Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#625857 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what it means, but it still holds as an atheists statement, not Christian.
Unless you think you can prove that we think God is a "manifestation of [our] ego".....
Since you have no demonstrable and verifiable evidence, the only thing your god could be is an extension of your own ego.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#625858 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That "rumor" has never been disproven in any way.
Kinda like the theory of evolution....
And you believe THAT is real.
Imagine that.
Funny thing that you know so little about the theory of evolution too.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#625859 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
crap
http://atheistempire.com/reference/brain/main...
It better take this time.
:-/
:q

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#625860 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh.... How have you come by this astounding information?
Has it been observed, repeated and peer reviewed?
Or is it perhaps just your opinion?
Do you think that if a God came down from heaven to make us humans that he would make us a relative of Neanderthals. Neanderthal DNA is close to but not actually human.

The fact of our carrying genes/blood from Neanderthals has been repeated and peer reviewed.

What do you make of this fact??

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#625861 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that if a God came down from heaven to make us humans that he would make us a relative of Neanderthals. Neanderthal DNA is close to but not actually human.
The fact of our carrying genes/blood from Neanderthals has been repeated and peer reviewed.
What do you make of this fact??
God works in mysterious ways.

And he has a plan.

Question him, or his plan, and roast forever in the lake of fire.

See? It's easy!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#625862 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. I didn't just make that up though... they've actually researched it.
The research must have been done at Walmart
Peoopleofwalmart.com

#625863 May 22, 2013
Sorry..... Bad spelling on my Part

Peopleofwalmart.com

Try this instead..... Stupid fat finger....>:/

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#625864 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God works in mysterious ways.
And he has a plan.
Question him, or his plan, and roast forever in the lake of fire.
See? It's easy!
I lived in Long Beach for about 10 years....long ago. Last time I was there I was struck by how much dirtier the town was.

Your Baptist/Pentecostal Lake of Fire crap is so stupid..:-)

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#625865 May 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Just out of curiosity - what level of experience have you had with biogenetics?
Well, up till about 3 weeks ago i had none at all...lol

Just being doing some reasearch on the web of late, to try and get some what of an idea of it, the whole " Macro evolution" thingy..

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#625866 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived in Long Beach for about 10 years....long ago. Last time I was there I was struck by how much dirtier the town was.
Your Baptist/Pentecostal Lake of Fire crap is so stupid..:-)
Today, Long Beach is a beautiful place.

You wouldn't recognize it.

Everything I know about the supposed Lake of Fire, I have learned from "Christians" on these threads.

#625867 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Today, Long Beach is a beautiful place.
You wouldn't recognize it.
Everything I know about the supposed Lake of Fire, I have learned from "Christians" on these threads.
Hey Catcher! When I used to work at FHP Medical Center there at 7th and Alamitos a few years back it wasn't the safest place to walking down the street during lunch. I didn't care because I figured with my High and tight haircut (jarhead) and my white shirt and tie, I just figured that all the drug dealers, ho's and pimps thought I was either a cop or worse yet a Jehovah's Witness. Either way, if they saw a white looking dude in that area he must be crazy and surely not to be messed with.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#625868 May 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Who or what is the 'it' you talk of here??
<quoted text>
Both the Messiah and/or Lucifer (Antichrist) Daniel mixes up the two.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#625869 May 22, 2013
Another couple of religious nuts, have cut the head off someone.
The guy yelling dripping in his victims blood, yells "sorry to the women that had to witness this, "his" women witness this everyday". If he doesn't want his women to see that, then Muslims should stop killing each other. He of cause yelled "God is Great"!
He told the crowd that, "no women" was allowed to touch the (decapitated) victim!
Jokes on him he was shot by a female, police officer, and is now being attended to by female nurses and Doctors, in hospital!
These inhuman people believe in the same God you Catholics and Christians believe in, they even believe in Jesus. This is what religion does to people. No not all people which we should be thankful for! But don't bother with the Christians don't act like this. Did any of you see, "Jesus Boot camp"? and we've now all seen the good Christian people, with kids, at dead gay soldiers, funerals protesting, disrupting, telling mourner's their dead loved one ain't going to heaven. Forcing their kids to be fanatics.
I think religion is a very bad thing.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#625870 May 22, 2013
What_You_Talkin_Bout wrote:
This whole thing is stupid. what is this doing? it's not changing what people believe and its not proving anything to anyone. just stop this bullshit and believe what you believe even if it might not be the right thing. MIGHT.
every moral citizen has an obligation to stand against evil

