Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

"The Bio Code" -Is Life Written Into the Laws of Physics?

ďA recent mathematical analysis says that life as we know it is written into the laws of reality. DNA is built from a set of twenty amino acids - the first ten of those can create simple prebiotic life, and now it seems that those ten are thermodynamically destined to occur wherever they can.

The implications are staggering: good news for anyone worried about how we're alone, and bad news for anyone who demands some kind of "Designer" to put life together - it seems that physics can assemble the organic jigsaw all by itself, thank you very much, and has probably done so throughout space since the beginning of everything.

The study indicates that you don't need a miracle to arrive at the chemical cocktail for early life, just a decently large asteroid with the right components. That's all.Ē

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/04/...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Just imagine, all you need is a planet in the Goldilocks zone around some appropriate star and a asteroid hit and you just may get life after a while.

A process that has probably been going on for 14 billion years....I wonder how many planets out there are teeming with life?

Probably a lot....and not a god to be found anywhere.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
Just imagine, all you need is a planet in the Goldilocks zone around some appropriate star and a asteroid hit and you just may get life after a while.
A process that has probably been going on for 14 billion years....I wonder how many planets out there are teeming with life?
Probably a lot....and not a god to be found anywhere.
The other thing to consider is that because stars go through stages, almost every planet is in that zone at one point in it's life time. So it seems that life is the rule, not the exception now. Religious nuts will hate this implication because it only reminds them that we are not that "special."

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you think that this "probably" is a bad thing, in spite of such "probablies" producing useful things like medicine and technology. Then you assume that it's better to have no answers instead.
Coded information is a redundancy.
A code is information, however it is information that is given meaning by humans as a way of cataloging and understanding it.
And where did the "code/information" that was in the "first living" cell/gene/DNA, at the begining of time come from that humans give meaning too, to catolog and understand?

If it takes a "mind" to interpret coded information, then by that same logic they must be a "mind" that give that code of information?

Because just like "nature" has no mind, neither does "chance" or a randomly poof that happened millions of years ago..
Nature itself does not use codes, codes are completely human constructs, arbitrary in their own rite, numerical representations of things. The "DNA code" is one of these systems we have devised as a means to understand and catalog the DNA itself, there is no code inherent in it, if anything, the closest human construct that can describe what DNA is would be a recipe, but even that is just "close enough," chemicals are a bit more elaborate than that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> She means just because something isn't self explanatory , it doesn't mean it's in a code. It means you just don't speak the same language.
Ohhh, in other words she has no explaination to begin with?

gotcha.. over and out...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

Here is something to ponder on, borrowed this from a friend.

Judge for yourself..

We can explore five possible conclusions;

1) Humans designed DNA

2) Aliens designed DNA

3) DNA occurred randomly and spontaneously

4) There must be some undiscovered law of physics that creates information

5) DNA was Designed by a Superintelligence, i.e. God.

(1) requires time travel or infinite generations of humans.(2) could well be true but only pushes the question back in time.(3) may be a remote possibility, but itís not a scientific explanation in that it doesnít refer to a systematic, repeatable process. Itís nothing more than an appeal to luck .(4) could be true but no one can form a testable hypothesis until someone observes a naturally occurring code. So the only systematic explanation that remains is (5) a theological one.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to need a decoder ring.
The q represents a protruding tongue and the : is a set of eyes.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/wallpapers/10...

Some people think it's crude. Whatever.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, in other words she has no explaination to begin with?
gotcha.. over and out...

Absolutely not, it means you see a code where only your confusion exists. As to how it started, we are pretty sure RNA from microbes formed colony's and this gave rise to the first dna, from stromatolites about 3.5 billion years ago.

Evolution encompasses a wide range of phenomena: from the emergence of major lineages, to mass extinctions, to the evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in hospitals today. However, within the field of evolutionary biology, the origin of life is of special interest because it addresses the fundamental question of where we (and all living things) came from.

Many lines of evidence help illuminate the origin of life: ancient fossils, radiometric dating, the phylogenetics and chemistry of modern organisms, and even experiments. However, since new evidence is constantly being discovered, hypotheses about how life originated may change or be modified. It's important to keep in mind that changes to these hypotheses are a normal part of the process of science and that they do not represent a change in the basis of evolutionary theory.

