Prove there's a god.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#626015 May 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR, I have been nothing BUT specific and have repeatedly posted that hitting a 6 month old BABY is WRONG and is "criminal".
AGAIN- I didn't SAY LEGALLY criminal; can you think outside of the box even once??
You never heard someone say something was "criminal" having NOTHING to do with the law?
Geesh.....
And about that- there are MANY things which are legal and probably shouldn't be just as there are MANY things which are ILLEGAL and probably shouldn't be.
Regardless, I was not using the word "criminal" in the sense in which it applies to law.
So- it IS "criminal" that you see nothing wrong with striking 6 month old BABIES.
Not only is the act itself "criminal", that you think doing so is fine and dandy is no less "criminal".
Disciplining a six month old baby serves no purpose because the child does not understand it. What possible behavior would the parent be trying to correct? If the child is crying for no reason, spanking the child would just increase the crying.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#626016 May 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A large number of Christians believe that the earth and humanity are just 6,000 years old. They get that figure by following the genealogies written in the Bible.
Since the ancient people who wrote the Bible (without any godly inspiration) knew absolutely nothing about archaeology, paleoanthropology, or blood and DNA science they got it wrong.
If God were real, of course He would know all about the ability of humans to invent the science that would enable us to know the actual truth about our origins and He would cause the writers to write what is real.
The Bible was written by Iron Age Hebrews using old spoken myths that came down from earlier even times. There is evidence of 2 different myths/tales blended together. It is not Godly inspired and the writers had no idea that we would be able to find the truth of its claims in modern times.
If you can somehow make the Adam and Eve story fit into the fact that humans arose from pre-humans 200,000 years ago in the African bush and some of them mated with other pre-humans much later, I would love to hear, see, or read it.
By 30,000 years ago humans were everywhere on earth except the Americas and the Antarctic.
By 15,000+- years ago humans were everywhere on earth except Antarctica.
It is safe to say that the majority of Christians are not Young Earthers, the majority believe the bible is inspired by God and necessarily literal.

That being said, you're arguing with me, who is not a YEC'er.

I believe in creation through evolution, or 'progressive creation'.

Instead of me writing it all out, here:

https://www.google.com/search...

Look for yourself.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626017 May 23, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Another lie - we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place if "god gave us the ability to figure out how". We would have BEEN figured it out and been able to explain it clearly.
Why would you assume that?

We can't even cure cancer, why would you assume we'd have figured it out already?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626018 May 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we now have the ability to figure out where we came from, and when we arrived on the scene. The truth about us humans and our journey to the present day DO NOT match the Bible.
How do you figure? Again, the bible doesn't say when God created Adam & Eve, just that He did.

Is it possible that God seeded this planet and made our unique solar system a perfect fit for us? Sure it is.

Besides that, the "ability" we have to 'figure out where we came from, and when we arrived on the scene' changes too often to be reliable. We need more time, maybe even a few more thousand years.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#626019 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known the word "vernacular" for a long time, she claimed I just learned it yesterday, from her.
Funny that you didn't ask OCB to prove that...
Ok, I'll prove it to you. But I need your help.
How can I prove memories?
KARL44 WROTE: do you remember hitting your babies?

You can prove memories RR by putting your baby in it's highchair, and raise your hand to the baby. You will see that the baby remember's you doing that before as the baby will look very worried. Hence it has a memory.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626020 May 23, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Disciplining a six month old baby serves no purpose because the child does not understand it. What possible behavior would the parent be trying to correct? If the child is crying for no reason, spanking the child would just increase the crying.
Babies don't cry for no reason, there's always a reason.

Typically, it's because they're hungry, or have a poopy diaper, or have a rash, or are teething, etc. None of those warrant any kind of discipline.

But they also cry for attention, or to get noticed, or because they're bored, etc. That kind of behavior should be rectified as early as possible.

It worked very well on my two sons. They never, EVER, had any kind of physical damage done do them (bruises, etc), it was always seldom and always very light - just enough to spark their attention and get them learning that dad is boss and they need to obey.

“Go Chiefs!”

Since: Jan 12

Kansas City, MO

#626021 May 23, 2013
Atheists question God's beginnings, but accept that the universe is eternal.

Simple-mindedness and hypocrisy at its finest.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#626022 May 23, 2013
OK I have you pegged now.

Progressive creation is at least close to understanding what really happened..:-)

The YEC's are just plain wacko.

Evolution is true.....

#626023 May 23, 2013
Matthew Rayfield wrote:
Atheists question God's beginnings, but accept that the universe is eternal.
Simple-mindedness and hypocrisy at its finest.
I don't think that is true. We know our present universe is about 14 billion years old, but we don't know if there was anything before it or if there will be something after it.