Location hidden

#625871 May 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion can be blind and dead. The Anti-Christ will seem to be a religious person. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there first come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."
It is easier for religious people to revolt and rebel against God because they are not sealed by his spirit. We are baptized into the family of God by his spirit. Thus He (Spirit) directs us towards God. This is the personal relationship that becomes established. It is a wonderful thing to know God. It is even more wonderful when God knows us. He can only recognize his own if the Holy Spirit resides in us.
Isaiah 65:5 "who say, Keep away; don't come near me, for I am too scared for you! Such people are smoke in my nostrils, a fire that keeps burning all day."
Religion==== is a practice of rituals and ceremonials which can easily stifle the move of the spirit. Religion does not normally invite the Spirit of God but rather religion seeks its own. Mark 7:3 "For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the traditions of the elders." Religion practices the doctrine and commandments of men, laying aside the commandments of God. In rejecting God's commandments they make the Word of God of none effect.
Matthew 23:23 "Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."
Religion is formalism====. Galatians 4:10_11 ye observe days, and months and times and years. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain."
Religion=== wants to be seen by others. Matthew 6:5 "And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they might be seen of men.(Titus 1:16, 1 John 6:46)(Ecc 5:1)
Religion=== is formalism, people ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2 Timothy 3:5 "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." The reason that they deny the power of God is because they have not tasted it. Only through the Spirit of God can one partake of the power of God. Never having experienced the baptism in the Holy Spirit these are people who feel that through works alone they can achieve a eternal reward.(Ezekiel 33:31-32)
P23;writes.. See the difference huh?
A """"" relationship""" "" with God is only possible because of what Jesus done by his life, death and resurrection. John 1:1-3 "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Fathers' house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself: that where I am, there ye may be also." If we read on we will see that more promises are given to his followers. John 1:15-21. "If you love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; even the spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
the god loves, best;
the intellectually bereft

#625872 May 22, 2013
saidI wrote:
Another couple of religious nuts, have cut the head off someone.
The guy yelling dripping in his victims blood, yells "sorry to the women that had to witness this, "his" women witness this everyday". If he doesn't want his women to see that, then Muslims should stop killing each other. He of cause yelled "God is Great"!
He told the crowd that, "no women" was allowed to touch the (decapitated) victim!
Jokes on him he was shot by a female, police officer, and is now being attended to by female nurses and Doctors, in hospital!
These inhuman people believe in the same God you Catholics and Christians believe in, they even believe in Jesus. This is what religion does to people. No not all people which we should be thankful for! But don't bother with the Christians don't act like this. Did any of you see, "Jesus Boot camp"? and we've now all seen the good Christian people, with kids, at dead gay soldiers, funerals protesting, disrupting, telling mourner's their dead loved one ain't going to heaven. Forcing their kids to be fanatics.
I think religion is a very bad thing.
Pardon the intrusion..... But you did say "religious nuts" am I to conclude that the act of one or of several is meant to speak for all of that group?
A fat guy kills someone so that means far people are bad? What's next from you? Blacks? Gays?

It's not the belief in God that's bad.... It's those that use that belief to achieve their own agenda regardless if they themselves don't believe in God or not.....

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#625873 May 22, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Catcher! When I used to work at FHP Medical Center there at 7th and Alamitos a few years back it wasn't the safest place to walking down the street during lunch. I didn't care because I figured with my High and tight haircut (jarhead) and my white shirt and tie, I just figured that all the drug dealers, ho's and pimps thought I was either a cop or worse yet a Jehovah's Witness. Either way, if they saw a white looking dude in that area he must be crazy and surely not to be messed with.
Today, the Museum of Latin American Art is there, and it's fine. You don't want to go to a few other places, like Pacific and PCH though. I'm by the beach.

Location hidden

#625874 May 22, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, so you are one of those who think and feel that a person who isnt a "scientist" or believes in darwinnies Evolution, has wasted their life...
Thats very "shallow" and arrogant ,,word. You place yourself high on the pedastale...
One word you said that "you" should keep in my mind, and thats the "possibility" God does exist, because as you are getting older and your health is deteriating, and all those possible close death experiences you may face in life come your way, any giving day or night you are only one breath away from finding that truth out..
uneducated, paranoid, and christian

YA

who wants some?

Location hidden

#625875 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Belief and faith can accomplish amazing things.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unreasonable... ;
FYI, talking to crazy people too long will make you crazy. ;)
I hardly ever respond to you
Sirr

London, KY

#625876 May 22, 2013
It's 12:21!!!. Makes me Blaspheme!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min scienceanswersall 688,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 50 min scienceanswersall 35,939
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr LEAVE AMERICA 42
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr RFD 619,808
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 2 hr RFD 12
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 7 hr Doctor REALITY 55
We do NOT need any walls! 8 hr Watch for Finger 29
More from around the web