“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623544 May 13, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling that indistinguishable from modern humans?...
Please consider that from the perspective of a creationist, a lemur is indistiguishible from themselves.

Never try to teach a lemur to think. It wastes your time and annoys the lemur.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#623545 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a part of the Godhead,the triune. That was giving to us when Christ accended back to the Father in Heaven. That is what indwells in a person when they become a follower of Jesus. It's a teacher, so to speak. Leads guides and directs us, and helps us to be better servants of God. It's our comforter.
So, it's like your light house? It keeps you from crashing into the rocks? I think I get it now.

Thanks Psalms23.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#623546 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
... It's a teacher, so to speak. Leads guides and directs us, and helps us to be better servants of God...
It is a pretty lousy teacher then.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#623547 May 13, 2013
Pokay wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus, really? We are capable of forming memories of an event but not our sense of being itself.
So what you're saying is that if we were "present" while sleeping we should remember our sense of being? I thought you agreed we cannot remember our sense of being? How can you make a memory out of just "being"? Where's the "event" in that?
Ignoring the fact that you have made up a bunch of random rules for our sense of being and why/why not it manifests, why/why not we remember it, etc, yes, that's what I'm saying. There's no reason why we shouldn't remember our sense of being if it really stays "on" during the night. Again, our minds are very active during sleep - therefore, if we really stay "turned on" during sleep, we should remember it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623548 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Christian use, yes.
In Judaism it is "Ruach Ha'Kodesh" wich is best translated as "that which makes us living creatures" or in the case of humans "that which makes us thinking creatures".
Judaism makes much more sense than the Christian bastardization of it.
Considering the number of religions that were bastardized to form the christian mythology, it almost never makes sense.

Location hidden

#623549 May 13, 2013
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I know and it's often hard for me to respond in a way that even makes sense to them, because I simply don't view God from the same horrific view that they do. To be honest, their whole view of Christianity and God really bothers me...because the truth is...so-called Christians have actually been the sole reason they feel the way they do.
You are underestimating the intelligence of the average atheist. Also, you are applying the same faulty assumption (that we "feel the way we do" because of bad christian behavior) to *all* atheists. I personally view the christian god as vile, jealous, homicidal, judgmental, and petty (among other things) because of what the bible says about him. I'm sure other atheists have their own reasons for feeling a certain way about christianity, but I take issue with the notion that we all feel the way we do because of "bad christians.' This sentiment implies that we irrationally dismiss the possibility of a god because of a few bad apples, and that we would view your dogma favorably if not for said bad apples.

Location hidden

#623550 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you point out to me the delima and contradictions in this?
Here, the link you gave says this.
Primate Family Tree
Due to billions of years of evolution, humans share genes with all living organisms. The percentage of genes or DNA that organisms share records their similarities. We share more genes with organisms that are more closely related to us.
Humans belong to the biological group known as Primates, and are classified with the great apes, one of the major groups of the primate evolutionary tree. Besides similarities in anatomy and behavior, our close biological kinship with other primate species is indicated by DNA evidence. It confirms that our closest living biological relatives are chimpanzees and bonobos, with whom we share many traits. But we did not evolve directly from any primates living today.
DNA also shows that our species and chimpanzees diverged from a common ancestor species that lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. The last common ancestor of monkeys and apes lived about 25 million years ago.
P23 writes:
But here’s the problem: Fossils that are indistinguishble from modern humans have been dated as far as 4.5 million years old.(These are evolutionary dates) not mine... These ancient dates go well beyond the dates corresponding to our ancestors! Oops!
Besides the problem with the "dating method" in science... How do explain the absence of a "transitional fossil"???
Surely if the world was coverd and populated with such assumed evolution taking place they would find such a thing, even hundreds etc etc....?
We have found plenty of "transitional fossils." Everything is a transitional fossil.

Location hidden

#623551 May 13, 2013
psalms 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously that foolish to think that just being a shoplifter, is what will send a person to hell???
WOW,, I truly hope you are not that ignorant??
And your second statement is even more ignorant then the first..Well almost..
In your case it would be your denial and rejection of they being a God .. For those who believe in God, but yet reject Jesus will recieve the same judgment as you will.
Just because a person is a drug addict, shoplifter, drunkard, isnt what sends them to hell. It's Blaspheming the Holy Ghost..
blas·pheme
[blas-feem, blas-feem] Show IPA verb, blas·phemed, blas·phem·ing.
verb (used with object)
to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
to speak evil of; slander; abuse.
verb (used without object)
to speak irreverently of God or sacred things; utter impieties.
Origin:
1300–50; Middle English (< Anglo-French ) < Late Latin blasph&#275;m&#257;re < Greek blasph&#275;meîn to speak profanely, derivative of blásph&#275;mos blasphemous
Murder, rape, hatred, and other similar crimes - no big deal. Blaspheming the holy ghost?*That's* what sens you to hell. Lol

Location hidden

#623552 May 13, 2013
sends*

Location hidden

#623553 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You must understand that these type of people consider anything not in agreement with their beliefs as persecution. Meanwhile they do the same and worse to everyone else.
Hypocrites in the truest sense of the term.
Indeed, I do.

