Prove there's a god.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#624742 May 18, 2013
_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>That was just rude.
.... says one of the people who enjoys the thought of anyone disagreeing with them being tortured forever.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#624743 May 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You got the "homo-" part right.
What you're a homo?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#624744 May 18, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>What I find odd is that the people who barely exist and who are almost extinct are the ones who believe the universe if over 11 billion years old. Odd, because that would mean that you time is almost up. Now, if the universe were say 10,000 years old, then you might think you had 11 billion years to substantiate those who think like you.
If God and the Bible do not exist, then why do you keep playing the same role and the very same roles that God and the Bible speak of over and over again?
Why do dumb people ...like you exist?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#624745 May 18, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>What I find odd is that the people who barely exist and who are almost extinct are the ones who believe the universe if over 11 billion years old. Odd, because that would mean that you time is almost up. Now, if the universe were say 10,000 years old, then you might think you had 11 billion years to substantiate those who think like you.
If God and the Bible do not exist, then why do you keep playing the same role and the very same roles that God and the Bible speak of over and over again?
The Bible exists of course, but God does not....just sayin'

Since: Sep 10

United States

#624746 May 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you have to "believe", to *know*, not suspect, or hope or wish. "Your" type of critical thinking is full of doubt; there is no power in doubt.
You, on the other hand, are often wrong but never in doubt.

“THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD;”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#624747 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The number 1370067? Yeah, it's a number still.
010011000110010101110100001000 000111010001101000011001010111 001001100101001000000110001001 100101001000000110110001101001 011001110110100001110100001011 10
Now that is not still just a number at least. So, do you have a point with your little game?
Not a game, just curious to see if you was familar with ASCII code. Although some humor was intended, those numbers "bits" represent a very meaningful message SOS.... It was intended for you guys a gathering together to give yourselfs a pep talk...lol.. Anyway, point being.

Location hidden

#624748 May 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If religious fanaticism is smart, you and the Taliban are geniuses. The academic world tends to disagree with your assessment my religious nutty friend. Of course either every major university, or you is wrong. You simply side with the non thinkers and rebuke knowledge for superstition.
Religious fanaticism is a subjective evaluation defined by the culture context that is performing the evaluation. What constitutes fanaticism in another's behavior or belief is determined by the core assumptions of the one doing the evaluation. As such, there is no academic consensus defining religious fanaticism. Next.

Of course the world disagrees with my belief in God.

When will you acknowledge that the "world" has enmity with God?

For my dwelling place is not of this world, i am just passing through this world, and have chosen to not be "of" this world.

Location hidden

#624749 May 18, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
projection
and
ad hominem
can you do any worse?
rejection

and
ninnyhammer

Can you write a sentence?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#624750 May 18, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious fanaticism is a subjective evaluation defined by the culture context that is performing the evaluation. What constitutes fanaticism in another's behavior or belief is determined by the core assumptions of the one doing the evaluation. As such, there is no academic consensus defining religious fanaticism. Next.
Of course the world disagrees with my belief in God.
When will you acknowledge that the "world" has enmity with God?
For my dwelling place is not of this world, i am just passing through this world, and have chosen to not be "of" this world.
You're a fanatical religious terrorist who should be institutionalized in gitmo immediately.

Location hidden

#624751 May 18, 2013
_Jesus is Lord_ wrote:
<quoted text>Respectfully, your approach is simply one where you point to horse poop and then argue that the cow standing next to it is a horse. Apologies, but it seems as though you do not know what a transistional fossil is or would need to be. As for me, there is only one transistional fossil that must be found and that is the alleged one that links man to another species.
Lol,, exactly.... Great analogy. And if you notice the site and source they give, it is almost always the same wiki one.
Transitional fossil
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A transitional fossil is any fossilized remains of a life form that exhibits traits common to both an ancestral group and its derived descendant group. This is especially important where the descendant group is sharply differentiated by gross anatomy and mode of living from the ancestral group. These fossils serve as a reminder that taxonomic divisions are human constructs that have been imposed in hindsight on a continuum of variation. Because of the incompleteness of the fossil record, there is usually no way to know exactly how close a transitional fossil is to the point of divergence. Therefore, transitional fossils cannot be assumed to be direct ancestors of more recent groups, though they are frequently used as models for such ancestors.
However, it is almost impossible to be sure that any form represented in the fossil record is a direct ancestor of any other.

