“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625592 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The Adam and Eve story was proven by its re enactment in the beginning of January 1984. God killed Adam with words and said, "If you do you're dead" He did and then him, Matthew, and Luke hung themselves at ATO fraternity house (A house of brothers at Old Dominion University) ATO is Alpha Tau Omega.
What is this?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#625593 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously.
These are the same radical asshats who hang on every word that Sam Harris writes; the same Sam Harris who wants to make it legal to chemically, surgically or genetically lobotomize the free will out of any person who has religious thoughts. Well, not "any" persons; apparently he thinks its up to him to decide which religion is acceptable. Buddhism and Janism are ok but not Christianity or any other Abrahamic sect and, yet, Harris would get all self-righteously offended if you suggested that his beliefs were bigoted.
Sam Harris is posting on Topix?

What's his handle here?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625594 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Free will is a ridiculous apologetic to try and impotently obviate the Euthyphro Dilemma.
False dilemma fallacy.
Finally, explain how the concept of free will excuses the rapist in their act but does not address the victims free will against not being raped.
??

How is something forced upon someone compared to free will?!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625595 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously.
These are the same radical asshats who hang on every word that Sam Harris writes; the same Sam Harris who wants to make it legal to chemically, surgically or genetically lobotomize the free will out of any person who has religious thoughts. Well, not "any" persons; apparently he thinks its up to him to decide which religion is acceptable. Buddhism and Janism are ok but not Christianity or any other Abrahamic sect and, yet, Harris would get all self-righteously offended if you suggested that his beliefs were bigoted.
Ok, you got me. I want nothing more than to watch every christian burst into flames. You should be able to relate, seeing as your belief tells you that I am doomed for the eternal fire.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625596 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Sam Harris? You like to make things up as you go along. In Topixland, that is generally called a Christian.
Ah, I see who Sam Harris is. Actually, he is just passing along that the concept of free will is nothing more than a failed, tired apologetic. Your assertion of his desire to bring harm to Christians is nothing more than salacious lies and slander. Why, you must be a Christian.
Stop pretending that you don't know what he has suggested concerning oppressing the ability of free thought in those who follow the doctrines of Abrahamic sects.

Location hidden

#625597 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>How these clowns can proclaim presentism while simultaneously declaring that their malleable god never changes is hysterical.
It really is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625598 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, your positive claim was that I lied. Prove it. OCB has nothing to do with this. Prove that I lied. That was your claim.
Sorry, you can't pretzel logic your way with me. You don't have the skills or the stones. This beautiful woman is way smarter than you.
I don't have the ability of mental gymnastics like you do.

Just provide evidence that the writers of the bible were goat herders, as you claimed.

If you can't, I'll keep assuming that you're lying.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#625599 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Sam Harris? You like to make things up as you go along. In Topixland, that is generally called a Christian.
Ah, I see who Sam Harris is. Actually, he is just passing along that the concept of free will is nothing more than a failed, tired apologetic. Your assertion of his desire to bring harm to Christians is nothing more than salacious lies and slander. Why, you must be a Christian.
Aha! Are you the Sam Harris to whom nano refers?

J'accuse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625600 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The story disproves itself, dipstick.
Well shit, with THAT kind of argument you may just sway me...

'_'

Location hidden

#625601 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this?
It is either:
a) a poe
b) an example of what your religion can do to a mind

Take your pick.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625602 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who? What Christians do that? Are you implying that all Christians act and think alike?
Can you give me ONE example of a Christian committing a crime "for God"?
<quoted text>
Yes, "was". Until he renounced his Christianity (just like a lot of atheist poster have admitted to doing).
<quoted text>
Wait, are you talking about Hitler or are you talking about the Nazis and/or Germany?
<quoted text>
Oh, you're not talking about Hitler, got it.
No two Christians act alike because their immoral religion is only an extension of their ego. Your god hates the same things you do.

You are either purposefully dishonest or woefully stupid. They can't commit a crime for their god, it is imaginary, but they certainly can use their imaginary friend for justification. It happens every day. I gave you plenty of examples in previous posts. That you what to "three monkey statue" it is your failing.

Hitler never renounced his Christianity. It was an integral part of Nazi Germany. It was the impetus for the Holocaust. It was in the writings of Mein Kampf and in German law at the time. If you are referring to "Hitler's Table Talk", that is a known forgery by a desperate Christian trying to distance himself from the evils available due to your immoral dogma.

