OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#625092 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Look into it.
When you walk into a store and those big glass doors automatically slide open, that shit was sci-fi in the 50's...
No, it wasn't.

That the average person may have thought so in no way means scientists were scratching their heads over the possibility of automatic doors being invented or that scientists dismissed such an invention as something that could only be possible in science fiction.

You are SO naive.

Did you know that the CELL PHONE was first conceptualized in the 1940s and by the actress Hedy Lamarr?

Bet you didn't.....

"Hedy Lamarr is remembered as a stunning legend in Hollywood's Golden Age.

However, most people do not know that she would co-patent the technology for today's cellphones, Wi-Fi and GPS by building a torpedo for the U.S.Navy.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/315458#ixzz...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625093 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam will be its own undoing. They kill themselves from the inside out. More people convert from Islam to Christianity than vice versa.
Your little survey means diddly. As the worlds population grows, so does Christianity.
Why are you so STUPID that you call an article in Time Magazine "my" little survey?

Nope- it does NOT mean diddly- or at least not any more than YOUR claims that the entire world will convert to Christianity.

That will no more happen than will the entire world converting to Islam.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625094 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I'm discrediting is you.
All I'm asking you to do is show where I have to kill witches....
That's all.
I also want you to understand that parts of the bible are simply stories and not necessarily laws for all to obey.
Lot had sex with his daughters, right? Does that mean we are all supposed to? It IS written....
Don't be gullible.
You IDIOT. If you are commanded to NOT let a witch live, that means you are to KILL them.

RR, I'M not gullible, but YOU sure are in your moronic attempts to twist the words of the bible at your convenience and to suit your own agenda.

The bible CLEARLY states that you shalt not allow witches to live.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625095 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was from your link, my dear...
Sigh....I KNOW it was from my link, my dear.....the POINT of what I posted was not about the existence or non-existence of a god- it was about what our founding fathers had to say about the BIBLE.

DO try to keep up. I realize that for you, a belief in a god and a belief in the bible go hand-in-hand, but sorry to have to alert you on this- MANY believe in a god who do NOT believe in the bible and who do NOT believe the bible to be the word of any god which might exist.

Those quotes from a couple of the founding fathers are just a couple of examples of people who believe in a god but who do not believe in the bible.

Do try to learn the difference between the two.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#625096 May 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do you honestly think that in the 1950s and 1960s scientists thought that automatic doors were only possible in science fiction???
Are you for real??
Well, technically, credit should go to Heron of Alexandria, born about 10 BCE...

"Heron describes not one, but two different automatic door applications. The first application used heat from a fire lit by the city's temple priest. After, a few hours atmospheric pressure built up in a brass vessel causing it to pump water into adjacent holding containers. These holding containers acted as weights, that through a series of ropes and pulleys would open the temple's doors, at just about the time people were to arrive for prayer. Heron used a similar application to open the gates to the city."
http://edsdoors.com/history_of_automatic_door...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625097 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I'm discrediting is you.
All I'm asking you to do is show where I have to kill witches....
That's all.
I also want you to understand that parts of the bible are simply stories and not necessarily laws for all to obey.
Lot had sex with his daughters, right? Does that mean we are all supposed to? It IS written....
Don't be gullible.
No- you are discrediting YOURSELF.

You no more honor or believe in the bible than my CAT does.

If you did, you would take heed regarding what the bible CLEARLY states and you would not disrespect what YOUR god states in YOUR bible.

And you don't get to PICK and CHOOSE which parts of the bible are "simply stories" to suit your own agenda.

And stating that one shall not allow a witch to live is NOT a story- it is an ORDER from YOUR god.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625098 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it changes.
That's called "learning".
If we didn't learn, we'd still be treating disease with hyssop and dove blood.
Exactly. So what we 'know' now will likely change. If it changes, that means we're wrong.

Location hidden

#625099 May 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No, it wasn't.
That the average person may have thought so in no way means scientists were scratching their heads over the possibility of automatic doors being invented or that scientists dismissed such an invention as something that could only be possible in science fiction.
You are SO naive.
Did you know that the CELL PHONE was first conceptualized in the 1940s and by the actress Hedy Lamarr?
Bet you didn't.....
"Hedy Lamarr is remembered as a stunning legend in Hollywood's Golden Age.
However, most people do not know that she would co-patent the technology for today's cellphones, Wi-Fi and GPS by building a torpedo for the U.S.Navy.
Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/315458#ixzz...
Oh hey, great. Change the goal posts...

