Prove there's a god.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623899 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Well, Christians are all about loving everyone, right?
Here's a thought...
Is it not their Christian duty to check the weather forecast, find where the hurricanes are going, and stand in its direct path as a shield, praying?
After all, there are almost certainly pregnant women, babies, infants, toddlers, Lost Sheep in there.
I'd pay to see that.
Yeahnoway is not against drowning babies. It's in the book. After all, babies are evil. It's in the book! Evil baby crying and manipulating Riverside Redneck so severely that he had to resort to corporal punishment, that evil little thing.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#623900 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA hahaha!!!! Wait for it......
<quoted text>
HA HA !! Some of the details are off but you're 100% sure of it?
Hahaha!!
<quoted text>
Ugh. Another psychic atheist. Great...
<quoted text>
None of them have yet, so we're 100% sure they're accurate.
HA HA !!
Good afternoon Riverside Redneck,

Maybe if you had been following me and P23 earlier all this would have made more sense to you. Basically I was summing up a long discussion. The remark about some of the details being off was just a concession to the fact that over time some details of evolution have changed….just as Christianities understanding of the Bible has. The main details remain the same

As far as the psychic atheist bit goes-- again I was kind of summing up and telling the person this was aimed at that per our earlier discussion, Christianity would be changing big time because of what’s been found out recently. Parts of the Bible are now proven myths.

You didn't get the memo??

Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about..:-)
Huh

Plano, TX

#623901 May 14, 2013
Nexus wrote:
<quoted text>
And here you are failing at the University of Texas at Arlington...
And here you are, lying. I am not from Arlington and never went to the University of Texas. The last time I was in Arlington was before Jerry World was built. You know how to tell when a Christian is lying, either their lips are moving or their fingers are tapping at a keyboard. Stupid Christian liars. Con men. Every one of you, the only difference is you Topix Christians aren't smart enough to scam your fellow deluded out of their geld.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623902 May 14, 2013
Nexus wrote:
<quoted text>
Would your 'degree' be from the Mayberry School for Gas Station Attendants?
Huh

Plano, TX

#623903 May 14, 2013
Nexus wrote:
<quoted text>
According to research of North Carolina and other state lists there were 14 registered sex offenders living in Holly Springs as of May 14, 2013. The ratio of number of residents in Holly Springs to the number of sex offenders is 1,553 to 1.

Prove you are not one of these sex offenders.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623904 May 14, 2013
Nexus wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah... still watching you be clueless all these years...
Mirror, mirror on the wall.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#623905 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The bible states that your god created the first man from dust and the first woman from a rib of the first man with all future humanity stemming from those 2 magically made individuals.
Neither action in any way fits the definition of evolution.
Ok, you've gone from back pedaling to side-stepping. What's wrong, you can't FOCUS?

Again, you wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.

You did NOT write:
"The god of the bible did not cause human evolution". so why are you stuck on Adam?

Provide evidence for your assertion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623906 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Well, therein lies the rub. Common ancestor does not make your claim that all life came from one life. That is where your equivocation fallacy falters. You wrote, "Show me the "FACTS" that all life came from one life, as ToE suggests." You are reading a Wikipedia simplification of the concept and it does not mean what you think it means.
"Modern organisms are the genetic descendants of one ancient, original species (broadly defined as a communal population of organisms exchanging genetic material)". So, it is not in any way all life from one life. Please garner a basic understanding before yo pontificate foolishly and please stop reading Wkikpedia. It will rot your brain.
So, yes, where did life begin is an important piece. It is you who is equivocating the two with your Wikisimplification.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/defau...
Perhaps you can read and learn from an in-depth explanation as opposed to such a simplified one.
So this "community" of first life all began at once? There was no single, original one?

How's that possible?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623907 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeahnoway is not against drowning babies. It's in the book. After all, babies are evil. It's in the book! Evil baby crying and manipulating Riverside Redneck so severely that he had to resort to corporal punishment, that evil little thing.
*sigh*

I know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623908 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Common ancestor is not "one life" no matter what your treasured Wikipoo contains. Ugh.
You have no evidence to support that opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623909 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>So, they're cherry picking when they have no "faith" that you are more intelligent than you present yourself here and I am assuming when I claim that you are. Your door doesn't just swing both ways, it's a regular trisexual.
So.... My door will try anything once?

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623910 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That's not how science works, and you know it. Ugh. You've already proven even Wikipoo is too complicated for your online persona.
To a layman, that IS how science works.

See OCB as a prime example.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623911 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Because the god of the Bible does not do it that way. It's in the book! Could "a god" possibly do it that way. sure, why not, but, when you make a specific god claim and the only evidence for that god and what it has accomplished are in a book, that book is what it is, and in that book, there is no evolution. How many of your theist friends that "dispute" evolution based on their understanding of the Bible do you ask to prove their assertions. I'll just score it a zero now until you can come up with some evidence that you have.
Because they are ignorant and don't understand that the 6 data of creation were not a literal 144 hours.

