Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#623874 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- not cherry picking- simply borrowing from the biblical phrase of a "mustard seed of faith".
Gotta go, RR.
Really don't have much time to be here today......
Oh, my bad.

You're not cherry picking, just "borrowing a phrase".

O_o

LMMFAO!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623875 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....making a human out of dust and to instantaneously be an adult human being is in no way evolutionary.
WTF??
BTW, STILL waiting for evidence of THAT god or ANY god which MIGHT exist for that matter......since you can't provide any evidence, admit that your god exists is just your opinion.
You don't think we evolved from dirt? Well, that is how the first human came to be in the bible.....
I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#623876 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. Don't you back pedal. Answer.
YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.
You mean Biblically? I can do that.

So can you.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#623877 May 14, 2013
My personal opinion is that I do not care if there is a god watching over me and caring for my daily health and well being daily (giving me medicine for my health). I really do not care. Why? I care for myself. I need no outside help.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623878 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
My personal opinion is that I do not care if there is a god watching over me and caring for my daily health and well being daily (giving me medicine for my health). I really do not care. Why? I care for myself. I need no outside help.
An Apatheist. I love it.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#623879 May 14, 2013
Number 1; In in my years on this rolling dirt ball, I have never seen one instance of a miracle. If you want to call the stars above, a miracle, that's up to you. Number 2; I have never heard, seen, a prayer for the regrowth of an amputated limb take place. I have witnessed many hundreds of prayers for forgiveness (forgiveness for what?, sinning as Adam and Eve?) and not a one has resulted in anything. Witness mother theresa. All she ever did in India, was to "bless" the dying. Show me where she raised the dead and relieved pain and suffering. Does NOT exist.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#623880 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Hey Red! Saw your post to me of the other day but too many pages to scroll back now.....good to see you!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623881 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU wrote:
"The god of the bible did not cause evolution". Provide evidence for that assertion.
The bible states that your god created the first man from dust and the first woman from a rib of the first man with all future humanity stemming from those 2 magically made individuals.

Neither action in any way fits the definition of evolution.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#623882 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.
LOL!! You'll sooner see GODOT ambling up the road......
Nobody

Irving, TX

#623883 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Just one thing I want you to remember, what you said here today. I hope with all my being one day before you die I hope you take Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623884 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does, you've never heard of the "common ancestor" guess?
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
<quoted text>
I'm not comparing the two. "All life can from one life" is NOT EQUAL to "how did life begin".
You are spinning the two together in an attempt to throw the discussion off. It ain't workin.
<quoted text>
Se above. Stop assuming so damn much.
Well, therein lies the rub. Common ancestor does not make your claim that all life came from one life. That is where your equivocation fallacy falters. You wrote, "Show me the "FACTS" that all life came from one life, as ToE suggests." You are reading a Wikipedia simplification of the concept and it does not mean what you think it means.

"Modern organisms are the genetic descendants of one ancient, original species (broadly defined as a communal population of organisms exchanging genetic material)". So, it is not in any way all life from one life. Please garner a basic understanding before yo pontificate foolishly and please stop reading Wkikpedia. It will rot your brain.

So, yes, where did life begin is an important piece. It is you who is equivocating the two with your Wikisimplification.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/defau...

Perhaps you can read and learn from an in-depth explanation as opposed to such a simplified one.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623885 May 14, 2013
Redoran wrote:
Number 1; In in my years on this rolling dirt ball, I have never seen one instance of a miracle. If you want to call the stars above, a miracle, that's up to you. Number 2; I have never heard, seen, a prayer for the regrowth of an amputated limb take place. I have witnessed many hundreds of prayers for forgiveness (forgiveness for what?, sinning as Adam and Eve?) and not a one has resulted in anything. Witness mother theresa. All she ever did in India, was to "bless" the dying. Show me where she raised the dead and relieved pain and suffering. Does NOT exist.
Mother Teresa was actually a sadist. She believed people should suffer for her imaginary friend. She consorted with Contras, Strongmen, and criminals and con men. Oh yeah, she was a Christian. Never mind. Same thing.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623886 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The bible states that your god created the first man from dust and the first woman from a rib of the first man with all future humanity stemming from those 2 magically made individuals.
Neither action in any way fits the definition of evolution.
Wait, but, but, but, that's just allegory. Uh, I mean, er, you know, like, uh, you're going to burn for pointing that out....ad nauseum.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623887 May 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still wanna see ONE observed phenomenon that used to have a scientific explanation, and now has a religious/superstitious one.
The Most Honorable Reverend Pat Robertson (R-Conartiststan) explained Hurricane Katrina was because of homosexuals (all that sucking?). Ironically, it missed the French Quarter, the gayest of the gay part of New Orleans. I propose we mobilize a National Gay Shield to travel to different parts of the country that are about to be the victim of Yeahnoway's wrath. That crazy old coot has some crappy aim and gays are like kryptonite to boot. Plus, when they leave, everything will be cleaned, painted, and landscaped.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623888 May 14, 2013
Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>Just one thing I want you to remember, what you said here today. I hope with all my being one day before you die I hope you take Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.
Why? Why would you need a lord or a master? Why do you have a master/slave relationship with an imaginary being that never manifests in reality? What benefit do you receive from such a worldview? How does it improve your quality of life? How can you live in abject fear of a culturally-conditioned belief system? Why don't you say the same about Allah? What kind of supernatural omnipotent would need the worship of mere mortals? It's ridiculous.
Nexus

Raleigh, NC

#623889 May 14, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta go, RR.
Really don't have much time to be here today......
And yet you are still here posting an hour later...
Huh

Plano, TX

#623890 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From ToE, from the common ancestor.
Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
<quoted text>
See? Cherry picker.
Common ancestor is not "one life" no matter what your treasured Wikipoo contains. Ugh.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623891 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From ToE, from the common ancestor.
Why can't you ask ME instead of assuming?
<quoted text>
See? Cherry picker.
So, they're cherry picking when they have no "faith" that you are more intelligent than you present yourself here and I am assuming when I claim that you are. Your door doesn't just swing both ways, it's a regular trisexual.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623892 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh.
So someone that's seeming smarter than you says something and you believe it.
Cool.
<quoted text>
I can totally understand it. I just question it. Something you 'freethinkers' can't seem to do - unless it's about questioning Christianity.
That's not how science works, and you know it. Ugh. You've already proven even Wikipoo is too complicated for your online persona.
Huh

Plano, TX

#623893 May 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU wrote:
Because the god of the Bible does not do it that way. It's in the book! Could "a god" possibly do it that way. sure, why not, but, when you make a specific god claim and the only evidence for that god and what it has accomplished are in a book, that book is what it is, and in that book, there is no evolution. How many of your theist friends that "dispute" evolution based on their understanding of the Bible do you ask to prove their assertions. I'll just score it a zero now until you can come up with some evidence that you have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min kent 665,091
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min AussieBobby 284,448
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 41 min Johnny 1,209
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min bad bob 184,652
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Seentheotherside 446
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr nanoanomaly 87,858
People should start looking after the earth 1 hr UnderstandPeople 61
The Future of Politics in America 3 hr guest 127
More from around the web