In Hitler-- Memoirs of a Confidant, Hitler reveals himself through conversation to colleagues from a conference on economic policy. In it Hitler is reported to have spoken, glowingly, about raising the "treasures of the living Christ," "the persecution of the true Christians and sanctimonious churches that have placed themselves between God and man and to turn away from the anti-Christian , smug individualism of the past," and "to educate the youth in particular in the spirit of those of Christ's words that we must interpret anew: love one another; be considerate of your fellow man; remember that each of you is not alone a creature of God, but that you are all brothers!"

Hitler, the Nazis, Christianity, and Germany. Bedfellows. The codified laws included theocratic pronouncements. You didn't read that list, did you, "three monkey statue"? You're flailing in the wind here. It must be so painful to be so wrong about everything.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625603 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
Look at this Biblical faux pas:
The Paschal (Passover) was the first and single most important festival in the Old Testament. God ordered all the descendants of Israel to celebrate Passover:
“And this day shall become to you a remembrance. And you shall observe it as a festival to The Lord throughout your generations – observe it as a festival, an everlasting law.”- Exodus 12:14
And again in Leviticus 23:5, 14:
“In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to The Lord.”
“…– a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
The Lord required the entire nation to attend Paschal and made allowances for those who lived far away from “…the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name” which was eventually Solomon’s Temple in Jerusalem:
“Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.”- Deuteronomy 14:22-26
Those who lived far away and could not carry their tithe were allowed to trade the tithe for silver and purchase a sacrifice at the Temple with that silver. Local merchants who lived in Jerusalem would set up tables in the Temple to provide this service as required by God himself.
You can imagine their reaction to Jesus when he did what he did in Matthew:
Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves [which was an acceptable sacrifice for one who doesn’t have much money].“It is written,” he said to them,“‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’(Isaiah 55:7) but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”- Matthew 21:12-13
The so called “money changers” were chased out of the Temple and chastised by Jesus for providing a service that God required them to provide. The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. Either your imaginary friends are really incompetent middle managers or the whole thing is just silly make believe. Occam's Razor points to silly make believe.
I guess "change" is an alien word to you.

Jesus tore the veil of Judaism, the old laws became irrelevant as we had a new way of communicating with God.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625604 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop pretending that you don't know what he has suggested concerning oppressing the ability of free thought in those who follow the doctrines of Abrahamic sects.
Pretending? You claimed he wanted to bring actual harm. Now you are moving the goal posts. In Topixland, we call that acting Christian. Those who follow the immoral doctrines of the immoral Abrahamic religions should be incarcerated.

Location hidden

#625605 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop pretending that you don't know what he has suggested concerning oppressing the ability of free thought in those who follow the doctrines of Abrahamic sects.
I've heard him be very critical of the muslim faith, never abrahamic faith in general. In fact, oftentimes when he criticizes the muslim faith, he compares it to the christian faith as an example of a religion that does not induce it's followers to blow things up constantly.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625606 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>No, I showed Christians killing for corporations who believed they were killing for Christianity.
No, you didn't.

One. Just ONE example of Christians, modern Christians, killing FOR Christianity.

Go.
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625607 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shit, with THAT kind of argument you may just sway me...
'_'
I am not trying to sway you. I just like showing Topixland where you are wrong. What you think is of as little import as how deeply you think. Religion has poisoned you, baby hitter.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625608 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You just made a positive claim. Prove she is lying.
I've known the word "vernacular" for a long time, she claimed I just learned it yesterday, from her.

Funny that you didn't ask OCB to prove that...

Ok, I'll prove it to you. But I need your help.

How can I prove memories?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#625609 May 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People who demand proof of God's existence are people who choose to remain stupid.
Only a fundie could believe that seeking information actually means someone is trying to remain stupid...

Why do fundies hate knowledge so much?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625610 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hey!
I don't mean you, hotstuff...

;)
Huh

Bedford, TX

#625611 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess "change" is an alien word to you.
Jesus tore the veil of Judaism, the old laws became irrelevant as we had a new way of communicating with God.
Haha. Sure. Nice try.

One side of mouth: God never changes.

Other side of mouth: See, change!

Dumb man speak with forked tongue.

The twisted pretzel logic required to foment this ego masturbation you call Christianity lays waste to any of its claims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 585,738
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min Classic 2,306
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Chess Jurist 442,969
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min curtjester1 40,217
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 57 min boots 59
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 99,250
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 3,930
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr dr Shrink 611,943
More from around the web