RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.....
<quoted text>
"Of course"?!
Because OCB says so?
HA!
<quoted text>
Or you could believe mud spontaneously became alive and spontaneously grew to ability to self-replicate....
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for those that don't - those that think they can do whatever they want with no eternal repercussions.
<quoted text>
Because you're biblically ignorant.
The god of the bible did not cause evolution unless you are stupid enough to think we evolved from DIRT.

Your god of the bible is like an evil Santa Claus with the BS of eternal repercussions.

What a miserable way to live- always looking over your shoulder at some FIGMENT of your imagination.

YUCK.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.....
<quoted text>
"Of course"?!
Because OCB says so?
HA!
<quoted text>
Or you could believe mud spontaneously became alive and spontaneously grew to ability to self-replicate....
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for those that don't - those that think they can do whatever they want with no eternal repercussions.
<quoted text>
Because you're biblically ignorant.
No- I am NOT ignorant of the bible.

I just don't cherry-pick it like you do to suit your own agenda and to try and justify your own violations of what your god has commanded you to do and not do.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove a negative.....
Ring a bell?
Your claim is that doesn't mean the FIGMENT is real; it simply means that IMAGINATION is real.
The onus is on you.
Go.
Of course it rings a bell.

So the "rules" are that YOU can ask others to prove a negative but that others should never ask you to do the same?

Got it.

The world according to RR doesn't exist and is a figment of your imagination.
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA ! There is NO FACT that all life came from one life.
Why do you call it fact?
He didn't. Evolution does not include that claim.
www.talkorigins.org

Biological evolution is a change in the genetic characteristics of a population over time. That this happens is a fact. Biological evolution also refers to the common descent of living organisms from shared ancestors. The evidence for historical evolution -- genetic, fossil, anatomical, etc.-- is so overwhelming that it is also considered a fact. The theory of evolution describes the mechanisms that cause evolution. So evolution is both a fact and a theory.

You are equivocating abiogenesis and evolution. Knock it off. It makes you look ridiculous.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/

You're too intelligent to act this ignorant so you are willfully prevaricating in some weird worship of self dance with wishy-wished that your ego lives forever. That's sad.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't. Evolution does not include that claim.
www.talkorigins.org
Biological evolution is a change in the genetic characteristics of a population over time. That this happens is a fact. Biological evolution also refers to the common descent of living organisms from shared ancestors. The evidence for historical evolution -- genetic, fossil, anatomical, etc.-- is so overwhelming that it is also considered a fact. The theory of evolution describes the mechanisms that cause evolution. So evolution is both a fact and a theory.
You are equivocating abiogenesis and evolution. Knock it off. It makes you look ridiculous.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/
You're too intelligent to act this ignorant so you are willfully prevaricating in some weird worship of self dance with wishy-wished that your ego lives forever. That's sad.
Yeah- I was gonna ask him where he got his "from one life" business, but it seemed a waste of time.

I admire your "faith" in RR that he is too intelligent to act this ignorant.....I barely can conjure up even a "MUSTARD SEED of faith" for him in that regard....

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so difficult for you to comprehend that the ORIGIN of all life started from the sea (ocean, water, etc.)?
No- instead, you assume the moronic premise that life can be created from DUST to be true.
Good- go ahead and plant a seed in the dust and don't give it any water or allow it to be planted where it could ever be rained upon.
Then tell me how that seed is doing without what is needed in order for it to grow and flourish- that being WATER.
And seriously, RR- I really want to limit the amount of time I spend discussing how and from where life originated.
I much prefer to focus on actually LIVING life because in the final analysis, wherever life sprang from is really of no consequence to the average person or at least it shouldn't be- imo.
What matters much more is how we LIVE our lives and not where or how life began.
Even if there was one THOUSAND percent proof of the evidence of the origin of life and so much evidence as to be beyond any question at all, would that really have an impact on how we actually LIVE our lives and what we DO with our lives?
I can't speak for anyone but myself, and for myself, it wouldn't have ANY impact at all.
So go right ahead and waste YOUR life pondering what really isn't of any consequence as to how you LIVE your life.
So.....

"All life came from one life", as ToE suggests, cannot be confirmed. Cool.

Then it's something some people BELIEVE in.

And really? "Wasting life"?!

Tell that to all the evolutionary scientists.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- here is the definition of "figment":
fig·ment (fgmnt)
n.
Something invented, made up, or fabricated: just a figment of the imagination.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/figment
By the very definition of the word "figment", a figment is NOT real.
Yes, you defined the word but not the idiom.

