Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#624566 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neat.
he isn’t gender-neutral: Some claim that singular they is unnecessary because he is gender-neutral, and that this whole kerfuffle about singular they being in any way good or useful only came about when “arrogant ideologues began recasting English into heavy artillery to defend the borders of the New Feminist state.”
If you really think that he is gender-neutral, you ought to find nothing wrong with the following sentences:
(3a) At the funeral, everyone was dressed to the nines, each wearing his swankest tie or nicest dress.
(3b) Is it your brother or your sister who can hold his breath for four minutes?
The word in question was "they" not "he".

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Just admit you`re wrong and we`ll all believe you have a job...deal?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#624567 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... God didn't translate the bible, dude. Humans did.
So.
It's currently unreliable.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#624568 May 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You're hearing voices? Figures.
Figure of speech. Like yer decoder ring.

Nottingham, UK

#624569 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, do you even care what the bible states?
You staunchly defend certain parts of it and repel and protest others. Atheists do that quote often.
You know that God don't care what you have to say about the bible?
Since you don't care, here:
Psalm 50:16-23
16 But to the wicked person, God says:
“What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?
17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.
18 When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers.
19 You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit.
20 You sit and testify against your brother and slander your own mother’s son.
21 When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. But I now arraign you and set my accusations before you.
22 “Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:
23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”
...you can personally vouch for that particular translation can you? LMFAO

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#624570 May 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
From whom??
As if the man had a single, original thought of his own.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcello_Truzzi#... ;

Not that many men do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624572 May 17, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
They would ask that I give until it hurts.
And they would try to make me feel guilty if I didn't.
Hypothetically, sure. But how much would they charge you?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#624573 May 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The kilt isn't worn to "hide" a Scotsman's true sex and you know it.
Whaddayaknow?

It's nano van Winkle.

Welcome back.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624574 May 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao there`s just no downside for god with apologists like you out there.
if someone goes to hell for obeying a mistranslated passage(like killing a witch for example) that`s a bit like rough justice isn`t it?
The most powerful entity in the universe couldn`t guarantee an accurate translation of his instructions for living a life as one of his gang?..too bad so sad.
Alright, then. We'll use you beloved KJV version.

Where does the KJV bible instruct ***me*** to kill witches?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624576 May 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, ole chap. That quote was from OCB's link about the use of 'they' & 'he', that's why the author wrote those two sentences using 'he' in lieu of 'they'.

"They are a witch" is not a proper sentence.

"They are witches" is.

"She is a witch" is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624577 May 17, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>So.
It's currently unreliable.
Absolutely not. But "reading it cover to cover", what many of you claim to have done, is not sufficient to say you understand it.

Location hidden

#624579 May 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Seeing" isn't always "believing", though, is it? There will always be people who refuse to believe what they see, but, instead, see what they believe. I suspect you are the latter of the two.

Nottingham, UK

#624580 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, ole chap. That quote was from OCB's link about the use of 'they' & 'he', that's why the author wrote those two sentences using 'he' in lieu of 'they'.
"They are a witch" is not a proper sentence.
"They are witches" is.
"She is a witch" is.
"They are a witch" is certainly a sentence.

for example:

"If a person is involved in the practice of witchcraft then we may draw the following inference. They are a witch."

English appears to be something else on the list of things you haven`t quite mastered...and we all know by now it`s a non exhaustive list.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624581 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Then you're a non- believer.
Feel better?
I never felt not better, liar.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#624582 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"No- I will NOT explain it"
Then remain ignorant.
YOU are the one who is ignorant.

The bible clearly states that "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live".

The message there is crystal clear.

But since you seem to think that there is NO clear meaning in ANY of the scriptures, just what do you believe in?

You are an IDIOT, RR- and while I haven't told you the following lately, it's as true as when I first told you and it was totally true then, and it's totally true now:

YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624583 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Figure of speech. Like yer decoder ring.
Hey, you finally learned something. Wow.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624584 May 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Seeing" isn't always "believing", though, is it? There will always be people who refuse to believe what they see, but, instead, see what they believe. I suspect you are the latter of the two.
You mean like Christians who think they were touched by their culturally-conditioned god, right?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#624585 May 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Seeing" isn't always "believing", though, is it? There will always be people who refuse to believe what they see, but, instead, see what they believe. I suspect you are the latter of the two.
You describe Christians here.

Faith allows for blindness to evidence.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#624586 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh...
Cuz atheists don't stand behind their decisions?
Show me evidence of your deity's Supernatural Essence. I will then "bow" to it.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624587 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wrote: You staunchly defend certain parts of it and repel and protest others. Atheists do that quote often.
And you proved my point by completely ignoring my post and started rambling on about termites & cockroaches.
I have ignored nothing. It is you who is unwilling to delineate exactly which translation of the many unholy bibles is the right one. I addressed your post directly by illustrating the lunacy of your bible and the ark story. Mocking your unholy screed is not defending it. Illustrating that adherents pick and choose which passages to follow is not defending it. Showing how each of you clowns has a different decoder ring is not supporting or defending it. If there were an omnipotent deity your mess would not be so convoluted and indefensible. I defend none of the nonsense and protest all of it. There is nothing of redeeming quality in the bible. Even the Sermon on the Mount is ridiculous trash. It certainly is not of any divine revelation and contains so much bad advice to be criminal. It is a mess of "bottled wisdom" and not wise at all. So many of the passages contradict, ergo:

Matthew 5:16

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

vs.

Matthew 6:1

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

I'm sure your decoder ring can excuse that away. There are so many more, though.

You can't explain the nature of your god. You can't divulge which of the unholy bibles you consider the correct one. You can't explain the ridiculous stories that your unholy book contains. I get it. Even pretzel logic won't help you.

Location hidden

#624588 May 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have no examples for anything that is actually "normal" about living organisms. Try harder, one day you may just see reality.
The most intentionally abnormal creature on Earth is man. Even chemically confused bulls don't try to tear the unborn calves from the wombs of the cows they inseminated. There are many instances of abnormal behavior in animals that scientists try to cure instead of excusing it as "enculturization" like they do with humans. We know that same-sex nest sharing among adult birds is counter-intuitive to that specie's continued survival and that it is not normal.

Too bad you try so hard to excuse your own aberrant behavior within a twisted sense of reality. Keep twisting, maybe you'll torque something back into its correct position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 2 min RiccardoFire 70,225
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Catcher1 55,919
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 44,923
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 649,786
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 19 min WasteWater 2,293
dubai airport any gay men for sex contact me on... (Jun '15) 1 hr jelly 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr who 281,472
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web