We simply do not know if the universe is eternal, but doubt it is.

The reason we question God's beginnings is we know it does not follow the Bible, and we therefore doubt his existence.

Australia

#626024 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't specific but ok.
It isn't criminal to spank a "BABY".
If you doubt me, look up the laws yourself.
OCB WROTE: RR, I have been nothing BUT specific and have repeatedly posted that hitting a 6 month old BABY is WRONG and is "criminal".

AGAIN- I didn't SAY LEGALLY criminal; can you think outside of the box even once??

You never heard someone say something was "criminal" having NOTHING to do with the law?

Geesh.....

And about that- there are MANY things which are legal and probably shouldn't be just as there are MANY things which are ILLEGAL and probably shouldn't be.

Regardless, I was not using the word "criminal" in the sense in which it applies to law.

So- it IS "criminal" that you see nothing wrong with striking 6 month old BABIES.

Not only is the act itself "criminal", that you think doing so is fine and dandy is no less "criminal".

Is it Christian Morality?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626025 May 23, 2013
saidI wrote:

You can prove memories RR by putting your baby in it's highchair, and raise your hand to the baby. You will see that the baby remember's you doing that before as the baby will look very worried. Hence it has a memory.
What the hell makes you think that back when I spanked my babies I "raised my hand"?

What kind of a mean son of a bitch would need to "raise their hand" to spank a baby?!

I never did anything like that. When I say "spank a baby", that doesn't mean I take out my belt or a switch and smacking them as hard as I can. That means I would tap them, literally, on the back of the hand with one finger or I would lightly slap them on their diaper-padded butt.

That isn't violent. That's discipline.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626027 May 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
OK I have you pegged now.
Progressive creation is at least close to understanding what really happened..:-)
The YEC's are just plain wacko.
Agreed.

Stop pegging me :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#626028 May 23, 2013
saidI wrote:
Is it Christian Morality?
It has nothing to do with being a Christian or not being a Christian, it has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. It has to do with parenting and nothing more.

In the state of California, it is perfectly legal to spank your children. Something that is perfectly legal, by all rights and purposes, CANNOT be criminal.

It is your opinion that spanking your kids is criminal, it is not a fact and it is not a law.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#626029 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
What? you were a cellmate with Buck before?

Evolution is true.....

#626030 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure? Again, the bible doesn't say when God created Adam & Eve, just that He did.
Is it possible that God seeded this planet and made our unique solar system a perfect fit for us? Sure it is.
Besides that, the "ability" we have to 'figure out where we came from, and when we arrived on the scene' changes too often to be reliable. We need more time, maybe even a few more thousand years.
Mistake were made in a time when we didn't have the knowledge or instrumentation we now have. 60 some years ago we were just learning about age dating and building the necessary tools to implement the science.

A hundred years ago we were digging up the first human and pre-human skeleton in Africa....in a hundred years a LOT was learned and many more people got involved and we learned from our past mistakes

Yes, some frauds were generated and some idiots made claims that were ridiculous and flat out wrong....but all of these happened before there was a strong peer-review system in place, such as we have now.

And contrary to some peoples fantasies, the sciences do NOT have a conspiracy in place to prove Christianity false. A small percentage of scientists are Christian believers.

Evolution is true.....

#626031 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
I'm sorry....What does 'pegging' mean??
Rush

Nebraska City, NE

#626032 May 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry....What does 'pegging' mean??
Um, do you really want to know?

Evolution is true.....

#626033 May 23, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, do you really want to know?
Umm....do I??

Australia

#626034 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with being a Christian or not being a Christian, it has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. It has to do with parenting and nothing more.
In the state of California, it is perfectly legal to spank your children. Something that is perfectly legal, by all rights and purposes, CANNOT be criminal.
It is your opinion that spanking your kids is criminal, it is not a fact and it is not a law.
There happens to be a difference between 6 month old babies and kids.

Australia

#626035 May 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell makes you think that back when I spanked my babies I "raised my hand"?
What kind of a mean son of a bitch would need to "raise their hand" to spank a baby?!
I never did anything like that. When I say "spank a baby", that doesn't mean I take out my belt or a switch and smacking them as hard as I can. That means I would tap them, literally, on the back of the hand with one finger or I would lightly slap them on their diaper-padded butt.
That isn't violent. That's discipline.
When I say "raise a hand", I don't mean bash the "F" out of someone, I just meant "raising your hand".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min ATHEOI 70,026
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 20 min ImFree2Choose 4,929
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Brian_G 282,861
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 57 min ImFree2Choose 2,971
I hate 'God' (Apr '14) 1 hr Moral Man 192
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Ricky F 183,441
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Peace_Warrior 618,827
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Anthony MN 658,358
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 7 hr Jersey97boy 86
More from around the web