|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you back! Hope all is well and good with ya...
All is wonderful...thank you! it's baseball season and I'm busy, busy running with the son from game to game...so I get on here and read what everyone's saying...but I'm usually to tired to get involved in the conversation...I can't not respond when asked a question :)

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You've "figured us out?" We are a homogeneous group? How many of us have told you that there is absolutely no possibility of a god? Not me, that's for sure. You do enjoy straw men.
You got the "homo-" part right.
helloman23

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

yes there is the lord

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hate troll.
answer other posts.
or
GFY
lol

Like I consider any of that an insult?!!!

Is GFY all you got?

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Look back. You'll see how this comment vies for stupidity supremacy with your others.
hmmm...that was just rude and uncalled for.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It can theoretically work on anyone. Being a critical thinker does not preclude one from experiencing it. I would assume that positive placebo like effects resulting from belief/faith are out of the question for the "critical thinker," but certainly not the traditional placebo effect seen in medical trials/research studies, etc.
Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I'll think on it and get back to you. Actually i was paraphrasing one of the Marx Brothers in Duck Soup. In case you didn't know. Another example below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wow, you expected me to clue in to something that chronologically obscure an entertainment medium?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
you think?
now thats an oxymoron!
when you die youll be DEAD,know what that means?go talk to some dead people and see what they have to say
I would have thought you would be able to recognize sarcasm by now.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Could you explain to us how you could possibly be homogeneous group unless you are saying that there is one mind that you feed off of?
Yep, even bees know when it's time to ditch a hive-mind that's fkd.

...snerk...
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Respectfully, your approach is simply one where you point to horse poop and then argue that the cow standing next to it is a horse. Apologies, but it seems as though you do not know what a transistional fossil is or would need to be. As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species.
Transitional fossil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group. This is especially important where the descendant group is sharply differentiated by gross anatomy and mode of living from the ancestral group. These fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, there is usually no way to know exactly how close a transitional fossil is to the point of divergence. Therefore, transitional fossils cannot be assumed to be direct ancestors of more recent groups, though they are frequently used as models for such ancestors.
However, it is almost impossible to be sure that any form represented in the fossil record is a direct ancestor of any other.
it would help. if you read the COMPLETE site and not just cherry pick parts of it,

Limitations of the fossil record [edit]

Further information: Fossils
Not every transitional form appears in the fossil record, because the fossil record is not complete. Organisms are only rarely preserved as fossils in the best of circumstances, and only a fraction of such fossils have been discovered. Paleontologist Donald Prothero noted that this is illustrated by the fact that the number of species known through the fossil record was less than 5% of the number of known living species, suggesting that the number of species known through fossils must be far less than 1% of all the species that have ever lived.[38]
Because of the specialized and rare circumstances required for a biological structure to fossilize, only a very small percentage of all life-forms that have ever existed can be expected to be represented in discoveries, and each discovery represents only a snapshot of the process of evolution. The transition itself can only be illustrated and corroborated by transitional fossils, which will never demonstrate an exact half-way point between clearly divergent forms.[39]
The fossil record is very uneven and, with few exceptions, is heavily slanted toward organisms with hard parts, leaving most groups of soft-bodied organisms with little to no fossil record.[38] The groups considered to have a good fossil record, including a number of transitional fossils between traditional groups, are the vertebrates, the echinoderms, the brachiopods and some groups of arthropods.[40]
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, oh brightless one. You have lived in your fantasy world for so long that you actualy believe you have a "case" against God?
And you get that concept from where?
That in itself, realy shows who is the stupid one..lol
projection

and
ad hominem

can you do any worse?
xianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I would have thought you would be able to recognize sarcasm by now.
I dont care what you think,you lying cu*t

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont care what you think,you lying cu*t
Yes, you do, otherwise you wouldn't be so hateful.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.
Einstein doubted Newton. Tesla doubted Edison. There is a lot more power in doubt than blind acceptance of what someone says, especially if you do that just to be popular.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Respectfully, your approach is simply one where you point to horse poop and then argue that the cow standing next to it is a horse. Apologies, but it seems as though you do not know what a transistional fossil is or would need to be. As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species.
Transitional fossil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group. This is especially important where the descendant group is sharply differentiated by gross anatomy and mode of living from the ancestral group. These fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, there is usually no way to know exactly how close a transitional fossil is to the point of divergence. Therefore, transitional fossils cannot be assumed to be direct ancestors of more recent groups, though they are frequently used as models for such ancestors.
However, it is almost impossible to be sure that any form represented in the fossil record is a direct ancestor of any other.
Wikipedia is wrong sometimes, because that is not what a transitional form is. You are a transitional form, for example.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It's just denial of anything that shows his philosophy is in error.
I understand it now , the creationist has to believe genesis is true.
If it is not true then the whole bible is based on lies, hence the denial of anything that conflicts with their fantasy version of reality. There can't be transitional animals , that shows evolution and throws a monkey wrench in creationism.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text> It's actually quite simple, we have this simple and real "gotcha," by asking for evidence of their god they must face their delusion for what it is. They lash out by attempting to find one "gotcha" to use against us, but failing to do that they try to trip you up with utter nonsense that they think is actually intelligent. The fun thing is that it betrays how stupid they are.
Yep. Well said, both of you. I'm sure you've both heard of the term confirmation bias...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, of course timmy, of course.. Anything or anyone that disagrees with evolution, and has proven your fantasy of evolution to be just that, is either disliked or ignorant. Ohhh, and the other excuse is, well they are not excepted in the "main stream" of science..
What are you talking about? I said that the term itself (the 'god particle') is disliked. I did not say that the people who use it are disliked. And why are you talking about evolution?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You got the "homo-" part right.
Clever!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.
You seem quite confused.

Critical thinking is necessarily full of doubt. It does not work without it. The power to figure out what is true, and what is not true, is dependent on the ability to doubt. We are also dependent on working methodologies, those that have been proven to make accurate predictions. We place trust in methodologies, but we never place so much trust in a methodology that we disregard errors in the process as having anything to do with the methodology. Even our ways of knowing must occasionally be doubted, tested, and affirmed, or rejected.

Knowing that there are some things we can't know, won't know, or don't know, is extremely important. Acknowledgement of ignorance is essential. Doubt is an actual virtue, whereas faith is a mistake.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yep. Well said, both of you. I'm sure you've both heard of the term confirmation bias...
Yep, and people are starting to see through this effect of their delusion. It is only a matter of time when religious stupidstitions are finally discarded for reality and logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 593,041 - 593,060 of717,126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

387 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min petesake kis 114,690
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 4 min MUQ1 36,419
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min gort 223,290
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 9 min Yassir 62
To "Protesters" Of The USA Flag 15 min Patriot 1
Friendship and dating 23 min singleboyindelhi 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min hojo 530,344
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr andet1987 171,519
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••