When did life originate?
Evidence suggests that life first evolved around 3.5 billion years ago. This evidence takes the form of microfossils (fossils too small to be seen without the aid of a microscope) and ancient rock structures in South Africa and Australia called stromatolites. Stromatolites are produced by microbes (mainly photosynthesizing cyanobacteria) that form thin microbial films which trap mud; over time, layers of these mud/microbe mats can build up into a layered rock structure ó the stromatolite.

Stromatolites are still produced by microbes today. These modern stromatolites are remarkably similar to the ancient stromatolites which provide evidence of some of the earliest life on Earth. Modern and ancient stromatolites have similar shapes and, when seen in cross section, both show the same fine layering produced by thin bacterial sheets. Microfossils of ancient cyanobacteria can sometimes be identified within these layers.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And where did the "code/information" that was in the "first living" cell/gene/DNA, at the begining of time come from that humans give meaning too, to catolog and understand?
If it takes a "mind" to interpret coded information, then by that same logic they must be a "mind" that give that code of information?
Because just like "nature" has no mind, neither does "chance" or a randomly poof that happened millions of years ago..
<quoted text>
The space of the universe is an astral projection of the mind/imagination of God. It is limitless and ever expanding. God is Energy and the forces in nature, electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Daniel 11:38. Energy is omnipotent, omnipresent, and eternal. It cannot be created or destroyed but can only change form. The Spirit is composed of light and heat, both are forms of Energy. Our son (pun intended) is the source of Energy for the universe. Psalm 19:4-5. The Messiah (The Lord) is Gods' wife (Isaiah 54:5-6) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
Here is something to ponder on, borrowed this from a friend.
Judge for yourself..
3) DNA occurred randomly and spontaneously
4) There must be some undiscovered law of physics that creates information
5) DNA was Designed by a Superintelligence, i.e. God.
(1) requires time travel or infinite generations of humans.(2) could well be true but only pushes the question back in time.(3) may be a remote possibility, but itís not a scientific explanation in that it doesnít refer to a systematic, repeatable process. Itís nothing more than an appeal to luck .(4) could be true but no one can form a testable hypothesis until someone observes a naturally occurring code. So the only systematic explanation that remains is (5) a theological one.
How about #(6)...Nature designed DNA?

See posts number 624855 and 624856 above

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>The space of the universe is an astral projection of the mind/imagination of God. It is limitless and ever expanding. God is Energy and the forces in nature, electromagnetism, gravitation, and the nuclear force. Daniel 11:38. Energy is omnipotent, omnipresent, and eternal. It cannot be created or destroyed but can only change form. The Spirit is composed of light and heat, both are forms of Energy. Our son (pun intended) is the source of Energy for the universe. Psalm 19:4-5. The Messiah (The Lord) is Gods' wife (Isaiah 54:5-6) and they are one flesh. Genesis 2:24.
Oh Pleeeaaassse....old time religion along with New Age crapola.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

The Lord spoke the material in the universe into existence by the very profound thought, I think, therefore I AM. This was the Big Bang. The pen is mightier than the sword and the Lord ended the cold war 29 years ago by his word. You've heard from the NT, "except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved alive" God has also killed the wicked with words. Isaiah 11:4 "...and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked"
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Pleeeaaassse....old time religion along with New Age crapola.
"Fools despise wisdom and instruction" and "Fools hate knowledge" There is a very simple explanation for all of it. New Agers are expecting the coming of the Messiah who you will call Antichrist. Unless you're one of the few elect.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You fail at comprehension. Reread what I posted again, you still did not read it, or you did not understand it.

Oh, and time existed long before life on Earth did.

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>"Fools despise wisdom and instruction" and "Fools hate knowledge" There is a very simple explanation for all of it. New Agers are expecting the coming of the Messiah who you will call Antichrist. Unless you're one of the few elect.
Why Ms. Blange I LOVE wisdom and knowledge. I spend about 8 hours a day learning. Unlike you however, I learn about reality and the world as it ACTUALLY is.

