“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625719 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Then everything in the bible is only for the time period when it was written. You can't pick and choose. If we were living during the salem witch trials, you would be telling me that "do not kill" doesn't have to apply when dealing with witches, because clearly "do not kill" was for moses but "do not suffer a witch to live" is for salem.
Do not presume to know what I'd do...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625720 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
Funny how many Christians consider the KJV as the only Bible.
And the atheists agree.

Imagine that.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#625721 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did already, in the post you responded to...
"OCB & Mac's reasoning is that ancient means really old, but only as old as they deem it, to suit their argument that the crusades isn't an ancient part of our history."
That is still not circular logic, that is simply demonstrating how subjective ancient is. Why do you think we ask for people to define things so often? There are a lot of things in the world that are subjective because we made them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625722 May 22, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
sooo...certain parts of the bible are meant to be taken literally and certain parts aren't?
Of course.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625723 May 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked this quote:
"The Catholic Church is more concerned about preventing contraception than preventing child rape; it’s more concerned about preventing gay marriage than genocide. This is a real inversion of priorities that completely falsifies any discussion of morality in the church."
Can't argue that.
That line about contraception reminded me of Hitchen's excellent little mini documentary on mother teresa. She, after all, during her nobel prize acceptance speech that "abortion is the greatest destroyer of peace."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625724 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Says RR. I could find a thousand christians who would offer a different interpretation of just those few verses, let alone the whole bible.
There is no final authority on what it "really means," there is no arbiter on what is for whom and how to separate allegory from historical retelling - the whole book is simply a mess. The sooner you quit with these mental gymnastics the sooner you will realize why atheists in fact do exist - we are capable of reading the many holy books with an objective eye, and all of them are completely ridiculous.
Only the biblically ignorant think he bible is "a mess".

Location hidden

#625725 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not presume to know what I'd do...
I am quite reasonably sure that if we were alive during the salem witch trials you would use that verse as "evidence" of god's hatred of witches. Perhaps I might even agree with you. Or do you think you would be the same person as you are today if raised in a totally different environment?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625726 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, make up whatever you want. Millions of Christians disagree with you,
Name them.

If there are "millions", it should be easy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625727 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the two largest charitable benefactors in the US are Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, both atheists. You are willfully ignoring the point. Gross receipts are irrelevant. Christian charities are demonstrably the most inefficient ways to donate, with over 90% of the proceeds going to overhead. This has been documented and demonstrated to you before.
That has never been demonstrated to me, unless you consider a Topix post a "demonstration"...

BUT, my post was in response to your "beyond beliefs" site and contributing to the folks that have suffered tornado losses.

And you changed the goalposts to warren Buffet & Bill Gates...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625728 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No such animal.
It's a slang term.

And only because atheism is agreed on by pretty much all atheists as not a religion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625729 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Boom! There it is. No two Christians really agree on the "one true word". This alone disproves the entire immoral dogma.
"No two Christians really agree"...?!

So.....You think there's 2 billion forms of the bible?!

HA HA HA !!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625730 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I'm still waiting for you to describe the exact nature of your god so that I can disprove it. You don't have the stones, Little Dick.
But you don't believe that God even exists, so why ask?

That'd be like you trying to tell me of the "exact nature of unicorns"....

O_o

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#625731 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is at least as much of a mess as your statement above. Imagine if textbooks all had the same grammar of your post here. That is the quality of your bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625732 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
Your religion is the height of immorality
In what way?
and we are in the future when compared to your immoral religion.
In what way?

Location hidden

#625733 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the indoctrinated think it's not.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625734 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ugh you're so stupid.
God doesn't change, OUR laws do.
Huh wrote:
You can't have it both ways.
"God doesn't change, OUR laws do."

That's one way, stupid. Not two ways.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#625735 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>He owns a Gulfstream 5 and a Citation X and has an airport in his compound with intersecting runways, all financed by gullible Christians and all tax free. His "missions" take him to such destitute places as Aruba, Bali, and Bora Bora where he commands the beaches and drinks with umbrellas in them for Jesus.
What is wrong with these people?
I've always had problems with those big time Evangelists. Slick and smooth talkers. Better at it than used car salesmen.
It always seems to be some sort of human failure, the love of power and the love of money and ego I'm sure.

just kinda pisses me off.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Park City, Utah

#625736 May 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People who demand proof of God's existence are people who choose to remain stupid.
No, people who demand proof of God's existence are the smart ones.

Why worship something that is obviously not there?

If you worship in the approved manor nowadays you are supporting a church and a minister. You really need to demand proof first.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625737 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So, Leviticus is OUR law?
Only that's out the window.
If you are a member of the Levite tribe, then yes.

If not, then no.

Why is that so friggin hard for you atheists to comprehend?

Location hidden

#625738 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a slang term.
And only because atheism is agreed on by pretty much all atheists as not a religion.
It is, by definition, not a religion. The only reason the term exists is because our fellow humans get pretty worked up about their sky buddies. It's surreal. Inexplicable. Absurd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loan shark needed asap (Mar '09) 8 min Laura 7
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 16 min Neville Thompson 20
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Neville Thompson 269,040
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min RiccardoFire 39,664
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min lightbeamrider 97,909
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 40 min AN NFL FAN 121,339
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 50 min JesusIsResurrection 967
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 608,271
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 1 hr perfect massage r... 206
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 574,347
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 11 hr Jon 19
More from around the web