Prove there's a god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625623 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Like I asked Huh; how can I prove memories?
Or because we can't prove memories, are you also gonna claim that they don't exist....?
Except that we can, you know, totally "prove memories." I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

Location hidden

#625624 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really NOT going to?
M'kay...
No wonder you're a non-believer, you're biblically ignorant.
No wonder you don't believe what I do, you don't believe what I do!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625625 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Who makes the distinction between which laws are ancient and which are not? I say the commandment "thou shall not kill" is not meant for us, it was meant for an ancient people.
RR, you know there's no such thing as witches, right?
I know there's no such thing as witches. In the original text, the word wasn't 'witches', it was 'poisoners'- as in 'poisoners of the word of God.

King James changed it because he feared witches and moreover, he feared women. So he thought, ignorantly, "Let's try to make everyone hate women".

"Kill the witch" is not in the NT, it's a specific law for a specific people, specifically the Israelites and specifically those Israelites that were borderline atheists and didn't know God.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625626 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean you, hotstuff...
;)
So now there are seven exceptions. Looks like your steadfast rule is no longer a rule. Idiot

Location hidden

#625627 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. So, nana moly is lying.
Well, he's definitely been critical of all faith in general, but only *that* critical of the muslim faith.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625628 May 22, 2013
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
Santa don't exist? Who the hell..? I... Yes he does! Now smart phones, they don't exist.
Ah, dammit! Then I suppose I'm tapping on a clay tablet.

Possibly papyrus....
Huh

Garland, TX

#625629 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I already argued this topic...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
...way too long with jerks who support Harris in his bigoted rantings and fantasies. There are links to Harris' rants in this thread.
To paraphrase Harris; All Christians and Muslims are liars, lying to themselves and the rest of humanity and, therefore, should have the ability to lie removed from their brains in any way possible.
Paraphrase? How about a quote? Christians and Muslims are lying, mostly to themselves. First you claimed he wanted to actively harm them, then you backpedalled. Now you are trying an end-around run. Why can't Topix Christians ever be honest?

How do you feel about Muslim suicide bombers? Should they be encouraged?
Huh

Garland, TX

#625630 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there's no such thing as witches. In the original text, the word wasn't 'witches', it was 'poisoners'- as in 'poisoners of the word of God.
King James changed it because he feared witches and moreover, he feared women. So he thought, ignorantly, "Let's try to make everyone hate women".
"Kill the witch" is not in the NT, it's a specific law for a specific people, specifically the Israelites and specifically those Israelites that were borderline atheists and didn't know God.
Pretzel logic.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625631 May 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam Harris is posting on Topix?
What's his handle here?
Ha! He's too busy trying to keep his face on tv to bother with something as unsatisfying as anonymous posting here. The man's ego won't let him participate in anything so mundane as arguing behind an avatar.

Location hidden

#625632 May 22, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I already argued this topic...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
...way too long with jerks who support Harris in his bigoted rantings and fantasies. There are links to Harris' rants in this thread.
To paraphrase Harris; All Christians and Muslims are liars, lying to themselves and the rest of humanity and, therefore, should have the ability to lie removed from their brains in any way possible.
I've never heard that before. So what? He is not a "representative for atheism." What he says does not have anything to do with me.

I mean, I do agree that every religious person is in a sense lying to themselves, intentionally or not, but I would never advocate for "removing the ability to lie." Do you have a link to a video of him saying that? Or his site?
Huh

Garland, TX

#625633 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder you don't believe what I do, you don't believe what I do!
Haha. Besides, the best way to become an atheist is to read the Bible. Really read it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625634 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Where is it commanded that *you* do anything? The bible was not written yesterday, nor is it directly addressed to you. Everything in it is addressed to an ancient, backwards, superstitious people - modern christians simply pick out the pieces they like and discard the pieces they dislike. It's not like the commandments/stories are prefaced with either "this one is totes for the future, you guys," or "forget about this one in 100 years everyone."
"In the beginning..." was written for all.

"For God so loved the world..." was written for all.

"Lot's daughters became pregnant..." was a story, not a commandment.

"Any man that lay with another..." was not a commandment to all, just to the Levite people.

"Kill the witch..." was a specific law to the Israelites of Exodus, not to everyone.

This is the problem with people that read the bible 'cover to cover', they oy read it once and they only read it literally. They don't bother with any kind of context in any scripture that they read.

I think this is why there's atheists, they're biblically ignorant and purposefully stay that way.

Location hidden

#625635 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then everything in the bible is only for the time period when it was written. You can't pick and choose. If we were living during the salem witch trials, you would be telling me that "do not kill" doesn't have to apply when dealing with witches, because clearly "do not kill" was for moses but "do not suffer a witch to live" is for salem.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625636 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
Here is an opportunity to donate to victims of the OK tornado without greedy churches taking their customary 90+% cut:
http://foundationbeyondbelief.org/node/1780
In a few weeks we should compare the proceeds of both your beyond belief place and the church's donations....

If you wanna be schooled, that is.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625637 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny about this is that there are scores of Christian sects and schisms that disagree with you and still believe it is a-okay to kill whatever they think is a witch. Fortunately, superior secular laws and morality have put them in a closet where they belong.

You'd think a god would be able to get this stuff right. Oh, that's right, it's imaginary and it isn't protesting mistranslations. Funny how many Christians consider the KJV as the only Bible. You people are insane.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625638 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Psalm 29:6
King James Version (KJV)
6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Doh!
Hey, how about one shred of anything that any gods actually exist.
See, this is why I say non-believers LOVE the KJV version, it's perfectly mideival for them.

Hint: The proper translation is not 'unicorn', it's 'wild ox'....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625639 May 22, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones in the bible?
No.
They never existed.
Any evidence for your claim?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#625640 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Pretending? You claimed he wanted to bring actual harm. Now you are moving the goal posts. In Topixland, we call that acting Christian. Those who follow the immoral doctrines of the immoral Abrahamic religions should be incarcerated.
Forcibly taking away someone's ability to think as they please is invasive, harmful.

I have yet to see a Christian propose using artificial gene manipulation of a brain to enforce their own doctrine on anyone. Harris has.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625641 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning..." was written for all.
"For God so loved the world..." was written for all.
"Lot's daughters became pregnant..." was a story, not a commandment.
"Any man that lay with another..." was not a commandment to all, just to the Levite people.
"Kill the witch..." was a specific law to the Israelites of Exodus, not to everyone.
This is the problem with people that read the bible 'cover to cover', they oy read it once and they only read it literally. They don't bother with any kind of context in any scripture that they read.
I think this is why there's atheists, they're biblically ignorant and purposefully stay that way.
There are atheists because there is no evidence of any gods. The funny thing about the a bible is each of you idiots interprets it your own way, with ego masturbation, all the way to 40,000 sects and schisms, and counting. So much for one true word.

The same could be said for your stance on the Koran. You are ignorant of it and choose not to believe it, when, in reality, the only reason you are a Christian as opposed to a Muslim is by accident of birth. Your mind would have been duped by either immoral ideology, you were just culturally-conditioned into this one.

There is no evidence for an Exodus, either.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#625642 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

1. I don't have an immoral religion.

2. We aren't in the future....
Aerobatty wrote:

Yes you do and yes we are.
No I don't.

We are in the future?!

Huh, kinda feels like the present....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Never-ending Doctor 30,109
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min Halle Berry Sister 3,558
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min scientia potentia... 617,982
Aguaje (Mar '11) 25 min Commongirl 103
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 44 min An NFL Fan 38,053
Hiseville IGA Phillips 58 min ayckmy 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 638,058
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good advice 43,922
More from around the web