Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625645 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning..." was written for all.
"For God so loved the world..." was written for all.
"Lot's daughters became pregnant..." was a story, not a commandment.
"Any man that lay with another..." was not a commandment to all, just to the Levite people.
"Kill the witch..." was a specific law to the Israelites of Exodus, not to everyone.
This is the problem with people that read the bible 'cover to cover', they oy read it once and they only read it literally. They don't bother with any kind of context in any scripture that they read.
I think this is why there's atheists, they're biblically ignorant and purposefully stay that way.
Says RR. I could find a thousand christians who would offer a different interpretation of just those few verses, let alone the whole bible.

There is no final authority on what it "really means," there is no arbiter on what is for whom and how to separate allegory from historical retelling - the whole book is simply a mess. The sooner you quit with these mental gymnastics the sooner you will realize why atheists in fact do exist - we are capable of reading the many holy books with an objective eye, and all of them are completely ridiculous.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625646 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Sam Harris?
An atheist fundamentalist.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625647 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is why I say non-believers LOVE the KJV version, it's perfectly mideival for them.
Hint: The proper translation is not 'unicorn', it's 'wild ox'....
Sure, make up whatever you want. Millions of Christians disagree with you, probably more than agree. You are a fan of the logical fallacy of argument from popularity. Well, there you go. The NIV and the KJV trump all the other Bibles in distribution. Whoops, using your pretzel logic, you lose.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625648 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. Besides, the best way to become an atheist is to read the Bible. Really read it.
Indeed.

Location hidden

#625649 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:

They can't commit a crime for their god
Then shit the f_ck up with your "Christians kill for their god" lies.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625650 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In a few weeks we should compare the proceeds of both your beyond belief place and the church's donations....
If you wanna be schooled, that is.
Well, the two largest charitable benefactors in the US are Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, both atheists. You are willfully ignoring the point. Gross receipts are irrelevant. Christian charities are demonstrably the most inefficient ways to donate, with over 90% of the proceeds going to overhead. This has been documented and demonstrated to you before. Instead of gross receipts, let's visit the actual percentage of donations from secular versus religious sources that actually makes it into the hands of those in need. If you want to be "schooled", that is.

Location hidden

#625651 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:

Hitler never renounced his Christianity. It was an integral part of Nazi Germany. It was the impetus for the Holocaust. It was in the writings of Mein Kampf and in German law at the time. If you are referring to "Hitler's Table Talk", that is a known forgery by a desperate Christian trying to distance himself from the evils available due to your immoral dogma.
In Hitler-- Memoirs of a Confidant, Hitler reveals himself through conversation to colleagues from a conference on economic policy. In it Hitler is reported to have spoken, glowingly, about raising the "treasures of the living Christ," "the persecution of the true Christians and sanctimonious churches that have placed themselves between God and man and to turn away from the anti-Christian , smug individualism of the past," and "to educate the youth in particular in the spirit of those of Christ's words that we must interpret anew: love one another; be considerate of your fellow man; remember that each of you is not alone a creature of God, but that you are all brothers!"
Hitler, the Nazis, Christianity, and Germany. Bedfellows. The codified laws included theocratic pronouncements. You didn't read that list, did you, "three monkey statue"? You're flailing in the wind here. It must be so painful to be so wrong about everything.
Shall we get into a copy/paste war with Hitler's quotes or will you supply a pro-Christian quote from him that was after his ascension to power and that is NOT a public speech.

I wish you luck.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625652 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Pretending? You claimed he wanted to bring actual harm. Now you are moving the goal posts. In Topixland, we call that acting Christian. Those who follow the immoral doctrines of the immoral Abrahamic religions should be incarcerated.
I didn't move anything, you tard. He wants to go beyond the power of suggestion and clinically remove the ability to think freely from those he calls liars, Christian and Muslim liars only though. He's a bigot who is against the "free-thinking" of anybody who thinks the way he thinks that they shouldn't. Everybody has lied at some time in their life. In fact, all life on Earth relies on the ability to be deceptive to survive, to "evolve". Artificially altering that ability in any species is tantamount to genocidal intent against the subject altered.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625653 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then everything in the bible is only for the time period when it was written. You can't pick and choose. If we were living during the salem witch trials, you would be telling me that "do not kill" doesn't have to apply when dealing with witches, because clearly "do not kill" was for moses but "do not suffer a witch to live" is for salem.
The Immoral Grand Book of Multiple Choice is just a tool for consolidating money and power and most efficient at ego masturbation.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625654 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist fundamentalist.
No such animal.

