Orlando but NYC born & raised

#625522 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
New word?
Okay....
Did you pat yourself on the back again?
Why would I pat MYSELF on the back?

I'VE been using the word "vernacular" for YEARS- you just learned the word yesterday.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#625523 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I'm discrediting is you.
All I'm asking you to do is show where I have to kill witches....
That's all.
I also want you to understand that parts of the bible are simply stories and not necessarily laws for all to obey.
Lot had sex with his daughters, right? Does that mean we are all supposed to? It IS written....
Don't be gullible.
Well, therein lies the rub. If we were talking about a heartwarming biblical story about rape, incest, or even witch burning, we could write this one off as a misunderstanding; but "do not suffer a witch to live" makes it pretty clear how ol' yaweh feels about witches: he wants them dead, and he wants us to do it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

#625524 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I told my boys about the silliness of Santa. I also told them the real story of Saint Nicholas, you know - the 4th century Bishop?
What moronic back pedaling, RR.

STOP already.

Go.

Location hidden

#625525 May 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Well, technically, credit should go to Heron of Alexandria, born about 10 BCE...
"Heron describes not one, but two different automatic door applications. The first application used heat from a fire lit by the city's temple priest. After, a few hours atmospheric pressure built up in a brass vessel causing it to pump water into adjacent holding containers. These holding containers acted as weights, that through a series of ropes and pulleys would open the temple's doors, at just about the time people were to arrive for prayer. Heron used a similar application to open the gates to the city."
http://edsdoors.com/history_of_automatic_door...
Reverse sci fi then.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#625526 May 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't herd goats? Prove it.
"You can't prove a negative"....

LMAO!

Your claim is the positive one, "they were goat herders". The onus is on you....

Isn't that right, OCB?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625527 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't answer the question, I see....
Not that I CAN'T- it's that I WON'T.

To do so would be beneath me.

Location hidden

#625528 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt you know about my religion, I practice susanblangeism which is the Truth, The Ministry of Truth (1984) "...and it cast down the truth to the ground, and it practiced and prospered" Daniel 8:12.
You are a magnificent poe. Never stop doing what you do.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625529 May 22, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>But, you see, it does not say "RR, go forth and kill witches in the 21st century in CA, USA." So, technically, it doesn't command *him* to kill any witches. Different time! It's telling ancient goat herders to kill witches!
OMG- too funny- because I was thinking that very same thing yesterday and thought about posting to RR what you say here- that since he is not PERSONALLY addressed in the bible, it doesn't apply to him- at least in his convoluted mind.

And this despite his belief that the bible stands for ALL people and stands for ALL time.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#625530 May 22, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>But your god is the one that created mankind in the first place, according to your book.
Your god is the one that decided that death was "the punishment" NOT man.
Your god could have prevented mankind from sinning by not introducing the concept of sin IN THE FIRST PLACE.
The mistake happened with YOUR GOD, NOT what "he created"!
It is SICK for your god to use "his own creations" as a scapegoat for HIS mess-up.
YOUR GOD IS THE "ORIGINAL SINNER".
After all, YOUR "GOD CREATED" the devil HIMSELF!
What kind of god would create a devil? He must have had the evil potential inside himself to know how to create a devil.
The creation of Satan was a side effect of the creation of man. He was created as the antithesis of God and turned out evil. He was not a deliberate spiritual creation, it was a necessary evil and it was worth it. God created mankind because she was lonely.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625531 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
And he seems to think that Adam & Eve didn't exist.
Curious that you didn't ask him to "Prove it!"...
Noooo....not curious at all.

I don't ask ANYONE to prove that something does NOT exist.

YOU do that because you don't GET that a negative can't be proven.

The times I have asked you to prove that SANTA does NOT exist has been to make a POINT- a POINT you simply don't GET.

Okay- that's your cue to come back with:-1 +-1 =-2.

Pathetic.

Location hidden

#625532 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was never the goddam particle, you just hate that the "God particle" was even thought up by your precious science.
What qualifies as a lie?
RR, sometimes you truly amaze me. You could have avoided this embarrassing mishap by spending 5 seconds on google, but you decided to bang out an erroneous response and then graciously post it here for posterity. I do envy the ability to avoid all those nagging thoughts - "is this correct?" "does this make sense?" "what if this post is all our ancestors find in the ruins of our smoldering civilization and they have to base their opinion of our culture on my words?"

Since: May 11

Edinburgh, UK

#625533 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if your threshold of credulity is lower then you could be made to believe in something BUT "one believes or one doesn`t"?!
O_o
That's hypocritical and makes no sense.
<quoted text>
I think God would accept your beliefs. He gave you free will to choose what you want to believe.
Try believing in unicorns, just for 5 minutes...go on, force yourself, choose to believe it.