Sweetie....there is no God!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Ms. Blange I LOVE wisdom and knowledge. I spend about 8 hours a day learning. Unlike you however, I learn about reality and the world as it ACTUALLY is.
Sweetie....there is no God!
When God comes to the earth and works miracles, signs, and wonders, will you change your mind? It won't be too late. You will see the OT come alive and be fulfilled. That's why Christians say the word became flesh, it's a living and powerful word. BTW, I'm not a Christian, that is the purest form of Satan worship and he is the modern day idol of Israel. My God is alive and will live and reign on the earth forever.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When God comes to the earth and works miracles, signs, and wonders, will you change your mind? It won't be too late. You will see the OT come alive and be fulfilled. That's why Christians say the word became flesh, it's a living and powerful word. BTW, I'm not a Christian, that is the purest form of Satan worship and he is the modern day idol of Israel. My God is alive and will live and reign on the earth forever.
Ironically, nothing in the bible is coming true.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, nothing in the bible is coming true.
You believe that KK because you don't personally know the Messiah. Proverbs 9:10 "...and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" There are also witnesses to most of these events that have already been fulfilled. Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he; before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me..."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You believe that KK because you don't personally know the Messiah. Proverbs 9:10 "...and the knowledge of the holy is understanding" There are also witnesses to most of these events that have already been fulfilled. Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he; before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me..."
Funny thing, reality denies your god's "plan." You should have picked a more accurate one.
jew girl

Netanya, Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

We, the Jews, know surely there is a God..:)

People ask: What is the secret of the immortality of the Jewish people? In Passover we answer this question: it's God, who saves us always.

The fact that the Jews are the ONLY nation who survived more than 3000 years, and the fact that we can live now in Israel like God promised that will happen - just prove there is a God...

I will explain our point of view please..:)

First of all, when we were released from the slavery in Egypt, before 3300 years ago, we were in the mountain Sinai, there God appeared in front of thousands of Jews who saw it. In this position, he gave us our holy book, the Torah, and made with us eternal covenant that cannot be changed.

One of the things he said to us: that our nation will not disappear never, that our people will not be destroyed never.. And a day will come, and we will live in Israel..

God said "Not only one man will want to destroy you"
--> but many
He said our life will not be easy.. He said we will have many enemies always.. But he does it only in order that we will not forget him, that we will continue praying for him to save us..

He said us many times that we mustn't afraid from people who will want to kill us.. Because no matter how much our army will be little, he will be with us and will cause us to win.. he sanctified the Jews, and made them his people..

Indeed, In each and every generation, there are new excuses to destroy the Jewish people, to destroy Israel.. We can see it even nowadays.. Spirituality decrees and Physical decrees.. There are the people who try to destroy us in lies like Pharaoh.. And people who try to do it in beautiful face, like friends.. But they will not succeed... no one of them.. Because God knows all of them and he will save us from their hands.. in every generation, like always..

In every generation rise on us new enemies, Anti-Semitism has not disappeared still. The Anti-Semitism just changed names and reasons.

Entire nations rose and fell. Many of them had a goal: to Kill and destroy the Jewish people..

We suffered terrible decrees and yet we survived:
Pharaoh in Egypt and Amalek in the desert (about 3300 years ago)
Greeks (about 2200 years ago)
Romans (2000 years ago)
Crusades (1000 years ago)
Expulsion from Spain (500 years ago)
The horrible Holocaust
And the enemies of today..

We trust in the promise of God that he keeps his promise to Israel, just as to Avraham..
and according to the Zohar, the promise that God promised to Avraham, our ancestor, is fulfilled also in our generation..
This eternal covenant still exists.. That's what common between us and our ancestors..

And now, see how many people want to kill us, and we are still here ... Look how we survived all the history of such horrible things.. See how we passed all.. There were a lot of nations who didn't survive and were destroyed .. Heroic nations gone and are not exist today, and ONLY the Jewish nation stayed..

we succeeded to survive .. And why? Because God is with us and saves us always .. I think this is the biggest proof...

In addition, God promised us this land, Israel, to be ours to forever..
He said to Avraham, our leader: "to your generation I will give this county from the river of Egypt until the big river of Euphrates"...
He said this promise also to Avraham's son - Yitzhak, and also to his son - Yaakov..

Nowadays we just can see the success of this little country, Israel, to survive, while we are surrounded by so much enemies.. look on our army, look how a small country can survive..

It's just open our eyes and see the proof of building the country. There is tremendous growth and establishing of so modern, advanced and progressive country in so few years with security problems so large and simple to understand that there is something much deeper and larger. Something that we can see in Chazal and many other verses.

In my opinion, it's one of the biggest proofs that there is a God.

Thank you..:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 593,161 - 593,180 of719,826
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

431 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 532,234
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min Hidingfromyou 93,645
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min Hasbharat Trolls Fixers 114,931
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 26 min OnlyPatchWork 36,488
Snapchat nudes. Girls add me and will send back... 41 min SexxyJake 4
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 44 min brad 88
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Dave Nelson 223,974
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Insults Are Easier 256,336
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••