|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:
God just saved George Michael the Gay singer, who just fell out of a car doing 110 Km per hour! LOVL
But somehow could not find the time to save the children who died in that tornado yesterday...

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>SMH. Al, you're too smart for this kind of twisted logic!
How is it that when people ask you to prove your god, or when they say the word "god" does that implicate that god exists?
If I mention megliodites, does that mean that megliodites have a hold on me? Do megliodites exist, too? Am I fascinated with megliodites?
It is nonsensical that a god would create those that didn't believe in him. God defeated his own purpose! Shot himself in the foot! Al, why do you believe in a god that messes up so badly? This god that has messed up has a hold on you! Don't you want a god that does things RIGHT, like, say, curing death?
What I was saying is that the thought of God cannot be erased from the human mind. Aero said that it will never happen in his lifetime. Frankly, I do believe he is right. However, I don't believe that God will ever be eliminated. I just happen to think that as a human species, the development and worshiping of spirits and of Gods is what helped make homo sapien unique and separate from the other hominids and still to this day continues to drive us to grow and to expand.

The question I have for you Sharkey is do you believe in God? Even an imperfect one as you seem to see him in your eyes?

Because if it is as you say that he is flawed, nonsensical. Then he must exist in some form right?

We all see things as we wish to see them. We all feel things as we wish to feel them. And ultimately we either love or hate things as our experiences taught us to feel them.
Blue or red. Your choice
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, I believe there is a Creator but none of the self-serving formal religions is capable of defining Him.
How can you define the undefinable?
It would be forever futile since "we are not capable" of defining it, so why even try? "We are not capable" anyway!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>F*cking LIAR!
You f*cking religionists f*cking fighting with each other WILL CAUSE THE SELF-EXTINCTION OF THE ENTIRE! HUMAN! RACE!
YOU RELIGIONISTS ARE MASS-MURDERING BASTARDS.
Stalin, Mao Zedong, all Communistic, Godless rulers. Together they caused around at least 60 million deaths.

Don't forget your ex-Catholic pal Hitler, he murdered over 17 million just in the concentration camps.

All totaled, over 4 billion deaths have been on the hands of atheist, godless leaders.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

What_You_Talkin_Bout wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone who isn't Christian thinks it's the same as being Catholic. lemme show you how we're not the same. Catholics worship statues, Christians don't, Catholics worship the Virgin Mary, Christians don't, Catholics baptize babies when they don't even know whats going on, Christians get baptized when they choose to, there are different types of different religions. And I'm not even a official Christian, i'm still learning, so yeah im kinda stupid, if i knew better i would have just ignored this forum but hey, im human, i make mistakes so im sorry i have bothered you.
This Catholics vs. Christians is really Christians fighting each other. You're caught up in a FALSE, TIME-WASTING BATTLE with those OF YOUR OWN FAITH!

CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS, TOO!

THIS BATTLE IS FAKE.

It's just Christians fighting each other.
What_You_Talkin_ Bout

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

LMAO that guy made me literally laugh out loud! I'm out of here lol people are putting in random stuff into their arguments even those defending God (which doesn't need defending) so I'm out this was a waiste of time. Come on people let's leave this behind and just go out and get a life instead of arguing about belief on the internet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:

Look, man, you can believe in whatever the f*ck you want, you just have no right to try to kill or convert people to it!
A fair statement. I agree (wow).

Lemme ask ya, what Christians are killing for Christianity?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

saidI wrote:
God just saved George Michael the Gay singer, who just fell out of a car doing 110 Km per hour! LOVL
I guess he's got ta have faith...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh...More of that ole Christian luv!
Enjoying your ProudToBeRacist PhonyAss Lying Hypocrite Circus!
dee dee dee dee dedelededed.....
Ah, such hypocrisy....
What_You_Talkin_ Bout

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Believe there is a God, or not. why should it matter what others believe in and what they think of your beliefs? It doesn't matter if you're Christian or Catholic or Muslim or Jewish or Atheist, just live your life man, and you'll probably find out that enjoying a happy life is better than arguing on the internet

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

What_You_Talkin_Bout wrote:
<quoted text> Everyone who isn't Christian thinks it's the same as being Catholic. lemme show you how we're not the same. Catholics worship statues, Christians don't, Catholics worship the Virgin Mary, Christians don't, Catholics baptize babies when they don't even know whats going on, Christians get baptized when they choose to, there are different types of different religions. And I'm not even a official Christian, i'm still learning, so yeah im kinda stupid, if i knew better i would have just ignored this forum but hey, im human, i make mistakes so im sorry i have bothered you.
Catholics don't believe they can pray to God, they pray to dead people - saints.

Christians no longer live under the curse of the law but under grace. We are still expected to live by the law, Catholics disagree.

Catholics think the RCC is the supreme authority, Christians think God is.

The list goes on and on... All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>This Catholics vs. Christians is really Christians fighting each other. You're caught up in a FALSE, TIME-WASTING BATTLE with those OF YOUR OWN FAITH!
CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS, TOO!
THIS BATTLE IS FAKE.
It's just Christians fighting each other.
There is no "battle".

There is no "fighting".

