|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What RR and many like him who don't accept homosexuality as valid fail to realize is that pointing out to school kids the many wonderful accomplishments and talents of homosexuals throughout history can go a long way in offsetting mindsets such as that of RR and many like him- that being that homosexuals are "bad" people, worthless, useless, people who do nothing and contribute nothing positive to society, etc.....- that like any other MINORITY group, homosexuals have made major positive contributions to the world since the dawn of mankind and that the fact they were/are gay does not diminish them or invalidate them.
Parents who try to push discrimination against homosexuals onto their children fail to realize that children are being taught that discrimination against people based on their sexuality is no more justifiable than discrimination against people based on their race, creed, color, religion or gender.
But for those parents who want to keep that cycle of hatred, contempt, disdain and lack of respect against homosexuals have a hard time accepting that that cycle can be broken- as of course, is SHOULD be.
Nicely put.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You seem well-versed on the subject and quite obsessed. I think you're masking something.
lol

I thought my contempt was quite clear.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The central characteristic of the gay rights movement has no business being part of a school's curriculum. It's not really a 'movement' anyway, it's more like a bath house party.
Teach it, sure. But leave it to college classes, keep it out of K-12.
And there's part of the problem.

In addition to that being a total mischaracterization, you're promoting ignorance for as long as possible.

How's that for pushing an agenda?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Far enough in the closet to see Narnia.
I find it hilarious that topix phags think that ruse will silence the straight voice. Try again, loser. I don't scare easy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
GI Joe is no doll, he's an action figure - as his camo, Jeep, machine guns, parachute and kung fu grip testify.
(Cue the copy/paste definitions of 'doll' and 'action figure')
You think so, huh? You think it's perfectly fine that a little boy would be interested in changing poopy diapers on some doll?
LOL!! The Barbie is an action figure as well- as her beach house, sports car, clothing, accessories, etc. testify.

Yes- I think it would be fine for a boy to be interested in changing poopy diapers on a doll- why should only little girls be interested in that when fathers are as capable of changing diapers as mothers are and when many fathers do change diapers just like mothers do?

WTF is WRONG with you?

You actually think an interest in changing diapers- resulting in one's baby being clean- should only be specific to the female gender?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "rights" the gays don't have is SSM. That's it. That's all.
And, come to think on't, you said that just recently.

Why exactly do you have difficulty with a same-sex couple acquiring a licence from the County Clerk?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I find it hilarious that topix phags think that ruse will silence the straight voice. Try again, loser. I don't scare easy.
Erm, I'm not gay.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Having kids, or raising kids, makes a person infinitely more of an expert on kids compared to someone that hasn't. Your posts prove that. Remember you wrote "Why would you discipline a 6 month old?!?!" You ask because you're ignorant of it.
No, RR- I asked because it is SICK to ever hit a BABY.

Sorry- you're wrong.

I know MANY people who have children; I asked every single one of them if they ever would have hit their 6 month old baby- they all responded that that is a sick thing to even THINK of- let alone carry out.

And these people all raised children who are responsible and good people without ever having raised a hand to them and certainly not at the age of 6 months old.

I won't discuss this any further. Such a notion as hitting a baby is too monstrous of a notion for me to want to even think about- let alone talk about any longer.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Nicely put.
Thanks, Mac.

I just can't stand that there are still so many people in this world- with most of them parents- who willingly and gleefully want to continue a legacy of hate and to push that hatred onto their kids.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. "OBEs aren't real"
Neither are "dreams", any kind of dream, right?
Anyway it's off to dreamland for me.
I might drive a car to the moon tonight, who knows, I certainly cannot control it.
That's my "dream state" I cannot control.
I'm sure I'd have no problem controlling the car.
My favorite dreams are when I kill somebody than suddenly waking up. There's no better relief in knowing that you didn't actually do it. That shows to me that there is a natural feeling of goodness which fights against itself,as in there's a bit of bad in all of us.
Majority in favour to goodness 90%. Evil 10%
There's you're heaven and hell .
It's all in the mind.
Just like you can banish evil thoughts away for eternity.
Mmmkah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "rights" the gays don't have is SSM. That's it. That's all.
And you call them 'marginalized' and 'fighting' for rights... It's sad.
That's a pretty important right. Marriage comes with a whole slew of other benefits that would otherwise be denied to gay people.

And let's not forget the overall cultural stigma against homosexuality.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The central characteristic of the gay rights movement has no business being part of a school's curriculum. It's not really a 'movement' anyway, it's more like a bath house party.
Teach it, sure. But leave it to college classes, keep it out of K-12.
You are such an ignorant homophobe- not that there's any other kind but the ignorant kind.

What about kids who in high school KNOW they are gay? They should be kept in the dark about homosexuality and the gay rights movement?

Should children not be taught about ANYTHING having to do with sex from K-12 or only that which the "mighty" RR finds acceptable?

Who the F*CK are YOU to decide and decree what is "normal" and what is not "normal" and all the more when you are so ignorant about homosexuality to begin with?