Then tell us that belief was sincerely held.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625534 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So the so-called Christian killed for Christianity but the atheists didn't kill for atheism.
Got it.
FAIL
Hitler was no Christian. He was a lot like you Topix atheists, ONCE was a Catholic, but turned his back on Christianity and God for his own pursuits.
That is correct, because they weren't using atheism as an excuse for their crimes, while the Christians always use their imaginary god for theirs. Hitler was as Christian as you and was aided and abetted by the majority of the Christian churches in Germany and Austria, oh, as well as Henry Ford and Prescott Bush. You can't brush the dust onto that history. How exactly does using your imaginary god in every one of his speeches, in all his ideology, to reward and fire up the troops, to placate the mothers and wives of the fallen, and to justify the wholesale slaughter of innocents equate to turning his back on your imaginary friend? Clearly his use was just more efficient and historically accurate than yours.

Gott mit uns! I've supplied you more than once with pictorial and historical evidence of Hitler's Christianity. Like all other evidence, you went all "three monkey statue" on it. I won't bother again. Are you familiar with the list of books banned and burned by The Third Reich? Nope. Not The Bible. They distributed that. Origin of the Species is one. That's right.

http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burne...

Here is a wonderful tidbit to lay waste to your ridiculous assertion (with translation):

http://www.library.arizona.edu/exhibits/burne...

Herrman, Wolfgang

"Prinzipelles zur Säuberung der öffentlichen Bücherein,"
Börsenblatt für den deutschen Büchhandel 100 (5/16/1933): 356-358.

[Principles for the Cleansing of Public Libraries]

c) Alle Schriften, welche die christliche Religion und ihre Einrichtungen, den Gottesglauben und andere einem gesunden Volksempfinden heiligen Dinge verhhnen, verumglimpfen oder verchtlich machen.

c) All writings that ridicule, belittle or besmirch the Christian religion and its institution, faith in God, or other things that are holy to the healthy sentiments of the Volk.

That bears repeating:

c) All writings that ridicule, belittle or besmirch the Christian religion and its institution, faith in God, or other things that are holy to the healthy sentiments of the Volk.

Follow the links. Those banned books are just like the lists that modern, American Christians want to ban. Fascism is in America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross and you, sir, are a willing, duped disciple.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#625535 May 22, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The creation of Satan was a side effect of the creation of man. He was created as the antithesis of God and turned out evil. He was not a deliberate spiritual creation, it was a necessary evil and it was worth it. God created mankind because she was lonely.
A god who is lonely isn't much of a god if a god is susceptible and vulnerable to ANY human emotion including that of loneliness.

Of course, that is the least of the frailty of the god of the bible- the god of the bible has many more emotional issues to deal with:

Anger
Wrath
Jealousy
Spitefulness
Pettiness
Being vengeful

All the things the god of the bible commands humans not to indulge in.

The god of the bible is like these examples of bad parenting:

1. Because I said so!

2. Do as I say, not as I do.

The god of the bible is quite the emotional basket case.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#625536 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not backpedaling, I'm challenging your claims.
Why can't you see that?
Then you will have to be more clear in your assertion of "my claim".

Why don't you go bacvk and read the posts preceding your post, and then point out to me - specifically - what claim you are talking about.

You can do this RR - I'm rooting for you.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625537 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Huh wrote:
Christians didn't stop killing Jews until 1945 or blacks until the 70s.
<quoted text>
*rolls eyes*
Because y'all ignore the fact that the majority of Christians helped the Jews and helped the blacks.
But go on, stay closed-minded. It suits your cause well.
Sure. The majority. Whatever helps your blank mind shut down at night. It doesn't matter what a majority did. All that matters is that your immoral religion is used as justification for all manner of crimes. Always has. It is easy to claim to speak for an imaginary friend. Mine thinks you are an a-hole. Wait, mine is right.

The nature of your immoral religion is to spread its immorality through the virus.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625538 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome. So you think Christianity = freedom....
'Cuz the questions was: "what Christians are killing for Christianity?"
Moron.
Freedom? You think that was about freedom? Bwahahahahahahaha.

Another "three monkey statue" move by the King of Redneckistan. You're hopelessly uneducated and willfully ignorant.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625539 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam & Eve never existed?!
If you think they did, you need even more help than I thought.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625540 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your assertion is baseless and meaningless.
Oh no, it's spot on.
Huh

Garland, TX

#625541 May 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw... Poor wittle Hatheist.
This says it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 445,568
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Rosa_Winkel 92,594
Gay men sleeping with women and men is unaccept... 1 hr I no wat I no 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr truth 286,007
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr MUQ2 1,090
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 667,730
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr RiccardoFire 19,320
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,620
More from around the web