Location hidden

#625655 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to sway you. I just like showing Topixland where you are wrong. What you think is of as little import as how deeply you think. Religion has poisoned you, baby hitter.
Aw... Poor wittle gurly girl is getting upset....

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#625656 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Reverse sci fi then.
Laffin.

Truth and fiction again...
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625657 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Says RR. I could find a thousand christians who would offer a different interpretation of just those few verses, let alone the whole bible.
There is no final authority on what it "really means," there is no arbiter on what is for whom and how to separate allegory from historical retelling - the whole book is simply a mess. The sooner you quit with these mental gymnastics the sooner you will realize why atheists in fact do exist - we are capable of reading the many holy books with an objective eye, and all of them are completely ridiculous.
Boom! There it is. No two Christians really agree on the "one true word". This alone disproves the entire immoral dogma.

Location hidden

#625658 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Haha. Sure. Nice try.
One side of mouth: God never changes.
Other side of mouth: See, change!
Dumb man speak with forked tongue.
The twisted pretzel logic required to foment this ego masturbation you call Christianity lays waste to any of its claims.
Ugh you're so stupid.

God doesn't change, OUR laws do.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625659 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard that before. So what? He is not a "representative for atheism." What he says does not have anything to do with me.
I mean, I do agree that every religious person is in a sense lying to themselves, intentionally or not, but I would never advocate for "removing the ability to lie." Do you have a link to a video of him saying that? Or his site?
Yes...

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism" ;

...he is.

FYI, the "Harris" thread I posted has links to his bigoted rants.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625660 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Any evidence for your claim?
I'm still waiting for you to describe the exact nature of your god so that I can disprove it. You don't have the stones, Little Dick.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625661 May 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
sooo...certain parts of the bible are meant to be taken literally and certain parts aren't?
And each Christian gets to pick and choose what those are.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625662 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
1. I don't have an immoral religion.
2. We aren't in the future....
<quoted text>
No I don't.
We are in the future?!
Huh, kinda feels like the present....
Your religion is the height of immorality and we are in the future when compared to your immoral religion. You're really not very bright.

Location hidden

#625663 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, prove she was lying.
Ok, help me show how I can prove memory, then I can prove to you that I've known that word for a long time.

Oh wait, never mind. Memories can't be proven, so I'm sure you'll claim they don't exist but still argue their pros & cons....
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625664 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't move anything, you tard. He wants to go beyond the power of suggestion and clinically remove the ability to think freely from those he calls liars, Christian and Muslim liars only though. He's a bigot who is against the "free-thinking" of anybody who thinks the way he thinks that they shouldn't. Everybody has lied at some time in their life. In fact, all life on Earth relies on the ability to be deceptive to survive, to "evolve". Artificially altering that ability in any species is tantamount to genocidal intent against the subject altered.
Please provide a quote for your assertion. So far, you haven't. You did move the goal posts. First you claimed he wanted to actively harm people, then you claimed he just wanted them to stop lying. You should stop lying to yourself. You look ridiculous.

Genocidal intent. Well, you Christians are the experts on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min scirocco 118,286
I Will Plow My Mom In Week By Monday 5/28 (May '12) 15 min jaden 42
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 16 min Ricky F 1,807
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Liam 545,061
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 18 min Wildcard7 19
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 40 min Wordsworth 4,598
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Dave Nelson 228,567
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Aura Mytha 260,191
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr sandeeprajj 978
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Epiphany2 601,416
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE