xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#625812 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!, and I thought Christian theology was crazy weird. What do you call your brand of wackiness??
I suspect Susan is on some strange drugs

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625813 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was last year (2012) it may have been 2011 though, I'll look it up when I get off of Topix later. If you want to look it up meanwhile google: Svante Paabo. I think Wikipedia has an article on him also
Thanks, will google.
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#625814 May 22, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it take death to reveal the proof/evidence of this god?
Dead people can't tell us what they see, because they see nothing - they're DEAD. DEAD FOREVER.
Why can't your god prove himself while people are STILL ALIVE, and do so in a way that ALL 7 BILLION people on this earth have seen it happen with their REAL, ACTUAL EYES so we humans can FINALLY STOP FIGHTING over whether one exists or not and this thread will end?
What is so damn difficult for you religionists to comprehend about this???
It's so damn simple!
Believing does NOT = seeing and it NEVER WILL!
Zero will NEVER be = to 1.
With your method of "waiting till death" the dead can NEVER PROVE that "they saw god" because they can NEVER come back alive to say so!
And for you to believe that is to believe in a LIE, and it is an EMPTY threat.
So you have basically firmly decided to delude yourself. You choose to lie to yourself, bullsh!t yourself.
And isn't lying a sin?
Ironic how your own behavior is sending you to the same hell that you religionists condemn other people to, just like the phony lying hypocrites that you are.
Im starting to think that these religitards are mentaly damaged,

no normal person can lay on such idiocy like they do,..

Location hidden

#625815 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what it means, but it still holds as an atheists statement, not Christian.
Unless you think you can prove that we think God is a "manifestation of [our] ego".....
I don't think you think that. But that's what it is, in my humble opinion. Why is it that our gods seem to so closely share our views on such a wide range of subjects? These universe spanning, unfathomable beings that we have thought up, and they all seem to have a profound interest in our genetalia and the use thereof, as well as other assorted oddities that have no business bouncing around in an infinite being's brain. I wonder...

Location hidden

#625816 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What I wrote stands, the biblically ignorant the ***the*** bible is "a mess".
<quoted text>
LMAO! I just burned myself, didn't I?
DamnYouAutocorrect!
Lol, Yeah, you made it even worse.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625817 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:

No it isn't - it's called - believing something different.
No it isn't, I don't care if she believes something different.
You call it hypocrisy, because you can't handle the way she puts the perspective.
Nope I call it for what it is.

Saying that we Christians cherry pick the bible and them cherry picking it herself IS hypocrisy.

So you pull "that card" - IMO, as an intimidation tactic.
No intimidation, just brutal honesty.
Shoot - if you want to talk about unfounded claims, let's use your post to me.
You want me to prove a claim I didn't make, but when I ask you to substantiate you asking me to, you run-away and refuse to answer or blame me for not providing you with an answer.
Sure. Okay.
I didn't 'run away'- I saw no reason to re-re-re-repost to you the same damn thing.

Location hidden

#625818 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not necessarily 'how' it's interpreted.
In the case of Leviticus, it's pretty clear. It was written Laws for the Levite people and nothing else. It's recorded in the bible for history, for future generations and cultures to learn from and to not repeat the same 'evil ways' they did.
It's not pretty clear. Nothing in the bible is pretty clear. That's why you guys can't even agree on anything.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625819 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"You still haven't shown that Christians "kill for their God"
"conflicts immediately connected with the Reformation of the 1520s to 1540s:
the German Peasants' War (1524–1525)
the battle of Kappel in Switzerland (1531)
the Schmalkaldic War (1546–1547) in the Holy Roman Empire
the Eighty Years' War (1568–1648) in the Low Countries
the French Wars of Religion (1562–1598)
the Thirty Years War (1618–1648), affecting the Holy Roman Empire including Habsburg Austria and Bohemia, France, Denmark and Sweden
the Wars of the Three Kingdoms (1639–1651), affecting England, Scotland and Ireland
Scottish Reformation and Civil Wars
English Reformation and Civil War
Irish Confederate Wars and the Cromwellian conquest of Ireland"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of...
OMG dude, really? The 1520's?

LMMFAO!

Can't find anything a teensy bit more current?

No? I know you did a google search, probably "Christians kill for their god" or some crazy shit.