You're quite right - he went from accusing me of persecuting christians to telling me I was going to spend an eternity in hell in the space of like 3 lines. Pretty funny.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623554 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ignoring the fact that you have made up a bunch of random rules for our sense of being and why/why not it manifests, why/why not we remember it, etc, yes, that's what I'm saying. There's no reason why we shouldn't remember our sense of being if it really stays "on" during the night. Again, our minds are very active during sleep - therefore, if we really stay "turned on" during sleep, we should remember it.
. Your opening up a can of worms here.
You seriously don't get it.
Firstly you need to understand why we have to go to sleep (and don't say because we are tired ).
Secondly you need to understand what is happening to us when we are asleep.
And lastly you need to understand why we arise after sleep.
P.s everybody and I mean everybody dreams, there are many states of dreaming and everybody does it, regardless if they remember their dreams or not, everybody dreams while sleeping.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623555 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please consider that from the perspective of a creationist, a lemur is indistiguishible from themselves.
Never try to teach a lemur to think. It wastes your time and annoys the lemur.
. Sorry, but it is impossible to "waste time".
It is also impossible to have " spare time".
Live in the moment, for that is all you have while on planet earth.

Oh bugger, I think I just wasted time replying to you're post.
Oh no I didn't, I just used my awareness of "being" to reply.
Cool, that took no time at all then.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623556 May 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a pretty lousy teacher then.
Who taught the teacher ?
The Principal?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#623557 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. Your opening up a can of worms here.
Firstly you need to understand why we have to go to sleep (and don't say because we are tired ).
P.s everybody and I mean everybody dreams, there are many states of dreaming and everybody does it, regardless if they remember their dreams or not, everybody dreams while sleeping.
The only real reason we "must" sleep is because that is the time the body is capable of healing itself, when nutrients are not needed for motor functions the immune system gets more nutrients and can be more proactive as well as cellular growth (repair). The brain itself is also capable of running it's more intensive algorithms used to process and store information, algorithms which require more neurons to function efficiently than are available while the brain is regulating motor and sensory systems. This is a highly simplified explanation and grossly over generalized, but that's the reason sleep is required.
youtube

AOL

#623558 May 13, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Location hidden

#623559 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>. Your opening up a can of worms here.
It's funny when someone tries to act as an authority on a subject that they don't understand. Tell me, why do we sleep? I bet you can't, because no one knows for sure. There are many theories as to why we need sleep, but there is no definitive answer. Ironically, the most definitive answer we have for why we sleep is "because we are tired." Again, there are many competing theories on he subject (off the top of my head... one theory states that we sleep to collate visual stimuli,, among several other interesting ideas).

I have a solid understanding of what happens when we sleep. Do you?

Yeah, no shit everyone dreams.

Location hidden

#623560 May 13, 2013
youtube wrote:
100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =moaXuWJryu8XX
Also found on your channel: 100% proof obama is the antichrist and 100% proof the last pope was the antichrist. Awesome.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#623561 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Also found on your channel: 100% proof obama is the antichrist and 100% proof the last pope was the antichrist. Awesome.

There's hundreds of them running around.
Greens - tuf

Sydney, Australia

#623562 May 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I have experienced quite a few lucid dreams. I was just saying that not all of our dreams are lucid - some people never even have them.

Here we go.
In this post you're saying "some people never even have them"
And you're calling me the "expert"?

Location hidden

#623563 May 13, 2013
Greens - tuf wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go.
In this post you're saying "some people never even have them"
And you're calling me the "expert"?
Never even have *lucid dreams.* Do you know the difference between a lucid dream and a regular dream?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 560,259
Gay snapchat names 18 min A Noted Ferrerman 166
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 26 min yon 4,848
America's Most Dangerous Corruption 35 min Protester 4
*SEPT 2015 --- SIGNS of Tribulation 'start' 46 min FeastTrumpetsYTube 1
John Lennon was an Atheist 49 min Icew 28
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 51 min Rosa_Winkel 96,842
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 605,292
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 18 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web