And it's not about the "gay rights movement" being taught in school as much as it's about acknowledging the many great accomplishments and contributions of homosexuals since the dawn of mankind.

You do not GET that in order to offset prejudice and bias such as you display toward homosexuals and which is no different than those who display prejudice and bias toward blacks- it's important to put "good press" out there about ANY group which is maligned and with no reason and from a purely emotional and subjective standpoint.

Of course, the overall theme when being taught about ANY group of people is that there are good AND bad in ALL groups of people and regardless of race, creed, color, religion, nationality, gender or innate sexuality.

But when a group is maligned over and over again and when misinformation is put out about a group of people (happened with blacks and still is just as it is happening with homosexuals) the need to put out POSITIVE words about those much maligned groups is of paramount importance.

Well....at least if one is TRULY moral and is TRULY logical and TRULY does give a rat's Aunt Fanny about equal rights and TRULY wants to see an end to hatred, prejudice and discrimination.

I do know better than to include you in the above description of what makes a truly decent human being.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And there's part of the problem.
In addition to that being a total mischaracterization, you're promoting ignorance for as long as possible.
How's that for pushing an agenda?
RR is in keeping with the agenda of those mere mortal men who wrote the bible.

He is only too happy to be one of the masses who will forever remain ignorant.

It IS the best way to control the masses- keep them ignorant and that was the intention of the mere mortal authors of the bible.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a pretty important right. Marriage comes with a whole slew of other benefits that would otherwise be denied to gay people.
And let's not forget the overall cultural stigma against homosexuality.
A stigma RR is responsible in helping to promote.

You don't honestly think he cares about the stigma against homosexuality, do you? How COULD he when he buys into it and perpetrates it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every action and preference of any person will be acceptable to all others.
They DO have the same rights as everyone else, except SSM in some states.
Stop trying to make a sexual preference equal to race, it's not.
You're born with a sexual orientation, and you are born with a skin color. What's the difference?

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, Mac.
I just can't stand that there are still so many people in this world- with most of them parents- who willingly and gleefully want to continue a legacy of hate and to push that hatred onto their kids.
As do I.

Fortunately, I suspect we're in the dying days of that BS.

Know what I think will kill it?

Google.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone wanting to push homosexuality on kindergarten or elementary kids under the guise of "history" or "civil rights" is a sick & twisted person.
Well then, we shouldn't teach about the revolutionary war because that's pushing rap on kids. We shouldn't teach about women gaining the right to vote either, because that's pushing vaginas onto children.

Are you for real? History is history.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Having kids, or raising kids, makes a person infinitely more of an expert on kids compared to someone that hasn't. Your posts prove that. Remember you wrote "Why would you discipline a 6 month old?!?!" You ask because you're ignorant of it.
No, it does not. If you believe that, then try sky diving without an instructor, jump out of the plane a few times to make the point more apt.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What RR and many like him who don't accept homosexuality as valid fail to realize is that pointing out to school kids the many wonderful accomplishments and talents of homosexuals throughout history can go a long way in offsetting mindsets such as that of RR and many like him- that being that homosexuals are "bad" people, worthless, useless, people who do nothing and contribute nothing positive to society, etc.....- that like any other MINORITY group, homosexuals have made major positive contributions to the world since the dawn of mankind and that the fact they were/are gay does not diminish them or invalidate them.
Parents who try to push discrimination against homosexuals onto their children fail to realize that children are being taught that discrimination against people based on their sexuality is no more justifiable than discrimination against people based on their race, creed, color, religion or gender.
But for those parents who want to keep that cycle of hatred, contempt, disdain and lack of respect against homosexuals have a hard time accepting that that cycle can be broken- as of course, is SHOULD be.
That ain't the point.

That "the many wonderful accomplishments and talents of homosexuals throughout history" is ridiculous IS the point.

At what point in your American history class did you learn about Washington and all his accomplishments? Did you EVER learn about his sexual preferences? Nope. Not in K-12 you didn't.

THAT is the point. That is doesn't matter so why even bring it up?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You're born with a sexual orientation, and you are born with a skin color. What's the difference?
RR's ignorance about homosexuality has him thinking that one's sexuality is a conscious choice.

Of course, when asked what day he "decided" to be straight, there is no answer, since that was no more a conscious decision on his part than it is a conscious decision on the part of homosexuals.

RR doesn't grasp that one's sexuality is innate.

He confuses gays coming out of the closet as not having really been gay to begin with due to having been able to hide their homosexuality.

He confuses the choice to HIDE one's homosexuality- or not- with the fact that BEING gay (or straight) is not a conscious choice or decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lesbian sexting 10 min fucker5559076 7
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Anthony MN 537,286
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min USA-1 117,866
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min bad bob 172,991
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 50 min GodFreeByChoice 5,344
Last Word + 2 56 min Tender Mercies 423
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr BenAdam 599,569
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Charlie Sheen 259,373

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••