Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a product of the brainwashed 21st century of idots , who cleverly "try" to use the "fantasy" of evolution as an excuse for your ignorance. Smart people see that!
http://biop.ox.ac.uk/www/mol_of_life/how_are_...
Here is just one thing, that debunks your stupid fantasy! How could this be done "naturaly" without there first being an intelligent designer to give that INFORMATION?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tree_of_lif...
And here is a picture, which BTW anybody with a high school education, and somewhat artistic skills could draw a tree, and conviently place each item at the beginning and ends of it's branches to support their agenda and concepts. It'doesnt take a scientist to do that, but a deluted person such as Darwin and those of evolution, who has designed evolution to keep you ignorant of the Creator.
Wow, your link debunked the whole TOE in just 3 paragraphs. Talk about efficiency!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.
It doesn't matter. If a Dr. tells a "critical thinker" that the sugar pill they are taking is a proven medication, then the placebo effect may just come into play.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Could you explain to us how you could possibly be homogeneous group unless you are saying that there is one mind that you feed off of?
The point of my post was that we are not a homogeneous group..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Respectfully, your approach is simply one where you point to horse poop and then argue that the cow standing next to it is a horse. Apologies, but it seems as though you do not know what a transistional fossil is or would need to be. As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species.
Transitional fossil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group. This is especially important where the descendant group is sharply differentiated by gross anatomy and mode of living from the ancestral group. These fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, there is usually no way to know exactly how close a transitional fossil is to the point of divergence. Therefore, transitional fossils cannot be assumed to be direct ancestors of more recent groups, though they are frequently used as models for such ancestors.
However, it is almost impossible to be sure that any form represented in the fossil record is a direct ancestor of any other.
How do you figure that I don't know what a transitional fossil is? The fact that you seem to be denying the existence of transitional fossils altogether suggests that you are the one who doesn't know what is meant by "transitional fossil."

"As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species."

There are *many* fossils which link man to other species, not just one. You seem to be stuck on the idea of a "missing link," which is an outdated and irrelevant idea. The evolution of man progressed through many small steps over an extremely long period of time - it's not as if one day a monkey gave birth to a man/monkey "hybrid."

Here is a list of the many transitional fossils:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_ev...

Also, remember that transitional fossils are not even necessary to prove that evolution has and continues to occur.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and people are starting to see through this effect of their delusion. It is only a matter of time when religious stupidstitions are finally discarded for reality and logic.
One can hope:)

Then again, if all else fails, there's always The Plan.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>One can hope:)
Then again, if all else fails, there's always The Plan.
Yes, but we are not suppose to mention that in public, they may figure it all out one day.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>So, all is wrong until they agree. For example.
Not what I said, but if that is your contention then it explains why you ignored the references it cited completely.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>What I find odd is that the people who barely exist and who are almost extinct are the ones who believe the universe if over 11 billion years old. Odd, because that would mean that you time is almost up. Now, if the universe were say 10,000 years old, then you might think you had 11 billion years to substantiate those who think like you.
If God and the Bible do not exist, then why do you keep playing the same role and the very same roles that God and the Bible speak of over and over again?
What are you smoking?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>That was just rude.
.... says one of the people who enjoys the thought of anyone disagreeing with them being tortured forever.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You got the "homo-" part right.
What you're a homo?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>What I find odd is that the people who barely exist and who are almost extinct are the ones who believe the universe if over 11 billion years old. Odd, because that would mean that you time is almost up. Now, if the universe were say 10,000 years old, then you might think you had 11 billion years to substantiate those who think like you.
If God and the Bible do not exist, then why do you keep playing the same role and the very same roles that God and the Bible speak of over and over again?
Why do dumb people ...like you exist?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now wrote:
The Bible exists of course, but God does not....just sayin'

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.
You, on the other hand, are often wrong but never in doubt.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The number 1370067? Yeah, it's a number still.
010011000110010101110100001000 000111010001101000011001010111 001001100101001000000110001001 100101001000000110110001101001 011001110110100001110100001011 10
Now that is not still just a number at least. So, do you have a point with your little game?
Not a game, just curious to see if you was familar with ASCII code. Although some humor was intended, those numbers "bits" represent a very meaningful message SOS.... It was intended for you guys a gathering together to give yourselfs a pep talk...lol.. Anyway, point being.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If religious fanaticism is smart, you and the Taliban are geniuses. The academic world tends to disagree with your assessment my religious nutty friend. Of course either every major university, or you is wrong. You simply side with the non thinkers and rebuke knowledge for superstition.
Religious fanaticism is a subjective evaluation defined by the culture context that is performing the evaluation. What constitutes fanaticism in another's behavior or belief is determined by the core assumptions of the one doing the evaluation. As such, there is no academic consensus defining religious fanaticism. Next.

Of course the world disagrees with my belief in God.

When will you acknowledge that the "world" has enmity with God?

For my dwelling place is not of this world, i am just passing through this world, and have chosen to not be "of" this world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
projection
and
ad hominem
can you do any worse?
rejection

and
ninnyhammer

Can you write a sentence?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious fanaticism is a subjective evaluation defined by the culture context that is performing the evaluation. What constitutes fanaticism in another's behavior or belief is determined by the core assumptions of the one doing the evaluation. As such, there is no academic consensus defining religious fanaticism. Next.
Of course the world disagrees with my belief in God.
When will you acknowledge that the "world" has enmity with God?
For my dwelling place is not of this world, i am just passing through this world, and have chosen to not be "of" this world.
You're a fanatical religious terrorist who should be institutionalized in gitmo immediately.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Respectfully, your approach is simply one where you point to horse poop and then argue that the cow standing next to it is a horse. Apologies, but it seems as though you do not know what a transistional fossil is or would need to be. As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species.
Lol,, exactly.... Great analogy. And if you notice the site and source they give, it is almost always the same wiki one.
Transitional fossil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group. This is especially important where the descendant group is sharply differentiated by gross anatomy and mode of living from the ancestral group. These fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, there is usually no way to know exactly how close a transitional fossil is to the point of divergence. Therefore, transitional fossils cannot be assumed to be direct ancestors of more recent groups, though they are frequently used as models for such ancestors.
However, it is almost impossible to be sure that any form represented in the fossil record is a direct ancestor of any other.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yep. Well said, both of you. I'm sure you've both heard of the term confirmation bias...
Ohhh i am 100% sure they have, they fit the term well. As do you.

LOL,, and you guys are not guilty of "confirmation bias"......

Pathetic timmy, just pathetic.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein doubted Newton. Tesla doubted Edison. There is a lot more power in doubt than blind acceptance of what someone says, especially if you do that just to be popular.
False analogy, fauxkitteh. I wasn't talking about theories or equations, but about belief in a particular state of being, wholeness. Apparently, some of us can "believe" ourselves well, whole and pain free. It's a fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 593,061 - 593,080 of717,064
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

458 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min ChromiuMan 5,180
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 255,753
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,513
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min TheBlackSheep 223,279
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min Hidingfromyou 530,306
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 35 min Hidingfromyou 93,245
Best smooth chamber jazz in the world 50 min Senecus 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Aura Mytha 598,799
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••