Imagine that.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#625820 May 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
In 2008 Richard E. Green et al. from Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany published the full sequence of Neanderthal mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and suggested "Neanderthals had a long-term effective population size smaller than that of modern humans."[71] Writing in Nature about Green et al.'s findings, James Morgan asserted the mtDNA sequence contained clues that Neanderthals lived in "small and isolated populations, and probably did not interbreed with their human neighbours."[72][73]
In the same publication, it was disclosed by Svante Pääbo that in the previous work at the Max Planck Institute that "Contamination was indeed an issue," and they eventually realized that 11% of their sample was modern human DNA.[74][75] Since then, more of the preparation work has been done in clean areas and 4-base pair 'tags' have been added to the DNA as soon as it is extracted so the Neanderthal DNA can be identified.
With 3 billion nucleotides sequenced, analysis of about &#8531; showed no sign of admixture between modern humans and Neanderthals, according to Pääbo. This concurred with the work of Noonan from two years earlier. The variant of microcephalin common outside Africa, which was suggested to be of Neanderthal origin and responsible for rapid brain growth in humans, was not found in Neanderthals. Nor was the MAPT variant, a very old variant found primarily in Europeans.[74]
However, an analysis of a first draft of the Neanderthal genome by the same team released in May 2010 indicates interbreeding may have occurred.[13][14] "Those of us who live outside Africa carry a little Neanderthal DNA in us," said Pääbo, who led the study. "The proportion of Neanderthal-inherited genetic material is about 1 to 4 percent. It is a small but very real proportion of ancestry in non-Africans today," says Dr. David Reich of Harvard Medical School, who worked on the study. This research compared the genome of the Neanderthals to five modern humans from China, France, sub-Saharan Africa, and Papua New Guinea. The finding is that about 1 to 4 percent of the genes of the non-Africans came from Neanderthals, compared to the baseline defined by the two Africans.[13]
This indicates a gene flow from Neanderthals to modern humans, i.e., interbreeding between the two populations. Since the three non-African genomes show a similar proportion of Neanderthal sequences, the interbreeding must have occurred early in the migration of modern humans out of Africa, perhaps in the Middle East. No evidence for gene flow in the direction from modern humans to Neanderthals was found. Gene flow from modern humans to Neanderthals would not be expected if contact occurred between a small colonizing population of modern humans and a much larger resident population of Neanderthals. A very limited amount of interbreeding could explain the findings, if it occurred early enough in the colonization process.[13]
While interbreeding is viewed as the most parsimonious interpretation of the genetic discoveries, the authors point out they cannot conclusively rule out an alternative scenario, in which the source population of non-African modern humans was already more closely related to Neanderthals than other Africans were, due to ancient genetic divisions within Africa.[13]
Among the genes shown to differ between present-day humans and Neanderthals were RPTN, SPAG17, CAN15, TTF1 and PCD16.[13]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal
You know this means that the connection to other Homo species is made. If we were a special creation of God we would not be carrying the genes/blood of, and able to interbreed with non-human Neanderthals. We came out of Africa and are the hominids that won.

Our ancestors are those of the Homo genus; Homo-heidelbergensis, Homo-erectus, Homo-habilis, Homo-rhodesiensis, Etc.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625821 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. I didn't just make that up though... they've actually researched it.
Top 10 smartest people in the world.
(They're gorgeous)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...

http://www.catalogs.com/info/bestof/top-10-sm...

HA HA HA !!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#625822 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>But you won't share said "tons" of evidence..?

Imagine that.
Why?

You would ignore it anyway.

You're a waste of time.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625823 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think you think that. But that's what it is, in my humble opinion. Why is it that our gods seem to so closely share our views on such a wide range of subjects? These universe spanning, unfathomable beings that we have thought up, and they all seem to have a profound interest in our genetalia and the use thereof, as well as other assorted oddities that have no business bouncing around in an infinite being's brain. I wonder...
A "profound interest in our genitalia"?!

What?

Where do you people come up with this crap, really?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#625824 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. I wrote that in the past.

We are never in the future, dipstick.
Now?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625825 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, Yeah, you made it even worse.
I did, lol

Shu'up.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#625826 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Sure can. But first you'll have to show evidence that the Catholic Church is....

...more concerned about preventing contraception than preventing child rape

...more concerned about preventing gay marriage than genocide

I'm sure you have tons of evidence......
Yup.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625827 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's not pretty clear. Nothing in the bible is pretty clear. That's why you guys can't even agree on anything.
Ok, dude. Ok.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625828 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
If we were a special creation of God we would not be carrying the genes/blood of, and able to interbreed with non-human Neanderthals.
Huh.... How have you come by this astounding information?

Has it been observed, repeated and peer reviewed?

Or is it perhaps just your opinion?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625829 May 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
You would ignore it anyway.
You're a waste of time.
You're lying.

You have zero evidence.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#625830 May 22, 2013
What_You_Talkin_Bout wrote:
<quoted text> I'm sorry but win what? and facts? really? there is some proof in history, for every religion but its not always 100% true. lol im sorry but that part makes me smile, "and we're going to win" lol like it's a game. but you know what, i respect that you defend what you believe because in reality that's all we have, faith, no one can take it from anyone. anyways i just wanna say im trying to stop this now so just believe what you want and let's not start something because of what we believe, it just starts war and shit
We win the war over 'Is There A God Or Not' its looking more and more like Yahweh/Jehovah is the God(s) that wasn't.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625831 May 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Lying doesn't suit you very well, Aero.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Christina La Vey 578,722
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 5 min MUQ2 102
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 11 min Neelakaran 5,912
Animal Cruelty That You Can Stop 55 min A Merican 2
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr AlmostDied 283
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 270,001
Ek vinno jater khankir beshyakotha 2 hr scatlezbeau 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 609,761
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Roberta G 176,196
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 22 hr IWANNAPLAY 187
More from around the web