OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#624137 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is "any proof" that OCB was asking for.
Ever buy a product because some person told you how their breath feels fresher after using a certain brand of toothpaste?
That's abecdotal evidence.
Ever need to find a good dry cleaner? Do you ask a few friends for recommendations or do you do a complete scientific study on the best one in town?
We use anecdotal evidence all the time, it's used in place of clinical or scientific evidence.
Again- your attempt at making a sensible and logical analogy falls flat.

Someone telling you of a good dry cleaner is based on that person's opinion and not fact.

Same with the toothpaste.

You might find a dry cleaner to be the best one you've ever used as well as finding a toothpaste to be the best one you've ever used.

But of course, that would only be your opinion; it would not be fact that the toothpaste is the best in the world or that the dry cleaner is the best in the world.

What you state here is simply evidence of OPINIONS without ANY evidence of FACT.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#624138 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG dude, really?
I JUST told you that I CAN'T show you God.
And you bitch that "But, but, you still have not shown me this God."
??? O_o ???
Here, man. For your record, I'll make it loud and clear so you don't waste our time asking me again.
I CAN'T SHOW YOU GOD, THAT'S BETWEEN YOU AND GOD.
So if you can't show Mac or me or anyone else god, why this morning did you post to me for me to come out to Riverside in order for you to be able to show your god to me?

The way you talked earlier made it sound like your god had taken up permanent residence in Riverside and with Riverside as your god's only residence.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#624139 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with that fifth dentist anyway?
Now THIS post of yours is actually funny- one of the rare times you attempted to be humorous and actually succeeded.

LOL!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#624140 May 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be childish.
Gee, I actually thought that was pretty funny.....of course it was also an avoidance tactic on the part of RR, but at least done with actual humor.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#624141 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Me. I am the very reliable source - where else do you think anecdotal evidence comes from?
And your proof that you are a very reliable source is what exactly?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#624142 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I made nothing up because I didn't say that you made that claim. Here, read again:
"When an atheist makes the (very bold) claim "There is no god", you don't ask them for evidence of that, you take them at their word."
When a Christian makes the (very bold) claim "There is no God", you don't ask them for evidence of that, you take them at their word.

Over 2000 years and still no proof.....

Since: May 11

UK

#624143 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The breakthrough is that you finally realized I wrote that, because I've been saying that as long as I've been on Topix.
you can`t prove it

come to riverside and you`ll prove it.

which is it?

Tempe, AZ.

#624144 May 16, 2013
Well crap I sure screwed that up.

Should be "There IS a God"

Tempe, AZ.

#624145 May 16, 2013
<head hung in shame> :-)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#624146 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me wrong, it should go like this:
Me: "God."
You: "Really? Kewl! Show me!"
Me: "I can't, that's between you and God."
Which assumes the existence of a god before his existence has been proven. You're skipping a step.
Huh

North Richland Hills, TX

#624147 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I understand.
That when you write nonsense like "Do we have to prove the non-existence of every god who has ever been worshipped or just the one you worship?" and get called out on it, you tuck tail and run away from it.
Otherwise, you would've done what you said you could do and prove the non-existence of just one god, my God.
You didn't. You back pedaled five times.
Again, your concession is noted.
I can prove the non-existence of your personal god, but, first you have to describe the exact nature of that god.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#624148 May 16, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I CAN'T SHOW YOU GOD, THAT'S BETWEEN YOU AND GOD.
This sentence hurts my brain. Seriously, do you think this makes sense?

Tempe, AZ.

#624149 May 16, 2013
Think about this....the Church has had 2000+ years to prove its position, its God, any magik associated with it, and they have totally failed.

In just the last 60+- years science is in the middle of disproving the Bible and therefore the religion of Christians.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#624150 May 16, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Mother Teresa was actually a sadist. She believed people should suffer for her imaginary friend. She consorted with Contras, Strongmen, and criminals and con men. Oh yeah, she was a Christian. Never mind. Same thing.
Some years ago I heard (in the media) that mother theresa refused painkillers to her "patients". mother said, "I want my patients to die in dignity". Now, make sense of that.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#624151 May 16, 2013
Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>Just one thing I want you to remember, what you said here today. I hope with all my being one day before you die I hope you take Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.
It's not that "I won't do that". It is that "I can't do that".

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#624152 May 16, 2013
Redoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Some years ago I heard (in the media) that mother theresa refused painkillers to her "patients". mother said, "I want my patients to die in dignity". Now, make sense of that.
No- what she told her patients in the throes of agony from their illnesses and to whom she denied pain medication was that their pain was Jesus kissing them.

Of course, when she was dying and in horrible pain, she did not deny HERSELF those very same pain killers- I guess she didn't want to be kissed by her Jesus.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#624153 May 16, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Again- your attempt at making a sensible and logical analogy falls flat.
Someone telling you of a good dry cleaner is based on that person's opinion and not fact.
Same with the toothpaste.
You might find a dry cleaner to be the best one you've ever used as well as finding a toothpaste to be the best one you've ever used.
But of course, that would only be your opinion; it would not be fact that the toothpaste is the best in the world or that the dry cleaner is the best in the world.
What you state here is simply evidence of OPINIONS without ANY evidence of FACT.
Correct. And their opinion is based on fact, that the dry cleaner does well, charges right, is on time, etc. Their anecdotal evidence is true, in that scenario. So you decide to take their 'facts' and go to the same dry cleaner.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624154 May 16, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So if you can't show Mac or me or anyone else god, why this morning did you post to me for me to come out to Riverside in order for you to be able to show your god to me?
The way you talked earlier made it sound like your god had taken up permanent residence in Riverside and with Riverside as your god's only residence.....
You are beyond dense. I was playing in your "come to Orlando" bullshit when I asked you to prove you have hands.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624155 May 16, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Now THIS post of yours is actually funny- one of the rare times you attempted to be humorous and actually succeeded.
LOL!
I have to admit.... It was plagiarized. Chandler said that in an episode if Friends.

Someone excitingly asked him "Guess what!!" (or something), and he replied "The fifth dentist caved and now they ALL like Colgate?"

LMAO!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624156 May 16, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And your proof that you are a very reliable source is what exactly?
My honesty, integrity and forthrightness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Mandela 119,654
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min hojo 559,498
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min AussieBobby 265,146
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr royal kannadiga 1,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,006
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 2 hr Jolly 23,970
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 2 hr Al Capone 5,109
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 18 hr Native Indian 5,520
More from around the web