I believe that God used nature and all that He created in it to create us and all other life on earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623912 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm.
Well, Christians are all about loving everyone, right?
Here's a thought...
Is it not their Christian duty to check the weather forecast, find where the hurricanes are going, and stand in its direct path as a shield, praying?
After all, there are almost certainly pregnant women, babies, infants, toddlers, Lost Sheep in there.
I'd pay to see that.
You'd pay to see pregnant women, babies, infants and toddlers get hurt and/or killed?!?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623913 May 14, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yeahnoway is not against drowning babies. It's in the book. After all, babies are evil. It's in the book! Evil baby crying and manipulating Riverside Redneck so severely that he had to resort to corporal punishment, that evil little thing.
You're lying. I never said I spanked my kids because they cried. Knock it off.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#623914 May 14, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Riverside Redneck,
Maybe if you had been following me and P23 earlier all this would have made more sense to you. Basically I was summing up a long discussion. The remark about some of the details being off was just a concession to the fact that over time some details of evolution have changed….just as Christianities understanding of the Bible has. The main details remain the same
As far as the psychic atheist bit goes-- again I was kind of summing up and telling the person this was aimed at that per our earlier discussion, Christianity would be changing big time because of what’s been found out recently. Parts of the Bible are now proven myths.
You didn't get the memo??
Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about..:-)
Yes, evolution (or the theory of) changes frequently due to new evidence or new theories that dispute or disprove old theories or old evidence. I know this.

Christianity (or the peopke of) changes with the times as we're supposed to.

The core principles of Christianity doesn't change. The core principles of evolution does change.

No parts of the bible have been proven as myths. I'll gladly counter any parts you think have been.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623915 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd pay to see pregnant women, babies, infants and toddlers get hurt and/or killed?!?
No, and that's not what I said.
And you know it, you blistering lackwit.

I said, and you know it, I'd pay to see a bunch of praying Christians put themselves in the way of a hurricane to protect the innocent.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#623916 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are ignorant and don't understand that the 6 data of creation were not a literal 144 hours.
I believe that God used nature and all that He created in it to create us and all other life on earth.
No- YOU don't understand. You're correct if you think the literal six day creation doesn't make sense, because it doesn't.

You are NOT correct in your attempt to interpret the bible to mean what you WANT it to mean but which it does NOT mean.

Take the following for what it's worth, though because it completely contradicts YOUR "theory" that creation was not a literal 144 hours, I'm sure you won't find it worth much of anything.

Good thing that in no way invalidates what the following states.

"Was a Creation Day a 24-Hour Day?
By Bob Knopf

One of the greatest controversies about creation is whether a Creation Day was a 24-hour Solunar day.

Some have claimed that a creation day may have been 1000 years, or even an entire geological period. Does Scripture support these beliefs? What does Scripture really say?

Did God create the heavens and earth, humankind and the plants and animals in six 24-hour days?

There is only one correct answer to this question. The Truth is that God created all things in six 24-hour days.

Below you will find 15 biblical statements that tell us a creation day was a regular 24-hour day.

15 Biblical Proofs That Prove a Creation Day Was a 24-Hour (Solar) Day

· Proverbs 30:5 -“Every word of God is pure …” God says what He means and means what He says. The Bible is meant to be interpreted plainly, or not interpreted at all, to be easily understood.

· Genesis 1:5 - God Himself named and defined “Day” as the light period, and “Night” the dark period comprising one solar 24-hour day. If a day was an age, e.g. 1000 years, this would mean there would be 500 years of light and 500 years of darkness.

· Genesis 1:5 -“Yom,” this Hebrew word for “day.” It is first used and defined in verse 5. It is used 410 times in the Bible in association with a number, e.g. 1st day, and in each instance it always refers to a 24-hour solar day.

· Genesis1: 5,8,13,19,23,31 - After each day of creation, God specifically declares His act was completed in one day. He counts each day off day because He wanted to make it clear.

· Genesis 1:11; 1:16 - Plants were created on Day #3; the sun was created on Day #4. This presents no problem if a day is 24 hours, BUT it’s a big problem if a day was 1000 years. All plants, which need sunlight to survive, would have died.

· Genesis 1:16 -“…the greater light (sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light (moon) to rule the night ….” This obviously refers to 12 hour periods, not hundreds of years ruled by sun, or hundreds of years ruled by the moon.

· Exodus 20:11 -“For in six days the Lord made the heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day …” You’d have to throw out this verse.

· Exodus 31:17 -“… for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” If a day were 1000 years, we would we have a thousand year rest (Sabbath). You’d also have to throw out this verse.

· John 11:9 -“Jesus answered, are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walks in the day, he stumbles not, because he sees the light of this world.”

· Genesis 2:2,3 -“And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it ….” The Sabbath was declared as Day #7. We don’t have a 1000-year Sabbath.

· Exodus 20:11b “…wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.” We don’t celebrate a 1000 year Sabbath."

I couldn't post all 15 due to space limitation.

http://www.creationproof.com/id22.html

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623917 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. I never said I spanked my kids because they cried. Knock it off.
No- but you used an example of a 6 month old baby crying and disrupting mommy and daddy's dinner for want of attention and/or to "manipulate".

You stated that in such a situation, there is nothing wrong with spanking a 6 month old baby in order to "discipline" them.

As a matter of FACT, you have stated: How else would you discipline a 6 month old baby?

Yes SIR- you DID post that- and more than once, but I'm not going back through hundreds and hundreds of pages should you attempt to deny you said that- which if you're true to form- you will.

You have condoned parents striking babies.

YOU knock it off.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623918 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, and that's not what I said.
And you know it, you blistering lackwit.
I said, and you know it, I'd pay to see a bunch of praying Christians put themselves in the way of a hurricane to protect the innocent.
That's RR being smarmy and sleazy. Maybe he thinks it's a clever "tactic".

<shrug>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 15 min Paul is dead 4,103
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min It aint necessari... 38,082
Anyone Want to shag on my milf Aunt live (Jun '15) 56 min willthis23 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 641,491
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr sabazius54 104,657
Gay on Sunshine Coast BC 1 hr sabazius54 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr LAWEST100 44,330
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr true observation 618,384
More from around the web