline a 6 month old BABY since they can't reason like an older child can and since you can't explain to a 6 month old BABY why you find their behavior objectionable.

Ick- you're SO full of it, RR.

The Borderland of Sol

#626126 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I don't think God *poofed* anything. I think He created everything slowly and gradually.
Don't assume what I think, ask me. Then we could try a proper discussion.
Oh, a gradual "poof".

Gottit.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626127 May 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, a gradual "poof".
Gottit.
It was a REAAAALLLLY slow "abra cadabra!"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626128 May 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously- do you not read?
Did you not see where I said:
"So when one has experiences in life, they gain knowledge..."?
Do you not see the word "experiences" in the above?
Yes- I agree- one can be highly intelligent yet highly unwise at the same time- meaning that being intelligent doesn't mean one is gaining knowledge which then hopefully results in wisdom.
For instance, if you make a mistake doing something and then you learn the right way to do it, hopefully through that experience you will have gained knowledge and then used that knowledge to gain wisdom to not make the same mistake again and to have used that knowledge to know that making the same mistake again would be unwise.
Ideally, knowledge and wisdom go hand-in-hand in that the knowledge gained will lead to wisdom.
Oh, ok. I see what you mean.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626129 May 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I guess RR sees 6 month old babies as manipulative and cunning little brats......
Keep guessing, bitch. That's all you're good at.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626131 May 24, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"God creating everything slowly and gradually" sounds just like the way the Big Bang theory works - only there is no wizard with a magic wand that can create things out of nowhere, whether slow or a fast poof.
Yes, it's called progressive creationism.

Look it up.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626132 May 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar.
When this subject first came up some weeks ago, you actually defended spanking 6 month old BABIES because you said there IS no other way to discipline a 6 month old BABY since they can't reason like an older child can and since you can't explain to a 6 month old BABY why you find their behavior objectionable.
Ick- you're SO full of it, RR.
Only in certain circumstances.

I'm so tired of playing this mental merry go round with you, I've explained myself countless times.

You choose not to understand. You choose ignorance.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626133 May 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It was a REAAAALLLLY slow "abra cadabra!"
Yes, the freethinker in you says if you can't understand it, it MUST be magic...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626134 May 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, a gradual "poof".
Gottit.
No.

A gradual *poof* would still be some kind of *poof*.

In the post you just responded to, I said "I don't believe God *poofed* anything".....

Fail.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626135 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep guessing, bitch. That's all you're good at.
LOL! Right after you post to me that you see what I mean- different topic, I realize- but still- LOL!!

RR- you have also posted that 6 month old babies ARE manipulative, that they know what they're doing when they cry in a bid for attention, that they can be spoiled brats....

STFU- what YOU'RE good at is NOTHING- other than your miserable attempts at back pedaling and how easily lying comes to you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626136 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in certain circumstances.
I'm so tired of playing this mental merry go round with you, I've explained myself countless times.
You choose not to understand. You choose ignorance.
No- RR- I choose calling you out for the lying and back pedaling fool you are.

Under NO circumstances is striking a 6 month old baby okay or acceptable or the right thing to do.

As I have explained to YOU many times, the ONLY way that could be MORALLY justified is if the 6 month old baby was doing something that could cause injury or death to themselves or others- as unlikely a scenario as that is.

I DO understand. I understand that you see nothing wrong with striking 6 month old BABIES.

I DO understand. I understand that you can't understand why anyone would find that objectionable or to be a form of child abuse.

I DO understand. I understand that your moral compass is sorely lacking.

I DO understand. Since you say it is not against California law to strike a baby, I understand that you're okay with it as long as the law is.

I DO understand. I understand that from all you've said here about your own kids, about disciplining, about parenting- that you are an unfit parent.

GOT it.

Thanks.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#626137 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the freethinker in you says if you can't understand it, it MUST be magic...
YOU are the fool who believes that Adam and Eve really existed....

Sorry, bub- but creating a human out of DIRT would be magic- IF it happened, which it did NOT.

Sorry, bub- but creating a human out of a RIB from another human would be magic- IF it happened, which it did NOT.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#626138 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on....
Where is it written that God created everything perfectly?
LMAO!
Now YOU'RE being biblically illiterate!

According to that story, everything WAS perfect "it was good and very good" - "until satan came along to mess it up"...even though this god was the one that created the satan in the first place.

So, what are you saying - that this god was SUPPOSED to f*ck up everything? If that's the case, why are you worshipping a f*ckup?

The Borderland of Sol

#626139 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up.
Odd.

That's not explained in Genesis.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

#626140 May 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up.
"Progressive creationism" is simply putting something there that is simply not: a wizard with a magic wand.

Take the wizard away and it's just the old, boring Big Bang theory. Sorry, no exciting magical tricks to be had.

How come it isn't possible that NO ONE "created the universe" it just created itself, by itself?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Bongo 104,910
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min kent 673,430
News Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 1,563
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,807
crystal bottoms former charm on SouthernCharms (Sep '09) 5 hr Ann 36
How old is "old enough" for sex? (Jun '15) 6 hr Breadcrumb Trail 29
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr bad bob 184,629
More from around the web