Location hidden

#625100 May 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
You IDIOT. If you are commanded to NOT let a witch live, that means you are to KILL them.
RR, I'M not gullible, but YOU sure are in your moronic attempts to twist the words of the bible at your convenience and to suit your own agenda.
The bible CLEARLY states that you shalt not allow witches to live.
The bible clearly states that ***WHO*** shalt not allow witches to live??

Who is it referring to and why?

Do some research on it or shut the hell up about it. You're making yourself look like a moron.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#625101 May 21, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It's nice how your religion has built in excuses for the brainwashed. "They don't believe the same thing as me? It's cause they can't handle the truth!"
I doubt you know about my religion, I practice susanblangeism which is the Truth, The Ministry of Truth (1984) "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered" Daniel 8:12.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#625102 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity started with just a dozen or so people and has escalated to almost 2 billion...
Give it time, the world will follow...
According to your own book, satan is the god of this world.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625103 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible clearly states that ***WHO*** shalt not allow witches to live??
Who is it referring to and why?
Do some research on it or shut the hell up about it. You're making yourself look like a moron.
No- it is YOU who is the MORON and all the more since you are SO pathetic in your pathetic attempts to twist the words of the book YOU claim to believe in, follow and adhere to.

STFU.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625104 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey, great. Change the goal posts...
I didn't change ANYTHING, you IDIOT.

Automatic doors were NOT thought of as only possible in sci-fi by scientists in the 1950s and 1960s.

The POINT of when the cell phone first was conceptualized was to show you that MUCH had been thought of and was even in the early stages of invention before being available to the public.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625105 May 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, technically, credit should go to Heron of Alexandria, born about 10 BCE...
"Heron describes not one, but two different automatic door applications. The first application used heat from a fire lit by the city's temple priest. After, a few hours atmospheric pressure built up in a brass vessel causing it to pump water into adjacent holding containers. These holding containers acted as weights, that through a series of ropes and pulleys would open the temple's doors, at just about the time people were to arrive for prayer. Heron used a similar application to open the gates to the city."
http://edsdoors.com/history_of_automatic_door...
There ya go.....

But, but....RR says that scientists in the 1950s and 1960s thought automatic doors were only an "invention" of science fiction......

LOL!!!

The Borderland of Sol

#625106 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was never the goddam particle, you just hate that the "God particle" was even thought up by your precious science.
What qualifies as a lie?
Well I'll be charitable - you might merely be wrong, rather than lying.

Here: "Higgs is an atheist and thus does not hold a religious faith but notes that many scientists in his field do, and argues that belief and science can co-exist. He has accused Richard Dawkins of adopting a “fundamentalist” approach when dealing with believers. He is displeased that the Higgs particle is nicknamed the "God particle", as he believes the term "might offend people who are religious". Usually this nickname for the Higgs boson is attributed to Leon Lederman, the author of the book The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?, but the name is the result of the insistence of Lederman's publisher: Lederman had originally intended to refer to it as the "goddamn particle"." - Wiki.

You're welcome.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#625107 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam will be its own undoing. They kill themselves from the inside out. More people convert from Islam to Christianity than vice versa.
Your little survey means diddly. As the worlds population grows, so does Christianity.
It doesn't even matter, they're moving from one delusion to another.

The Borderland of Sol

#625108 May 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In some Middle East countries, you are born a Muslim and have no choice. Try to convert to something else or become atheist and they kill you...
Christianity is a voluntary system, Islam isn't.
"Voluntary"?

Tell that to the Albigensians.

Or any victim of the Crusades.

Or the Holy Inquisition.

This "voluntary" thing is a very recent patina.

The Borderland of Sol

#625109 May 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>There ya go.....
But, but....RR says that scientists in the 1950s and 1960s thought automatic doors were only an "invention" of science fiction......
LOL!!!
Laffin.

I've been a fan of Heron ever since I learned of him, some couple of decades ago.

Location hidden

#625110 May 21, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>According to your own book, satan is the god of this world.
Ok, Susan. Ok.

Location hidden

#625111 May 21, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't change ANYTHING, you IDIOT.
Automatic doors were NOT thought of as only possible in sci-fi by scientists in the 1950s and 1960s.
The POINT of when the cell phone first was conceptualized was to show you that MUCH had been thought of and was even in the early stages of invention before being available to the public.
Yes you did. We were talking about automatic doors and you changed it to cell phones.

That's changing the goal posts.

In the mid 50's, the first (and only) automatic door was invented.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Oxbow 539,093
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min WasteWater 94,685
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min WasteWater 258,054
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 min Seraphima 599,985
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 4,339
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 38 min Sid Hawkes 441,190
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 48 min Uzi 36,757
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 226,379
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••