Prove there's a god.
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624538 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG...
Testimony Noun
A formal written or spoken statement, esp. one given in a court of law.
Evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.
Right. Where does that say "anecdote"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624539 May 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here- learn something- just this once.
http://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/2009/09...
Right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#624540 May 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I will NOT explain it because the following quote is self-explanatory.
Exodus 22:18 (KJV) "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Just like all the "thou shalts" and "thou shalt nots" of the ten commandments are self-explanatory- unless those also throw you for a loop.
"No- I will NOT explain it"

Then remain ignorant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624541 May 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!Oh- so NOW you are using the original texts as in the OLD testament??
Wow- you just change whenever the whim comes over you, huh?
Anyhow....
Samuel 15:23 (KJV) "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft..."
Exodus 22:18 (KJV) "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Deuteronomy 18:14 (NAS) "For those nations, which you will dispossess, listen to those who practice witchcraft and to diviners, but as for you, the Lord your God has not allowed you to do so."
Micah 5:12 (NIV) I will destroy your witchcraft, and you will no longer cast spells.
http://www.acts17-11.com/witchcraft.html
Uh......seems to me that "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" would apply to any and all who believe the bible to be the word of your god......
Gimme a break.

Why should I listen to your ignorant, assumptive ass?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624542 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides, do you even care what the bible states?
You staunchly defend certain parts of it and repel and protest others. Atheists do that quote often.
You know that God don't care what you have to say about the bible?
Since you don't care, here:
Psalm 50:16-23
16 But to the wicked person, God says:
“What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?
17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.
18 When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers.
19 You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit.
20 You sit and testify against your brother and slander your own mother’s son.
21 When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. But I now arraign you and set my accusations before you.
22 “Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:
23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation.”
How did they carry termites on the ark? There are over 4,000 species of termites. A mature queen can lay 30,000 eggs a day. Do I need to do the extrapolation for you? Termites love them some gopherwood. Did they bring a mound or nests? The queen can not survive outside a mound or nest. Why bring termites, anyway?

Then there are the beetles. No, not the mop-topped cuties from yesteryear, but the 300,000 species of beetles currently known to exist. Their period of gestation and profligate reproduction surpasses that of the termite. They would soon overrun the boat, if not for the cockroaches.

So, the KJv is a Midievel translation but that old time religion of souls and magic rain boats is some damn advanced science. GMAFB.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624543 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Gimme a break.
Why should I listen to your ignorant, assumptive ass?
You're hearing voices? Figures.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#624544 May 17, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Both of those answers would be false. But, your alternative is to sit at home and watch football or golf. Yeah, that takes critical thinking. If you are too poor to go to church, here the news flash, there is no entry fee and no exist toll. You can actually come to many churches and receive goods, food, money and necessities. But, it would require critical thinking to know that.
So whenever you're not at church, you're at home watching football or golf?

Great life you've got there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#624545 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"No- I will NOT explain it"
Then remain ignorant.
So, which Bible is it, then?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#624546 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No, karl.
How much [money] does it cost you to go to church?
10% of your income.

Or more if you've been really bad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#624547 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No. That would be the answer to: "How much money do you volunteer to give a church?"

But that's not what I asked.

If YOU went to church, how much money would they charge YOU?
They would ask that I give until it hurts.

And they would try to make me feel guilty if I didn't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#624548 May 17, 2013
The Exterminator 6 wrote:
<quoted text>Darn, you stole that from what they have said about evolution and humanism for years. I guess, if you have no firm position then take another one.
Oh I have a firm position.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624553 May 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have, and we will not be changing the subject. You are asserting that they should not be allowed to raise their children, that they should not be allowed to marry, and that they should not be treated with dignity and respect, all based on nothing but your assertion that your god does not condone it.
I've said none of those. None.
So, without evidence that your god exists, you cannot condemn someone based on what it supposedly said.
Are you sure you're not confusing me with someone else?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624554 May 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollow threats, since you have no evidence your god exists, why should we take those seriously?
Exactly.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624555 May 17, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...because it`s inconvenient?
You think that an omnipotent god who is so particular about being represented correctly would ensure that his "unerring word" was accurately translated?
I mean if you get some guy who is allergic to shellfish wants to spoil it for the rest of Christendom he can just sneak it into his translation...
Um.... God didn't translate the bible, dude. Humans did.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624557 May 17, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here- learn something- just this once.
http://motivatedgrammar.wordpress.com/2009/09...
Neat.

he isn’t gender-neutral: Some claim that singular they is unnecessary because he is gender-neutral, and that this whole kerfuffle about singular they being in any way good or useful only came about when “arrogant ideologues began recasting English into heavy artillery to defend the borders of the New Feminist state.”

If you really think that he is gender-neutral, you ought to find nothing wrong with the following sentences:

(3a) At the funeral, everyone was dressed to the nines, each wearing his swankest tie or nicest dress.
(3b) Is it your brother or your sister who can hold his breath for four minutes?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624558 May 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I have no interest in your god being real or not real. That's just stupid and dishonest. I want to know everything that is true, as much as possible. Without demonstrable evidence, and in light of the misuse of the god concept, there is no reason to believe it is anything more than a scam. You claimed anecdotes were used in court. Your explanation above proves how wrong that claim is.
Great. Then you're a non- believer.

Feel better?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#624559 May 17, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>How did they carry termites on the ark? There are over 4,000 species of termites. A mature queen can lay 30,000 eggs a day. Do I need to do the extrapolation for you? Termites love them some gopherwood. Did they bring a mound or nests? The queen can not survive outside a mound or nest. Why bring termites, anyway?
Then there are the beetles. No, not the mop-topped cuties from yesteryear, but the 300,000 species of beetles currently known to exist. Their period of gestation and profligate reproduction surpasses that of the termite. They would soon overrun the boat, if not for the cockroaches.
So, the KJv is a Midievel translation but that old time religion of souls and magic rain boats is some damn advanced science. GMAFB.
I just wrote: You staunchly defend certain parts of it and repel and protest others. Atheists do that quote often.

And you proved my point by completely ignoring my post and started rambling on about termites & cockroaches.

Since: May 11

Nottingham, UK

#624561 May 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.... God didn't translate the bible, dude. Humans did.
lmao there`s just no downside for god with apologists like you out there.

if someone goes to hell for obeying a mistranslated passage(like killing a witch for example) that`s a bit like rough justice isn`t it?

The most powerful entity in the universe couldn`t guarantee an accurate translation of his instructions for living a life as one of his gang?..too bad so sad.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#624562 May 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go to Scotland then.
The kilt isn't worn to "hide" a Scotsman's true sex and you know it.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#624563 May 17, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to a Scotsman.
That's not cross-dressing, stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 min RFD 19
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 15 min Wheres The Lighter 25
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 19 min Tony 6,555
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 23 min No Fear 11
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 31 min Bongo 37,315
Poll Do you think Juliet Huddy is hot? (Dec '07) 1 hr Sis 77
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr oneear69 688,931
More from around the web