It's something invented OR made up.

Get a clue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
The god of the bible did not cause evolution unless you are stupid enough to think we evolved from DIRT.
Ignorant, assumptive guesses.....

"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion. Or admit its just your opinion.

I don't think we evolved from dirt. Stop assuming.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So.....
"All life came from one life", as ToE suggests, cannot be confirmed. Cool.
Then it's something some people BELIEVE in.
And really? "Wasting life"?!
Tell that to all the evolutionary scientists.
OMG- if that is someone's life's work and passion- to study evolution- then of COURSE it's not wasting life.

But from a layperson's perspective, my interest in the origin of life- and certainly down to the most minutest of details- is limited. I don't study or research evolution for a living, nor is it a passion of mine.

That you obviously can't comprehend the difference between a layperson's interest in evolution from that of an evolutionary scientist is really scary and kinda tells me that you sure prove out that we humans are nowhere near as evolved as some might believe we are.

WOW.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I am NOT ignorant of the bible.
I just don't cherry-pick it like you do to suit your own agenda and to try and justify your own violations of what your god has commanded you to do and not do.
Yes you are ignorant and yes you do cherry pick.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it rings a bell.
So the "rules" are that YOU can ask others to prove a negative but that others should never ask you to do the same?
Got it.
The world according to RR doesn't exist and is a figment of your imagination.
Nope. The door swings both ways, OCB.

If you can ask me to prove a claim, I can ask you the same.

You hate that, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
He didn't. Evolution does not include that claim.
Yes it does, you've never heard of the "common ancestor" guess?

"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
You are equivocating abiogenesis and evolution.

Knock it off. It makes you look ridiculous.
I'm not comparing the two. "All life can from one life" is NOT EQUAL to "how did life begin".

You are spinning the two together in an attempt to throw the discussion off. It ain't workin.

Se above. Stop assuming so damn much.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
Yeah- I was gonna ask him where he got his "from one life" business, but it seemed a waste of time.
From ToE, from the common ancestor.

Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
I admire your "faith" in RR that he is too intelligent to act this ignorant.....I barely can conjure up even a "MUSTARD SEED of faith" for him in that regard....
See? Cherry picker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
OMG- if that is someone's life's work and passion- to study evolution- then of COURSE it's not wasting life.
But from a layperson's perspective, my interest in the origin of life- and certainly down to the most minutest of details- is limited. I don't study or research evolution for a living, nor is it a passion of mine.
Oh.

So someone that's seeming smarter than you says something and you believe it.

Cool.
That you obviously can't comprehend the difference between a layperson's interest in evolution from that of an evolutionary scientist is really scary and kinda tells me that you sure prove out that we humans are nowhere near as evolved as some might believe we are.
WOW.
I can totally understand it. I just question it. Something you 'freethinkers' can't seem to do - unless it's about questioning Christianity.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant, assumptive guesses.....
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion. Or admit its just your opinion.
I don't think we evolved from dirt. Stop assuming.
Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.

WTF??

BTW, STILL waiting for evidence of THAT god or ANY god which MIGHT exist for that matter......since you can't provide any evidence, admit that your god exists is just your opinion.

You don't think we evolved from dirt? Well, that is how the first human came to be in the bible.....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From ToE, from the common ancestor.
Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
<quoted text>
See? Cherry picker.
No- not cherry picking- simply borrowing from the biblical phrase of a "mustard seed of faith".

Gotta go, RR.

Really don't have much time to be here today......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.
WTF??
BTW, STILL waiting for evidence of THAT god or ANY god which MIGHT exist for that matter......since you can't provide any evidence, admit that your god exists is just your opinion.
You don't think we evolved from dirt? Well, that is how the first human came to be in the bible.....
No, no, no. Don't you back pedal. Answer.

YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- not cherry picking- simply borrowing from the biblical phrase of a "mustard seed of faith".
Gotta go, RR.
Really don't have much time to be here today......
Oh, my bad.

You're not cherry picking, just "borrowing a phrase".

O_o

LMMFAO!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.
WTF??
I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. Don't you back pedal. Answer.
YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.
You mean Biblically? I can do that.

So can you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

540 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual Leader 533,658
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 3,998
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min WasteWater 257,020
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min UIdiotRaceMakeWorldPeace 172,569
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min New Age Spiritual Leader 599,130
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min RiccardoFire 93,857
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Aura Mytha 224,672
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min ThatOneBand 115,652
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••