Location hidden

#624752 May 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yep. Well said, both of you. I'm sure you've both heard of the term confirmation bias...
Ohhh i am 100% sure they have, they fit the term well. As do you.

LOL,, and you guys are not guilty of "confirmation bias"......

Pathetic timmy, just pathetic.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#624754 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein doubted Newton. Tesla doubted Edison. There is a lot more power in doubt than blind acceptance of what someone says, especially if you do that just to be popular.
False analogy, fauxkitteh. I wasn't talking about theories or equations, but about belief in a particular state of being, wholeness. Apparently, some of us can "believe" ourselves well, whole and pain free. It's a fact.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#624756 May 18, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a game, just curious to see if you was familar with ASCII code. Although some humor was intended, those numbers "bits" represent a very meaningful message SOS.... It was intended for you guys a gathering together to give yourselfs a pep talk...lol.. Anyway, point being.
They have meaning because we give them a meaning, and we give many different codes several meanings. You do realize that binary is not just ascii, right? It existed before computers were even dreamed off. The numbers mean nothing without us giving them a meaning.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#624758 May 18, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh i am 100% sure they have, they fit the term well. As do you.
LOL,, and you guys are not guilty of "confirmation bias"......
Pathetic timmy, just pathetic.
So then you admit there are not miracles and no prayers are answered.

Location hidden

#624759 May 18, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter. If a Dr. tells a "critical thinker" that the sugar pill they are taking is a proven medication, then the placebo effect may just come into play.
Not if the patient is thinking, "Maybe it'll fix what ails me, but maybe it won't." Many medications make a person sicker than they were at the onset of treatment, i.e., unforeseen reactions/side effects. Doubt would negate the placebo effect.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#624761 May 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>False analogy, fauxkitteh. I wasn't talking about theories or equations, but about belief in a particular state of being, wholeness. Apparently, some of us can "believe" ourselves well, whole and pain free. It's a fact.
roflmao ... you actually think there is a difference in what you stated. Doctors doubted that splashing blood on someone sick would cure them, now we have real medicine instead of the bible's superstitions.

Location hidden

#624763 May 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You, on the other hand, are often wrong but never in doubt.
I never misplace doubt and I'd like to see you try and show where I posted something that was erroneous in some way, excepting the occasional grammatical faux pas.

Location hidden

#624764 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
roflmao ... you actually think there is a difference in what you stated. Doctors doubted that splashing blood on someone sick would cure them, now we have real medicine instead of the bible's superstitions.
Says the fruit-fly-reject who believes in spellcraft.

Location hidden

#624765 May 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fanatical religious terrorist who should be institutionalized in gitmo immediately.
I should warn you, although you have done crossed that line, but are you familar with Defamation of character?

It's a crime.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#624766 May 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Says the fruit-fly-reject who believes in spellcraft.
Projection, I repeatedly state I do not believe in anything, meaning, unless you have scientific evidence or reliable hard evidence it is dismissed without prejudice.

As for fruit-fly, considering their weight, it would be impossible for such an insect to type on a computer, and we have yet to develop the technology to accommodate such a feat, making your accusation impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min It aint necessari... 38,492
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 min MUQ2 44,424
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min marge 641,784
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min X Pendable 182,306
Play "end of the word" part 2 1 hr Al Capone 1,734
Looking for a second husband to fulfill fantasy (Aug '13) 1 hr Rita 3
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 104,750
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Johnny 4,151
More from around the web