What are you talking about?
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia gives a range of 1.2 to 1.57 billion Muslims. This is a difference of 370 million....
Not even close.
What happens with the number of Muslims out there is that they count by country, for example, they consider Morocco a Muslim country and they count all the population of Morocco and they take them as Muslims but there are Catholics, Christians, etc that are included as if they were Muslims...
That's why the numbers are different depending on the source...
So you think there's 1.8 billion Muslims?
Prove it.
According to www.muslimpopulation.com , the worldwide Muslim Population in 2012 was 2.01 billion; and so far in 2013 the number is now 2.04 billion.

Wikipedia is undercounting by SO much, and they're basing it on 3-year-old data.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, sure. Find me a smart Miss America, or Miss universe, or miss whatever pageant winner.
Show me a smart hot girl and I'll show you a miracle.
You know, for you to be oh-sooo-reliiiigious, you sure have some f*cked up priorities. According to your Neanderthal @ss, pretty girls can't be smart.

At one point on here you said you were handsome.

If pretty girls can't be smart, then handsome guys can't be smart either.

There are HIMbo's out there. So you saying that you're just a HIMbo?

Since: Mar 11

Port Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

saidI wrote:

Sharkey Wrote: But somehow could not find the time to save the children who died in that tornado yesterday...

I Said: I do hope their Gods do bless those people in that Natural disaster. Horrifying. And more to come know doubt.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And the following quotes are even more than 200 years old:
Thomas Paine
"I would not dare to so dishonor my Creator God by attaching His name to that book (the Bible)."
"It is the duty of every true Diest to vindicate the moral justice of God against the evils of the Bible."
These Founding Fathers were a reflection of the American population. Having escaped from the state-established religions of Europe, only 7% of the people in the 13 colonies belonged to a church when the Declaration of Independence was signed.
Thomas Jefferson
"I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to
support roguery and error all over the earth."
"Christianity...(has become) the most perverted system that ever shone on man...Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and imposters led by Paul, the first great corruptor of the teachings of Jesus."
Jefferson's word for the Bible? "Dunghill."
http://www.ecis.com/~alizard/founding-fathers...
So, what's your point?
Good and Evil has existed from creation, those are writtings of wicked men...

Thats nothing compared to some manuscripts that date before BC, and 2nd and 3rd century AD writings..

Parts of the New Testament have been preserved in more manuscripts than any other ancient work, having over 5,800 complete or fragmented Greek manuscripts, 10,000 Latin manuscripts and 9,300 manuscripts in various other ancient languages including Syriac, Slavic, Gothic, Ethiopic, Coptic and Armenian.

Dead Sea Scrolls

Tanakh at Qumran

Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek (Septuagint)

c. 150 BCE 70 CE

The Aleppo Codex (c. 920 CE) and Leningrad Codex (c. 1008 CE) were the oldest Hebrew language manuscripts of the Tanakh. The 1947 find at Qumran of the Dead Sea scrolls pushed the manuscript history of the Tanakh back a millennium from the two earliest complete codices. Before this discovery, the earliest extant manuscripts of the Old Testament were in Greek in manuscripts such as Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus. Out of the roughly 800 manuscripts found at Qumran, 220 are from the Tanakh. Every book of the Tanakh is represented except for the Book of Esther; however, most are fragmentary. Notably, there are two scrolls of the Book of Isaiah, one complete (1QIsa), and one around 75% complete (1QIsb). These manuscripts generally date between 150 BCE to 70 CE.[1]

Ancient Jewish scribes developed many practices to protect copies of their scriptures from error.
Sharkey

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Emaam wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't try to define the Creator. I'm here so I was created. There isn't proof on either side of the argument regarding What created me, so I agree with you, its futile. But it is dangerous when organized religion tries to foist THEIR definition on others.
You're here because your parents had sex and your mother gave birth to you. Your parents are the creators of you.

The second part of your statement is definitely true. It IS dangerous when organized religion has done that, and it HAS been dangerous.

Humans are at the brink of self-extinction because of it.

Since: Mar 11

Port Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia gives a range of 1.2 to 1.57 billion Muslims. This is a difference of 370 million....
Not even close.
What happens with the number of Muslims out there is that they count by country, for example, they consider Morocco a Muslim country and they count all the population of Morocco and they take them as Muslims but there are Catholics, Christians, etc that are included as if they were Muslims...
That's why the numbers are different depending on the source...
So you think there's 1.8 billion Muslims?
Prove it.
So then they would do the same equation with other countries claiming them all to be Catholic, or Christian. Italy = Catholic, Australia = Christian. South America = Catholic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>According to www.muslimpopulation.com , the worldwide Muslim Population in 2012 was 2.01 billion; and so far in 2013 the number is now 2.04 billion.
Wikipedia is undercounting by SO much, and they're basing it on 3-year-old data.
Well, golly gee...

muslim population.com ?!

LMMFAO!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You know, for you to be oh-sooo-reliiiigious, you sure have some f*cked up priorities. According to your Neanderthal @ss, pretty girls can't be smart.
At one point on here you said you were handsome.
If pretty girls can't be smart, then handsome guys can't be smart either.
There are HIMbo's out there. So you saying that you're just a HIMbo?
I asked for a smart Miss America, or Miss Whatever....

Go.

Or shut up and admit its true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

554 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min EdmondWA 93,708
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Chess 532,734
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min number four 224,168
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min The Awakener 172,368
Last Word + 2 36 min Richies Cool Man Diary 70
Shock Poll: 40% Still not Sure Obama is America... 48 min WasteWater 19
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr sonu 400
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 115,080
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 256,491
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••